Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Maybe I will just give the DGW teams a miss altogether and go for Dempsey!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kompany to be fit within 2 weeks
    Mancini wrote:
    "I hope he can recover in 10 days, two weeks maximum."

Looks like I'll hold onto him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Walcott is down as doubtful...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

The soccer forum thread went 3 days without a post. People now asking how to find us... which I guess is good for the forum. I've linked them to us, with a number of "ads" for some of our threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Need to decide whether to play Sigurdsson or McClean. Any opinions?

Sigurdsson in better form probably, but City probably more solid than Liverpool, even without Kompany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Does anyone subscribe to Fantasy Football Scout ?

I listen to their podcast , don't think I'd pay for their services though .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

carlcon wrote: »
    If you're a regular user of the Soccer forum beyond FF, I'd be wary of doing this. I just got a warning for the post in question from a soccer mod, with the warning of "once more and it's a ban".

Of course, I told them exactly where to stick their warning, but then again, I'm not a regular soccer poster, so I don't care. Just a heads up. They're warning/banning under the grounds of "complaining about modding" if you inform people of the new forum now. As you'll see from my post, I was simply answering the questions of a few confused members, wondering where everyone was, not knowing about us... and that's liable to get me banned, apparently.

I'd imagine you got the warning for having a pop at them in this part of your post:
    Unfortunately, the mods here in Soccer have declined the offer to close this thread, sticky it, and just link to the forum instead. So we'll just have to keep this bumped as often as we can until the mods accept having all FF chat in one place is the best option.

Will you ever just get down off your high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Congrats on your first triumphant post here.
    Thanks - 2nd actually
    Quoting out of context is wonderful and all, but previously in the thread someone said this forum was "news to them", another agreed and asked where it was, and a third was wondering why the thread was quiet, oblivious to this forum.

I gave them a statement of fact (which was only part of the post, but again, nice quoting out of context) to answer their wonderings. Considering the kind of nonsense that gets ignored in that forum, of course the mod in question was just being difficult.

If you want to take my defence of what was essentially a helpful post full of links, answers, and advice and suggest that puts me on a "high horse", that's fair enough. Just keep it to yourself, or I'll be happy to take your PMs should you want to educate me more about myself in the future.

This forum is mentioned in the thread title and linked in the OP of that thread. You could have easily pointed the "lost" posters here without taking a swipe at the soccer mods but you chose not to. Why the whole "them against us" attitude anyway?

I didn't take anything out of context either, seeing as you linked to the offending post in your own post which I quoted.

Anyway.. on topic:

Used my two free transfers this week on Aguero -> Rooney and Kompany -> Skrtel. I might take a 4-point hit to transfer out Sess in the morning but probably not. Currently going with:

Vorm
    Skrtel - Evans - A.Cole
    Silva - Bale - Dempsey - Moses
    Rooney - Graham - RVP (C)

Krul, Kelly, Sessegnon, Simpson

0.6 in the bank to replace Sess. I'm worried about Moses not starting again. I considered taking a punt on Henderson but I don't want to be stuck with him for any period of time after the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

Congrats on your first triumphant post here.

Quoting out of context is wonderful and all, but previously in the thread someone said this forum was "news to them", another agreed and asked where it was, and a third was wondering why the thread was quiet, oblivious to this forum.

I gave them a statement of fact (which was only part of the post, but again, nice quoting out of context) to answer their wonderings. Considering the kind of nonsense that gets ignored in that forum, of course the mod in question was just being difficult.

If you want to take my defence of what was essentially a helpful post full of links, answers, and advice and suggest that puts me on a "high horse", that's fair enough. Just keep it to yourself, or I'll be happy to take your PMs should you want to educate me more about myself in the future.

Always with the drama Carlcon...

Guappa is dead right, your attiute towards the Mods and sly digs are doing you no favours

I give up. Now posts that are actually helping people are being criticised. I thought we moved away from the unconditional ass-kissing of the mods that comes with the Soccer forum.

If I'm the bad guy here, and it's "drama" if I give members here a head-up to pissed-off mods, then there really isn't any point in me trying any more.

And "sly" digs? FFS, I've been blatantly up-front with my issues with the mods. If anything, I could be accused with being too up-front. Why would I need sly digs? That was a perfectly innocent post... and if it was made in any other forum, about anything else, nobody would have looked twice.

This kind of blindness to what's going on here is infuriating at times.

--

*Edit*
    I just deleted all of my replies to your off-topic comments that are simply attacking me (both before and after this was posted). I can't be arsed defending myself any more. Especially now that people are actually making up lies about me to make their points. If you're (plural, to all) the one using an open forum to make posts entirely dedicated to ridiculing one other person, I really don't think I have much to worry about. I posted with good intentions to help people - end of story.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If you do have a legit issue with how a forum is run, take it to PM or take it up in the Feedback Forum. This thread nor any other here shouldn't contain discussion or posting of grievances about a mod in the soccer forum, here or wherever else. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

For God sake logged on to read the latest musings by the fantasy football experts and stuck reading ye bitching at each other.

Would ye both just shut up and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Played my wildcard and now cant see my team - any ideas.?
    Thanks

With less than 15 minutes to go, RVP has definitely won the captain poll. Rooney and Suarez only have a couple of votes between them, but still a good bit off RVP.

I guess that shows little confidence in the DGW this time. It's always harder when you don't have a stand-out team like Spurs to pick from. Can't see anything comparing to that one, with BAE's 24 points, and Bale's 12, who practically everyone had.

So that either means this DGW will be a dud, or be a super differential. Should be interesting!

BobbyD10 wrote: »
    Played my wildcard and now cant see my team - any ideas.?
    Thanks

How do you mean? The site isn't working, or the site is working but it's showing an empty team?

Either way, I'd spend the next 10 mins trying to refresh and sort it out... not much else you can do beyond keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RVP to be a dud this week so ;) ( I also have him as captain )

Brought in Young and Evans this week in place of Kompany and Sess. Looking for something/anything to make up the 30 point gap I am behind in my money league.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Quick Quick.... I've played my WC... Opinions on my team??!

fantasy111228.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

looks ok to me.... maybe pogregneak for the Yak but they both ok.

actually NANI for Young!!!

Shane732 wrote: »
    Quick Quick.... I've played my WC... Opinions on my team??!

Like it. Especially Yakubu in there.

Bogdan will be a waste, almost definitely. So unless he's just there to free up cash and warm the bench all season, I'd be looking for better. Mignolet or Begovic?

But that's my only criticism.

• Advertisement

nani is really inconsistent - dempsey is better than both

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is benching Ba a crazy idea ?

depends who you're benching him for, lol :D

Like it. Especially Yakubu in there.

Bogdan will be a waste, almost definitely. So unless he's just there to free up cash and warm the bench all season, I'd be looking for better. Mignolet or Begovic?

But that's my only criticism.

Well at this stage of the season I'm not overly concerned with trying to add value to my team.

If I was adding value to the team I would have brought Pog in as opposed to the Yak, but the Yak has some nice fixtures and if he knocks a few goals in then he'll jump a bit in value.

I had Mignolet in but I dropped him to Bogdan as I'll play Vorm most weeks and want to have cash to upgrade from the Yak if I need to.

I changed Sig to Drenthe just for the DGW as but I'll go back to Sig once the DGW is over.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Well at this stage of the season I'm not overly concerned with trying to add value to my team.

If I was adding value to the team I would have brought Pog in as opposed to the Yak, but the Yak has some nice fixtures and if he knocks a few goals in then he'll jump a bit in value.

I had Mignolet in but I dropped him to Bogdan as I'll play Vorm most weeks and want to have cash to upgrade from the Yak if I need to.

I changed Sig to Drenthe just for the DGW as but I'll go back to Sig once the DGW is over.

I didn't mean it in terms of value, just points earned. Can't see Bogdan having many more clean sheets this season.

But yeah, fair enough, if you needed the cash and fancy Vorm for most of the season, it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Is benching Ba a crazy idea ?
    depends who you're benching him for, lol
    Well that's the thing...

Striking force is : Surman - McClean - Silva - Bale - Dempsey
    __________________ Suarez (C) - Van Persie

I gambled on Suarez this week (plan is to get Rooney next week) but I'm far behind in money league for the overall prize and teams are getting similar. So it's double or quits this week...

I didn't mean it in terms of value, just points earned. Can't see Bogdan having many more clean sheets this season.

But yeah, fair enough, if you needed the cash and fancy Vorm for most of the season, it'll be fine.

I know that - I was referring to the Yak decision when I was talking about adding value.

I agree that Bogdan won't keep many clean sheets for the rest of the season but having the extra cash to play with was more important to me.

Thanking you kindly for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I feel suddenly nervous because I brought Rooney in instead of Suarez, meaning I have Enrique as my only DGW player....I have a strange feeling about this GW.

nani is really inconsistent - dempsey is better than both

ya but have you seen man utd's run in? easy games for the next 6 or so. alot of points to be picked up by United players!

• Advertisement

Possibly interesting factoid: Nobody in the top 5 in the Boards league has Suarez. You have to go down to 8th to find him.

A couple have Enrique.

RVP captained by all but one, who has Rooney.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement