Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason Cuts/Trades/Signings/Franchise Tags etc.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

kmart6 wrote: »
    He plays hard, people will point to the incident with Andre Johnson but nobody puts any blame on Johnson!

Can't see why the Cowboys would have an issue with that!

As a Cowboys fan ...have you seen our secondary ...they are like guys playing touch football with tackling banned only no-one has told them they can tackle

There is no meanness no nastiness and Finnegan has that in spades ....hes a punk and a s.o.b. for sure but hes a good corner ...

lets look at what we have :

Cowboys SS Gerald Sensabaugh - Cowboys agreed to terms with SS Gerald Sensabaugh on a five-year, $22.5 million contract extension.
    Sensabaugh, 28, played this season on a one-year, $2.5 million contract. He has started all 12 games, racking up a pair of interceptions and two forced fumbles to go with 60 tackles (50 solo). Pro Football Focus has graded Sensabaugh as a top-ten safety in the league this season, performing effectively in both coverage and run support

Cowboys CB Terence Newman - je wasnt good enough in 2010 and got burned more in 2011 and due $6m with $4m against the cap ...r u kiddin me...ranked among the worst with profootballfocus in coverage, Newman graded out as Pro Football Focus' 102nd-rated cornerback in coverage amongst the 109 who qualified, youd have to think Janoris Jenkins and Dre Kirkpatrick could end Newmans Cowboys career .

Orlando Scandrick - signed to a 5 yr $27m deal last year ...he is a capableish slot man but struggles on the outside ...he is being paid like a shutdown corner .. imo he is a reserve

Abram Elam FS - I thought he did alright but he was ranked as a total liability in coverage with profootballfocus , not good for a Free Safety ...now a free agent

Cowboys S Barry Church - . Dallas' third safety is in the final year of his rookie contract in 2012 and seen as a reserve

Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins - will reportedly be sidelined for 4-6 months after undergoing right shoulder surgery last week.

Jenkins played out the season with a protective harness and could barely lift his arm over his head. He could end up missing the Cowboys' entire offseason program, and will be eased into training camp if he needs the full rehab time. Ranked 40th out of 109 cornerbacks by Pro Football Focus in 2011, Jenkins is entering a contract year. Since intercepting five passes during his 2009 Pro Bowl season, Jenkins has managed just two in his 28 ensuing starts while often struggling in coverage- maybe a keeper

Cowboys CB CJ Wilson CB - Originally a seventh-round pick out of Baylor in 2007, Wilson has just 27 tackles in 23 career games with the Panthers. He's primarily a special teamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

No mention of ex-Giant and ex-Raven Frank Walker?

His definition of tackling is to haul down the receiver and just take the flag and penalty. A magnet for PI calls

Ran out of Baltimore and nobody expected that another NFL team would sign him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Possible come back in Blue for Plax? I hope not, it'll piss off Eli.

Elsewhere for the Giants:
    Signs are pointing towards us resigning Goff and releasing Blackburn. It'll be sad to see Chase go. I have a suspicion Jacobs could be resigned as well. I don't think he will get the offers and might restructure in NY. Manningham will get a nice contract, he's gone. Thomas will get a good offer and Ross probably won't. Thomas stays, Ross gone IMO. McKenzie hasn't earned an offer tbh.

It will be very interesting to see what Reese plans to do with Osi. We won't be able to resign him next year so keep your eyes peeled on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

neilster wrote: »
    As a Cowboys fan ...have you seen our secondary ...they are like guys playing touch football with tackling banned only no-one has told them they can tackle

I said ya wouldn't have a problem with him?! i.e. you could do with his play/attitude :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

After watching the Cowboys last year, I think even I'd be an upgrade on their secondary to be fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Mario Williams in Denver at the Nuggets game. May just be a coincidence but interesting nonetheless...

I get the feeling our interest in Manning is a smokescreen so we can pursue our other more realistic free agency targets while the media draws to the chance we might pick up Peyton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Possible come back in Blue for Plax? I hope not, it'll piss off Eli.

Elsewhere for the Giants:
    Signs are pointing towards us resigning Goff and releasing Blackburn. It'll be sad to see Chase go. I have a suspicion Jacobs could be resigned as well. I don't think he will get the offers and might restructure in NY. Manningham will get a nice contract, he's gone. Thomas will get a good offer and Ross probably won't. Thomas stays, Ross gone IMO. McKenzie hasn't earned an offer tbh.

It will be very interesting to see what Reese plans to do with Osi. We won't be able to resign him next year so keep your eyes peeled on that one.

Dont want Plax anywhere near the Giants. We have Nicks and Cruz, jernigan, barden have a bit of potential. Sad to lose Manningham so hope we draft a WR in maybe the 3rd/4th round again.

Ross is a liability, no harm to lose him. Thomas & Webster 2 excellent corners, Amukamara be much better this year. Again drafting a guy in the 2nd/3rd round be no harm.

Would be good if we could trade away Osi for mid round pick and add Mario Williams in free agency.

Hope Jacobs isnt back but fear he will be. He is such a hit and miss guy these days. No-one would give him a contract that would match his valuation of himself. Personally i'd part ways with him as i'd like to see Ware get a larger role behind bradshaw. He looked very good in small few chance last year.

Alot of mocks have us taking a RB in the 1st round. I really really hope that isnt the case. I'd like o-line to be addressed maybe Kelechi Osemele.

Who needs Manning....
    Jim Irsay wrote:
    Colts sign free agents, offensive lineman Jake Kirkpatrick and quarterback Trevor Vittatoe.

I wanna cry.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The Colts have an interesting decision to make at QB, which'll be the #2 from Orlofsky and Painter. Orlofsky actually looked like a serviceable back-up once he got used to the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Syferus wrote: »
    The Colts have an interesting decision to make at QB, which'll be the #2 from Orlofsky and Painter. Orlofsky actually looked like a serviceable back-up once he got used to the system.

That's like asking in which leg you wish to be stabbed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Dan Orlovsky can fúck right off. Bastard cost me a username not too long ago.

More of a reason I'd like him to stay tbh! :D

So now the Colts are fielding calls for Freeney..not happy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

On the Chagers, Jackson can go hiding in big games.
    Not sure if this is the Chargers systems fault or Jackson. When he wants to be IMO he is top 5.

Castillo is a solid player, if he is used as a pure pass rusher a team will get a serious bang for its buck.
    Wouldnt be surprised if he comes back to us.

I would like someone like Marques Colston or Robert Meachem to replace Jackson.

Think defence is going to be dealt with through the draft. Super Mario wont be coming to SD and im happy with that. Way too much for him.
    Someone like Kamerion Wimbley would be great but I also think his price will be inflated with the sum Williams is going to get.

Jackson is also one offence away from a big suspension. He has two DUIs under his belt and is in the middle of 5 years probation for the most recent charge. Whoever gets him would want to be confident of keeping him under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Rochey18 wrote: »
    On the Chagers, Jackson can go hiding in big games.
    Not sure if this is the Chargers systems fault or Jackson. When he wants to be IMO he is top 5.

Castillo is a solid player, if he is used as a pure pass rusher a team will get a serious bang for its buck.
    Wouldnt be surprised if he comes back to us.

I would like someone like Marques Colston or Robert Meachem to replace Jackson.

Think defence is going to be dealt with through the draft. Super Mario wont be coming to SD and im happy with that. Way too much for him.
    Someone like Kamerion Wimbley would be great but I also think his price will be inflated with the sum Williams is going to get.

Freeney or would that be too dear? Got AJ move written all over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

So now the Colts are fielding calls for Freeney..not happy!!!

And you laughed at me when I accidentaly said Freeney was headed somewhere at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

From what I heard is the Chargers wont trade for any "big names".

But with this being AJs last season if we dont do something I wouldnt be surprised if he rolled the dice.
    Freeney also played in a 4-3

matthew8 wrote: »
    And you laughed at me when I accidentaly said Freeney was headed somewhere at the end of the season.
    He hasn't gone yet!

And as you say, you accidentally stated that!

Brandon Jacobs released by the Giants.

Why do I get the feeling that Jacobs thinks there will be 31 other offers on the table?

• Advertisement

Very confident that Lloyd is on his way to the Pats now. He was just on ESPN and said his decision on where he will go will be based on (i) his best fit and (ii) who's throwing him the ball. Nobody fills those two needs like the Pats - I'd say it's a near certainty he'll be joining us.

Why do I get the feeling that Jacobs thinks there will be 31 other offers on the table?
    Not surprising, but that leaves the Giants lacking in the RB department now doesn't it!?

Not surprising, but that leaves the Giants lacking in the RB department now doesn't it!?

Yeah definitely. Wouldn't be so bad if Ahmad Bradshaw wasn't so injury prone, but after him they only have DJ Ware (average), Da'Rel Scott (I quite like him, but he did nothing last year but could be in line for more carries next year) and Andre Brown (been cut by the Giants twice already).

They'll probably look at the draft. Free agency is fairly bland at RB this year. Would love a team to take a punt on Ronnie Hillman in the 4th-ish round of the draft, wouldn't mind if it was the Giants as he'd almost be guaranteed some playing time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

The cull continues in Indy: Joseph Addai, Gary Brackett, Dallas Clark and Melvin Bullitt all released. And Curtis Painter too :eek:

Even at that Ware didn't get much time on the field last year!

Well they could take Addai now(not a chance of that happening!

Addai,Clark,Bullit and Brackett gone form the Colts

Add in Manning, Wayne, Garcon and Saturday to that, and it really is clearing out house! 6 starters from the offense gone in one off season!

Can't see us competing for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

$500,000 in the difference between what he wanted and what the Giants were willing to offer, according to Paul Schwartz.

To be fair to Jacobs, apparently he took a pay cut last year for the sole purpose of allowing the Giants to re-sign Bradshaw so I can understand why he'd hope they'd give him the $500,000 he wanted this time.

Such is the world of the salary cap I suppose.

Where will he end up now and who will the Giants look to get to help Bradshaw? Michael Bush wouldn't be a bad option I guess?

Would have thought Dallas Clark would have been a nice security blanket for Luck.

Odds of a Manning - Wayne - Clark reunion somewhere?

The release of all those players still doesn't negate the dead money Manning leaves on the salary cap. Colts will be unrecognisable next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Very confident that Lloyd is on his way to the Pats now. He was just on ESPN and said his decision on where he will go will be based on (i) his best fit and (ii) who's throwing him the ball. Nobody fills those two needs like the Pats - I'd say it's a near certainty he'll be joining us.

I haven't really seen much of Lloyd, how good is he? And do you think he'd be a good fit for the Pats?

His Wikipedia page suggests he doesn't stick around very long with any team he's been with...is he a trouble-maker?

Would have thought Dallas Clark would have been a nice security blanket for Luck.

Been injured a lot recently, and was never looked interested when he was on the field, which was bad from a guy who was supposed to be one of the leaders of the team!
    Odds of a Manning - Wayne - Clark - Saturday reunion somewhere?

FYP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yeah definitely. Wouldn't be so bad if Ahmad Bradshaw wasn't so injury prone, but after him they only have DJ Ware (average), Da'Rel Scott (I quite like him, but he did nothing last year but could be in line for more carries next year) and Andre Brown (been cut by the Giants twice already).

They'll probably look at the draft. Free agency is fairly bland at RB this year. Would love a team to take a punt on Ronnie Hillman in the 4th-ish round of the draft, wouldn't mind if it was the Giants as he'd almost be guaranteed some playing time now.

I think your being harsh on Ware. He never really got much of a shot and has looked decent.

As I said before I don't think Jacobs is gone out of NY. I think he'll be back due to the lack of offers he gets.

Advertisement