Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I presume its Captain Americas on Grafton Street

That makes sense. :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I presume Leggo wants to have everything confirmed and sorted before letting everyone know the final details

Yep, it's best to wait until Leggo's come back on here and 100% confirmed everything. A lot of times these things get 99% done until something goes wrong at the last moment and cancels everything. But when it's sorted I'll edit the first post and change the title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Full details coming in the next hour or so.

And we are away!

Share this link on your Facebook/Twitter to help spread the word so we can pack it out. :D

http://www.facebook.com/events/253798711370207/
    wmcaptains.jpg

WWE WrestleMania 28 Party
    Captain's Live, Grafton Street
    Sunday 1st April from 8pm!

For the first-time ever, view pro-wrestling's equivalent of the Superbowl, WWE WrestleMania on the big screen in Dublin City Centre!

Superbowl night has become one of the biggest nights in Dublin over the past few years...now it's time for WrestleMania night to follow suit!

WWE WrestleMania 28 airs Sunday 1st April and promises to be one of the biggest pro-wrestling events ever. If you can't be in Miami to watch it live, this is going to be the best solution for anyone left in Ireland. We'll have food, booze, music, fancy dress, the place jammed to the rafters with fellow WWE fans and the big show on the big screen.

Card:
    Dwayne 'THE ROCK' Johnson vs. JOHN CENA

THE UNDERTAKER vs. TRIPLE H in a HELL IN A CELL match with special referee, SHAWN MICHAELS

Ireland's own, SHEAMUS, vs. World Champion, DANIEL BRYAN

WWE Champion CM PUNK vs. CHRIS JERICHO

There's a full night of entertainment lined up from 8pm including:
    • Classic WrestleMania matches
    • A WWE-themed DJ set from Irish wrestler turned club/radio DJ, Rick Nash.
    • Prizes for the best fancy dress costumes & more!

Tickets for this major event are ONLY €5 and can be bought from any of Captain's outlets in Grafton St, Blanchardstown, Tallaght and Cork. Tickets on sale from Friday 16th March. Buy early to avoid disappointment.

Late bar.
    Food until 10.30pm.

Drinks Promos:
    • 3 Heineken/Coor's Light - €10
    • 3 Jeigerbomb's - €10
    • Cocktail Tower (8 cocktails) - €24

If you require any further info, you can reach me at Rick@AMTLive.ie or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/thericknash.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sound, I have a concert in Dublin on the 16th, so I can get a ticket then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Genuinely can't wait for this. I'll be the big English bloke on his own wearing the 'Layeth The Smacketh Down' T-shirt :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jayk beat me to it and added this to the OP about 1min ago, but I really hope this is as much of a success as I think it should be and can become an annual think. I know id love to go and tbh wish I was in Ireland for it (or Miami i guess).... Stupid China

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

20 quid for 3 coors and 3 jagerbombs? Ill have some of that!!!

im quite eager to hear this WWE themed DJ set also! Wonder what it will be like.

when I get pissed ill probably start going around randomly fake stunning people and saying wrestling catchphrases like I do in college :(

so sorry in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Deadly looking forward to this now ill be going unless my plans change between now and then.

Gonna see can i get a few to head in as well already see a few on me facebook i imagine would head along!

Fair fooks to ya Leggo :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

ok-im-so-jelly-thumb.jpg.pagespeed.ce.2l5zHrrxzf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tinie wrote: »
    20 quid for 3 coors and 3 jagerbombs? Ill have some of that!!!

im quite eager to hear this WWE themed DJ set also! Wonder what it will be like.

when I get pissed ill probably start going around randomly fake stunning people and saying wrestling catchphrases like I do in college :(

so sorry in advance

I dressed as Hulk Hogan a few years ago for halloween and cut a full promo on some guy.
    Then played Real American on my phone and staggered away >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i've booked Monday off work for Wrestlemania anyway.

i could very well be there, it sounds quality either way.

fair play to you leggo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

do you have to be in before a certain time?

(P.S. that may be a really dumb question!)

SlickRic wrote: »
    do you have to be in before a certain time?

(P.S. that may be a really dumb question!)

Not a dumb question at all!

Best bet is to buy a ticket beforehand if possible. I really can't guarantee that there will be tickets on the door, since this is the first time this has ever been done so interest could be huge once word spreads.

If there is still tickets on the door (which, realistically, I'm anticipating and I'll let you all know either way) then your best bet is to arrive as close to 8pm as possible. At the very least, to ensure you have a seat if you want one! I remember I was turned away for Superbowl night three years ago after I was working late and was gutted.

Ideally I wouldn't like that to be the case for big wrestling fans, especially since this will likely be the only option for people in town this year (I don't expect any other pubs to risk running their own event since we've put the word out, but a LOT will be watching to see if this does well for next year's event).

So better safe than sorry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oooo me likey.

leggo wrote: »
    Not a dumb question at all!

Best bet is to buy a ticket beforehand if possible. I really can't guarantee that there will be tickets on the door, since this is the first time this has ever been done so interest could be huge once word spreads.

If there is still tickets on the door (which, realistically, I'm anticipating and I'll let you all know either way) then your best bet is to arrive as close to 8pm as possible. At the very least, to ensure you have a seat if you want one! I remember I was turned away for Superbowl night three years ago after I was working late and was gutted.

Ideally I wouldn't like that to be the case for big wrestling fans, especially since this will likely be the only option for people in town this year (I don't expect any other pubs to risk running their own event since we've put the word out, but a LOT will be watching to see if this does well for next year's event).

So better safe than sorry. :)

If you've got a ticket will that guarantee entrance or will we still need to be in there a few hours before the show?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If you've got a ticket will that guarantee entrance or will we still need to be in there a few hours before the show?

Good question.

Being reasonable, look, you ARE guaranteed entry with a ticket.

But at the same time, if you show up at 2-3am, and we're after packing the place to capacity to the point where we physically can't let people in due to fire regulations, then obviously we just can't.

So as long as you don't head off to get the shift in Copper's beforehand and show up after it closes just in time to see the main event, you're safe with a ticket. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Cheers for setting this and the event on Facebook up Leggo! Is it possible to change it so we can be able to see who else is going on the event? Shall start spamming away now. :)

leggo wrote: »
    So as long as you don't head off to get the shift in Copper's beforehand and show up after it closes just in time to see the main event, you're safe with a ticket.

There goes my plan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Amazing work on this leggo. Not only have you successfully booked the first non-Voltwad and Diabhal unknowingly being in the same pub one time PW beers but you've got a quality deal too. Just hoping though could you hold up a few tickets for us non-Dublin folk who won't be in Dublin till the night of?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Should be great night. Hopefully the sound will be up high so we can pop for when Sheamus' music hits!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just hoping though could you hold up a few tickets for us non-Dublin folk who won't be in Dublin till the night of?

Thats not a bad shout actually. I'd need at least two tickets and i doubt i'll be in Dublin between now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Leggo = Wrestling God

Amazing work on this leggo. Not only have you successfully booked the first non-Voltwad and Diabhal unknowingly being in the same pub one time PW beers but you've got a quality deal too. Just hoping though could you hold up a few tickets for us non-Dublin folk who won't be in Dublin till the night of?

Let me get back to you on that, can't see there being a problem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Thats not a bad shout actually. I'd need at least two tickets and i doubt i'll be in Dublin between now and then.

Don't be so confident. You have to woo me with flowers and chocolate first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Is there a cover charge mentioned? I can't see it listed anywhere (on le phone)

Oh, one more quick thing: this is a fan night above all else and I realise everyone has their own ideas on how they'd like to celebrate it. I've already had a few people come to me with great ideas and ways we can run certain things and I completely encourage that stuff. Captain's are great too: their boss is a fan himself so is letting me just run with it.

So if you guys have any ideas or anything, let me know and I'll do my best to make them a reality. It's your night, not mine after all, I'm just organising it. And my only priority is that everyone gets to see the show and has the best night possible!

subway wrote: »
    Is there a cover charge mentioned? I can't see it listed anywhere (on le phone)

Yep, €5. Tickets are available from the 4 Captain's outlets in Grafton St, Blanch, Tallaght and Cork. Provided it doesn't sell out, there'll also be some on the door that night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Captain Americas yeah? Do they have many telly's there? Seems to be taking off, mates on fb that I hadn't told are posting up the link now so you are doing well :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Are you in or around Galway city? If you want, I could try to get a ticket for you when I'm up on the 16th and give it to you whenever, I'm up during the weekdays in Galway.

Advertisement