Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Sports Thread (NBA, NCAA, MBL, NHL, NFL, etc.)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Bucks (-8) last night, was so lucky! 2 free throws and a missed shot in the last 7 seconds for the bucks to win by 9..

Whats with paddy powers having prices up for basketball the night before the game and in the morning but taking them down during the day and putting them back up around half 5? Its quite frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just noticed the saints are only -3 tonight. We all know how good san francisco's defence was this year but scoring field goals isn't gonna get you even within 3 points of new Orleans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just noticed the saints are only -3 tonight. We all know how good san francisco's defence was this year but scoring field goals isn't gonna get you even within 3 points of new Orleans

Saints are away from home, different animal to be honest, the spread looks ok to me, I fancy the Saints to do it, but I do expect it to be close

49ers D is really really good, QB has impressed this season and they are at home.

Couldnt go nuts on the Saints -3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

SF saints game is amazing .. 49ers on top big time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Posted a thread in the Gambling Advice forum but might be better suited to this thread so I said I'd throw it in here for the craic.

Just wondering if anyone on here has ever used Accuscore for their betting, specifically on the NBA or NHL? I'm probably going to give their free weeks trial a go in the coming weeks, anybody have any suggestions on how best to use the free week?

Cheers,
    MJS

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

NHL time coming up shortly. Going for a single tonight on the San Jose Sharks @ 4/6 or Overs @ little over evens. Not entirely sure yet tbh. I watched the game last night against the Lightning and they were undone in overtime 6-5. Sharks are a goal fest team, a very attacking outfit and go all out. It might be worth looking at Overs in that case.

There are rumors the Sharks No.1 keeper might be out for this one which will be a blow also thus increasing the chance for goals for the Hurricanes.

Last tip, is a potential upset is in the Red Wings match and them being.. losing at home to the Predators. Zata is missing and he is a big player for them. Red Wings have a massive unbeaten streak at home, and I'm weary about backing against Detroit but tonight could be the night. Predators are 7/5.

NHL time coming up shortly. Going for a single tonight on the San Jose Sharks @ 4/6 or Overs @ little over evens. Not entirely sure yet tbh. I watched the game last night against the Lightning and they were undone in overtime 6-5. Sharks are a goal fest team, a very attacking outfit and go all out. It might be worth looking at Overs in that case.

There are rumors the Sharks No.1 keeper might be out for this one which will be a blow also thus increasing the chance for goals for the Hurricanes.

Last tip, is a potential upset is in the Red Wings match and them being.. losing at home to the Predators. Zata is missing and he is a big player for them. Red Wings have a massive unbeaten streak at home, and I'm weary about backing against Detroit but tonight could be the night. Predators are 7/5.

Hope you abstained in the end...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You win some, you lose some. Footy betting is more than covering a minor NHL loss (overs). I'm just looking forward to the playoffs and that's when the afterburners are turned on going by the winnings from the past 5 playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

A bet that interests me tonight is SA Spurs @ POR TBlazers.

Spurs on a 11 game winning streak beating Jazz by (4), Clippers by (3), Raptors by (7), Pistons by (4), Nets by (14), 76ers by (10), Grizzlies by (5), Thunder by (11), Hornets by (12), Rockets by (8) and Grizzlies by (10).

Before that last game they lost by only 1 in overtime. There record is 23-9

Trailblazers on the other hand are not that great recording 5 wins from their last 13 and losing to the really poor Wizards team by 15 points. Trailblazers record is 17-16.

I really fancy Spurs tonight on the money line (win) @ 31/20 or a bit of a safer bet of Spurs +4 @ 10/11. Another bet that kinda interests me is Spurs over 93 points (team total points) they have scored above the 100 mark in their last 6 games.

So what i like is:

Spurs to win @ 31/20
    Spurs +4 @ 10/11
    Spurs over 93 @ 5/6

all with bet 365.

Best of luck.

Price for the win is now 33/20

CriticEyes wrote: »
    A bet that interests me tonight is SA Spurs @ POR TBlazers.

Spurs on a 11 game winning streak beating Jazz by (4), Clippers by (3), Raptors by (7), Pistons by (4), Nets by (14), 76ers by (10), Grizzlies by (5), Thunder by (11), Hornets by (12), Rockets by (8) and Grizzlies by (10).

Before that last game they lost by only 1 in overtime. There record is 23-9

Trailblazers on the other hand are not that great recording 5 wins from their last 13 and losing to the really poor Wizards team by 15 points. Trailblazers record is 17-16.

I really fancy Spurs tonight on the money line (win) @ 31/20 or a bit of a safer bet of Spurs +4 @ 10/11. Another bet that kinda interests me is Spurs over 93 points (team total points) they have scored above the 100 mark in their last 6 games.

So what i like is:

Spurs to win @ 31/20
    Spurs +4 @ 10/11
    Spurs over 93 @ 5/6

all with bet 365.

Best of luck.

Price for the win is now 33/20

If anyone has any info on this game it be great to hear is there any reason not to jump on the Spurs tonight. Tip off 3:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Spurs on a very long road trip, wouldn't be a surprise to slip up once! As for the Blazers, got blown out last night,but really was just one bad quarter, weren't too bad otherwise, and the Spurs have lost their last 6 at the Rose!

Wouldn't lump on it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

If anyone has any info on this game it be great to hear is there any reason not to jump on the Spurs tonight. Tip off 3:30

I guessed the line at -4, which is what it was, so a stay-away for me.
    The Spurs are without Ginobili (though he's been out for a lot of the season) and just lost Tiago Splitter, who's a significant player for them this year.

I think the Blazers are better than their record, and Lamarcus Aldridge is back after injury (2nd or 3rd game back), so their recent form is deceptive. He's been playing like a beast, 22 points/8 rebounds, best numbers of his career. With injuries in the front-court, looks a bad matchup for the Spurs.

My bets tonight are:
    Grizzlies +1 vs. 76ers
    Heat -13.5 vs. Kings

went with a trixie in the end:

Grizzlies to win
    Pacers over 96
    Spurs over 93.

C'mon

Why have spurs drifted out to 11/4 and the line to 7.5. Have the spurs team all been shot?

Read the posts from myself and Padraig and there could be your reason!

Why have spurs drifted out to 11/4 and the line to 7.5. Have the spurs team all been shot?

Was announced Tim Duncan is doubtful.

Wow him and Parker out!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Wow him and Parker out!

Looks like they're being rested! That's a problem with betting on the Spurs, brilliant as Popovich is, he does some crazy stuff.

Need them to score over 93 points to bring in a Trixie.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Looks like they're being rested! That's a problem with betting on the Spurs, brilliant as Popovich is, he does some crazy stuff.
    Yeah true, makes a bit of sense too with the long Rodeo Trip they've had!

• Advertisement

Just scrapped the 93....

went with a trixie in the end:

Grizzlies to win
    Pacers over 96
    Spurs over 93.

C'mon

Get in ya ringadingthing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Pacers (-5.5) tonight.
    bobcats are awful.

BQQ wrote: »
    Pacers (-5.5) tonight.
    bobcats are awful.

I'm on this. Everything points to the Pacers here.

BQQ wrote: »
    Pacers (-5.5) tonight.
    bobcats are awful.

Nice shout, cheers for the heads-up. Only disappointed (as usual) that I didn't go with a bit more than the spread.

Think I'll be keeping my eye out for Charlotte games in future. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

Lookin for a favor lads can't get on to the betfair forum could anyone check a poster called tobyp picks for tonight many thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SimplyBetting

TobyP:
    For that reason, im using tonight as a big tester in to whether i need to adapt this system, so iv gone for a the double;

over 195 in the okc/lakers
    under 202 in the miami/knicks

Also, i think the spread markets are quite hard tonight, yet the outright i think there is value.

Iv gone on a 3 teamer;

Orlando
    Spurs
    Thunder.

Going to put a small wager on the NJ Devils to beat the Bruins in Boston tonight. The Devils are 7-1 straight-up on their last eight road games, including wins over Montreal, Toronto, New York (Rangers) and Philadelphia. Their last game was a defeat against the Rangers but was a tight game. Boston, on the other hand, are stuttering and have only won 1 of their last 5 at home.

Will either go NJ @ 2.45 on the Money Line or NJ -1 @ 3.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

North Carolina playing Duke at 12:00 anyone got an opinion on this game?

• Advertisement

robbie1977 wrote: »
    North Carolina playing Duke at 12:00 anyone got an opinion on this game?
    Just stay away from it! Do you want a full explanation or can I leave it at that?!

Advertisement