Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Quick one - does anyone know how to make a low fat chocolate icing for cupcakes not using philidelphia.

I made the chocolate cherry cupcakes from teh complete kitchen book and both myself and the OH did not like the icing (philidelphia based) and I need to make something else for them. Bringing them too book club tonight so need them to be good!

What about quark and a little white chocolate I used it for mine and thought it was lovely!
    I used dark chocolate though :) or failing that some low fat spread, and some white chocolate, just put a small bit on the ones you are eating :) you might need some icing sugar in it as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

user37 wrote: »
    i've noticed alot of talk on here this last few days about chinese takeaways! i alway get dry fried chicken chow mein but have no idea how to point it. i know one od the books says 9pp or sumthing (but lets face it, i'm thinking more 20pp). What way does anyone else point there chineses.......!!!

Also, i dont drink every week, but when i do (usually a bottle of wine of a sat night) i'm always up on the weekly thursday weigh-in , does this happen anyone else..

A singapore chow mein used to be pointed (in the old system) at about 9 points. So I generally pp it at around the 15pp mark coz I like the bit of curry sauce on the side. The noodles are quite thin so I am hoping I am doing it right haha! I don't get it very often but its so nice and tasty and full of flavour! So much better than a bag of chips from the chipper! :D

I had a gorgeous sweet and sour lastnight. Loadsa veggies, a little chicken (half a fillet) and the tesco light choices sauce. It was delish!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Baby75 wrote: »
    What about quark and a little white chocolate I used it for mine and thought it was lovely!
    I used dark chocolate though :) or failing that some low fat spread, and some white chocolate, just put a small bit on the ones you are eating :) you might need some icing sugar in it as well!

I dont have any quark and I have no time to go to the shop

I wsa thinking of just dark chocolate melted as I have some in the cupboard. Might add a bit of icing sugar and maybe an egg yolk to thiken it.

I worked out the icing Im not using was 7pp - so if I could just measure out 7pp worth of those ingredients or put a small amount on mine like you said!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

WI this morn a day early because I'm off 2 killarney 4 the weekend (goin to try and be good but I'm making no promises!!!!) Down 1.5!!!!! Its the 1st time since 8mas iv been down, after weeks of STS and a few gaining a lil, almost back to where I was before I went off track, yipee!!
    Today is just getin better and better!!!
    Goin spinning tonight to pre offset some damge that wil be done over the weekend abd also gona throw a pair of runners in the car so I can try get a walk or 2 in killarney national park!!! Its just such a lovely place to go walking!!!!

ali85 wrote: »
    A singapore chow mein used to be pointed (in the old system) at about 9 points. So I generally pp it at around the 15pp mark coz I like the bit of curry sauce on the side. The noodles are quite thin so I am hoping I am doing it right haha! I don't get it very often but its so nice and tasty and full of flavour! So much better than a bag of chips from the chipper! :D

I had a gorgeous sweet and sour lastnight. Loadsa veggies, a little chicken (half a fillet) and the tesco light choices sauce. It was delish!!! :D

I thought chicken chow mein was 9 or may be 10 pp

Chinese

Chicken and sweetcorn soup 6pp
    Spring roll 9pp each
    Prawn crackers 9pp
    Char Sui Pork 11 pp
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9 pp (not including rice)
    Chicken with Mushroom 8 pp (not including rice)

Mushroom Chow Mein 5 Mushroom Foo Yung 6
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10 (not including rice)
    Special Chow Mein 9
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12 (not including rice)
    Vegetable Curry 8 (not including rice)
    Lemon Chicken 10 (not including rice)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Last night I had a chinese take away with a few friends. I chose the chicken chow mein as I was delighted when I saw the pro points value at 9. BUT the portion was huge, it was in one of those silver 'long trays'.. There was very little chicken (not a huge complaint).
    Unfortunately when I was finished there was a coating of oil on the plate.
    I suppose what I'm trying to get at is I cannot believe its only 9 points..

Anyone have any ideas?

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Last night I had a chinese take away with a few friends. I chose the chicken chow mein as I was delighted when I saw the pro points value at 9. BUT the portion was huge, it was in one of those silver 'long trays'.. There was very little chicken (not a huge complaint).
    Unfortunately when I was finished there was a coating of oil on the plate.
    I suppose what I'm trying to get at is I cannot believe its only 9 points..

Anyone have any ideas?

:confused::confused::confused:

What I try to do is point the components of it as best you can - roughly what weight of noodles do you think was in it, the same with the chicken, try point a chow mein sauce from the supermarket. Then add points for oil - you'll never get it exactly right but i think going with your gut that it was more than 9 is you're best option.

Unless its a branded chain of restaurants, i tend to take the eating out guide as what its called - a guide - and use your best judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

I'm terrified of filling and healthy too - I know i wouldnt be able to stop when full. I eat way too fast and even though I have slowed down loads it is still too fast.

And I know I am not meant to say this but I love that really really full feeling - and I usually get it from eating loads of veg and properly portioned carbs and protein. I am trying to train myself off it but because of this filling and healthy is def not for me!

Not for me either i wouldn't have enough will power to stop myself! I know i'm full sometimes but if its nice i just want to keep going! So there's no way i'd trust myself with the filling & healthy, well not yet anyway :)

Baby75 wrote: »
    I thought chicken chow mein was 9 or may be 10 pp

Chinese

Chicken and sweetcorn soup 6pp
    Spring roll 9pp each
    Prawn crackers 9pp
    Char Sui Pork 11 pp
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9 pp (not including rice)
    Chicken with Mushroom 8 pp (not including rice)

Mushroom Chow Mein 5 Mushroom Foo Yung 6
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10 (not including rice)
    Special Chow Mein 9
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12 (not including rice)
    Vegetable Curry 8 (not including rice)
    Lemon Chicken 10 (not including rice)

well thats great! I may have been over pointing :D happy days... less weeklies! :D

Glad I was overpointing rather that being miles out...

I got the eating out book myself but I was pointing high coz of the oil and the different pieces of meat and prawns and that... :D im a wagon for the veggies though! Just made a gorgeous sweet chilli veggie stirfry... was DELISH!

Haven't been feeling too good today and where I used to get chipper as a comfort food, the veggies just hit the spot. really good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hi all,well done on the losses!! haven't posted in awhile,but was reading! was down 1.5lbs on thurs,hopefully im back!!!

• Advertisement

hollyhock wrote: »
    hi all,well done on the losses!! haven't posted in awhile,but was reading! was down 1.5lbs on thurs,hopefully im back!!!

Well done!!!

Onwards and downwards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Got my 1st stone! It really is special...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just in from a walk with the dogs - absolutely gorgeous morning out!! Studying now but hope to get out again later. Dinner is lasagne again (recipe makes 4 portions & there's only 2 of us!) so won't be slaving over a hot stove today! Salmon fillets with lots of steamed veggies on the menu for tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Nesie wrote: »
    Got my 1st stone! It really is special...

Well done Nesie!!!
    ShindyB wrote: »
    Just in from a walk with the dogs - absolutely gorgeous morning out!! Studying now but hope to get out again later. Dinner is lasagne again (recipe makes 4 portions & there's only 2 of us!) so won't be slaving over a hot stove today! Salmon fillets with lots of steamed veggies on the menu for tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Im about to head out myself... i had a lovely lie in this morning, so am all set to hit the park in spots! :D Im having like a paella tonight... well my version... some chicken, chorizo, prawns and loadsa veggies... with rice :D

My little one loves chorizo... thank god! she was getting it whether she liked it or not hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Just back from a lovely walk myself, fab day out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Just in the door from a walk too, fab day hope there are plenty more to come!!

Still tracking daily, sticking to my points have not touched weeklies yet and my night out has been cancelled so gonna try leave the weeklies alone and see what effect that has on my WI!

Hi guys. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Ever since I came home on Tuesday after weigh in i've been eating ALL the wrong foods, mostly junk.. And i'm so disappointed in myself yet I just want more.. I'm still within my points every day and have most weeklies left but I just feel miserable.. I'm still going along with my routine of 3+ pints of water a day but something tells me I may be up next week..

I'm just wondering, and this may seem like a bit of a stupid question, is it possible to gain weight even though you're withing your points budget?

Some advice would really help..

Peeling myself away from the rugby now to go for a walk! Maybe i'll feel better after it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Ever since I came home on Tuesday after weigh in i've been eating ALL the wrong foods, mostly junk.. And i'm so disappointed in myself yet I just want more.. I'm still within my points every day and have most weeklies left but I just feel miserable.. I'm still going along with my routine of 3+ pints of water a day but something tells me I may be up next week..

I'm just wondering, and this may seem like a bit of a stupid question, is it possible to gain weight even though you're withing your points budget?

Peeling myself away from the rugby now to go for a walk! Maybe i'll feel better after it! :o

well, it happened to me a couple of times....worked my butt off all week, stayed within my points every day and i still gained...

just draw a line under it, and stick with it! that's the best advice i can give!

im just back with the program now after a 3 week blip (it happens to everyone! :rolleyes:). went to the weigh in on tuesday and was down 0.5lb, which i could not understand. but it really spurred me on! been having a good week, stayed within my points every day (apart from friday, which is my "treat" day!)

does anyone else save their weeklies for a specific day? or spread them out over the week?

i usually save mine for a specific day, and before my blip i still had pretty consistent weight loss!

21.5lb loss in total now, i've got a confirmation to go to in 4 weeks, so i've set myself a 4 pound mini goal by then!

I stuck within my points every day since I started WW. Im 8 weeks in now and had a loss every week, except for last week. I had been working out like a mad thing! had used 10 weeklies... (for my takeaway on WI night) other than that I was perfect... but I earned 27 activity points and I stayed the same. I was soooooo peed off... my leader told me that i should be eating more of my weeklies, especially if I was exercising a lot... tried it last week and at WI this week I was down 2.5...

so i would try using up even a few extra weeklies.. just give it a go... 1 week in the grand scheme of things isn't really a lot. It worked for me, it might not work for you... but anything is worth a try! :D

just wanna double check how many pp in one of these, I worked it out at 3pp but the box was ripped in 2 so not 100% sure!!

• Advertisement

intouch44 wrote: »
    just wanna double check how many pp in one of these, I worked it out at 3pp but the box was ripped in 2 so not 100% sure!!

Yep, that's right! 1 for 3pp 2 for 7..

ali85 wrote: »
    so i would try using up even a few extra weeklies.. just give it a go... 1 week in the grand scheme of things isn't really a lot. It worked for me, it might not work for you... but anything is worth a try! :D

Yeah, in saying all that I always use all my weeklies and stick to my dailies every day, rarely going over them and I have lost every week for the past 8 weeks, I was just concerned about the type of food I was using my pro points for.. Tues will tell I suppose!

Better get out pounding the paths tomorrow =)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone :-) well I haven't been on here in a while well 100 pages actually il be spending the next few days to catch up!! Had started ww over here in oz gained 400g the first week was gutted then last week I lost 2.9kg!! Was delighted so I'm determined to keep it at minus figures from now on! Started a new office job so no temptation anymore just a good routine !! Hope you all are having a good weekend :-) and still on the ww buzz :-)

Hello everyone :-) well I haven't been on here in a while well 100 pages actually il be spending the next few days to catch up!! Had started ww over here in oz gained 400g the first week was gutted then last week I lost 2.9kg!! Was delighted so I'm determined to keep it at minus figures from now on! Started a new office job so no temptation anymore just a good routine !! Hope you all are having a good weekend :-) and still on the ww buzz :-)
    That's great well done, I was wondering how you were getting on :)

PS send us some sun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Howdy Doody guys..

Hope ye all had a good weekend! I have been alright, Kept within my points although I am going to have a few bottles of sol this evening.. Delighted everyone at the birthday party was complementing my weight and new clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

It's nice when you get a compliment isn't it. Your so used to seeing yourself everyday other people notice it more. It's like a pat on the back for all your hard work.

Ok so didn't go out exercising/walking today but I have been cleaning since 11 this morning and I'm only sitting down now. I'm only aching! Handwashed car, hoovered it out, hoovered house and cleaned floors on my hands and knees! Reckon that counts as activity???? :) I'm actually stiff now. Davina is not getting a look in later.....

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    It's nice when you get a compliment isn't it. Your so used to seeing yourself everyday other people notice it more. It's like a pat on the back for all your hard work.

Ok so didn't go out exercising/walking today but I have been cleaning since 11 this morning and I'm only sitting down now. I'm only aching! Handwashed car, hoovered it out, hoovered house and cleaned floors on my hands and knees! Reckon that counts as activity???? :) I'm actually stiff now. Davina is not getting a look in later.....

Ya was great Maggie! and from about 8 seperate people had not seen most them in about a year so it as a two stone difference they got to see and transformation from tracksuit to dresses!!

I know its hard to believe but i (the person who is allergic to excersise) went walking and running this weekend!!

am struggling with my knee this weekend big time... flares up every now and again so i have been walking and trying to do exercises that don't really involve me legs. Went for a walk both today and yesterday although at a slower pace than i usually do. gained 7 activity points so it can't be all bad.going to try the wii fit tonight... even just the boxing or something.

sticking within my points for the weekend. no weeklies if i can help it. used 13 in my first 2 days since WI so going to be careful again today and at least when im working late tomorrow i can bulk up then.

So proud though, I am a total footie fanatic. big arsenal fan and all, so usually i sit and gorge while im watching any match but today i had a packet of tayto waffles (2pp) and a big lunchbox full of fruit salad. im necking the water too..

ali85 congratulations on arsenals win and more importantly on not binging while watching it :D

am having a good weekend, fish in the oven for dinner, plenty of exercise done this week and lots of water drank!

am hitting tgi next week with my friend- looking forward to the yummy fajitas, hope I can steer clear of the cocktails, am hoping for a loss this week to motivate me to be good next week!! but anyway one week at a time, am so proud of myself for staying on the wagon this weekend :D

• Advertisement

intouch44 wrote: »
    ali85 congratulations on arsenals win and more importantly on not binging while watching it :D

am having a good weekend, fish in the oven for dinner, plenty of exercise done this week and lots of water drank!

am hitting tgi next week with my friend- looking forward to the yummy fajitas, hope I can steer clear of the cocktails, am hoping for a loss this week to motivate me to be good next week!! but anyway one week at a time, am so proud of myself for staying on the wagon this weekend :D

ah thanks intouch... it was nerve wracking to say the least. i tend to pick when im nervous! haha!

well done for staying on the wagon. Its so easy to make a few bad choices and for it to ruin your whole week!

Them fajitas have my stomach grumbling hahaa!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement