Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk v Chris Brown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Once again Powell's POV is absolutly useless. Why is it even still included?

Exactly. I always laugh at these, like who is he and why should we care what he thinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Punk on Hot97.5 NY w/Rosenberg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Punk says some things which have merit but wtf does it matter to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I just fail to see how Punk can take the high road when it comes to women at all. Never a fan of Punk in all honesty and this hasn't warmed me to him either, just a very annoying self righteous individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

I thought he came across well there on Hot97.

Glad he cleared up why now all of a sudden. I don't follow Chris Brown on twitter so I haven't read any of his crazy shit either.

Maybe he still would have been better off keeping to himself, especially since people have mentioned here that he supported a guy who beat up his wife too. I don't know, the whole thing seems unnecessary but at least I get where he's coming from now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

khrma.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

My friend told me about this earlier and I thought it was a wwe story line/gimmick with Chris Brown.

I love CM Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

This thread has more posts than the Cena v rock thread.......

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dancor wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056327512

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I never use Twitter. Never had a use for it apart from following news and using it as part of Tweetdeck. I think I made my post in about a year of #aintnowomanbeater.

Punk is right though; this little chap doesnt deserve his fame. And I do believe he accidentally tweeted Chris's name, im sure he doesnt give a crud about it. The brilliant fact is that Chris acknowledged it. That shows he has no shame in it. Its sick. This has nothing to do with music, and nothing to do with wrestling. Punk shows his values which are good ones.

The publicity he gets for this is nothing but good. Its more than just PR for WWE or himself, its showing values that all men should hold.

Unless they come at you with a bottle. I'd hit a woman who's trying to hit me with her bottle, that's different, that's self defense, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Dancor wrote: »

I'm so glad everybody is behaving mature in that thread if there was a similar thread over in the Soccer board it'd turn to crap and have to be closed

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come Punk used Chris Brown's name in his tweet to begin with? Sorry but I dont think it was accidental (he could have said Austin, Luger or Tyson etc) and why didnt Punk get angry three years ago when Rihanna was beat up :rolleyes: ironic that Punk when he is now at the top in WWE brings it up or perhaps Punk fancies Rihanna and thinks this will win her over :p

BTW has Rihanna made any comment on this?

I think this could cause a lot more headache for Punk and WWE if all past domestic abuse cases involving wrestlers come out in light of this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,074 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Punk giving his opinion when someone asked him about it (I assume?) is only really inclusive of Brown. I'm sure if you asked him about Austin and whatnot he'd have a response already made out and I think it'd be along the lines of the fact that these wrestlers have shown remorse for their actions and live in a different world to Brown. No excuse I suppose but as Punk said in his Hot97 video he believes in forgiveness, his problem with Brown is that he has no remorse and is just the same thug.

The funniest thing about it is the "real" wrestlers that Brown mentioned. Brown is a 90s kid and mentions a load of 80s wrestlers which shows it's not even him responding and probably one of his entourage.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How come Punk used Chris Brown's name in his tweet to begin with? Sorry but I dont think it was accidental (he could have said Austin, Luger or Tyson etc) and why didnt Punk get angry three years ago when Rihanna was beat up :rolleyes: ironic that Punk when he is now at the top in WWE brings it up or perhaps Punk fancies Rihanna and thinks this will win her over :p

I think this could cause a lot more headache for Punk and WWE if all past domestic abuse cases involving wrestlers come out in light of this

The timing is ironic giving that I read somewhere last week that he's not popular in the female demograph. Granted every man knows never to hit/abuse women and Chris Brown got too easy of a time of it but the timing of mentioning this is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

GTR63 wrote: »
    The timing is ironic giving that I read somewhere last week that he's not popular in the female demograph. Granted every man knows never to hit/abuse women and Chris Brown got too easy of a time of it but the timing of mentioning this is strange.

Its being mentioned because of his Grammy comment and that he clearly isnt remorseful.

Africa wrote: »
    Its being mentioned because of his Grammy comment and that he clearly isnt remorseful.

He's a spoilt prick thats hardly a revelation but I don't get why Punk is only saying this now. This is the guy who trashed a dressing room on Good Morning America(think thats what its called) after they just mentioned it to the parasite. I'm worried that it could blow up in wwe's face cosying up to tmz & e! as if either of them wouldn't trash wwe if given the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

was punk even on twitter 3 years ago?

it be funny if brown replied at least he has been in a real fight :p

cant see jericho being happy at this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Why would Jericho not be happy, out of interest? Surely any publicity for either Punk or Jericho is good publicity in the buildup to WrestleMania.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

Having thought about it, I can't believe Chris Brown replied to something like that. He's very famous, has loads of fans etc, surely he gets abusive comments every day. Shouldn't have even bothered with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Why would Jericho not be happy, out of interest? Surely any publicity for either Punk or Jericho is good publicity in the buildup to WrestleMania.

so far its all about punk v brown

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He's the odd man out. Everyone is talking about Punk and Brown. Jericho is already an after thought. That usually takes six or so months to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If only there was a Rihanna look-a-like who travels on the road with the Raw crew.

Oh wait!

Alicia1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

But why is that even relevant? There are plenty of singers involved in domestic abuse cases too. Same could be said of any profession

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

deisedude wrote: »
    But why is that even relevant? There are plenty of singers involved in domestic abuse cases too. Same could be said of any profession

Not only that, Punk has pointed out that it's more the fact that Brown has shown no remorse whatsoever and behaved like a spoilt little scumbag since it's happened that was why he said those things. Others that do that sort of **** have remorse, brown goes on twitter with a big **** you to those who dislike that he beat a defenceless woman because he won a grammy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

CM Punk on Showbiz Tonight on CNN:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

7 TIME WORLD CHAMPION?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

D.Q wrote: »
    7 TIME WORLD CHAMPION?

WWE x2, WHC x3, ECW x1, ROH x1 (? - That or they're counting World Tagteam Champion)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The shows researchers must've just Wikipedia'd him:

''In professional wrestling, Brooks is a seven time World Champion''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

VagnerLove wrote: »
    Having thought about it, I can't believe Chris Brown replied to something like that. He's very famous, has loads of fans etc, surely he gets abusive comments every day. Shouldn't have even bothered with this.

Maybe Brown knew exactly who he was, like come on, the dude is younger than me and punk came to wwe 6 years ago when he would have been 16 so like i'd say he spotted punks name and thought it be better to act like he didnt know who he was at all in a reply.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement