Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Cena Thread *Possible PPV Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

tbh, I've kind of gone off Rock a bit due to his over patriotism and a less than stellar overall gimmick since he came back into the fold, maybe due to his lack of airtime though...

watching the end of that one though, he is a lot better than a lot of the promos he cut on his comeback and a lot more grown up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm a fan of him but Jaysus he must never keep up to date with whats happening in wrestling(could you blame him,if it wasn't for Punk promos we'd have damn all to talk about). He takes a week to respond to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

This Responce is just brilliant! Rock at his funniest!

http://www.whosay.com/DwayneJohnson/videos/46340

Legend!!

I'm hoping he gets to use some of those lines on Raw in the build up to Wrestlemania. If they let him be that edgy, it will be a must see match and do mega business.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Class video.
    When i seen 11 minutes on the timeline i was thinking it was going to drag, but the rock let rip and held the attention very well.

Where is he alluding to when he says where the rock all began?
    *edit*
    "He debuted at Survivor Series in November 1996 and was the sole survivor"
    Same arena, same ppv 15 years later. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,114 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

entertaining enough vid, but his arguments are TERRIBLE.

Says Cena only does it for the paycheck cause he doesn't do it for free - did Rock do WM for free? F no.

No Rock, you don't need to be there every night. Once in a while would be fine. Hardly seen at all.

• Advertisement

Sorry to bring this up the old chestnut but come on was anyone out their naive enough to think when he said he was "Back" that he was returning full time week in week out. As if he'd give up all the money he makes doing films many which are bad (about 95% of films are so bad now some of it must be intentional). He's back in the same sense Bret & Austin are he'll appear the odd time nothing more than that.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this up the old chestnut but come on was anyone out their naive enough to think when he said he was "Back" that he was returning full time week in week out. As if he'd give up all the money he makes doing films many which are bad (about 95% of films are so bad now some of it must be intentional). He's back in the same sense Bret & Austin are he'll appear the odd time nothing more than that.

no - as i said above, and at the time - actually appearing every so often would be enough. How many shows has he been to since WM? 3 months, how many shows? He carps on twitter about how he is back and all over the WWE universe, but he isn't on RAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

Cena just responded on twitter. And guess what his response was...... Rock why arent you here. WOW, just wow, Rock cuts a great shoot promo and Cenas response is the same **** he has said over and over.

Cena is a joke, I wish it was Rock vs Punk

no - as i said above, and at the time - actually appearing every so often would be enough. How many shows has he been to since WM? 3 months, how many shows? He carps on twitter about how he is back and all over the WWE universe, but he isn't on RAW.

Do you not get it..he is saying he's back but he isn't. He'll wrestle Cena at Mania & leave again for another while cause when the likes of Bret/Austin turn up too often its doesn't feel that special.Like when Bret turned up to beat up Cole Who actually cared or Austin as Guest GM that was pure uneventful.If he turned up every week before this years Mania nobody would of paid to see him do the exact same thing at Mania. He's making films now he's a Actor & at best a part time wrestler.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CMPunk CM Punk
    @TheRock: WWE Universe/Team Bring It - John Cena runs his mouth (again). I answer. bit.ly/nItAt7” VIA SATELLITE.

• Advertisement

JamesMania wrote: »
    Cena just responded on twitter. And guess what his response was...... Rock why arent you here. WOW, just wow, Rock cuts a great shoot promo and Cenas response is the same **** he has said over and over.

Cena is a joke, I wish it was Rock vs Punk
    yeah - ignore the part where he says he is a WWE employee and proud - that Rock left for 'greener pastures' while the WWE is where Cena wants to be. Just go ahead and ignore that and lap up the Rock saying the same things he has been saying (and his own version of poopy jokes) because it is the Rock and he is slagging off Cena.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Do you not get it..he is saying he's back but he isn't. He'll wrestle Cena at Mania & leave again for another while cause when the likes of Bret/Austin turn up too often its doesn't feel that special.Like when Bret turned up to beat up Cole Who actually cared or Austin as Guest GM that was pure uneventful.If he turned up every week before this years Mania nobody would of paid to see him do the exact same thing at Mania. He's making films now he's a Actor & at best a part time wrestler.

I do get it. Dwayne seemingly doesn't.

He is basically no more part of the WWE now than he was a year ago.

He didn't need to say he was never going to leave again. He didn't need to say it but he did. It doesn't matter what he meant to imply with that - he KNEW how it would be heard. He can't be pissed that people are pissed over it or that people like Cena might call him on it. Hell, WWE has probably scripted it exactly this way and this is how we are supposed to be responding to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭JamesMania

yeah - ignore the part where he says he is a WWE employee and proud - that Rock left for 'greener pastures' while the WWE is where Cena wants to be. Just go ahead and ignore that and lap up the Rock saying the same things he has been saying (and his own version of poopy jokes) because it is the Rock and he is slagging off Cena.

Fact is it was him saying the same thing. I am here, I love you all, please turn on the rock and love me instead, im here rock isnt.

JamesMania wrote: »
    Fact is it was him saying the same thing. I am here, I love you all, please turn on the rock and love me instead, im here rock isnt.

Yes - and? What was original about what Rock said? I'm the people champ and you wish you were me? I've done it all before? Nothing the Rock said was original, nothing Cena said was original. Only differnece is you only hear Rock say it every month or so because he isn't bothered to be on RAW at all, while Cena is there every night.

it was a good promo from Rock, but it wasn't original so I don't see how you can slag off Cena as a result of it. What the Rock said was unoriginal and true. What Cena said is unoriginal and true.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CMPunk CM Punk
    @TheRock: WWE Universe/Team Bring It - John Cena runs his mouth (again). I answer. bit.ly/nItAt7” VIA SATELLITE.

See, that's what Cena should have said.

I do get it. Dwayne seemingly doesn't.

He is basically no more part of the WWE now than he was a year ago.

Im sorry, what?
    Last year the rock said he was done with wrestling and that was all in the past.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Im sorry, what?
    Last year the rock said he was done with wrestling and that was all in the past.

Rock is doing this as a favour practically he's not back full time & if Austin came back to wrestle punk nobody would say Austin is back.Anyone remember when Austin said he was as good as done with wrestling around the time he got put in the HoF that didn't last long did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

like the video what can i say bit of a rock mark

like this more http://www.wweshop.com/item/the-rock-team-bring-it-ireland-t-shirt/Men/01-14452

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

John Cena posted the following on his Twitter account in response to the video Dwayne Johnson released earlier:

"CeNation. Just saw Dwayne's statement. Via satellite of course. Sad, really. It was like an episode of mad money. I wonder if GLAAD will be offended by Dwayne's comments. Either way..looks like I have really made him mad. But, certainly not mad enough to show up and do anything. Maybe he can send a stuntman. Dwayne. I am a WWE employee, and a proud one. The difference between us is you left for 'greener pastures'. For me...this is what I love. I have never begged for anyones admiration or acceptance, u don't believe me..watch MITB. Its not about that. Its about showing up. Id rather wrestle a thousand 'punks' than one 'rock'. Because I can see his passion. Wish I could see yours...yer just never there. :) Until april 1st. Keep on bringing it my man. You're doing great. Your friend John Cena"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

LOL - That new Rock video is hilarious. He owned Cena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

jmolloy wrote: »
    like the video what can i say bit of a rock mark

like this more http://www.wweshop.com/item/the-rock-team-bring-it-ireland-t-shirt/Men/01-14452

about time they sold the Irish one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Everyone does realise this exactly what was meant to happen? Both sides are making pretty valid arguments so split the fans, get people talking and anticipating... You can be sure that neither are actually annoyed with each other, they're just promoting WM 28.

Anyway I thought it was a great video, back on form after what was a shambles of a run up to Wrestlemania by everyone. It is a pity it wasn't done in front of a live crowd but as a teaser I think it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

CMpunked wrote: »
    Class video.
    When i seen 11 minutes on the timeline i was thinking it was going to drag, but the rock let rip and held the attention very well.

Where is he alluding to when he says where the rock all began?
    *edit*
    "He debuted at Survivor Series in November 1996 and was the sole survivor"
    Same arena, same ppv 15 years later. Makes sense.
    I guess that means Cena won't be fired Sunday night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,017 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

John Cena posted the following on his Twitter account in response to the video Dwayne Johnson released earlier:

"CeNation. Just saw Dwayne's statement. Via satellite of course. Sad, really. It was like an episode of mad money. I wonder if GLAAD will be offended by Dwayne's comments. Either way..looks like I have really made him mad. But, certainly not mad enough to show up and do anything. Maybe he can send a stuntman. Dwayne. I am a WWE employee, and a proud one. The difference between us is you left for 'greener pastures'. For me...this is what I love. I have never begged for anyones admiration or acceptance, u don't believe me..watch MITB. Its not about that. Its about showing up. Id rather wrestle a thousand 'punks' than one 'rock'. Because I can see his passion. Wish I could see yours...yer just never there. :) Until april 1st. Keep on bringing it my man. You're doing great. Your friend John Cena"

I am normally one of Cena's biggest supporters here, but ****ing hell that must be the most boring tweet I ever had the misfortune to read.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Still cant see you Dwayne. CeNation 4 life.

Team bring it, hah? The gas thing is he couldnt bring nothin without his twitter these days. Waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Still cant see you Dwayne. CeNation 4 life.

Team bring it, hah? The gas thing is he couldnt bring nothin without his twitter these days. Waste of time.

What age are you? 12? ...Fruity pebbles!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

where have i heard most of that rock promo before.....oh i remember now

boring feud is boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Split from the old Rock thread.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    where have i heard most of that rock promo before.....oh i remember now

boring feud is boring

That's more than 3 months ago.. Doesn't count. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock says that "he's going to get to Cena before Wrestlemania" could we see him at MITB perhaps

Advertisement