Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 20th February *Spoilers and a hairless deadman expected*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

ok enough raw. WWE dropped the ball not making Trip/Taker a hair match.
    :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Looks like we might get a proper tag-team titles match at Mania, which is really good news. I wonder who will be R-Truth/Kingston's opponents.

Looks like we might get a proper tag-team titles match at Mania, which is really good news. I wonder who will be R-Truth/Kingston's opponents.

How about the people who came up with them as a tag team on the basis of them both being black with dreads. I'd rather Kofi get a much needed singles push thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

GTR63 wrote: »
    How about the people who came up with them as a tag team on the basis of them both being black with dreads. I'd rather Kofi get a much needed singles push thank you very much

Yeah but there isn't much room for him or R-Truth at Mania at the moment. And I'd like to see at least one big tag team match there. King suggested at the end of the match that they will probably go for the tag titles next.

so this is takers look for HIAC @ Mania

• Advertisement

update on Barrett
    ZIGGLER AND BARRETT INJURY
    UPDATES By Mike Johnson on 2012-02-21 00:15:01
    According to WWE sources, Dolph
    Ziggler is actually OK. He took a hard
    bump but was OK after being checked
    out backstage. Unfortunately, Wade Barrett did not
    fare as well. After being checked out
    by medical staff, it's been confirmed he
    suffered a dislocated elbow from the
    fall with Ziggler in the Raw main event
    Battle Royal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How will they do the cell in the stadium for Mania? Have only seen the last Mania after my wrestling hiatus for a few years, has it been done in a stadium before?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just watching bits of raw on youtube now, seemed like a good raw! Its looking like a super WM card also.

That opening promo was very un PG and this taker with the metallica theme is pretty interesting. Im guessing HBK will be the ref for that?

I just hope we dont have a repeat of WM 18 where as the HIAC (which i assume will be the penultimate match) will be so good that the rock/cena match wont be able to live up to it and the crowd will be slightly dead, but I doubt that will happen!

Is taker bald now btw?

Also forever alone zack ryder u6bJkm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,077 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

while HIAC should be the show-stealer...remember, there's a possibility there'll be no blood, which for a HIAC match, really takes away from the drama a bit.

we'll see.

Cena's promo was the best he's done in months. he looked like he cared.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So glad I wasn't the only person who spotted the "Forever Alone" sign. Brilliant.

Ok Raw. Nice to see the last two months with Kane has changed Cena in absolutly no way whatsoever, and the Eve bit at the begining was a blatent write off so they can move on. I imagine she'll be joining JL's entourage soon enough though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

spiralism wrote: »
    This would have been a lot easier if Jericho had won the Rumble match like he should have been booked to do if the WWE had any sense. Sheamus could easily have gone this route as the younger superstar and there would have been no talk of Jericho's return being wasted

Just because your talking about it doesn't make it true.....

(For the purposes of this post year is since last mania to now)

In my opinion -

Sheamus busts his ass all year, has a breakthrough year as a face, a position WWE badly needed someone to step up and take, appears on Raw and Smackdown almost every week since the Super Show idea came along. Well deserving of the Royal Rumble win.

Jericho, did nothing for WWE all year, has achieved everything he could achieve in wrestling and has all the credibility that comes with it. No need for a rumble win. No need at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Phenomenal Undertaker/HHH promo.

Phenomenal Undertaker/HHH promo.

Yeah it was great I always get a kick out of HHH doing the whole Bruce Wayne/Batman thing with his voice when he gets intense. The one criticism FFS Taker pull off the hood we know your bald now the bad wig gave it away weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Just because your talking about it doesn't make it true.....

(For the purposes of this post year is since last mania to now)

In my opinion -

Sheamus busts his ass all year, has a breakthrough year as a face, a position WWE badly needed someone to step up and take, appears on Raw and Smackdown almost every week since the Super Show idea came along. Well deserving of the Royal Rumble win.

Jericho, did nothing for WWE all year, has achieved everything he could achieve in wrestling and has all the credibility that comes with it. No need for a rumble win. No need at all.

Only thing Jericho hasn't acheived is a rumble win. He's never jumped ship since joining WWE and has been a major star through all his time there, would have been a decent reward for loyalty and his legacy. Though you do have a very valid point with Sheamus and Vince is turning towards younger lads winning the rumble as opposed to the certified main eventers like the years when taker and cena won it. Problem is, since winning the rumble, Sheamus did nothing until sunday night, it's like they didnt know what to do next and wasted momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wonder what will happen with hhh/taker, I doubt hhh will end the streak so it'll prob be that taker batters him so badly he cant run the company anymore or he has to take leave or something. Is this takers last mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Going by RoadDogg's twitter, Wade's injury is bad.

Bad point: It will mean Wade wont be involved at mania. :(

Good point: It means we dont have to hear his entrance music for a few months. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

spiralism wrote: »

Only thing Jericho hasn't acheived is a rumble win. He's never jumped ship since joining WWE and has been a major star through all his time there, would have been a decent reward for loyalty and his legacy. Though you do have a very valid point with Sheamus and Vince is turning towards younger lads winning the rumble as opposed to the certified main eventers like the years when taker and cena won it. Problem is, since winning the rumble, Sheamus did nothing until sunday night, it's like they didnt know what to do next and wasted momentum

Again imo

I think walking back into WWE and getting a WWE title match at mania is enough reward for Jericho's legacy, he didn't need the rumble win to go with it.

The WHC match gets a major boost as does the title by the rumble winner going for that title. With all the respect I have for Bryan and Sheamus I think their match needs that boost.

re Sheamus not doing much since winning the rumble. Is that not pretty much the same thing that happens every year? He was involved at the PPV and on tv on the weekly shows since winning the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If WM has MITB and HIAC matches, does this mean those ppvs are cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Probably the MITB PPV, though I wouldn't be surprised if HIAC still happened. HIAC PPV is just using the Cell as a gimmick. Wrestlemania is using the Cell as it should be intended, the only way left to settle a massive feud

I've got to admit, for the first time in a many years, I'm genuinely excited for Hell in a Cell. This is the perfect feud with the perfect build for the match, and although I'll always defend a match not needing blood, I think this is the one where you bring it back to sell the story. I have gone from "meh" to "Mark out" with that announcement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Pretty good Raw. Great promo from Cena and HHH/Taker. Building very nicely for WM now! So its gonna be Rock/Cena - HHH/Taker - Punk/Jericho - Bryan/Shambo -Johnny/Teddy match - tag match - show/shaq business and maybe a MITB??

That will be some card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Santino vs Rhodes too right?

Im hoping thats the opener with santino winning the IC title. It should get a great reacting and great to hype the crowd up.

Personally id love if we got a triple threat WWE Title match between Y2J/Punk/Ziggler. Would be a super match.

Is orton going to be in the MITB or is he going to miss mania?

Its weird; I got the feeling based on Raw we'll be seeing Show vs Rhodes. The way Cole made a point of saying Rhodes has cost Show twice in two nights sounded like they were going down that route. But then there's the Shaq stuff.

Also, presumably it won't be Teddy vs JL as much as it will be Otunga (w/JL) vs ???? (w/Teddy). But who, from Smackdown, does Teddy get? Edge for a quick match? (Pure speculation with no basis in reality though :P).

Orton no?

Ah yeah. Maybe.

I guess my gaurnetee that we'd see Barret vs Orton is gone out the window now :P I still think Orton will be in MITB though, since he's not really doing anything else, and I'd be amazed if they just stuck him into a match with Otunga...

Has it been confirmed that MITB is back?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I love the MITB ppv but the HIAC one can die a swift death as far as i'm concerned. I'm looking forward to the HIAC more than anything on the card due to the superb build up so far, take note Punk & Jericho. I'd like if they could set up Taker's next Mania opponent by having Lesnar destroy him after the match. I'm thinking he'll take on him eventually at Mania so having it in 2013 isn't out of the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

decent raw last night i feel, really looking forward to Taker HHH now, should be a classic.

I see a few positive posts about cena's promo, i have to be honest, i'm losing interest in this match, but that promo didnt really make me want to anticipate the build up to this match cos apart from presenting it in a different tone and saying ''the kid is back'' and ''im back'' into the camera, has he not been saying the same old ''he promised he was never leaving but then left'' ''movie star'' ''sell out'' stuff for months now.

Ah yeah. Maybe.

I guess my gaurnetee that we'd see Barret vs Orton is gone out the window now :P I still think Orton will be in MITB though, since he's not really doing anything else, and I'd be amazed if they just stuck him into a match with Otunga...

I hope that Orton doesn't get shoehorned into the World Title match between Sheamus and DQ.Bryan. Since Bryan's belt shot is being credited with the conncusion I wouldn't put it past them, it'd make Sheamus' rumble win pointless too.

• Advertisement

decent raw last night i feel, really looking forward to Taker HHH now, should be a classic.

I see a few positive posts about cena's promo, i have to be honest, i'm losing interest in this match, but that promo didnt really make me want to anticipate the build up to this match cos apart from presenting it in a different tone and saying ''the kid is back'' and ''im back'' into the camera, has he not been saying the same old ''he promised he was never leaving but then left'' ''movie star'' ''sell out'' stuff for months now.

Yeah i'm much the same its Mangina, Sellout, Fruity Pebbles, Hollywood Diva, yada,yada,yada grow up the pair of yee its like they're fighting over Vince's affection. Didn't get him saying Rock needed wwe to flog fast 5 didn't that gross a Bomb, surely wwe aren't patting themselves on the back for that. Nobody expected Rock to stay even though he shouldn't of said i'm never leaving that was a bigger slip of the tongue than Kenny saying Suarez should never of been gone.

Advertisement