Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Is it too early for a glass of vino?

*eyes watch and hmmmms*
    well okay just this once, i'll let you. off you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Bear had his first escape today.. complete freak out from me but he was too busy chasing the others around the house to go very far.

It snowed here earlier and is looking like it might snow again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I actually think it's nothing but attention seeking when people do that. All they have to do is just stop posting.

I think this thread is fine the way it is, wouldn't be a fan if it was just emotions.

Got a voucher to get my nails and hair done off himself. :D He's obviously sick of hearing me winge about both !

Couldn't agree more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

let's all have a group hug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

On another site I used to frequent it was minus a million points (their equivalent of thanks) if you did a dramatic "I'm leaving!" post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think some people just want to explain why they are leaving, give their feedback you know? I think talking bad about their posts isn't going to do anything to get them to want to come back.

omg new fringe :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

My boyfriend woke me up this morning with coffee and toast followed by a huuuuge bouquet of flowers!! :) feeling so loved today :)

My dad feels the need to do a constant running commentary on ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ON THE TV ALL THE TIME.

Arrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I want to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Bluewolf do you have pics of your fringe?

• Advertisement

i meant the show :o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

right im trying to finish chapter 1 of this thesis for monday.....might not happen :(

i also have a 21st tonight i kinda dont want to go but its my best friends one and i wont know anyone at all...not one person fúck!

might stay for a few hours but she did text me saying its ok if i dont go coz she knows how awkward i am around people hahaha

but i cant do that ya know?!

i just want mah bed back home!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    i meant the show :o:o:o

Lined up for after his bedtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I actually think it's nothing but attention seeking when people do that. All they have to do is just stop posting.

A lot of people have friends here though and an unexplained absence may lead them to worry.

I'd rather know that someone was pissed off but ok rather than wondering if something had happened to make them incapable of accessing their account (e.g. death, serious injury, suddenly moved to an artificial island in the middle of the atlantic just to see what it was like but unfortunately will have no internet access).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Ah, the beautiful moment when all the pieces come together and it looks like everything will be okay :D I was very worried about the event I'm organising but it seems everything is going to work out, hurrah! :D

I've also set up a blog, it'll mostly be about Paris when I go and my preparations beforehand but I hope to post about other things too. Can't wait to get writing again :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    omg new fringe :D:D:D:D

Hahahahaha *facepalm*:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

A lot of people have friends here though and an unexplained absence may lead them to worry.

I'd rather know that someone was pissed off but ok rather than wondering if something had happened to make them incapable of accessing their account (e.g. death, serious injury, suddenly moved to an artificial island in the middle of the atlantic just to see what it was like but unfortunately will have no internet access).

You could always PM them if you were concerned. Check their profile for last visit etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Hahahahaha *facepalm*:D:D

Ha ha I was getting ready to view the know your loungers thread :D

You could always PM them if you were concerned.

That'd be potentially a lot of people PM'ing the same account. Would probably get annoying for the recipient.

And wouldn't work for anyone who formally closed their account.

But all you'd have to do is see if they're posting elsewhere on boards, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Is it too early for a glass of vino?

Well I'm drinking a beer while painting the utility room so no! Definitely not too early :p I deserve this beer, I had a stressful
    cake related incident but people are sick of hearing about cake
    afternoon at work so I earned it so I did. And I did lots of painting, very productive day, we're getting new carpet, tiles and vinyl flooring on Monday, yay!! And I'm getting a massage on Monday in a nearby Spa, and getting my haircut on Tuesday....is this what amounts to birthday treats when you're a grown up?

But all you'd have to do is see if they're posting elsewhere on boards, no?

Only if they stop posting here in this thread.

I'd be nice to know if they intended to close their account that they were ok.

I won't name names; but in feedback a while ago, there was someone who suddenly closed his account, raising the concern as to whether he was ok or not.

He did later come back to express that he was just fine but had other things in his life and didn't have time for boards anymore.

I think that a brief explanation (or even just 'bye') isn't actually bad. And is (on balance) something that I support.

Acoshla wrote: »
    is this what amounts to birthday treats when you're a grown up?

Pretty much. You left out when you're renting the bouncy castle though....

(It's not a real birthday without a bouncy castle)

:eek: I think I've just discovered the cure to aging!

well i'm dressing up in my new dress and practising my bronzer again this evening so maybe i will have a kyl pic :)

Noooooooooooooo, please don't start censoring or putting in spoiler tags in part of your post because you think people aren't interested. Its a rocky road* doing that...

*Heehee accidental pun, considering the topic at hand.

I don't get goodbye threads either - though I did post a thread when I was taking time off boards a while ago, but that's just because I was a mod then and they would have had to find someone to replace me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have.

Boards isn't real life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK folks can we refrain from focusing on those that left please. It was their personal decision and they're not around to defend it. Plus it tends to go around in circles. Plus it's hardly on topic. Thanks all

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Ah, the beautiful moment when all the pieces come together and it looks like everything will be okay :D I was very worried about the event I'm organising but it seems everything is going to work out, hurrah! :D

I've also set up a blog, it'll mostly be about Paris when I go and my preparations beforehand but I hope to post about other things too. Can't wait to get writing again :D

blog linky? :D i love following blogs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I eated alllllll the peanut butter. All of it.

:D:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I just got a bit paranoid about the "this thread has changed" posts, since I've only been around since the start of V3 and felt left out/confused/somehow to blame for people not liking the thread anymore. :(

I'm not sure what a just emotions thread means.. people just posting things like "I'm quite pensive today" or "Feeling angry earlier. Now less angry." :confused:
    I'll have to dig through the old threads and see what the thread was like in the old days. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement