Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

o1s1n wrote: »
    15 years? I must be thinking of a different place with Quasar so! (Stillorgan maybe?)

As far as I know, and that's not very, Stillorgan Leisureplex is still going moderately strong. I think the one is Coolock is also hanging in there, by virtue of their pool tables. It's been donkey yonks since I've been within sniffing distance of either, mind. I believe there's also one in Blanch, anyone correct me on that? I'd be curious to see what condition their cabs'd be in at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Stillorgan and Blanch ones still knocking around for sure, no idea about their cabs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

It's strange the Coolock one and I'm guessing the Stillorgan one too have these BYOB nights.

Where you can just bring as much booze as you want and sit there bowling.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Bray Bowl has that too. Chucking heavy bowling balls while drinking cans is as dangerous as it sounds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Terrible picture?
    Yes.
    Quality Game?
    Yes.
    Therefore it's worth putting up :P
    Just got myself a Asteroids cart for the Atari
    IMG_5847.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Nice but I'm still waiting for you to post your X68000 and FM Towns II. :D

Could be waiting a while :pac:
    I think something along this order is applicable:
    Compaq Portable II
    Compaq Portable
    Commodore PET
    A 486DX2 PC (With Windows 95)
    Commodore VIC-20
    Amiga 1000
    IBM 5100
    Apple II
    Apple IIe
    IBM PCjr
    Apple Lisa (or Apple III)
    MITS Altair (any of them will do)
    <insane Japanese computers>
    A few bits from an IBM System/360

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Eventually got my Dreamcast power supply of the guy that sold me the console on ebay.
    Thought it would be an actual power supply brick job...Its just a lead!!!..I forgot.(he shipped an extra controller and vmu for the hassle..good lad)
    I've been waiting for it for over a week so I could play and could have just used the multitude I have already. . :pac:

What a console,first time i've played it since I bought the original release
    I am in heaven..The games catalogue is unbelievable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got this today.. insert da-da-daa-da! noise here...

IMG_0153.jpg

Master of the Universe

Holy ****! Aren't they a gazlillion star points?

I thought they were one of the things that were so many points it was practically impossible to get?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Holy ****! Aren't they a gazlillion star points?

I thought they were one of the things that were so many points it was practically impossible to get?!

15,000 points, I only signed up to club nintendo at xmas haha.. I had two wiis, two dsis, two 3dss and a load of games here and family members and friends all contrinbuted too once i started hounding them ala Andy Dufrain and his letters from shawshank redemption. its a pain to get 15k though because of the rule only allowing you to add two of each console and one of each game. Ive another account setup with near 6000 points on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I was doing a bit of a clean up and re-organise of the man cave(to make room for more 3DO stuff) and had this out so decided to post some pics.
    Not new or even new to me but I don't think I've posted any proper detailed pics of this bad boy.

Click for bigger pics:

DSC_0793b.jpg

DSC_0794b.jpg

DSC_0795b.jpg

DSC_0797b.jpg

But my favourite bit is the fact it was made in Ireland. I don't have a lot of retro stuff that was actually made here(or even assembled,as the case may be).

DSC_0795ireb.jpg

Quick bash of Star Wars(flickering is only visible on camera of course):

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got something new yesterday evening!
    Think its a ruptured disc in my back...
    Arse!
    This turning 40 lark is a bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I remember the Mac Classic! We used to use them in school. Primary school we had the rubber key spectrum and the BBC and Acorn systems. I think a lad in my class had a Dragon 32 as well, but he was in to reading Dragon magazine and spent his weekends in Games Workshop buying Warhammer and Space Marine figurines and painting them.

Noone went round his gaf.

I think the school we had the Mac Classics at we also had the Archimedes yoke, the one with the amazing Photoshop/Deluxe Paint package. Everyone thought that system was amazing. Very arty farty.

Ahh school days... :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    I was doing a bit of a clean up and re-organise of the man cave(to make room for more 3DO stuff) and had this out so decided to post some pics.
    Not new or even new to me but I don't think I've posted any proper detailed pics of this bad boy.
    Some quality computing there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

keithgeo wrote: »
    Got this today.. insert da-da-daa-da! noise here...

IMG_0153.jpg

I'd say some Club Nintendo employees had a "Stampy The Elephant" moment, "no one was supposed to be able to accumulate that much points!"

Picked up Child of Eden in Gamestop Bray for 1.99 an hour ago.
    Cant complain about that really. Everything was in good condition as well :)

I think you mean €11.99? €2 is far too good to be true... or is it?

I think you mean €11.99? €2 is far too good to be true... or is it?

No, 1.99 second hand.
    There was no price on it and i asked. Go figure :rolleyes:

They have a sale on as well but i don't thing that was really meant to be 1.99 sale price, it is a bit low all right.

No, 1.99 second hand.
    There was no price on it and i asked. Go figure :rolleyes:

They have a sale on as well but i don't thing that was really meant to be 1.99 sale price, it is a bit low all right.

Wow that's a great find so, nice work.

• Advertisement

Wow that's a great find so, nice work.

I don't normally even go into gamestop to hunt for bargains but i was at the bank and said feck it, its only across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

But my favourite bit is the fact it was made in Ireland. I don't have a lot of retro stuff that was actually made here(or even assembled,as the case may be).

DSC_0795ireb.jpg

What the hell are you doing putting a red line on a classic computer like that :mad::mad:

Its only worth a fiver now:eek:

Master of the Universe

Back when I was in college, there was a Classic Mac like that sitting on a scrap heap to be thrown out. I brought it home, powered it on and the thing still worked.

Put it up in the attic and totally forgot about it. Only came across the thing recently. Hope it still works.

I think it had a monochrome screen though?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Did you see any more??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

After reading a dev interview in Edge I need to pick up Arkedo's two DS titles, Big Bang Mini and Nervous Brickdown, both very very nice little titles.
    Arkedo are making a few games for XBLA but, unfortunately for us, they are not available to Irish subscribers as well as the rest of the Indie catalogue, feck!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Did you see any more??

No, just the one child of eden.
    They have a sale on but I wouldn't get to excited about it really.

Master of the Universe

I saw Child of Eden today in Gamestop Stephens Green for €11.99. You definitely got a typo/misprint price!

I saw Child of Eden today in Gamestop Stephens Green for €11.99. You definitely got a typo/misprint price!

No price on this one, I had to bring it to the counter and the guy checked it.
    But yeah, it was too cheap to be the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Got these today myself, last purchase I'll make for a little while I'd say

DSCN2458.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    After reading a dev interview in Edge I need to pick up Arkedo's two DS titles, Big Bang Mini and Nervous Brickdown, both very very nice little titles.
    Arkedo are making a few games for XBLA but, unfortunately for us, they are not available to Irish subscribers as well as the rest of the Indie catalogue, feck!
    Nervous Brickdown is a great little title; I bought it on a Eurogamer recommendation on release.

I dunno what happened to mine though; must've lent it to someone years ago & forgotten.

Purchased Rayman Origins for €25 in GAME in Dundrum today.
    Also Resi 4 Wii for €13 used -- but I didn't realise it had no manual :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement