Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Braces on, shopping done, massive pot of soup bubbling away, now to sit back and wait for the pain :/

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

This post is coming at you live from my brand spanking new Kindle Fire! It was a Valentines gift, all the more surprising because I'm single!! Chuffed to bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

There is a special place in hell left for writers who don't use indexes, or bibliographies, and who write about stupid things for pages upon pages. My love for this FYP is seriously running thin..... and I'm not even sure if this folklorist guy is reputable or not, he sounds like a nutjob to me, but a nutjob whose idea I can use to justify one of my own statements.... :/

Didn't get a callback for the college musical, probably for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

So I have a lime cake mixture made and then realised - I've no grease proof paper, only parchment paper.

If I greased the cake tin with stork or utterly butterly, will the cake stick to the tin?

I could use parchment paper, but I tried that before and the cake stuck to it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So I have a lime cake mixture made and then realised - I've no grease proof paper, only parchment paper.

If I greased the cake tin with stork or utterly butterly, will the cake stick to the tin?

I could use parchment paper, but I tried that before and the cake stuck to it :(

Bit late to answer now as I assume it's in the oven by now either way, but you can butter and flour a tin to stop things sticking, I find it a bit hit and miss though. Whatever you use if you let the cake cool completely before taking the paper off it should be pretty much okay then.

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    Bit late to answer now as I assume it's in the oven by now either way, but you can butter and flour a tin to stop things sticking, I find it a bit hit and miss though. Whatever you use if you let the cake cool completely before taking the paper off it should be pretty much okay then.
    Nope tis not in the oven, it's going in soon though :)

Thanks a million for your reply.

Will let you know how I get on :)

Nope tis not in the oven, it's going in soon though :)

Thanks a million for your reply.

Will let you know how I get on :)

Was it fully made when you posted first, is there a raising agent in it?

Was it fully made when you posted first, is there a raising agent in it?
    Yeah the mixture was fully made and there is raising agent in it.

I used 1/2 tbsp of raising agent along with self raising flour.

Also, does anyone know, are pork chops OK to put into a bowl of cold water to help them defrost quicker?

I know I've put steak/chicken fillets/rashers/sausages etc into cold water before to help them defrost quicker, just wondering if it'd be OK for pork too.

Did the recipe say to let it sit for a while after it was all mixed? Otherwise it won't rise properly if it was just let sit with the raising agent in, it'll have risen a bit then and won't do it as much as it should in the oven.

Did the recipe say to let it sit for a while after it was all mixed? Otherwise it won't rise properly if it was just let sit with the raising agent in, it'll have risen a bit then and won't do it as much as it should in the oven.
    Nope it didn't, I'm not worried tbh, as it'll be eaten anyway lol.

I could just use the mixture to make buns though as I didn't put it in yet either.

• Advertisement

Nope it didn't, I'm not worried tbh, as it'll be eaten anyway lol.

I could just use the mixture to make buns though as I didn't put it in yet either.

That's a very long time to leave a ready cake mix out of the oven...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Just got a phonecall from my boyfriend's niece, (she is 6) and she was telling me that she doesn't watch cartoons anymore, she watches documentaries cos they are better, and then went on to tell me all about the ones she watched. Cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The video CV talk made me think of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i dont remember the last time i had takeaway but i wouldnt mind some now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Does anyone have any reccomendations on a Hotel in Belfast? Going to an event in the Odyssey if that helps.

there's a jury's hotel that's v central, walking distance to nightlife, restaurants and shops. also the sightseeing bus tours leave from outside it, if you have time to spare.

not sure where it is in terms of odyssey but I was in odyssey last yr at a concert and afterwards there were looooooooads of taxis outside, absolutely no shortage so if hotel wasn't within walking distance you'd have no problem getting there and back.

the ramada hotel is nice but is outside the city so you'd need to be driving really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OkayWhatever - Jeepers that's a really awkward situation with your bf's mum.. Have you or him heard anything from her since? I would agree with whoever said about her being menopausal. I still think that my mum is the same although she has been a little bit calmer lately.

Watching the United game now. I'll be honest, it is a bit weird watching on a Thursday night. My brother did a bet and he'll win over €200 if United win.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm getting really, really excited about London now :)

Partly because I plan to buy a lot of new clothes and that I'll be presenting a whole new me come summer time. that alone is really, really exciting. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

So they have chuggers IN tesco accosting you on the way out.

Finally got my pineapple. Hopefully settle my tummy.

I love the rizzle kicks (momma do the hump).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm a little bit disturbed at some of the stuff girls tweeted about Chris Brown the other night, I just read some on a blog and I'm actually stunned. One of them said: "I don't know why Rihanna complained, I'd let him beat me up any day." :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

:eek: that's shocking Jane!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Hmmm might bake something! What's easy? :p

Kinda bored, would be fun to cheer the OH up! :)

Just had lovely dinner, the most amazing quality chicken, squeaky green beans and gravy, YUM. I cooked the chicken yesterday, it's a monster, boyfriend gets them from this guy who rears them and really looks after them, it took 3 hours to cook! It's so big that one breast of it fed both of us for dinner last night and the other one fed us both tonight, God I love chicken!

Got more work done (go me), have a load of candles lighting in the sitting room now and gonna chill with the kitten for the evening. Would sell my soul for chocolate, cake, biscuits, etc but trying to eat some bit well....hate it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm a little bit disturbed at some of the stuff girls tweeted about Chris Brown the other night, I just read some on a blog and I'm actually stunned. One of them said: "I don't know why Rihanna complained, I'd let him beat me up any day." :eek:
    I sincerely hope all these girls are talking crap and realistically would NOT put up with domestic violence. Either way, what a load of bulls**t to be posting on twitter. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is an actuary some branch of accounting or am I thinking of something else?
    Maybe I'm thinking of auditing.. :o

405802_10150672066625330_183660505329_11763415_1863389986_n.jpg

Posy wrote: »
    Is an actuary some branch of accounting or am I thinking of something else?
    Maybe I'm thinking of auditing.. :o

nope not accounting

Just so ye know my kitten is practically sitting on the keyboard of the laptop trying to catch everything that moves on the screen, arrow, letters, flashing ads...annoying, but so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

bluewolf wrote: »
    i dont remember the last time i had takeaway but i wouldnt mind some now

Takeaway is a bit like - you look forward to it, you scoff it and love it while you're eating it, then as you get fuller the guilt starts and by the time you are finished the guilt has grown legs and turned into Gillian McKeith! Is is worth it? Definitely yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Just so ye know my kitten is practically sitting on the keyboard of the laptop trying to catch everything that moves on the screen, arrow, letters, flashing ads...annoying, but so cute!

I sometimes put on the YouTubes of cute cats and my moggie sits on my lap watching them. Especially loves the famous one of the two cats on a bed talking. Gorgeous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement