Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC) - €33 on Steam. [Link]

That's the, limited-time, sale price for the download version. PC version is also available, at any time, for €32 (delivered) on Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Get 2 free steam games if you sign up to IGN prime, they currently have a 7 day free trial so the games are completly free and you also get some other goodies like access to the tera beta and some bloodline champions loot.

The two free games are Rochard and King Arthur, worth about 25 euro altogether. you also get a code for 15% off for life on any purchase at gamersgate when you join prime, the discount will work even if you dont continue after trial.

http://my.ign.com/prime/hub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Limericks wrote: »
    Get 2 free steam games if you sign up to IGN prime, they currently have a 7 day free trial so the games are completly free and you also get some other goodies like access to the tera beta and some bloodline champions loot.

The two free games are Rochard and King Arthur, worth about 25 euro altogether. you also get a code for 15% off for life on any purchase at gamersgate when you join prime, the discount will work even if you dont continue after trial.

Had an old IGN/direct2drive account and signed up with that. Got my free games after using paypal to sign up (just a pre-authorisation). Added the games to my Steam account and I'm gonna cancel my account in a minute. Now, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: just cancelled the auto renewal there. Sweet. Also linked my IGN account with my Gamersgate account and now I get 15% off ALL purchases with them. Even better. All for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70000
    Dino D-Day is a p. nice shooter.

Is source too, not bad for 3.39.
    I myself got it in an indie royale bundle last year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Limericks wrote: »

Everytime I try to sign in it says my username or password are invalid despite me using the same details to sign into IGN itself minutes beforehand. Any one else having this problem?

• Advertisement

Everytime I try to sign in it says my username or password are invalid despite me using the same details to sign into IGN itself minutes beforehand. Any one else having this problem?
    I had this problem. It wouldn't let me sign in to get the King Arthur cd-key with the IGN deets. I used my (separate) direct2drive log in details to get in there. Seems very odd that something like that would happen but it happened to me too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Already have Rochard, here's my key for it:
    MHE6N-F5E4L-ZZQNK

for anyone not arsed to signing up for it and wants that game in particular. Anyone who signed up on Paypal remember to remove pre-approved payments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Already have Rochard, here's my key for it:
    MHE6N-F5E4L-ZZQNK

for anyone not arsed to signing up for it and wants that game in particular. Anyone who signed up on Paypal remember to remove pre-approved payments

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Signed up got the 2 games & 15% off games on GG, tirned off auto renewal, there has to be a catch though lads

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Signed up got the 2 games & 15% off games on GG, tirned off auto renewal, there has to be a catch though lads

If you regged on Paypal and you turn off autorenew in your IGN account, you'll still be charged on paypal. I made that fatal error twice before.

Other than that, no catch. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

The catch is they are hoping you will stay with them, which is fair enough if they have good content every month, it's only 50 dollars for 12 months and if you get allot of content every month like this month it's worth it. I have been a prime member on and off for years and always love it because of the beta's and free content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Anyone who signed up on Paypal remember to remove pre-approved payments
    I second that, IGN sign themselves up on your paypal account so that they can just do an auto-renewal when they like(clever ......)

For those that are not too familiar with the paypal site, to find the pre-approved payments screen, login to paypal
    Click "Profile" at the top
    Select "My Money" on the left
    On the right side of the "My preapproved payments" row click "Update"
    Click "IGN Entertainment" then click the Cancel button and no more catch :)

Thanks very much Cherry for the info, could have been a right stinger.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I second that, IGN sign themselves up on your paypal account so that they can just do an auto-renewal when they like(clever ......)

For those that are not too familiar with the paypal site, to find the pre-approved payments screen, login to paypal
    Click "Profile" at the top
    Select "My Money" on the left
    On the right side of the "My preapproved payments" row click "Update"
    Click "IGN Entertainment" then click the Cancel button and no more catch :)

Thanks very much Cherry for the info, could have been a right stinger.

I was looking for a way to do that, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Get Back to Karkand code for free!

Just register your sapphire product on their sapphire select club here.

Even though it says it requires a purchase of BF3 along with karkand for the code to work you can get around this. I used my browser, logged into the origin website and added karkand to my basket and entered the code. Didn't work for me using the client, Or using the website without being logged in.

World of Goo Steam Key for whoever wants it

0F7CN-5PIAH-0QFXG

also Humble Indie Bundle 3

8FJMZ-8LNGV-H90Z3

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, anyone knows if you buy Xbox live subscriptions in gamesnash.ie, will I get code emailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Guys, anyone knows if you buy Xbox live subscriptions in gamesnash.ie, will I get code emailed?

Yupp, you can choose email or postal delivery (email is cheaper)

http://gamesnash.ie/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=60_70

You can check with the rep Pat here as well for more info:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1222

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Apparently it's an option. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74878633

Edit: as sheehy said

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

World of Goo Steam Key for whoever wants it

0F7CN-5PIAH-0QFXG

also Humble Indie Bundle 3

8FJMZ-8LNGV-H90Z3

Used the Humble Indie Bundle code, thanks a million for that, really appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Get Back to Karkand code for free!

Just register your sapphire product on their sapphire select club here.

Even though it says it requires a purchase of BF3 along with karkand for the code to work you can get around this. I used my browser, logged into the origin website and added karkand to my basket and entered the code. Didn't work for me using the client, Or using the website without being logged in.

Says it's finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Says it's finished now.

Sadface:(

Must of just expired

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

King of Fighters XIII only 24.99 in GAME.

Considering it's the same (but in Sterling) on Amazon, it's a pretty good price!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/ 25 Euro Rage

Side note:
    My coupon works, is 16.74 for rage a good deal?

Side note:
    I got it for €12 the other day from Zavvi. It's now up to €15.50 So I suppose €16 isn't that bad at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Just a warning/opinion:

I paid around 17 for rage, and to be honest it was 16 euro too much...maybe even 16.50 too much...:rolleyes:

A terrible game. I hate it. Others might like it though, but I struggled to enjoy 95% of it.

I only say this as I wish someone would have said it to me before I went out and bought it.

Well if someone does want to get it on steam today, IM me on steam (Nollog there too) and I'll trade them my 33% off coupon to use.
    Goned.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590
    Plants v. zombies is 2 euro for the weekend.
    I hear it's good.

Side note:
    I just saw that it was on special in the US there....for $15. Out of principle, I wouldn't buy it at that price when the price for the EU is €25.

192208.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

For anyone interested(parroting what someone else said) rayman origins is 24.49 in argos right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I just saw that it was on special in the US there....for $15. Out of principle, I wouldn't buy it at that price when the price for the EU is €25.

192208.jpg
    Absolutely. I love Steam, and couldn't do without it now. But their shafting of EU customers due to a lazy pricing mechanism grates a lot. I used to pay former clan members UK or US prices, and they'd gift me the games, but obviously this option isn't open to all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement