Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Once you get a car you'll never want to take a bus again. The lack of junkies and youths smoking 'adult cigarettes' at the back while playing **** RnB or 'dance' music on their phones is bliss.

Everytime I say "I'm glad I don't have to take the bus ever again" within 48hrs I wind up on a bus to somewhere...
    It's like the Ring except the Ring featured a place that was dank, damp, smelly and dangerous...
    Actually, it's just like the Ring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Not gaming related, but I did just order about 16,000 of these cheeky scamps for my Krups! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Not gaming related, but I did just order about 16,000 of these cheeky scamps for my Krups! :)

GRRRRR!

Out of this thread Brit!

eFhqd.png

With all yer fancy coffee and tea and ****e from across the shore! :P

Or I'll be forced to throw me spuds and cabbages at ya!

Now be off with ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Tea, earl grey. Hot.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Tea, earl grey. Hot.

AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Here's the Bull McCabe after finding packets of Earl Grey washed up ashore,
    when an English cargo ship crashed off our waters....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfqsAxZafKc#t=3m34s

GO BACK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A bought a Philips Senseo coffee maker for the better half a year or so ago.
    Pretty cool, takes pods and you also fill a milk tank, makes perfect Latte, Espresso, Cappuccino and Macchiato.
    sidebar.jpg
    What can I say, I'm a great hubby!

I hate coffee though!

hipster2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I bought a cheeky Wispa Gold this week. And a few cinema tickets. And various other inane things that are neither arcade nor retro :p

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A bought a "coffee maker" for the better half a 100 years or so ago.

article_finder_Vintage%20Coffee%20Grinder_2_1.jpg

Fixed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

So popped into a charity shop today and found a promo copy of FFVII
    191425.jpg
    191424.jpg

My knowledge is inferior to ye guys on here but how rare are promo copies?
    Cant go wrong for 2euro :)

• Advertisement

That's a really nice find, well done.

Now, if you find a rubbish copy of that crap game Panzer Dragoon Saga, be sure to let ole Uncle Ciderman dispose of it for you, no charge.... ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

here since someone once said we could post terry pratchett books here
    th_IMG_20120204_130902.jpg
    tenner for 12 of em ;)
    oh yeah , tony hawks 3 and a wrasslin' game on the ps2 for a quid all in , happy days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ahyeahok wrote: »
    My knowledge is inferior to ye guys on here but how rare are promo copies?
    Cant go wrong for 2euro :)

They're rarer but not worth much more than normal copies since they don't have nice artwork and sometimes no manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A Final Fantasy VII promo will be worth something, definitely.

Is it anything like this one? One dude in the thread said he's seen them sell for over €100

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=473104#post473104

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

here since someone once said we could post terry pratchett books here
    th_IMG_20120204_130902.jpg
    tenner for 12 of em ;)
    oh yeah , tony hawks 3 and a wrasslin' game on the ps2 for a quid all in , happy days.

Ah some great books in that haul. I can gradually see this forum become the arcade and retro and discworld forum.

I got an unseen university edition of sourcery from the US for like 40 dollars, which is a great price for it.
    Boxed SNES games and Pratchett books. Why do I have to like expensive crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

So I finally got back from London with a Transit load of stuff. Left everything in my office except for my trusty IBM XT.
    Flicked the massive-red-awesome toggle switch to power it on. Basically sounded like a jet taking off nearby.
    Not great screens, still flicking through what's on the hard disk.
    IMG_5734.jpg

Some sort of rip off of space invaders? IBM have nothing on Atari...
    IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5733.jpg

And it came with a copy of IBM PS/2 tools...
    IMG_5729.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Blimey, you must have some storage in your gaf for all those computers! Very nice though I still think you are John Titor! :D

Your collection always reminds me of my quest to import an X68000 and/or a Fujitsu FM Towns. A Marty would be cheaper on shipping, but from opinions I've gathered from research of the Marty vs the FM Towns machines, the Marty is actually a very poorly made and unreliable machine. Same goes for the Car Marty. Sorry for going OT there!

Chances of spotting any of that stuff though, even in Japan, is very remote.

Good luck with your machines though, good to hear you got your haul back safe! :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    A Final Fantasy VII promo will be worth something, definitely.

Is it anything like this one? One dude in the thread said he's seen them sell for over €100

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=473104#post473104

Mine is what ya see in my pic. 3 discs in a 4 disc box (no cover).
    I see that link the cover says "DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY". Wonder if that cover is off a retail display box, if it was the promo cover wouldn't it say promo only? The front of it looks like a standard cover.

Found it in a charity shop in a very small town... not what you would expect to find, I had found FFVI, FFVIII and FF anthology in the same shop a few weeks ago.
    Must have been from the same lot but missed it the first time round.... actually didnt even notice it was a promo copy till i hopped into my car :o

edit: found this http://ff7-cloudloku.atspace.com/eng.html some FF collection this guys got.
    Final Fantasy VII Promo Version: It is a very rare item. As can be noted by the words on the CD, it has never been sold in shops, but only sent to editors, to allow them playing the game in advance (before than the public) and write reviews on magazines and websites. It's a complete version, fully playable and perfectly working, but distributed in an anonymous case, without cover or manual.

I had a few promo disks, sadly they are for sh1te games, Jet Rider, Star Wars: Masters of the muck fighting game, both for PS, also I have a lotus racing game promo for the ps2.

And as for A&R&Discworld forum, as a massive Pratchett fan I'd do it, sure you'd be cutting cutting your own throat not to! Sausage in a bun anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

edit: found this http://ff7-cloudloku.atspace.com/eng.html some FF collection this guys got.

I get these promo discs sent out to me the whole time, i dunno if they are considered collectable, hopefully they are, ill be rich in another 20 years haha..

• Advertisement

I had a few promo disks, sadly they are for sh1te games, Jet Rider, Star Wars: Masters of the muck fighting game, both for PS, also I have a lotus racing game promo for the ps2.

And as for A&R&Discworld forum, as a massive Pratchett fan I'd do it, sure you'd be cutting cutting your own throat not to! Sausage in a bun anyone?

Much prefer rat and ketchup inna bun.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Much prefer rat and ketchup inna bun.

Ah yes, you must be one of those "nouvelle cuisine" types Ankh-Morpork has heard a lot of, over the clacks, from Lancre...
    Why don't you feck off back? ;)

Some car booty I got today.
    Knocked a tenner off asking price cos they couldn't find the tv lead :D

191512.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have loads of promos, some for fantastic games like SotN and Silent Hill 2. Been told they aren't worth much.

I have loads of promos, some for fantastic games like SotN and Silent Hill 2. Been told they aren't worth much.

Saurons opinion doesn't count :D

Some car booty I got today.
    Knocked a tenner off asking price cos they couldn't find the tv lead :D

191512.jpg

ZAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Found this in a box of games I bought, too bad I can't play since I'v no drive :pac:

IMG_02591.jpg

IMG_02601.jpg

Ah yes, you must be one of those "nouvelle cuisine" types Ankh-Morpork has heard a lot of, over the clacks, from Lancre...
    Why don't you feck off back? ;)

Nah, I'm from Bad Ass myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mine is what ya see in my pic. 3 discs in a 4 disc box (no cover).
    I see that link the cover says "DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY". Wonder if that cover is off a retail display box, if it was the promo cover wouldn't it say promo only? The front of it looks like a standard cover.

Found it in a charity shop in a very small town... not what you would expect to find, I had found FFVI, FFVIII and FF anthology in the same shop a few weeks ago.
    Must have been from the same lot but missed it the first time round.... actually didnt even notice it was a promo copy till i hopped into my car :o

I love when stuff like this turns up in the oddest if places. Nice find dude. Will you be selling it on or keeping it you reckon?

Some are worth money, others not so much. It's all down to whether collectors want them or not really.

Sure, they don't have booklets or nice artwork, but like promo/beta carts, some of them are rare. Rare + popular product = worth. I'd say Final Fantasy VII being multi disc makes it rarer than your average promo too. Plus you know how mental some Final Fantasy collectors are about stuff ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement