Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomorrowland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just some travel info.

Ryanair fly to Charleroi, direct train from the train station (10 mins from the airport by bus) to Antwerp is about €13 and takes about 1hr40.

Aerlingus fly to Zaventem, Train from the airport to Antwerp with 1 change, takes about 1hr10 and costs about €10.

You could also fly with Ryanair to Eindhoven in the NL, i'm not sure about trains/public busses but there is a airport bus to Antwerp for €15 that takes about 1hr30

You can check all times and book tickets for the train at www.b-rail.be :)

You can buy everything you need in Antwerp, so if you need a tent, its probably cheaper to buy it over there and just leave it, as you'd most likely need to check the tent in on the plane, which would be about 30quid.

Oh and just remember if your booking silly early flights for the return to Dublin, make sure you have enough time to get to the airports, last trains are generally around midnight and first starts usually around 5-6am. Not sure if they'll put on extra trains as i've never been.

Great info thanks Mr.s

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

First names January 1st 2012
    Ticket info February 1st 2012
    Presale Starts April 7th 2012

David Guetta
    Fatboy Slim
    Jamie Jones
    John Digweed
    Alesso
    Solomun
    Carl Cox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Just some travel info.

Ryanair fly to Charleroi, direct train from the train station (10 mins from the airport by bus) to Antwerp is about €13 and takes about 1hr40.

Aerlingus fly to Zaventem, Train from the airport to Antwerp with 1 change, takes about 1hr10 and costs about €10.

You could also fly with Ryanair to Eindhoven in the NL, i'm not sure about trains/public busses but there is a airport bus to Antwerp for €15 that takes about 1hr30

You can check all times and book tickets for the train at www.b-rail.be :)

You can buy everything you need in Antwerp, so if you need a tent, its probably cheaper to buy it over there and just leave it, as you'd most likely need to check the tent in on the plane, which would be about 30quid.

Oh and just remember if your booking silly early flights for the return to Dublin, make sure you have enough time to get to the airports, last trains are generally around midnight and first starts usually around 5-6am. Not sure if they'll put on extra trains as i've never been.

Thanks for that Mr. S. Good to get some solid info.

Have my flights booked with aer lingus - dublin to brussels. Looking at your info im thinking my best option is jump on the train to antwerp. How far is it to Boom then....would that be a taxi job?

Would it be very dear to get a taxi from the airport to Boom? Its not too far @ 30km...

Aye Train from the airport to Antwerp and then i'm guessing there will be shuttle bus (or at least some kind of transport! to the festival, just follow the crowds, if in doubt just ask someone who looks like their heading to the festival, most people would have a decent level of English.

Taxi from the Airport might work out cheaper, if there is a few of you, might aswel ask to see if the driver would do a deal or something.

May aswell chance the arm anyway as there would be a few. If we are going via the train to Antwerp do you reckon its definitely better to get the tent there? Would they not majorly hike the prices and cash in on the festival crowd?

I suppose its a battle of whether you want the hassle of bringing one over or pay the extra few quid to get it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Markodoh

defo heading this year it looks unreal! anyone ever been before knows what its like camping? how much food/drink is etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

anyone who wants to go will have to be on the ball for tickets. close to 700,000 likes on fb, 90,000 attending on the fb event page (thats more than can get in per day)

Im taking a morning off work when tics go on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Markodoh

@ df1985 have you been before? its going to be a instant sell out this year i think the best way to guarantee tickets is take the morning off yea i just hope the website doesn't freeze!! have you heard about these comfort tickets they sound like the way to go

Hi lads,

Looks like this is going to be a whopper festival. Facebook page has just been started for any Irish going to discuss it. Like it if ye are in :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tomorrowland-2012-Irish-Crew/226659854086551

Facebook page for any Irish going :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tomorrowland-2012-Irish-Crew/226659854086551

Mods - maybe merge the two tomorrowland threads to save duplicate posting? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Mods - maybe merge the two tomorrowland threads to save duplicate posting? :)

Done and done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

what are the camping facilities like at this?
    showers? lockers??

Cheers

Tiesto wrote: »
    what are the camping facilities like at this?
    showers? lockers??

Cheers

From what I've read they have both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shane.murphy

i got a quote from a coach company ... 250 return from dublin to tomorrowland including ferries ... so tickets are about 150 for the festival so 400 euro altogether .... doesn't sound too bad ! but there's only 5 of us and its a 48 seater coach ... would anyone be up for it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

i got a quote from a coach company ... 250 return from dublin to tomorrowland including ferries ... so tickets are about 150 for the festival so 400 euro altogether .... doesn't sound too bad ! but there's only 5 of us and its a 48 seater coach ... would anyone be up for it ??

250pp for 5 of ye? Crew of about 8 of us goin, from Galway & Tipp....im presuming if theres more in the crew itd go down per person....
    Be some mad banter gettin a bus all the way !!

it was 250 euro each .. yeah the session would start straight away like !! .. i'd say they ment for a bus of about 40 @ 250 a head but i'll get back to ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

it was 250 euro each .. yeah the session would start straight away like !! .. i'd say they ment for a bus of about 40 @ 250 a head but i'll get back to ya !

Madness, You can get return flights for €90.

Think how much "fun" that coach would be on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

A bus from bloody Witnness is a nightmare sure, so to get one back from this festival would not be the best of ideas. General rule of thumb, better the craic = harder to get home.

what airline are doing flights for 90 euro ??
    i see aer lingus have 144 ?? :/

That quote for the bus was for a party of 20 .. So if we filled the bus it would only be about 115 each ??

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

That quote for the bus was for a party of 20 .. So if we filled the bus it would only be about 115 each ??

With more peeps you split the cost of the bus but ya haveta buy extra ferry tickets remember...

• Advertisement

that quote was for ferry from dublin to liverpool and ferr from hull to zeeburgee which is in belgium ... including the bus journeys ... all return

Markodoh wrote: »
    @ df1985 have you been before? its going to be a instant sell out this year i think the best way to guarantee tickets is take the morning off yea i just hope the website doesn't freeze!! have you heard about these comfort tickets they sound like the way to go

Havent been before. Everyone and their granny is claiming to be going this year but i hope when push comes to shove half of them wont go for the tickets.your name goes on ticket like glastonbury, people may not want to commit. also a lot claiming to be going seem youngish.....they might not be able to afford the whole thing. tickets/flights/transport/accomodation/spending money. wont be cheap! i know about 20 from different groups claiming to be going, id say its myself and 3 others that will actually end up there!

itll sell out straight away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

keep this quiet but another large irish airline, thats not aer lingus are offering flights thursday to tuesday for 90 sponds...

for now.

think i could end up flying into germany somewhere and meeting my girlfriend before travelling to Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dally2009

Am I right in saying that the tickets go on sale April 7th? Where will I be able to buy these from?

€172.50 for the three days, €72.50 for one, nearly 30% more expensive than last year. It's still cheap enough, though, when you compare it to Oxegen's €250. They go on sale April the 7th here, they're on sale in Belgium on the 24th of March, think it's something like 40% of the tickets are reserved for Belgians. I'll be up early on the 7th anyways!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Dally2009 wrote: »
    €172.50 for the three days.

Does that include camping, or is camping extra?

I'm not 100% sure, I just got that off the FB page, the rest of the info. should be up by tonight.

how does the presale work for belgium, i have a cousin and mate living in brussells.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

camping is an extra 30 or 35 per person afaik

• Advertisement

Can anybody tell me where the tickets will be available from? Ticketmaster? A friend told me today, that it might be hard enough to get my hands on them. Is that true?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement