Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Great game,
    Red Dead Revolver for the PS2.
    I seldom see it for sale these days, in fact even in the PS2's latter days it was a hard one to find,
    http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/red-dead-revolver/1275598

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Great game,
    Red Dead Revolver for the PS2.
    I seldom see it for sale these days, in fact even in the PS2's latter days it was a hard one to find,
    http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/red-dead-revolver/1275598

I thought that was an xbox exclusive! Didn't know it was even on the ps2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was originally a PS2 exclusive and was being developed by Capcom before moving to Rockstar.

It's far from a rarity, it used to be clogging up the second hand shelves and it's also not a great game, decent but not great. Worth a tenner but no more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Since when was the PS1 vintage? O.o If that's the case Ciderman must be a relic :pac:

Master of the Universe

You see PS2 TEST consoles posted on ebay regularly enough, but here's something which doesn't pop up too often. A ps2 TOOL unit -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250979542926&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

PS2 on one side, Linux on the other.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    You see PS2 TEST consoles posted on ebay regularly enough, but here's something which doesn't pop up too often. A ps2 TOOL unit -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250979542926&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

PS2 on one side, Linux on the other.

Aren't those things massive in size? Also what are the main differences between tool and test ps2s?

Master of the Universe

Yeah they're huge! Here's a comparison pic with a standard PS2. Makes it look like a minature!

567372.jpg

A test console is pretty much just a standard console which can run burned games. But even at that, you need to patch the ISOs with a master patcher to get them to run. They run ps1 games unpached though.

The TOOL on the other hand has a Linux based system in it. So you can do far far more with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Why would you pay that much for one? ;)

Sure I can buy a pocket sized one for a fiver... :pac:

sku_12472_1_small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

waveform wrote: »
    Why would you pay that much for one? ;)

Sure I can buy a pocket sized one for a fiver... :pac:

sku_12472_1_small.jpg

:D

That said, the PSP becomes a different beast altogether on cfw.

EnterNow wrote: »
    :D

That said, the PSP becomes a different beast altogether on cfw.

It really does. Can't believe it took me so long to do it.

• Advertisement

It really does. Can't believe it took me so long to do it.

That's what happens when people listen to Retr0 :D

Master of the Universe

VGA graded factory sealed Mario 64.

$625.00 with three days remaining.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-64-Factory-Sealed-VGA-95-Nintendo-64-/170769710956

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

**** sake

This VGA stuff really is a pile of sh1t, is there anything else where a mass produced item that isnt even old is put in a plastic case and then sells for stupid money?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Maybe serious collectors of other hobbies would laugh at something so stupid. I wonder if you were to get a game VGA'ed and then got THAT sealed item VGA'ed again would it be would twice as much. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Gameception!!!!

Its collapsing

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Maybe serious collectors of other hobbies would laugh at something so stupid. I wonder if you were to get a game VGA'ed and then got THAT sealed item VGA'ed again would it be would twice as much. :rolleyes:

So what you're saying is we need a VGA body to rate VGA seals?

That'd be hilarious.

Seals within seals within seals.

Soon the game itself will just look like a skewed blur there'll be so much perspex around it.

Soon the game itself will just look like a skewed blur

100% Pure N64 Authentic

EnterNow wrote: »
    100% Pure N64 Authentic

Lol I knew that was coming! Retr0 is hacking alot of accounts round here these days... :p

Master of the Universe

29 inch Trinitron bargain in Dublin! Only €30.

http://www.adverts.ie/tv/29-sony-tv-crt/1146012

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0!
    You need to run around the corner and pick it up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I so would but I've no where to put the bloody thing and my mam with lynch me!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I so would but I've no where to put the bloody thing and my mam with lynch me!

Nut Up or Shut Up!

You might as well be one of these!
    83c78304dbba90_full.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nut Up or Shut Up!

You might as well be one of these!
    83c78304dbba90_full.jpg

Does your wife allow you to post pics like that? :D

Master of the Universe

Is everyone on this forum under the thumb? :p

Edit - not retro, but since when are Skylanders worth money?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-Legendary-Pack-Bash-Chop-Chop-Spyro-New-Sealed-/320835300622

Is everyone on this forum under the thumb? :p

Only the ones with the ghey are :p

Maybe some new attire is needed... (joking ofc)

wifebeater.jpg

Thats a stained Apple vest right there, an enforcer for the company formerly known as Steve Jobs imagineer factory?

As for being under the thumb, somewhat I'll grant you, but have you seen the amount of stuff I have!!
    Retrogaming will find a way, to paraphrase that Chaos guy in Jurassic Park!

since when are Skylanders worth money?!

As the proud father of an 8 and a half year old Skylander addict I can honestly say I have never seen such a panic to buy gaming paraphernalia so long after Christmas, as soon as they come in they are sold.
    I spent several hours touring the various north county toy shops before finding some in Smyths in Blankytown.
    And as for the really expensive ones, it's gone nuts, gold editions, legendary ones, there are crystal editions on the way as well, not to mention more packs to open up more levels.
    The first big money figure was Dark Spyro, it's the same as Spyro just, well, darker! It's in game stats are identical, as are all it's attributes and in game behaviour, only a palette swap.
    Because it sold *exclusively* with the 3DS version of Skylanders it has become sought after by, well, morons tbh.

The big issue with the game, as a game, is that the whole thing is easy until you get to the last boss and he is a cheap as hell, just pouring on wave after wave of opponents, burning through the skylanders you own, they act as lives, and so the player finds themselves buying more to try and finish the blighter.
    There is little challenge in the rest of the game, just that last frakking boss.

Master of the Universe

So you buy a Skylander toy, use him to fight...and when he dies in the game, you have to buy another one? Serious?

That's one good money making plan. Horrible as they're kids toys, but good marketing.

• Advertisement

No, in any particular game you have your Skiylander figures and they act as lives.
    When one is "exhausted" you have to replace him/her on the PORTAL OF POWER, or the usb lighty up plastic plate thingy, with another figure, if all your figures are "exhausted" it's back to the continue screen and you start from the level checkpoint, with all your characters refreshed and ready to battle once again.
    Within your save game you can level up your character as well.

In a nice little dealer/user trick they also allow you to collect items that are specific to characters you may not have.
    As a result, on a dedicated screen to showing you movies of moves and abilities of characters you own, they let you gaze longingly at characters you don't have yet, so setting up poor beleaguered parents to once again pound the pavements searching for plastic figurines...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement