Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

lumped on BTS, cheers to all who tipped it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

wtf ever happened to Monaco? 2nd last in the French 2nd division,

Anyway they go away to last place Amiens tonight, Amiens last 7 games they've picked a single point,

Monaco have the return of Ludovic Giuly and Hansson, and new signing Ibrahim Toure means they are definitly making waves in the right direction.

At a price of 11/5 could be great value

Lasagna any insight?
    I'd be careful with the Spanish match later,

Pinto starts in goal for Barca, He's a f*ckin disaster of a keeeper, No Villa or Pedro either, so your relying on goals from Messi Fabregas and Xavi?

In the Bernabeu too, I'd say Barcelona will sit play psosession ball in their own half as much as they can and wait to get them in the Nou camp, wont be many goals for Barca anyway, 1 maybe 2
    This is true,

Either way, Pinto puts me off backing Barca, but Both to score or over 2.5 looks very good

Delighted with Monaco :D

Over 2.5's and both to score comes in in Madrid too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

ft9 wrote: »
    Giddy up!!!!

well done! gotta love when they go behind early in these games!a betting mans dream

Lads, I need a home banker for the Premiership the weekend, the betting odds suggest Everton @ 8/15 against Blackburn, would a few agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Lads, I need a home banker for the Premiership the weekend, the betting odds suggest Everton @ 8/15 against Blackburn, would a few agree?

I'd take Sunderland before Everton tbh this weekend. Sunderland playing some great stuff and deserved a result against Chelsea at the weekend.

Edit: How many's left in it now man?

• Advertisement

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I'd take Sunderland before Everton tbh this weekend. Sunderland playing some great stuff and deserved a result against Chelsea at the weekend.

Edit: How many's left in it now man?

I misread it last week, still 17 left, there was 26 the week before, looks like it might drag out over a few weeks as the numbers drop.

I like Sunderland too, but Villa have more going forward than Blackburn would, Agbon, Bent, NZogbia, Ireland, that Heskey beast!

decisions!

I misread it last week, still 17 left, there was 26 the week before, looks like it might drag out over a few weeks as the numbers drop.

I like Sunderland too, but Villa have more going forward than Blackburn would, Agbon, Bent, NZogbia, Ireland, that Heskey beast!

decisions!

Sunderland are against Swansea this weekend

Fair shout so, thought it was Villa

Pavia V Taranto Saturday 22nd
    Italian League Pro 1/A

2nd place Taranto are away to bottom of the table Pavia, Pavia have picked up 2 points from their last 13 games(potential 39 points) conceding 29 goals over that period, and average of 2.23 per game.

Taranto on the other are the complete opposite, 3 points off the top and a serious title contender, picking 13 points from their last 5 games, keeping 5 clean sheets too.

Can't see any other result than an away win here for Taranto, i'm posting it early as its popped up on a few sites and the price is already dropping, was evens at lunch time,

Taranto to win @ 5/6

I know the odds aren't anything special, would be reliable for an accum if your into that craic, i'll be giving it a medium sized single stake.

edit, 188bet are offering 10/11, PP have no market yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dont like betting on lower league Italian games, dodgy tbh

• Advertisement

I'd agree, but if theres anything dodgy it will go in favour of Taranto surely, this is oppurtunity for Taranto to go joint top against the bottom club. I'd be very surprised if they didnt win.

Just my opinion all the same.

Ajax v Az Alkmaar

are they playing that from the very start or where it was suspended after the kick?

I'm almost sure its reset, I forgot about that actually
    Ajax were 1-0 up at the time, but agreed to arrange a replay from scratch.

http://www.tvbet.co.uk/ajax-v-az-alkmaar-live-dutch-cup-football/

They're only allowing kids attend the game, excellent :D

iv gone for the first goal after 23min @ 10/11

They have been off playing friendlies and taking it easy so Im hoping it will be a tight game and the players wont be 100% match fit yet

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

Do you think AZ might let Ajax have a walkthrough goal at the start of the match as it was 1-0 in the first match? I've seen it done before..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAMK7EMKMx4

Could be something to keep an eye on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ajax- AZ the facts :D

Match starts all over again at 0-0
    AZ's GK who was sent off for kicking the **** out of the pitch invader, has had his red card cancelled so will play.
    It is played at 13.30 this afternoon in front of a 20.000 strong under 12 crowd. (Why they arent in school beats me...)

This weekend it is AZ - Ajax for the league and Ajax' coach says he is more interested in that.
    Ajax still has quite a lot of injuries but are favourites for me in the cup match.
    Last few matches before the break, AZ was struggling.
    For them a win on sunday will probably count more as well as they will put Ajax on 8 points in the league with a win.

I am on the Ajax win @1.9

And on a personal note, i find it ridiculous this match is played. Ajax should have been kicked out of the cup. 3rd time in 10 years their "fans" attack an opponent during a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

what do you think of QPR at home to wigan this weekend?

evens on 365-surely with new manager effect-first league game at home, this is safe enough?

evens on 365-surely with new manager effect-first league game at home, this is safe enough?

They were absolutely dire against MK Dons during the week, they are unbackable at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Definately not safe, they are a f*cking awful team and Mark Hughes will have his work cut out for himself with that lot, they are a joke, and dont even deserve to be in the Premier League, they struggled, and i mean absolutely struggled the other night against MK Dons.

My money would be on Wigan even though their not much better if i was having a bet on the game which I'm not mind you, because it's a match to be avoided at all costs i'de say

• Advertisement

Joey Barton is back for that match, he has been a huge miss for them

I fancy them to win it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Hi, anyone have any opinions on the River Plate against Racing Club tonight?

Tough to find information but from what I gather the league isnt starting until Feb so this is a warm up tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torneos_de_Verano_%28Argentina%29

According to wikipedia these are taken pretty seriously and have high attendences.

Racing club have finished second in this seasons Apertura (12 points behind Boca and an away form of P-10 W-2 D-7 L-1) and River Plate are currently sitting second in the Primera B with a home record of (P-9 W-5 D-2 L-2). River Plate seemed to have trouble scoring but have signed the legendry David Trezeguet in December. They also have Fernando Cavenaghi who has 13 goals in 17 apps since his return and up and coming star Lucas Ocampos.

Historicly the form is played 25 times. River-14 Draw-6 Racing-5.

The odds are River-2.5 Draw-3.3 Racing 2.6. (from PP)

Personaly Im backing River here as they seem to have a good price. They are at home against one of the bigger teams in Argentina (but still nowhere near as good as Boca) and Im sure they will be eagar to show their fans they can compete with the better teams after last seasons embarrassing relegation.

That is the draw cup

Every game so far has been a draw iirc.

Its dodgy betting on a cup that isnt taken serious at all, its worse than the Community shield

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Taking Soldado to score 2 or more 11/4 as he starts..In red hot form,double with Inter to score 3 or more is 6.47

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

seanhynes wrote: »
    Taking Soldado to score 2 or more 11/4 as he starts..In red hot form,double with Inter to score 3 or more is 6.47

Followed you on the Soldado bet. €10 @ 7/2

Hi, anyone have any opinions on the River Plate against Racing Club tonight?

Tough to find information but from what I gather the league isnt starting until Feb so this is a warm up tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torneos_de_Verano_%28Argentina%29

According to wikipedia these are taken pretty seriously and have high attendences.

Racing club have finished second in this seasons Apertura (12 points behind Boca and an away form of P-10 W-2 D-7 L-1) and River Plate are currently sitting second in the Primera B with a home record of (P-9 W-5 D-2 L-2). River Plate seemed to have trouble scoring but have signed the legendry David Trezeguet in December. They also have Fernando Cavenaghi who has 13 goals in 17 apps since his return and up and coming star Lucas Ocampos.

Historicly the form is played 25 times. River-14 Draw-6 Racing-5.

The odds are River-2.5 Draw-3.3 Racing 2.6. (from PP)

Personaly Im backing River here as they seem to have a good price. They are at home against one of the bigger teams in Argentina (but still nowhere near as good as Boca) and Im sure they will be eagar to show their fans they can compete with the better teams after last seasons embarrassing relegation.

Thats not that Bimbo cup is it? :pac:

Turkish Super league tomorrow,

Gaizentespospor V Mersin

Bet365 have the best price on Gaiz @ 13/10, thats a cracking price for the home side, Mersin in terrible form losing their last 4 games, they're just an awful club in general, rotten to the core, the sooner they're thrown out of the super league the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Headshot wrote: »
    Joey Barton is back for that match, he has been a huge miss for them

I fancy them to win it

If M Hughes is going get off to a winning start this has got to be the game. Wigan were so bad against a poor city Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

If M Hughes is going get off to a winning start this has got to be the game. Wigan were so bad against a poor city Monday.

Wigan were not that bad against City and they definately have goals in them. They are set up to play the counter attack so playing away from home will suit them. QPR were just awful the other night so I will be steering clear of this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Wigan were not that bad against City and they definately have goals in them. They are set up to play the counter attack so playing away from home will suit them. QPR were just awful the other night so I will be steering clear of this one.

Sorry we must have been watching different games. The Wigan I saw were absolutely terrible, specifically because they wouldn't hit a barn door and were brutal going forward

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement