Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Just went for Barca to lead at either HT or FT at even money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Monaco DNB v bottom of the table Amiens 11/10 looks good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Will wait till i know if he plays but Alexis Sanchez any time at 3.25 looks tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

lumping on Brighton tonight away to Wrexham. 7/5 is tremendous value for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I'd be careful with the Spanish match later,

Pinto starts in goal for Barca, He's a f*ckin disaster of a keeeper, No Villa or Pedro either, so your relying on goals from Messi Fabregas and Xavi?

In the Bernabeu too, I'd say Barcelona will sit play psosession ball in their own half as much as they can and wait to get them in the Nou camp, wont be many goals for Barca anyway, 1 maybe 2
    Mind you Messi has 6 in last 5 andCesc 7 in last 9, prolific enough between them. Pedro hadn't been starting either, off form.
    I fancy Messi to definitely score. 2 or more is 6/1 with PP. Going with the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Monaco DNB v bottom of the table Amiens 11/10 looks good.

Monaco are 2nd from bottom :D,

I'm on the straight win all the same, looks good

Mind you Messi has 6 in last 5 andCesc 7 in last 9, prolific enough between them. Pedro hadn't been starting either, off form.
    I fancy Messi to definitely score. 2 or more is 6/1 with PP. Going with the latter.

This is true,

Either way, Pinto puts me off backing Barca, but Both to score or over 2.5 looks very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    El Classico Both teams to score at 1.57 looks a good bet for part of an accumulator.

Steven Fletcher is not playing in FA Cup replay tonight. Doyle and Ebanks-Blake should start in a 4-4-2.

Fletcher on bench, didn't think he'd feature. A stack of changes esp Brum.

Wolves team...... De Vries; Doherty, Stearman,  Berra, Elokobi; Hammill, Jonsson, Milijas, Hunt; Ebanks-Blake, Doyle.

I've gone with:

Milan -1
    Madrid v Barca +2.5 goals
    Ebanks-Blake anytime
    Porto
    Benfica

c.11/1

• Advertisement

Milan starting XI: Amelia, Bonera, Nesta, Mexes, Antonini, Merkel, Ambrosini, Nocerino, Emanuelson, Inzaghi, El Shaarawy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Barca : Pinto, Alves, Puyol, Pique, Abidal, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Cesc, Sanchez, Messi

Real: Casillas, Altintop, Ramos, Carvalho, Coentrao, Pepe, Alonso, L. Diarra, Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

Thinking of barca 2 or more 1st half goals @ 11/2.. any value in this?

edit: put some down it anyway!

Thinking of barca 2 or more 1st half goals @ 11/2.. any value in this?
    Yeah, looks good. Altintop weak link in Madrid side. Cesc, Messi and Iniesta will give him hell I reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Barcelona to score over 1.5 goals @ 2.05

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Went with that too @2.10 on bwin. Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

As we all know Barca has not been great away from home lately and have conceeded a lot from set pieces so anytime goal with Betfair on the following
    Ramos @ 14/1
    Ronaldo @ 6/4 (just cos hes on peno's)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

After taking a break over Christmas after a bad run I have decided it's time to have a flutter again.

Nothing Fancy mind you €20 on Barca I have a feeling they are gonna batter them. I'll hopefully put the winnings then on Ronnie in the snooker tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Panathinaikos v Doxa Dramas - Greek League

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/other-leagues/greece/hellenic-liga/panathinaikos-v-doxa-dramas/match-result-and-over-under-2-5

Pana are a good out fit, have won every home game so far in the league. On the other Doxa were promoted half way through the season and are a dire side, they've only scored a single goal so far. In fairness to them though they are fairly good at the back, they've only conceded more than two goals in a match on one occasion since promotion. Doxa will not score so Pana will have to score three goals for this bet to lose, they are capable of this though.

Pana to win and under 2.5 goals (17/10 BWIN)

I'd only recommend a small stake on this.

Nothing else on tomorrow that I like, although QPR are a good price.
    Chateroux v Metz

Both teams to score - NO (7/10 StanJames/Bwin)

This bet has come in 3/5 times in Chateroux last 5 home matches and 5/5 in Metz last 5 away.

Both sides are solid outfits, Chateroux average 1.2 goals per game at home, concede an average of 1 goal at home. Metz have been fantastic in defence away from home. They only concede an average of 0.6 goals per game however they struggle to get goals away from home as well, average of 0.6 scored.

I'd recommend a small stake on this.
    Angers v Troyes

Angers to win to nil (9/5 PP)

Angers home form: W L W L W
    Troyes away form: L L D L D

Angers have conceded 4 in the last 5, 3 of these came in the one match against a team 4th in the league, the other goal coming against 1st in the league. They've kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5.

Troyes have yet to win away in the league and have only scored 2 in the last 5 matches. They've failed to score on 5 occasions in their 9 away matches.

Definately worth a small stake

Panathinaikos 1 - 0 Doxa *Wins*

Chateroux 1 - 1 Metz

Angers 2 - 3 Troyes

Catastrophic 1st half from Angers killed the 3rd bet. Got lucky as Pana scored an 88th min goal and 2 goals in the last 15 in the Chateroux match killed the BTTS-NO bet.

Edit: Thought I backed both to score in Metz match. Dam 90th min goal :( Small loss today so.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pepe in midfield is a certain yellow card, I dont believe in bankers but this has to be close to one

• Advertisement

Gone for Altıntop to be booked @ 1/1

Headshot wrote: »
    Pepe in midfield is a certain yellow card, I dont believe in bankers but this has to be close to one

lol, I wish all bets was that easy and I wish I had money on it

Probably brutal odds thou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Panaitolikos v OFI Crete

Both teams to score - NO (8/11 PP)

This is an absolutely huge price for two teams that don't score many and don't let in many either. In Panaitolikos's last 5 matches this bet has come in 4/5 times, while in OFI's last 5 matches this has come in 5/5 times. That 8/11 is huge and in reality it should be 4/7 or even 1/2 so take this price as it will not be there come kick off. I'd recommend a large bet on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Panaitolikos v OFI Crete

Both teams to score - NO (8/11 PP)

This is an absolutely huge price for two teams that don't score many and don't let in many either. In Panaitolikos's last 5 matches this bet has come in 4/5 times, while in OFI's last 5 matches this has come in 5/5 times. That 8/11 is huge and in reality it should be 4/7 or even 1/2 so take this price as it will not be there come kick off. I'd recommend a large bet on this.

Do Greek team's take the cup seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    PuntersLounge
    Previous season he was appointed on 16.04.2011 Real Madrid - Barcelona 1-1: 7 yellow cards. 1 red card. 2 penalties awarded. His record past season in Spanih La Liga: 24 games. 154 yellow cards . 6 direct red cards . 5 red cards ( 2 * yelow) . 8 penalties

This year he was at the centre on 8 La Liga games and one Cup game: 66 yellow cards . 7 red ones . 1 penalty ... games with Barcelona: 1 penalty . 6 red cards.

M. Fernandez isnt the kind of judge to let play, he wil take insurance and punish players from the very beggining:

* this season in 9 games he give the yellow cards early in 7 of them! Bet365 gives the following type of bet:

"The minute of first yellow card": Before 21:00 minute? Yes @ 1.83 - regarding this line 6/9 won.
    The ref in question is Cesar Muniz Fernandez
    I like the bet but the odds aren't great

Wish I took the 1.83 now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Get in :D

Not the goal scorers we would of expected but delighted all the same.

Headshot wrote: »
    I like the Barcelona to Come From Behind and Win 10/1

Fancy a repeat of the last match

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    I'd go with Barca. I know their dropping points and struggling esp away from home this season, but as I said b4 the last classico they just have this pyschological edge over Madrid. Madrid just can't play against Barca. I'll be backing Barca to win and maybe a bit o barca -1

woooo. see a good 4 of us had barca. easy money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ft9 wrote: »
    Couldn't decide to go for Barca win or DNB so went for....

Barca DNB 100 6/5

Barca 100 13/8

Giddy up!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement