Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Go on the jackers! I have a very good ratter here and she seems to be passing on her trade to Little Dude

Yep jacks are fab... The yoke was nearly as big as jazz but no problem to her, they seem to have a system going now, Minnie flushes and jazz catches and dispatches, fascinating to watch in a creepy Yeuch kind of way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Yep jacks are fab... The yoke was nearly as big as jazz but no problem to her, they seem to have a system going now, Minnie flushes and jazz catches and dispatches, fascinating to watch in a creepy Yeuch kind of way :D

I've seen my lot working as a pack to hunt things and totally agree, amazing to watch but quite creepy! Ellie manages to dispatch them all by herself but she has the patience of a cat and literally waits for hours to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

That's some wind out there. We've already lost 2 gates and gained a massive trampoline! Can anyone with trampolines please ensure there disassembiled (sp?). Thank dog Charlie wasn't outside.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My niece's playhouse has (had!) a little chimney on top. I was woken up at 5am by the sound of it complete with all the felt on the roof attached to it smashing into the dog run :eek:.

No need to disassemble trampolines completely, they won't go anywhere if turned upside down so the wind can't catch them ;). Safety net's would need to be taken off though.

My niece's playhouse has (had!) a little chimney on top. I was woken up at 5am by the sound of it complete with all the felt on the roof attached to it smashing into the dog run :eek:.

No need to disassemble trampolines completely, they won't go anywhere if turned upside down so the wind can't catch them ;). Safety net's would need to be taken off though.

Never thought of turning them upside down, this one was one of the big ones complete with safety net attached. Said he had it well tied down last night, it's gone now anyways I'd say as the legs were all bent. So lucky it didn't go the other way towards the main road or across another few fences and through the neighbour's conservatory. That wind was scary though, never seen or heard it as strong as last night or this evening in the 7 years were here. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Bored in work and I have today's paper since 3 o clock, wait til you lot see the headline!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Bored in work and I have today's paper since 3 o clock, wait til you lot see the headline!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What is it? :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

garkane wrote: »

Seen it, am raging. Any point emailing to complain? I guess not?

TillyGirl wrote: »
    garkane wrote: »

Seen it, am raging. Any point emailing to complain? I guess not?

Do share, I have the flu, have an exam to study for and hair standing on top of my head so have no intention of going to the shop to get the paper. Guessing it's dog related? :-(

• Advertisement

Can't find a link but front page of one of the red tops headline something about devil dog attacks child; a rottie. A pic of a snarling rottie as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Can't find a link but front page of one of the red tops headline something about devil dog attacks child; a rottie. A pic of a snarling rottie as well.

Red top says it all really

Oh no. Bloody rags, bet I can guess which one too. Bet it'l be the usual tripe in it, no disrespect meant to the child I don't like hearing of anyone attacked but it'l be the usual bullsh*t in it.

Zapperzy wrote: »

Oh no. Bloody rags, bet I can guess which one too. Bet it'l be the usual tripe in it, no disrespect meant to the child I don't like hearing of anyone attacked but it'l be the usual bullsh*t in it.

That's exactly it, obviously it's terrible the child was hurt but the term devil dog really riles me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah it was on dailymail yesterday - brilliant comments thou as always from the readers...well most of them anyways.:p They run stories like that all the time with their file photo of a rottie with it's mouth open probably to catch a ball or treat or something - wow vicious :rolleyes: but the comments on a whole are more sensible and well rounded than the paper's point of view
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2081511/Bites-dangerous-dogs-6-000-victims-year-hospital.html

Posted this on FB a while ago, in regards to our adopted cat Blackie (who we now call Brickie since he is a big solid square cat).

Wondering how to turn a semi-wild, shy and startled outdoor cat into a friendly, naughty, house-exploring pet cat? Smoked salmon. A tiny scrap of smoked salmon. It's crack cocaine for cats. We can't keep him out of our rooms, or the kitchen, now. He's been on the kitchen worktops and knocked things flying, been in boyfriend's room at five a.m. and caused a crash, wandered into my room while I watched TV, curled up in my lap and clawed my ankles, scratched the stairs, got into the kitchen dustbin and is now asleep under boyfriend's bed. Three cheers for Brickie and his salmon addiction!

Blackie wandered into the kitchen really shy, when I was making smoked salmon for lunch (50 cent reduced to clear, can't argue with that), he gave a little meow, and I was so proud of him for being so brave as to come into the kitchen, that I rewarded him with a little sliver of salmon. Then he was rubbing against my legs and purring, so I bent down and gave him another little piece. Then he turned into the monster described above!! Love the Brick Cat!

Ah there's nothing like a cat knocking everything down - they just couldn't care less lol! :D

Aaages ago we were talking about dog guards and I mentioned I had a halfords one and I liked it. WELL.. am I glad I got that one - the other evening I jumped out of the car to open the gate, went to get back in and I was locked out, engine running, phone and bag inside :eek: Luckily my mum was home and I had the spare key in the house..went out but no joy with the key in the driver side door so I ended up getting in from the boot lol! So I was glad of my easy to remove dog guard!! Also I was glad that I drive a big jeep with a huge boot and I'm short because it made things a bit easier too!;):p

Horray for being small! It comes in so handy so often, almost makes it worth putting up with being called "tiny", "skinny" and "shorty" all the time... almost! I make a point of not squeezing into small spaces for the ones who make fun of my small stature when they need me ;)

I hate locking my keys in my car!! Glad you had that particular dog guard too!!

I miss my dogs! I've. Even away since early sat and go home tomorrow ( mon) but I really miss my dogs!
    I do this trip regularly to see family in the uk and bring my daughter to the orthodontist but my jazz is under the weather at the minute and I'm finding his trip really tough :(
    Think I'm driving my dad up the walls as I've rung him twice each day to check how she is.... It isn't anything serious (hopefully) but while she's on medication I should be the one administering it :o

• Advertisement

GAh! Waiting for the vet to call me back - week 11 starts today I called to see if we can let him off the lead at 12 weeks!

Update - he's allowed off!! yaaay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got Internet back!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D

YAY!!!!

Finally got the internet back, posting up ss pic's as I type. I missed it soooooo much. Not the same trying to use the piddly phone screen, and with being slightly rural the signal is crap too.

I missed everyone:)

mymo wrote: »
    I got Internet back!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D

YAY!!!!

Finally got the internet back, posting up ss pic's as I type. I missed it soooooo much. Not the same trying to use the piddly phone screen, and with being slightly rural the signal is crap too.

I missed everyone:)

Welcome back :)

Lexi ripped up a €50 note...I could cry :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

That's heartbreaking!!!! I think if you bring all or most of the pieces into Central Bank they'll replace it.

That's heartbreaking!!!! I think if you bring all or most of the pieces into Central Bank they'll replace it.

Really? Is that in Dublin? It'd cost more on petrol to get there!

Well my springer Boe has surpassed his previous record today... We have had 16 poos so far :eek:

Poor guy seems to have a touch of colitis back, he hasn't had a dose in about a year... Bland food for him for a few days :mad:

Jazz is also in the wars but with her it's a temper thing, there is a dig who occasionally comes to training who she absolutely HATES, her way of displaying this is to do everything she can to kill him, she got herself so worked up she snapped at her best friend! That earned her 10 minutes in her crate with me ignoring her, she is spending the evening now in her home crate so she doesn't take her bad mood out on the rest of my lot :mad:

:( I saw a thing on tv once - a dog in the uk ate a wad of cash - it was still legal tender if they had the water mark thing and some other part so the guy collected all the poos in a bucket of water and fished out the bits he needed!! GROSS lol

tk123 wrote: »
    :( I saw a thing on tv once - a dog in the uk ate a wad of cash - it was still legal tender if they had the water mark thing and some other part so the guy collected all the poos in a bucket of water and fished out the bits he needed!! GROSS lol

I think if my dog ate a wad of cash I'd be doing the same just with rubber gloves! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So today, coming up on two months in, did dexter finally realise that his kennel might be a nice place to nap during the day. he's been having his breakfast and dinner in there every day to get him happy to hop in and out but he's been sitting at the glass door all the time, and never uses it for shelter or anything. finally, today, something has clicked, hopefully it might dawn on him to start using it for shelter now too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement