Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Nice pickings once again, do you have a set time you put your tips up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I don't know what im going to do they will probably close my account, 2 nice doubles in a short space of time,

its going to take me ages to lose it, once more thank you sir, LEGEND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Top stuff Py,nice to see you making a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Stples

You are a legend Pyro.

Thanks. We should make you Minister for Finance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

We love you Pyro, we do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

****in hell Pyro:eek:

Where do we sign up for the apprenticeship?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I love you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

Well done Pyro, Kim Bailey is in ridiculous form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I really wish I was willing to back your picks x PyRo! I know if I start you'll go on the worlds longest loosing streak :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

this has to be my best day of racing 4 bets 4 wins:D:D:D

thanks again pyro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Stunning, truly awesome. Well done.

Paid for the christmas shopping and change for a half a lager!!

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

mike65 wrote: »
    I really wish I was willing to back your picks x PyRo! I know if I start you'll go on the worlds longest loosing streak :p

I feel the same. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I hate myself so much for deciding to take a break from gambling today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

Well done, good analysis.

What resources do you use to research your bets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

The Jman wrote: »
    I hate myself so much for deciding to take a break from gambling today :(

Ditto!

Will no doubt lump on the next few shouts on the nose and they'll be placed.

Oh well.

Well done Pyro, keep up the great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Really should start following you to an extent.

Although i'd probably blight every pick you put up so maybe not.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

€3 e/w double... €170 return!

you should be recieving a wage!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well done, Pyro.... no pressure for tomorrow, eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Just want to add my humble thanks to this Pyro. Great shouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thanks Pyro, nice one... it all helps my bank balance :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

pyro my man, stand up and take a bow, you have just caught fire!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

amazing picking there pyro

wasn't on myself sadly but great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are you actually having a better season than the flats?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

mike65 wrote: »

Join the queue.

He's banned me from following his picks.

Wonder if i can get around it by re regging with PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Wish I had the bobs to be following you, but money's fair tight at the mo.

Glad you're getting your bearings away from the flats. You deserve it!

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Cheers all. :)

TB, it has only been a month so we'll see how the yield and profits are looking at the end of April, and then we'll see how it compares! At the moment it's going phenomenally well but keeping it up over the course of the season is what I want to do. I just hope people realize that there won't be winners day in day out (sometimes there won't be one for a week or more), and that it's a long-term game for me. I don't care about winning on any given day or month, winning year by year is all that matters and the only way to do that is by backing overpriced horses. My ability to find overpriced horses over jumps seems to have improved somewhat though.

Anyway, less chit-chat, more donkeys!

Gauvain brushed aside doubts over his ability to both run up to his best on the back of a short break and over the 2m 4f trip when running away with the Grade 2 Peterborough Chase at Huntingdon yesterday. Nick Williams' charge jumped really well in the main and travelled like a dream before grinding out a thoroughly deserved success. In the end, his task was helped by the Nicholls runner falling and the favourite running below-par, but he would have been hard to catch anyway and was value for further than the winning distance, as he seemed to idle after the last. Regardless, he won and landed a 2pt bet at 15/2 in the process. Good horsey!

At Ludlow, Midnight Haze once again showed his fondness for going well first time up when running away with what looked to be a relatively competitive handicap by 11 lengths. I was actually cursing my luck when Kim Bailey's charge was taken on for the lead and passed in the early stages, as he likes to dominate his races. Luckily, it didn't hinder his chances and having travelled and jumped like the best horse in the race, he stayed on stoutly for career win number 5. I'm not sure whether he'll be of interest again in the future (may be too high in the weights after this) but he landed a 3pt win bet at 8/1 (backed into 9/2) and made sure that there was a nice little double on the day.

+39.00pts on a brilliant and thoroughly enjoyable day!

Just one today. The racing isn't great.

12:35 Cheltenham - Edgardo Sol - 3pts @ 9/2 (Bet365, WillHill, VC)

I won't be winning any prizes for originality here but Edgardo Sol looks to be a very worthy favourite in what doesn't appear to be a great contest, even though the betting suggests that it's a tricky one to solve. Paul Nicholls often has underpriced runners, vastly underpriced at that, but this 4-year-old gelding doesn't fit into that category if he has no problems with a short gap in between his races, as he only lined out 6 days ago. It could well force him to run below-par and I don't particularly like backing horses who have run recently but the price seems worth it, as I feel that he's still a well-handicapped animal off a mark of 134.

Edgardo Sol last ran in a Listed handicap at Sandown, a race in which he was sent off as a relatively well-supported 11/4 favourite. However, things conspired against him mid-race, as he had to run on the back of a steady gallop and was constantly jumping out to his left on with is a right-handed track. He still travelled like one of the best horses in the race and got himself into contention when they turned for home but his effort petered out quite tamely, as he couldn't quicken when it mattered and made a bad error at the penultimate flight, which left him flat-footed. In the end, he could only manage a fairly distant 4th of 12 but it was still an encouraging performance, despite not being a brilliant result.

Edgardo Sol now returns to the scene of his greatest success, as he ran out a most impressive winner at this track over just a half-furlong shorter on his penultimate outing. He travelled like a very talented horse that day and showed a telling burst of pace to put 6-lengths between himself and a very decent 17-runner field when encountering the Cheltenham hill. The return to this track should really help him (as he's going the correct way around again) and although he's 12lbs higher in the ratings and running in a better races against older, more experienced handicappers, he looks up to the task if getting that little bit of luck.

Harry Derham offsets some of the 12lb rise on Edgardo Sol by taking off a valuable 7lbs and although not many can replace Ruby in the saddle, this fellow is a very talented young jockey who will be an ideal partner for this type of horse. There's a chance that they mightn't go overly quick up top here, which is a worry, but 9/2 is still too big with Nicholls' charge facing a much easier task than he did last week. It would also be a plus if the ground doesn't soften too much and overall, I feel he's worth having a medium sized bet on. There are a few dangers about, but I feel he has plenty of scope for improvement and Derham's claim leaves him looking very interesting indeed. Of the rest, one of the other 4-year-old's in the race, Tony Star (7/1), could prove to be his biggest danger if handling the track and he may be worth a small saver.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Have you got a count of how much you're up overall pyro?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

keane2097 wrote: »
    Have you got a count of how much you're up overall pyro?

He posted an update a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

Hit the crossbar 2day pyro.....keep them coming......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

ATR180 wrote: »
    Hit the crossbar 2day pyro.....keep them coming......;)

Or just hit the last fence a little awkwardly! Thought he had it only for being unlucky at the last. Them's the breaks, unlucky but good pick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement