Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just got my ags 101 today and it's actually the much sought after ags 001 that I was sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just got my ags 101 today and it's actually the much sought after ags 001 that I was sent.

Ebay?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ebay?

Yeah. Sent a message to seller. They have good feedback so hopefully will have no trouble. Having woeful luck lately on the eBay.

Just noticed posted this in wrong thread. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Apologies if I should post this query in another thread, but I'm interested in hearing opinions on an item I've up for sale on Adverts, Castlevania:Symphony of the night.

I'm of course open to offers but I wonder if the price I have shown is too far off the mark as all I have as a guide are Ebay prices?

http://www.adverts.ie/games/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night/1161969

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Apologies if I should post this query in another thread, but I'm interested in hearing opinions on an item I've up for sale on Adverts, Castlevania:Symphony of the night.

I'm of course open to offers but I wonder if the price I have shown is too far off the mark as all I have as a guide are Ebay prices?

http://www.adverts.ie/games/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night/1161969

I've seen two separate copies fail to sell on adverts, both for half the price you're advertising.

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I've seen two separate copies fail to sell on adverts, both for half the price you're advertising.

Just had a quick check on Adverts.ie for sold/withdrawn items and whilst you're correct that there have been two occasions where this game failed to sell at 70-80 euro, one of the games was merely the standard release which never included the bonus music cd and art book, whilst the other, though indeed the limited edition version, that particular item was missing the much sought after art book, so to be fair your're not really comparing like for like.

Not trying to be dismissive at all, just looking to find a fair estimation as Ebay prices can be unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The standard version sells for anything between €80-€100. All depends who's bidding. It's a great game and you might get some nutter who's willing to pay anything.

Not sure about the complete special edition. Obviously it's going to sell for more, but I'm not so sure how much more.

Here's one that sold recently enough for €128 -

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Castlevania-Symphony-Night-Limited-Edition-Official-Guide-Book-PS1-/220890507566?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item336e19a92e

o1s1n wrote: »

That doesn't seem unreasonable, may have been slightly over optimistic with my original estimation, thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Cool! I'll have a look now.

On another note, I really wish I'd bought up a crap load of the N64 themed Zelda figures back when they were released. They sell for an absolute fortune -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zora-Link-of-Legend-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-game-action-figure-Nintendo-2001-NEW-/180766323604

Jasus! I remember seeing loads of them in EB Games! Arghhhh I could of made a nice profit there!:mad:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Jasus! I remember seeing loads of them in EB Games! Arghhhh I could of made a nice profit there!:mad:

It's annoying, isnt it? I know if you had a time machine then going back with betting results is the way to go, but things like this aren't too far behind! :D

Here's something which is just stupidly expensive.

Looks like a normal PAL Sonic SMS cart, right?

No, it's a super 'rare' American release - which is a PAL copy of the game, with a new American barcode sticker on it. That's all. A little barcode sticker. Yet it's worth a fortune apparantly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260908526468

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's annoying, isnt it? I know if you had a time machine then going back with betting results is the way to go, but things like this aren't too far behind! :D

Here's something which is just stupidly expensive.

Looks like a normal PAL Sonic SMS cart, right?

No, it's a super 'rare' American release - which is a PAL copy of the game, with a new American barcode sticker on it. That's all. A little barcode sticker. Yet it's worth a fortune apparantly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260908526468

Is there a way to tell if that actual barcode sticker belongs to that exact box and cart?

Master of the Universe

Good question! In fact, it's something which would be so easy to replicate there should be crap loads of dodgy versions floating about. Print off a tiny sticker, stick it on the back of an easily obtainable PAL game - instant riches!

Here's a bit of info from Gamesniped -

Everything about this game and packaging is the same as a European release with with the exception of the UPC sticker placed on the outside of the case.

I believe the other games were Strider, Golden Axe Warrior and Spiderman. Prices for those three are really all over the place depending on how it's listed and how sick someone is of looking for a copy. You really shouldn't pay more than $20 - $50 for either of these with patience, although I have seen a Golden Axe sell for $90.

As for Soinc, you are looking at $500 -$1000 in general. This has sold for $900 and $600 in the past, so I'm not sure what the going rate for it right now is.

Good question! In fact, it's something which would be so easy to replicate there should be crap loads of dodgy versions floating about. Print off a tiny sticker, stick it on the back of an easily obtainable PAL game - instant riches!

Here's a bit of info from Gamesniped -

Everything about this game and packaging is the same as a European release with with the exception of the UPC sticker placed on the outside of the case.

I believe the other games were Strider, Golden Axe Warrior and Spiderman. Prices for those three are really all over the place depending on how it's listed and how sick someone is of looking for a copy. You really shouldn't pay more than $20 - $50 for either of these with patience, although I have seen a Golden Axe sell for $90.

As for Soinc, you are looking at $500 -$1000 in general. This has sold for $900 and $600 in the past, so I'm not sure what the going rate for it right now is.

Lol so basically the only difference is a barcode sticker stuck to the outer plastic cover? Does it cover another barcode underneath for PAL cases or is that a blank area underneath I wonder?
    As you say, seems like such an easy thing to fake you'd want to be wary (even if you are flush enough to be forking out that sort of cash for SMS Sonic).

Master of the Universe

It basically is the PAL game, just with the NTSC barcode sticker over it.

Imagine dropping a grand on an object with that much uncertainty around it. Idiocy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

This sort of carry on really annoys me.. someone bought one of the meg2s rage where selling for 80, now has it up on adverts for 250 quid. even using the same image rage posted!!

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-mega-drive-ll/1171464

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

keithgeo wrote: »
    This sort of carry on really annoys me

Me too. Not being a git but I rarely buy stuff within the country as people seem to think what they have will make them a millionaire.

€100 for a yellow SNES with no box?

DO ONE!

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Me too. Not being a git but I rarely buy stuff within the country as people seem to think what they have will make them a millionaire.

€100 for a yellow SNES with no box?

DO ONE!

No wonder the economy is crooked! ;)

Just saw that ad as well and it so obviously the one from The RAGE and it looks like someone is interested in it as well!

I had to reply to his ad. Told him he had a brass neck looking for €250 and could of at least used new pictures. Even at €80 it was overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

well done faith+1, happy to see someone got there before me haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Said it before and I'll say it again; I don't mind people buying stuff to resell on like that(but not like those prices), but not from the Irish market (i.e., don't tap into the collector's source) >:|

well done faith+1, happy to see someone got there before me haha

I got there first. Where's my recognition!

Lol so apparently he didn't buy it from The Rage just nicked their picture. Yet in his description he says: "new boxed as you can see from the pic everything is still sealed console/power cable/av cable". So the description doesn't relate to his actual item. That's some lazy ass profiteering right there. :rolleyes:

He actually replied to me with some bullsh*t story about it not being the Rage's and he only took the pics from the internet!!!! He also said they were hard to come by! I tried to reply and he's BLOCKED ME from replying!!!! Obviously he knows we can see through his bullsh*t!:mad:

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I got there first. Where's my recognition!

+1 There you go!! I wonder has he blocked you too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lol so apparently he didn't buy it from The Rage just nicked their picture. Yet in his description he says: "new boxed as you can see from the pic everything is still sealed console/power cable/av cable". So the description doesn't relate to his actual item. That's some lazy ass profiteering right there. :rolleyes:

I really felt like sayingg, no I can't "see" from the picture, as you clearly stole that picture from another website, and that is not the console you're selling.

But I once received an infraction for something much less than that,
    namely pointing out to a seller that his item was 4 times cheaper to buy new from a website site (and I did so politely). :rolleyes:

Also made the point to the mod, that if the adverts.ie community are not allowed to point out a rip off and warn potential buyers,
    then it wouldn't be much of a community anymore.

Of course the PM was simply ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Sorry dude, didnt notice the name +1 for you!

Sorry dude, didnt notice the name +1 for you!

I'd assume he doesn't want to conduct business with you either?:rolleyes:

Faith+1 wrote: »
    +1 There you go!! I wonder has he blocked you too?

That's more like it. I'll try there now and see

There will be no conducting of business between us either and I didn't really say anything! Someone mention what was said about the picture being referenced in his item description

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Reported the ad for profiteering ,be nice if it was taken down but unlike Ebay adverts seem to be all about protecting the sellers these days , no matter how sleazy they are...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement