Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

Dearbhla is the only reason I watch this show. That and the vain hope that FC airs a Fair City after the watershed run of episodes and we see Jo and Dermot getting it on..... Always wondered if that is even anatomically possible... No wonder they have no kids of their own! God I hate her. And to think she teaches other people how to act.....
    I'd love to see that Jo wan being found out by runty Dermot. Something about her smug, patronising manner that really irritates me , and has done for years.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

maggienx wrote: »
    I'd love to see that Jo wan being found out by runty Dermot. Something about her smug, patronising manner that really irritates me , and has done for years.:mad:
    Well, according to her interview her character is loved by the public. You gotta wonder what public she's talking to - perhaps the same public that tell every politician they meet that they're going to give him/her their No.1.
    I'd be fairly confident she would top a "Most hated character on Fair City" poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Well, according to her interview her character is loved by the public. You gotta wonder what public she's talking to - perhaps the same public that tell every politician they meet that they're going to give him/her their No.1.
    I'd be fairly confident she would top a "Most hated character on Fair City" poll.

I actually don't hate the character Jo, I liked when they put Jo & Dermot together, I wish that they hadn't put Jo on the affair storyline because they were one couple who I thought worked well together but I am guessing they had to build up to an exit storyline for the actress...

She certainly wouldn't be my most hated character, I think the likes of Caoimhe sit top of the pile! :D

I think from reading that interview, she seems to have such a big ego and seeing as she has this "acting school" and name dropping it in there made me so angry and put me off the actress... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

unlikeable character in unlikeable actress shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Yeah, after that interview I kinda get the feeling that's she another one of Fair City's "playing herself" brigade. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

I think Tommy is genuinely evil, and I bet he will be a future serial killer.

He is completely concerned with himself. He lies and cheats without remorse. He is weirdly controlling about his daughters. He is charming on the surface, the way people always say psycopaths are. And his gardening business gives him a perfect place to bury the bodies.

I can't see him cracking under interrogation either. The story could run for years.

Said it before and I'll say it again, his character has all the hallmarks of a sociopath!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Why must Judith make so many of her sentences sound like questions?! It's so annoying!
    Dearbhla is actually a decent actor, I'm impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

loving dearbhla! can't wait for the fireworks when judith finds out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Just spotted Malachy saying mass in Love/Hate and not a sandwich in sight :eek:
    It also starred Farrah who was getting a good seeing to in a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,211 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »

That Farrah looked very old

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Which Farrah, #1, #2 or #3?

Also - with Malachy, did anyone say "Hey, it's the guy from Fair City"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

That was Dominic not Malachy.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That Farrah looked very old

Thats who she is I couldnt for the life of me place her!

I really hope Jo and Dermot dont split for good when this affair is revealed i think there actually quite cute together :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Which Farrah, #1, #2 or #3?

Also - with Malachy, did anyone say "Hey, it's the guy from Fair City"?

I liked Farrah 2, currently a nurse by day, werewolf by (moonlit) night, best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Doh ! Sorry I meant Dominic, how could I confuse him with Malachy ??
    I think it was Farrah # 3 and she did look old alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

John Deegen in trouble on liveline!

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    John Deegen in trouble on liveline!

How ridiculous was that guy having a go at Tommy (who plays Deegan) all because he picked a passenger up outside the Burlington, seemed like he had a problem with his past more so than what he did (he did nothing wrong either)... what an idiot.. Poor Tommy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Just spotted Dominic saying mass in Love/Hate
    and not a sandwich in sight :eek:

Did we see him hold up the bread and wine? I bet it was a tin of Dutch Gold and a big slice of Butterkrust.

Did they show the party in McCoys :confused: did I miss an episode?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did they show the party in McCoys :confused: did I miss an episode?

No, the party was on Saturday night. You can only see Carrigstown on a Saturday if that Saturday is also Christmas day.

• Advertisement

Peculiar ending to Fair City on Sunday. Whatsisname comes in to Joe and Dermot to sign a petitIon against dangerous driving or whatever. For some reason (can't remember why) they feel they can't sign it. Phone call from tone less voice Tommy to meet Jo urgently. Jo imediately offers to go round the neighbours to get signatures for the petition (excuse to meet Tommy). Dermot doesn't even think it odd!! Just let's her go off without a bye your leave. ...... Well, I thought it was a bit peculiar. :confused:

Anyway, looking forward to the fallout from Tommy's confession. :D

Peculiar ending to Fair City on Sunday. Whatsisname comes in to Joe and Dermot to sign a petitIon against dangerous driving or whatever. For some reason (can't remember why) they feel they can't sign it. Phone call from tone less voice Tommy to meet Jo urgently. Jo imediately offers to go round the neighbours to get signatures for the petition (excuse to meet Tommy). Dermot doesn't even think it odd!! Just let's her go off without a bye your leave. ...... Well, I thought it was a bit peculiar. :confused:

Anyway, looking forward to the fallout from Tommy's confession. :D

I think Dermot dont want himself and Jo to sign the petition over their guilt of selling Niamh's coat on ebay and taking Paul's money

I cant wait for Jo to leave she is some wagon cant stand her how anyone likes her is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Did anyone see Zumo on the Republic of Telly? I think its Decco's turn next!

max life wrote: »

Just reminded me...haven't seen Zumo in Carrigstown for ages. Wonder where he's supposed to be:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

angel01 wrote: »
    How ridiculous was that guy having a go at Tommy (who plays Deegan) all because he picked a passenger up outside the Burlington, seemed like he had a problem with his past more so than what he did (he did nothing wrong either)... what an idiot.. Poor Tommy :(
    Did you even listen to liveline???
    The first thing "poor Tommy" (ex violent criminal) did when he came
    on air was to admit that he was in the wrong and insisted on returning the fare.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Did you even listen to liveline???
    The first thing "poor Tommy" (ex violent criminal) did when he came
    on air was to admit that he was in the wrong and insisted on returning the fare.

Let me guess you are the other taxi driver :rolleyes: He has turned his life around, yet you feel the need to bring his past into it? Why bring up something that happened 30 years ago, He made mistakes and has turned his life around for the better. That should be commended.

Technically he didn't do anything wrong, as I can go anywhere in town and get into whatever taxi that I feel like, you don't have to go the first taxi in the rank...

Courtesy of the taxi regulator:
    At a taxi rank, the passenger may choose to travel in a taxi other than the one at the head of the queue.

See: http://taxiregulation.nationaltransport.ie/for-users/

Technically he broke no law and I can't say I blame him for wanting to get rid of the plate. In my opinion, most taxi drivers are aggressive idiots (excluding Tommy)

This story would never have featured on liveline, if it was any other driver involved, that other idiot, was just trying to create a story because Tommy is famous for being on the TV.. sad.

Back to Fair City.... :)

Just reminded me...haven't seen Zumo in Carrigstown for ages. Wonder where he's supposed to be:confused:

By the way....the actress who plays Judith. Did she used to be in Fair City years ago playing someone else?? Looks vaguely familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

By the way....the actress who plays Judith. Did she used to be in Fair City years ago playing someone else?? Looks vaguely familiar.
    I think she was the original Dolores Molloy

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Acting school hopefully

• Advertisement

I think she was the original Dolores Molloy

Which makes it extra ironic that Shelley boffed her husband.:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement