Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

That badge is worth at least 200 ft/lbs torque ya know:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

EPM wrote: »
    That badge is worth at least 200 ft/lbs torque ya know:pac:

Apparently it was stolen off some gob****e from Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I thought midnight sold that car to a gay couple...:confused::confused:

:pac:

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Apparently it was stolen off some gob****e from Cork

Vectra gone for a badgeless grill?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I thought midnight sold that car to a gay couple...:confused::confused:

Gary_ITR & Drummerboy08 Maybe :D

:pac:
    Vectra gone for a badgeless grill?!?

The wind ripped it off when I was going flat out :pac:

BTW
    How did your grill turn out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

vectra wrote: »
    BTW
    How did your grill turn out?

He threw it in the bin lol! That's where we got the badge from

LOL
    There is one for sale on Ebay painted Race blue already

Last I saw of it the thing was being shoehorned onto the Supra...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

For a while I'd been hearing a rattle from the driver's door when going over bumpy terrain which I suspected to be the door itself moving around in the frame. Yesterday I adjusted the catch on the door frame inwards by a few mil, I did the other three doors while I was at it .

This has had an unbelievable affect on the driving experience - not only has the rattle gone from my door but the whole car just feels tighter and quieter. Could doors being loose(ish) in the frames cause excess flexing and twisting of the body?

Maybe it's in my head but I don't think so :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

For a while I'd been hearing a rattle from the driver's door when going over bumpy terrain which I suspected to be the door itself moving around in the frame. Yesterday I adjusted the catch on the door frame inwards by a few mil, I did the other three doors while I was at it .

This has had an unbelievable affect on the driving experience - not only has the rattle gone from my door but the whole car just feels tighter and quieter. Could doors being loose(ish) in the frames cause excess flexing and twisting of the body?

Maybe it's in my head but I don't think so :-)

What car is it? Doors are integral to the vehicle's rigidity. Crash a car with a door open and it's goodnight nurse.

• Advertisement

02 E39 525d Touring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Last I saw of it the thing was being shoehorned onto the Supra...

It's currently in the middle of a bonfire in the Darndale somewhere...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Today I made my car start by using the horn button, all worked perfect and she started within 2 seconds... until 5 seconds later the wire melted after earthing off the boss kit and started smouldering :pac:

Fun times :P

It's currently in the middle of a bonfire in the Darndale somewhere...:D

Bad luck. What are you going to replace the supra with:D

Bad luck. What are you going to replace the supra with:D

No, amazingly even the pikey's could separate the scrap Skoda parts from the Supra!

They appreciate the fact that it's related to a Hiace you see.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Fun times :P
    From the time you started with your horn until it melted was a mere 5 seconds?

Thought you'd gone to a clinic about that problem, Dutch? :p

***Looks at username - say no more***

He's stopped using that cream apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

***Looks at username - say no more***

ImpotentNoHorn is his real name :rolleyes: :P

Is he a first cousin to the Chinese guy "Wanhunglow" LOL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:p

Just because Dav, Doom and the guy who's currently having great fun manhandling your first girlfriend all over his workshop got Ross drunk at a beers, and I ended up roaming the site for a month with that username don't make it so! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm soaked from head to toe, got pissed off at the rain so I just stayed at it, why I didn't go into the shed is beyond me lol.

Two shocks done, and one tie rod.

Shocks I've done many a time before, the tie rod was an absolute bastard. A 32 mm spanner though through the engine bay onto the nut at the end, impossible to get more than a quarter turn. Eventually got it out and back in again.

I'm after giving up on the drivers one. There is absolutely no room down the side of the engine and to drive get a massive 32 spanner onto the bolt is a pain.

Tea a sandwich and I'll go back at it. The rain has stopped now, hopefully it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Winters gone on to the spare rims for the Esty

Got it done. There was a gap in the subframe to get at it, still a pain in the arse those.

Was just putting the wheel on and it started pissing rain, I haven't got spigot rings and I bust the screw that holds the disc in place so it's going to be a balls to line the wheel up.

On the other hand, I'm mildy excited about driving the car with the new rods, as the old ones were shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

As a result of reversing into a Bollard on Friday, I today put a new boot lid and rear bumper on my S60. Looks good as new now but it was some fiddly job getting the old parts off to put new ones on. Bit if a nightmare actually! The only good thing was is that I sourced the parts which were already the same colour as the car:) I'm so relaxed now knowing it's been done.

bought my "official first" car last weekend. 2001 1.8l Opel Astra Bertone Coupe in mint condition. Only 50k miles on the clock and specced to the max. Heated leather seats are far too comfortable on the way to work!

How will I ever go back to normie-spec models? Only £2k too...

Big Thank you to Limerick Man for casting a quick eye on my post in the "used car buying guide" thread too.

bought my "official first" car last weekend. 2001 1.8l Opel Astra Bertone Coupe in mint condition. Only 50k miles on the clock and specced to the max. Heated leather seats are far too comfortable on the way to work!

Always liked those cars, well wear with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Big Thank you to Limerick Man for casting a quick eye on my post in the "used car buying guide" thread too.

Throw a pic up on the 'heres a pic of my yoke' thread (or words to that effect) :)

E39MSport wrote: »
    Throw a pic up on the 'heres a pic of my yoke' thread (or words to that effect) :)

Will have to wait till Weekend to do it justice, it's dark when I go to work and dark when I get out!

Will get a few photos up this weekend though, should've just saved the pics that the guy had posted on gumtree!

• Advertisement

388778_10150912718590176_805400175_21705245_1442970641_n.jpg

That was the "bolt" and the size of the spanner with the gap in the axle for the far side. Absolute pain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement