Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar cut off artist's fingers...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

From Finglas and here was me thinking he might of been from Howth:rolleyes:

Theres a lovely refreshing sound of silence from the Liberals and do-gooders.

I expected them all in the thread crying and whining about the guys poor aul childhood. telling us how we never walked a mile in Kennys shoes...how his aulfella battered him, and he had to go robbing and stealing.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭bitter_lemon

Domo230 wrote: »
    How the f*** did he only get 4 years for that?

He should have been locked up for life.
    Its times like these that the death penalty sounds like a good cheap solution.
    this happens all the time. it is a reflection of our politically correct human rights society. that is all i can say.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Theres a lovely refreshing sound of silence from the Liberals and do-gooders.

I expected them all in the thread crying and whining about the guys poor aul childhood. telling us how we never walked a mile in Kennys shoes...how his aulfella battered him, and he had to go robbing and stealing.

:rolleyes:
    give them time - they always get the upper hand - that is just the way it is. you would know that none of them have never been affected by real brutal crime in their lifetime. they reach out and help these scumbags. the samaritans and st vincent de paul are the worst culprits! the whole legal system is to blame. love to know how they can sleep in their beds at night but money talks and conscience goes out the window.

i will say this now. i was at his trial. i am a prison officer. i lived with him. i will treat him the same as any other because if you don't you will just go mad.

that is the only road i can go down. i treat them all the same. if i didn't i would go mad:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I agree with a lot of what you say bitter_lemon, but not about the St Vincent dePaul or the Samaritans. They both do seriously good work in the community. Work government should be doing. I really don't see how they can be put within an asses roar of "liberal do gooders".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

I'm just a normal guy, and in the past most of the time i would have had sympathy and try to figure out as to why a perpetrator would have committed such a crime, and look at ways society as a whole could help rehabilitate certain individuals........ But those sentiments have long since left me:mad: i'm sick of hearing **** like this, four bloody years, it makes me ill ! If that girl was a relation/friend of mine i would be fuming at the "system", and would make it my personal business to meet up with the guy in the near future, im not proud of saying that....but Jesus, FOUR YEARS !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

4 years sounds utterly daft. Is it me or do assaults during burglary count for less when sentencing is handed out? Or is it that the main charge is the burglary and the assault becomes secondary? I can't imagine the same human detritus getting off with 4 years if he had attacked two people in the street and stabbed one of them 14 times.

I'll quite happily state this though. In the event of me finding an intruder in my home, he or they better pray they have the upper hand, because if I do...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of what you say bitter_lemon, but not about the St Vincent dePaul or the Samaritans. They both do seriously good work in the community. Work government should be doing. I really don't see how they can be put within an asses roar of "liberal do gooders".
    let me set the scene. i used to loads of work with human rights but i have changed a full circuit.
    i am sure they do good vital work in the communities where people want to change (i have seen their work and i agree) and i do admire that but not in prisons.

i do admire your passion. really i do. ;) (i was that soldier)
    but this thread is about some scumbag being in prison. and it galls me to see the smaritans trying to smuggle them in smokes. you know (i hope) and i know that they are just making a laugh of them. the amount of times i have seen them ringing the helpline for "a laugh". they do it to their face even. and when they visit it is just a circus. i think they are not aware of this. i don't know why. its so obvious. they are used and abused. but bless them if they do not realise that they are so so not streetwise. but hey if it makes themselves feel better about themselves :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭0verblood

WHAT THE FUCK CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS???

When people say that all we do is complain and shout "Rise up against this bullshyte" on boards.ie and do nothing in real life, I want to ask where the feck do I start? I don't know anything about the judiciary system other than it being a worthless ball of shyte.

Who can we email or call? Whoever we just elected - can they do anything about this?

This man deserves to be stabbed in the face, tortured by blowtorch to the japs eye, then thrown into the middle of the Atlantic.

Back in the day, he would have had a welcoming committee of the other wags in prison. The used to have what they called the Jockey Club, years ago in the joy, mainly welcoming the Nonces.
    Nowadays, they are all cut from the same cloth. Prison will be easy for him.
    No hot oil and sugar for him. Mores the pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

tommy21 wrote: »
    The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

Four years???? Wtf? Would stabbing someone TEN times be considered attempted murder?

How do you only get four years for that?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HicksLennon

Just took this from a newspaper article and cannot believe it.... 4 years

Kenny has a number of previous convictions for theft and a conviction for a serious assault. In that incident he broke into the home of a man and tied him up. When the man tried to escape he stabbed him repeatedly. The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

Now he's got 16years. It seems unbelievable how a monster like was initially only given 4 years!!!???? Absolutely crazy. Cannot understand it. He gets out and then butchers an artist... What a system we have...

He will be let out again and will probably offend again... Absolutely awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Instances like this I wish Ireland was more like Iran. the artist's hands are borne of crafting, creative, caring this guy was a destructive thief and a mug whose hands' only creative pontential in comparison was masturbating

To just cut his hands off is the ultimate retribution and perturbing solution here, does the victim have that option? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Just took this from a newspaper article and cannot believe it.... 4 years

Kenny has a number of previous convictions for theft and a conviction for a serious assault. In that incident he broke into the home of a man and tied him up. When the man tried to escape he stabbed him repeatedly. The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

Now he's got 16years. It seems unbelievable how a monster like was initially only given 4 years!!!???? Absolutely crazy. Cannot understand it. He gets out and then butchers an artist... What a system we have...

He will be let out again and will probably offend again... Absolutely awful

oh look, its groundhog day! all of that was covered in the first few posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

give them time - they always get the upper hand - that is just the way it is. you would know that none of them have never been affected by real brutal crime in their lifetime. they reach out and help these scumbags. the samaritans and st vincent de paul are the worst culprits! the whole legal system is to blame. love to know how they can sleep in their beds at night but money talks and conscience goes out the window.

i will say this now. i was at his trial. i am a prison officer. i lived with him. i will treat him the same as any other because if you don't you will just go mad.

that is the only road i can go down. i treat them all the same. if i didn't i would go mad:mad:

So, this post, and much of the thread made me think of this little gem:

http://youtu.be/pNID0kQrDk8

Remember, trying to understand and address the causes of crime is the exact same as excusing it. ****in' St. Vincent de Paul!

As it happens, 16 years seems to meet the gravity of the crime in this case. Which is refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Stories like this make me ashamed to be Irish.

Our legal system is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Dave! wrote: »
    I don't trust the judiciary in this country one bit, they are absolute handicaps.
    And not paid half enough, so they think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

breaking in to someone's house and harming them in any way should be a mandatory death sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Hope someone cuts off his fingers in prison, poor woman has the real life sentence here, he deserves the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

breaking in to someone's house and harming them in any way should be a mandatory death sentence

merely passing the washing line with that in mind equates to crossing the line tbh.

I recommend we all sift right from wrong in order to become judge and jury because this beuracratic shìt ain't workig. No guns though, no cowards. electrified barge pole if you must

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hopefully all this guys fingers will be cut off in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

How long will this ****er actually serve in prison before he is free to re-offend? The key should be thrown away on scum like this and life imprisonment on a chain gang should be the sentence but let's rehabilitate him instead. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Someone call Dexter;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Instances like this I wish Ireland was more like Iran. the artist's hands are borne of crafting, creative, caring this guy was a destructive thief and a mug whose hands' only creative pontential in comparison was masturbating

Why stop there. I'd cut off his balls too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

16 years..ffs, nowhere near long enough for a repeat offender with a history of sadistic violence. I don't support the death penalty but life in prison until he dies should be the only option in a case like this, he's clearly a massive threat to the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

tommy21 wrote: »
    In that incident he broke into the home of a man and tied him up. When the man tried to escape he stabbed him repeatedly. The man escaped and then Kenny stabbed the man’s partner 10 times. He received a four-year sentence for that offence.

The only sentence that fella should get involves an axe and chopping block.

As to the four year sentence for the above paragraph, thank you liberal Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

He's just scum... throw away the fking key.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Ste_D

I think part of the problem here is certainly - as pointed out - the ridiculously short sentence handed out. But also, the lad is going to be in the joke of a system that the liberals have reduced our prison system to. He will most likely spend his time learning from other complete scumbags, hitting the gym to become more of a physical threat and chilling out and watching telly at the tax payers expense the rest of the time.

Prison is meant to be a deterrent. A lot of these scumbags do not see it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Ah yes, the liberals fault!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Dave! wrote: »
    4 years?!

Go and fvcking sh*te.

I don't trust the judiciary in this country one bit, they are absolute handicaps.

Are you calling the good name of the Judiciary into question?

Cause I lol'd there :D

You're dead fcuking right too.

This is just one of those other unbelievable things that happen here.

There's no re-educating this animal anyway.
    What's the point in trying?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement