Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well, looks like the Phoenix Wright Miike adaptation is going to be startlingly faithful to the source material. All that's missing is having a bizarre, feature-heavy clock version of The Thinker as the main McGuffin, and we've got a hit on our hands!

phoenix.jpg

If they get Maya Fey right it will be my favourite film ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If they get Maya Fey right it will be my favourite film ever.

Bastard judge > Fey.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bastard judge > Fey.

No!
    He was more of a dumbass anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Only if you like lots of variety in your FPS and TPS games. Everything is too confined to specific genres at the moment and there's only a bit of the craziness of the PS1 and PS2 era for me.

I'd actually agree with you. Odd feeling.

Well it's not exactly a bad era for games, just not as many games reaching out and slapping me with their brilliance. However, again the best games come at the end of a console life cycle, there's still some time and we are gettin some top quality stuff lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Neat gif:

Va8Bn.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That gif reminds me of Kirbys Dreamland coming to the 3DS, in the 3D Classics range!
    It's probably going to be the first of the series that will show off it's potential, well I hope so.
    It is my favourite Nes game, I have it for my console and is a relatively sophisticated title, making me wonder how far away can SMB3 and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That gif reminds me of Kirbys Dreamland coming to the 3DS, in the 3D Classics range!
    It is my favourite Nes game

Sorry if it comes up wrong I'm using my phone (I'll fix it later)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Only if you like lots of variety in your FPS and TPS games. Everything is too confined to specific genres at the moment and there's only a bit of the craziness of the PS1 and PS2 era for me.

Well nobody said it's the greatest console of all time, there's variety there if you look for it. Oh that's right...you've a lowly PAL locked machine don't you...I see now :p

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well nobody said it's the greatest console of all time, there's variety there if you look for it. Oh that's right...you've a lowly PAL locked machine don't you...I see now :p

Not sure a PAL locked machine is a bad thing.Other than a few bullet hell games that /i've not much interest in there's really nothing worth importing on the 360.

• Advertisement

Not sure a PAL locked machine is a bad thing.Other than a few bullet hell games that /i've not much interest in there's really nothing worth importing on the 360.

Just quoting that to show everyone. You seen it here first folks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Disturbing Pikachu rat taxidermy contained within:

http://chimpom.jp/?p=custom&id=13357621

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just quoting that to show everyone. You seen it here first folks

I'd kill for a jtaggable 360 for my cab.

Can't find one anywhere :(

If I do get one eventually is it worth stripping the thing naked and mounting it on a board inside the cab to help with cooling?

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'd kill for a jtaggable 360 for my cab.

Can't find one anywhere :(

If I do get one eventually is it worth stripping the thing naked and mounting it on a board inside the cab to help with cooling?

Yeah they've gotten rarer recently, but you'll get one. There's a thread in console modding where we're allowed sell modified consoles, keep your eyes open there as in the first incarnation of the thread a good few were sold.

Cooling wise, in a candy where space is a premium I suppose decased is better. You'd be better modding an extra fan onto the 360 chassis, & ramping up the stock fans to 65/70% through Freestyle Dash.

Edit - Also the new glitch hack should very soon make all but the most recent 360's jtaggable. They have it running emulators, & XeXmenu I believe...when you see it running FSD or any of the rebooters you should pick one up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Edit - Also the new glitch hack should very soon make all but the most recent 360's jtaggable. They have it running emulators, & XeXmenu I believe...when you see it running FSD or any of the rebooters you should pick one up.

I'm waiting for that too, have a nice Jasper Elite here that I've been keeping off live just incase. You can never have enough jtags imo. :pac:

Yeah they've gotten rarer recently, but you'll get one. There's a thread in console modding where we're allowed sell modified consoles, keep your eyes open there as in the first incarnation of the thread a good few were sold.

Cooling wise, in a candy where space is a premium I suppose decased is better. You'd be better modding an extra fan onto the 360 chassis, & ramping up the stock fans to 65/70% through Freestyle Dash.

Cheers, I'm following that thread for the last while but no jtag 360 recently.

I'm guessing they aren't allows to sell them on ebay?

I've also been keeping an eye on that glitch hack. Would be very nice indeed to get a slim 360 hacked and modded inside the candy.

Cheers, I'm following that thread for the last while but no jtag 360 recently.

I'm guessing they aren't allows to sell them on ebay?

I've also been keeping an eye on that glitch hack. Would be very nice indeed to get a slim 360 hacked and modded inside the candy.

You used to be able to get them on ebay, why you can't is beyond me. In its natural state, a jtag can't play backup discs any more than an modified console can. Firmware flashing & jtagging are two completely different mods.

You used to be able to get them on ebay, why you can't is beyond me. In its natural state, a jtag can't play backup discs any more than an modified console can. Firmware flashing & jtagging are two completely different mods.

Yeah, well if you ever come across one and don't need it let me know :rolleyes:

Would love to get that mod done with the huge hard drive installed inside the case. Very handy indeed.

Yeah, well if you ever come across one and don't need it let me know :rolleyes:

Would love to get that mod done with the huge hard drive installed inside the case. Very handy indeed.

Their like Candy Cabs though...ya kinda need two of them :D I've two setup for system link games etc pretty cool so they are. I done the internal drive mod on one of them, not sure if I'll bother on the 2nd one though as they're capable of using usb hdd's for read/write access, & not just for the forst 16GB like the stock consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

there is no need for a jtagable console anymore. Any console can be modded with the reset glitch hack. Google "RGH Dash" or have a look on http://www.xbox-scene.com/

there is no need for a jtagable console anymore. Any console can be modded with the reset glitch hack. Google "RGH Dash" or have a look on http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Thats grand if you like libx only ;) No rebooters or games from hdd just yet.

:D
    31768023800100924811017.jpg

There's only been 1 game where I found the DLC was worth it, Fallout 3. Been disappointed with everything else, it feels like a junior team was making it or it was taking from the cutting room floor, levels that were cut for a puspose i.e. they weren't great in the first place.

Scott Pilgrims Knives Chau DLC would be worth it (160 MS points for an extra character for an 800 point game that I feel was at a good price to begin with) except for the fact that I've got 40 MS points that in all likelihood I'll never get rid of making it a -27/10 game add-on instead of 9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

My PC isn't up to running it, so I opted for this version:

JpJPJ.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI, I couldn't have said it better myself!

I am just starting Batman AC and while it is excellent the manner in which the Catwoman missions are locked away is incredible, purely done to punish peope who preorder.

At least with the likes of Burnout Paradise and Oblivion you actually got downloads of substance with genuinely new content.

Lately you realise you are unlocking content already on the disk, it all feels like a cynical money grabbing, profit padding exercise, probably because that's exactly what it is!

I mean, with regard to Batman, have I not paid enough? 55 euro for a game with lots of content locked away. Outfits and other material, there on the disk but only available at a premium.
    And, inspite of the wonderful nature of the game, it does leave you with a sour taste in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

DinoRex wrote: »
    My PC isn't up to running it, so I opted for this version:

JpJPJ.jpg

Pure SMUT !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So if I get a jtag 360 and hook it to my cab what can i do then?

and yes I know yoda_noob-12275.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So if I get a jtag 360 and hook it to my cab what can i do then?

If you have a nice hdd attached you can install your games to it and play without having to leave a disc in the drive, games from any region. You pretty much don't need a dvd drive actually as you can ftp games/files/whatever over to it. You can ofc download games and install them too, but that's a bad thing as Ciderman is always telling us (;)). You can get 360 pads modded so they can be connected directly to your control panel if you like, once the game allows you to use the DPad for movement and doesn't need the trigger buttons - controlling games with your cab controls just makes it more authentic, you don't have to do that ofc.

Probably lots of other things you can do I can't think of. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement