Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland [Showtime - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Just finished the first episode there, looks like a keeper for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Good 2nd episode, its deffinitely keeping the pace going so far but im still not convinced it can go beyond a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

VinLieger wrote: »
    Good 2nd episode, its deffinitely keeping the pace going so far but im still not convinced it can go beyond a season.

I was thinking that the Brody thing is Season One, but that there will be bigger fish to fry in later seasons.
    It could be a runner, if they can keep it going. Great to see Mandy Patinkin again, and Morena Baccarin.

+1 for Rubicon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Seen the pilot last last, think we'll get alot of red herrings....Rubicon was far superior, i weep at it's loss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Strong second episode, this show is a winner imo

• Advertisement

While I loved Rubicon, I don't think that this is a Rubicon type show. It feels more like a 24 spin-off tbh.Or maybe, Sleeper Cell. It's a little early to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Just finished episodes 1 & 2. Looks very interesting, will keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bit of a wild theory here, but does anyone else think that
    Carrie is the person who was turned in Iraq? She was lured into a prison over there (the prisoner she spoke to may have been in on it) and she was taken away by the guards there. We have no idea what happened between then and the present day. The pills she is on for her own disorder might be dampening any effects (or memories) of her experience.

That's how Season 1 might pan out, then at the end of the season, something might happen to throw genuine suspicion on Nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Sol reminds me of the exact same character in the Bourne series. He talks, acts and looks exactly like the CIA fella in that!

Just saw Episode 2. What's with the spooky credits? With the focus on Carrie, perhaps she is the Red Queen in this.
    Oh, it's right back in Rubicon territory now, I like it.

The harem girls were a nice touch (cough).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

This reminded me very much of rubicon also - which was excellent

I think Damien Lewis is an excellent actor - perfect for the role in Life he had and equally perfect so far for this homeland role

I would not have known it was Claire Danes had I not been told beforehand - she seems v different from whatever films she was in

I though though the scene at the end of the second episode
    where he starts praying out loud in the garage was top notch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Def in my top 3 of new fall 2011 shows. Homeland, Playboy Club(RIP) and American Horror story.

I think we should stop with the Rubicon comparisons....the shows are nothing alike!

Have to catch up on ep. 2 yet....i'll do a double bubble and watch ep. 2/3 in one go :-)

I don't know where this is going

Is he a patriot? A double agent? Is he betraying everybody or nobody? Triple crossing?
    Mind blown :eek:

The scriptwriters have given nothing away even with the
    praying as a Muslim in the garage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I haven't seen the third episode yet, but so far I've gotten the impression that he wants to use his "Hero" card to move into a political position perhaps? The ending of episode 1, coupled with his eventual confrontation with the press outside his house.
    But it's clear that whether he's working for the US or not, he's conflicted, no doubt as a result of torture etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Its very interesting so far, nothing really happened in episode 3 to advance the plot which is what i was afraid might happen.
    Reavealing his religion only to the audience is an odd step and is deffinitely a hook to keep us guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 85,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just watched the first eppo, absolutely class!! Gonna catch up quick tonight

Enjoyed the third episode. I like the way that the pieces are slowly coming together, and not entirely in the manner that you would have imagined.
    I have a good feeling about this show, I'm going to stick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Episode 2, pretty good.

Brody's going to have a hard time maintaing all the different lives he has now - the media one, family, torture/flashbacks and his secret/garage one. Glad they don't have video feed in the garage, not everything is doing to drop into Carrie's lap all that easily. Gotta figure that Brody will notice the guy tailing him if he's around again.

Not sure about Carrie's sister writing prescriptions...can understand Carrie wanting to keep her condition off the CIA's radar, just maybe a little...but I'll let that go. Good to see Michael McKean, but here's hoping there's more to him than a judge Saul has leverage over.

Solid third episode. An uncomfortable moment for Brody's wife when he was er, exercising his little soldier. Find it hard to read what's going on in his mind some of the time, how much of the rituals and such he feels he has to adhere to and what he's at with his daughter, if anything.

The loss of Carrie's asset was inevitable. Good catch on the jewelry. Enjoying Mandy Patinkin's character, too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Speaking of his daughter - he was away for 8 years, how is he so comfortable around her? She would've been only a little girl when he left? There's an awkwardness with his son that seems a little more believable.

It also seemed to strongly suggest he already knows well about the wife and Mike, and he just has to accept it and move on - hope the rest of the show does that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Really loving this show, definitely the best new drama of the season.
    Some PTSD stuff possibly going on with the buck, or Brody covertly getting back at his wife.They seem to be hinting at the plan to get into some political inner circle (perhaps for an assassination).
    I'm also liking the sleeper couple and the anonymous tip off. It sounded American, which is interesting - maybe a double agent?

Also a ballsy move with Carrie making face to face contact with Brody, really well done. I'm sure the guy who's going to be tailing her will have a lot to report on...

All in all, suspenseful, tight, and a little disturbing. Highly recommended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Almost everyone has something on someone else here. Dana knows about her mother and Mike, so does Brody. Saul had Carrie on a 4 week deadline (glad they progressed that a bit, by the way), now David is looking for something on Carrie and he's dangling a promotion in front of the analyst guy if he can find something on her. And the politician was hinting at something for David.

Re the terrorism/intelligence plot itself - interesting re the professor's wife, clearly they're fairly surveillance aware, or whoever's funding them is. Not sure if she's fully in on it or might actually be working against him. The political stuff is unavoidable, but I don't mind it.

I'm a little undecided on the final scene when Carrie drops in on Brody just before the support groups starts. Slightly baffled by it, however it's typical Carrie, but I did like as it was a little unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Am up to episode 2, with 3 and 4 at hand to watch soon. It's a good idea, and so far have found it enjoyable, but once we find out the "questionable" factor of Brody - where will the show go? 5 seasons of drag?

I also find a few small things not well thought through. e.g. they wouldn't just send him home to his wife & kids so soon, seemingly no/very little psychotherapy on someone who would be suffering PTSD.

Still, its watchable. Must be the boobs engaging acting of Claire Danes.

Have to watch ep. 2/3/4....might reserve it for the Winter hiatus period.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I've watched the first 5 episodes, most definitely one of my favourite shows atm. It's absolutely top quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I've watched the first 5 episodes, most definitely one of my favourite shows atm. It's absolutely top quality!

Completely agree. Top notch stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Great episode again this week, story moved on nicely and a few more questions thrown up. Definitely my favourite new show this year.

• Advertisement

Was looking forward to this over the summer and it didn't disappoint

Top class show

I still have no idea how it's going to go though it's clear where the razor blade came from. But alas it can't be proved and so nothing will be done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement