Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

keithgeo wrote: »
    wow

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/1/1013395

One sold for about 250 euro on ebay a few years ago apparantly..

Attention, Managerman.

Get out of the gene pool, you're ruining it for the rest of us.

Signed,
    Creation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

The reply to this ad is hilarious.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-nes/1013638

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

1000th post

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

s8n wrote: »
    1000th post

Hurray.....?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

I'm sure you realise they are Japanese games so you need a Jap Saturn or a modified one.

JogOn.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gflood wrote: »
    I'm sure you realise they are Japanese games so you need a Jap Saturn or a modified one.

Nope, just need an action replay 4 in 1, and if you don't have one of those you don't deserve to own a saturn.

I sold my saturn a few weeks ago to finance my Naomi but should have a jap one on the way soon.

What you reckon about that auction though, few of those were uncommon if im right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not really, and a lot would be unplayable without japanese but for 80 smackers it was a great price for some great games in great condition.

• Advertisement

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Yep, some good titles in that lot sold for relatively little all together. If you flipped the ones you didn't want, you would get a few bob back at least.

I'm not really in to buying lots like that, unless a game I really want features in it and I can get the lot super cheap. It's always a risk going that route as you may end up with 16 copies of FIFA 97 just to get that 1 copy of Densha de Go Vol. 57.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Theres a few arcade machines on donedeal at the minute -

The Simpsons!

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/2444849

Mortal Kombat -

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/2444819

looking at 790 each for these though.

heres another couple including a T2, golden tee and a pinball machine for 450 each.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/2523224

keithgeo wrote: »
    Theres a few arcade machines on donedeal at the minute -

The Simpsons!

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/2444849

"Front panel has a bit of wear and tear on it" looks like Rawhead Rex got at that thing. Still though, its a want!

Rawhead Rex

Awesome film. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@Pyongyang: Great 1000 Rally 1 for sale over on AO for £35, he says UK only but worth asking if he'd post, wheel or joystick he says too.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17912

You're verging on requiring a health warning for your posts! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Awesome film. :)
    jaysus ! I knew a guy who was an extra in that film!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    @Pyongyang: Great 1000 Rally 1 for sale over on AO for £35, he says UK only but worth asking if he'd post, wheel or joystick he says too.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17912

I request Andrew76 and o1s1n be banned from posting in this thread from now on. :pac:

Just bought Great 1000 Miles Rally to sit next to my Great 1000 Miles Rally 2 PCB. Completed set. Hurrah! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I request Andrew76 and o1s1n be banned from posting in this thread from now on. :pac:

Just bought Great 1000 Miles Rally to sit next to my Great 1000 Miles Rally 2 PCB. Completed set. Hurrah! :)

:pac:

It was a steal at that price, delighted for you! The more PCBs and cabs round these parts the better I say. :)

• Advertisement

I have to bashfully admit it was a great price. Especially considering prices I've seen wheel only boards go for. I couldn't really let that one go, thanks a lot for the heads up. I'm happy to go without food for the next week, safe in the knowledge that I have a complete Mille Miglia collection! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Blah.. if only I lived in Cork..
    http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/amiga-stuff/1031089

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I agreed to buy a couple of them. If they are actually fully sealed i'm keeping them sealed for nice little investment pieces, if not i'm not interested and will leave him bad feedback and report for advertising them sealed. I'm going in the morning to collect and will report back on condition. Does anyone know how they are supposed to be sealed, because i can't seem to find any online to compare with? I'd assume just a seal sticker over the flap, but i'd like to know if they are supposed to be in cellophane so i don't end up buying them if they've been opened.

I agreed to buy a couple of them. If they are actually fully sealed i'm keeping them sealed for nice little investment pieces, if not i'm not interested and will leave him bad feedback and report for advertising them sealed. I'm going in the morning to collect and will report back on condition. Does anyone know how they are supposed to be sealed, because i can't seem to find any online to compare with? I'd assume just a seal sticker over the flap, but i'd like to know if they are supposed to be in cellophane so i don't end up buying them if they've been opened.

Well if memory serves me right (going back 14 years here :eek:) the box wasn't sealed or anything, just a sticker on the flap.

I don't think there was even a sticker on the flap.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I don't think there was even a sticker on the flap.

I'm sure there was but I could be thinking of the PS2.

There should be green tape on the protective foam stuff on the console anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Well, I got my PS1 in 1997 (should one give a 5 year old a PlayStation? :P), and I do remember a little white sticker going vertically along the back of it, but no plastic sealing on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Going to get a couple as well. Never had a playstation. I remember at time, I had enough money to buy a console. Went into xtravision, back when it was good, and had choice between ps1 and n64.
    Got n64 and mario kart, goldeneye, mario 64 and buck bumble. Great games and loved it. Unfortunately they never got another game in for n64 and they never rented one. This was back in the day that not everyone had a car, so I never ever got another game for n64!
    Resorted to rented a ps1!:rolleyes: renting consoles. Those were the days. Twisted metal and tekken. Lost whole days. First reaction to playstation. Wow CDs! Omg actually video clips!!!!
    Has to be the worse purchase I ever made and that age where the heck did I get the cash to buy a console? Not bad as in console was crap but bad as in I had only 4 games!
    Despite this when had choice between ps2 and Gamecube. Guess what I got. Even got it again when brother broke Gamecube. Although there was better support for the Gamecube and was easier to get games.
    Ah late 90's and early 00's, the halcyon days for my gaming.
    Sorry bit of a ramble there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement