Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options
1485486487488489491»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I agree it really stood out last night how many overweight people are on the show, but it'd be unrealistic for FC to turn into hollyoaks with barbies everywhere. Ireland as a country is getting fatter. I've even been noticing caoimhe has been getting a bit porky, bit of a double chin going on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Isnt she always?:D

But is a pain in the butt most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

max life wrote: »
    Its hard to believe that nobody on set has not said anything to him about this. Surely one of the directors should say something to him...

Do you not think he's just portraying Charlie as pompous? He turns the posh accent up when he's trying to be a public figure or head of the community. Then he talks in his normal accent when he's chatting to his mates. It's not as if he suddenly sounds Jamaican every ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

wine lover wrote: »
    Why are there so many fat people in FF? It is a good idea for them to go to WW, maybe Katherine Thomas should pay them a visit.
    Only Vivianne springs to mind for fat women in FC tbh.

vivienne, jo, niamh, barry, carol, dermot, denzo, zumo, wayne, damien, amongst others. Not all what some people would call 'fat' but most certainly overweight for their heights. Or is it the camera adding the pounds! :/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Council workers, what should be a 1 hour job will take 2 days and plenty of tea and hang sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

C-J wrote: »

vivienne, jo, niamh, barry, carol, dermot, denzo, zumo, wayne, damien, amongst others. Not all what some people would call 'fat' but most certainly overweight for their heights. Or is it the camera adding the pounds! :/
    Jo, Niamh and Carol fat or most definitely overweight??? What? They all seem to be at a healthy weight. The camera adding pounds is bs and women shouldn't be posing weight because of it.
    Vivienne could definitely lose some weight though. The weight certainly doesn't sit well on her. But the others are fine and putting them on some slimstar diet will only worsen women's paranoia about there weight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Barry was the editor of a paper, now he's in charge of a newsletter and yet he types with only two fingers?
    That's believable :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Do you not think he's just portraying Charlie as pompous? He turns the posh accent up when he's trying to be a public figure or head of the community. Then he talks in his normal accent when he's chatting to his mates. It's not as if he suddenly sounds Jamaican every ten minutes.
    Yeah you could be right. I never thought about it like that. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Why were five people giving out the newsletter beside each other outside Vinos??? Surely it would make more sense to spread out over the whole of Carrigstown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Why were five people giving out the newsletter beside each other outside Vinos??? Surely it would make more sense to spread out over the whole of Carrigstown?

Shortage of cameramen??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

I think they were actually spread out over the whole of Carrigstown. That line must have stretched out at least ten feet along the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You must have a perfect figure then? :rolleyes:

You know what, I don't judge people by what they look like either on a soap or in real life, they have feelings and by you having a go at them like that on here is not right.

People shouldn't judge on appearance and life isn't as clear cut as being a perfect size 10. I am glad I am not so judgemental myself. There is more to life than being a perfect figure.

angel01 wrote: »
    You must have a perfect figure then? :rolleyes:

You know what, I don't judge people by what they look like either on a soap or in real life, they have feelings and by you having a go at them like that on here is not right.

People shouldn't judge on appearance and life isn't as clear cut as being a perfect size 10. I am glad I am not so judgemental myself. There is more to life than being a perfect figure.

ya i do actually because i look after myself and don't want to die of a heart attack. Men and women with belly fat are significantly more likely to suffer heart attack stroke diabetes. I'm looking at this from a health perspective not a judgemental one. The whole nation are watchin these people and if there was a storyline involving weight related illness and subsequent weight loss, it might encourage some viewers to do the same and god knows how many lives it will save. So don't attack me until you listen to what my real objective is or you're the one 'judging people' not me.

ya i do actually because i look after myself and don't want to die of a heart attack. Men and women with belly fat are significantly more likely to suffer heart attack stroke diabetes. I'm looking at this from a health perspective not a judgemental one. The whole nation are watchin these people and if there was a storyline involving weight related illness and subsequent weight loss, it might encourage some viewers to do the same and god knows how many lives it will save. So don't attack me until you listen to what my real objective is or you're the one 'judging people' not me.

That isn't what real life is like, we are not all perfect sizes and I would prefer FC show an accurate picture of what people look like, what size they really are and you know what, I don't care what size someone is, it is not their appearance that I am concerned with, it is what that is inside that counts.

I am reading very nasty posts regarding what actors are fat or not, we should be judging their acting, not their waist line.

You are lucky then because not all of us are as perfect as you, not everyone can lose weight as easy as maybe you can, not everyone can be as strong willed and determined as you.

I feel strongly on this topic and I can't even begin to imagine how hurtful it could be to read these posts if I was any of the actors listed and there is no need for these posts. No need at all.

angel01 wrote: »
    That isn't what real life is like, we are not all perfect sizes and I would prefer FC show an accurate picture of what people look like, what size they really are and you know what, I don't care what size someone is, it is not their appearance that I am concerned with, it is what that is inside that counts.

I am reading very nasty posts regarding what actors are fat or not, we should be judging their acting, not their waist line.

You are lucky then because not all of us are as perfect as you, not everyone can lose weight as easy as maybe you can, not everyone can be as strong willed and determined as you.

I feel strongly on this topic and I can't even begin to imagine how hurtful it could be to read these posts if I was any of the actors listed and there is no need for these posts. No need at all.

well yes obviously they have to reflect the reality in Ireland. Do you have any idea how many thousands upon thousands of people in Ireland lost weight and transformed their lives after Operation Transformation, so so many felt inspired to tackle their weight issues with the support of the leaders. I'm not being judgemental at all, i'm simply suggesting that if fair city run a similar storyline like a charity 'operation transformation' in the community then i'm sure thousands of people will also feel motivated. It's also a personal topic for me, I'm down to 8 stone after going up to 13stone while pregnant and it was a battle for me to stick with my healthy eating and exercise. I'm simply suggesting storylines that would be multidimensional i'm not going on a crusade I don't know why you're taking it personally

well yes obviously they have to reflect the reality in Ireland. Do you have any idea how many thousands upon thousands of people in Ireland lost weight and transformed their lives after Operation Transformation, so so many felt inspired to tackle their weight issues with the support of the leaders. I'm not being judgemental at all, i'm simply suggesting that if fair city run a similar storyline like a charity 'operation transformation' in the community then i'm sure thousands of people will also feel motivated. It's also a personal topic for me, I'm down to 8 stone after going up to 13stone while pregnant and it was a battle for me to stick with my healthy eating and exercise. I'm simply suggesting storylines that would be multidimensional i'm not going on a crusade I don't know why you're taking it personally

I am giving my opinion from my side of the fence and just sharing my opinion. Not everyone can do it and not everyone is able to do it. You have your opinion, I have mine.

That is good that they felt they were able to do that and well done for losing weight and I am taking nothing away from that.

I am just sharing my point of view, what I think and what I feel. I don't see the need to pick on the weights off several of the cast. It is like real life, people put on weight, not everyone will join weightwatchers or join the Gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Wayne? I always think of him as average, slim even!

Oh dear god I'm giving up! But just to point out that we NEVER see any of them exercising which surely isn't reflecting 'Real life?'. Nobody with a gym bag off for a swim or a run after work which is normal for most people. The only ones getting any form of exercise lately are jo & tommy!

Oh dear god I'm giving up! But just to point out that we NEVER see any of them exercising which surely isn't reflecting 'Real life?'. Nobody with a gym bag off for a swim or a run after work which is normal for most people. The only ones getting any form of exercise lately are jo & tommy!

Guess you missed Mark & Denzo talking about going to the boxing club or Zumo doing Karate and the community centre do keep fit classes as I remember Jo, Cass doing one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Well done Cian - I always thought you looked well. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Which raises the question what ever happened to "The Haven" - did that have a gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jumbo threads are being closed to reduce the load on the site.
    There is a new Fair City thread, so please use that from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement