Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

shazza_90 wrote: »
    took quick peep at scales too earlier and seems to tell me im up even though ive upped the exercise and stayed within my dailies each day ggrrrrr!!! and drank loads of water, 2-3 litres a day!!!!
    off out for my run now with the dog so hopefully this will help

If you increased your exercise are you are probably retaining fluids to help repair the muscles you are working. Generally you weigh more after exercise so don't be disheartened. You'll see the difference after your rest day I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Girls, do any of ye know how to get the ww uk iphone app? It seems to be only available in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ugh horrible day out, really wanted to go to the park near my new house :(

Think I will just focus on my shopping list and a new meal this week.

Saw a recipe on another site, looks tasty. Passata, basil, chopped garlic, chopped chilli and any other herbs you want, into an oven dish with chicken and bake for 25 minutes. Sounds yum going to cook it tonight and try those infamous wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

kind of a productive morning I've had so far

• Bacon is currently boiling(for my salads during the week)
    • Meringues are currently cooling(added some strawberry syrop to 1/2 the mix to get some flavoured ones)
    • all the meat bought yesterday has been devided out into single portions and is in the freezer.
    • small man's bottles for the day are made
    • small man's bottles for tomorrow are washed and in the seriliser(?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Morning All!

Haven't been on since Thursday - there were a lot of posts to get through! Well down Lainy on the 4lbs - so jealous!

This day next week I'm off to Barcelona so trying to be extra good this week so that I have a good loss on Thursday! Am really trying to do what my leader said and curb the treats and the bananas! Have not had a banana since Thursday and for me that is a long time :D Also trying to cut down on the treats but that work really starts today as I had a meal in a friends last night and used half my weeklies but sure that's what they are for.

In other news, I have to move house soon :( Home to my mam's :(:( OH and I need to save for our own house :) Am feeling very down about it at the min cos after two years of living in my own home, I really don't want to go home to live with my parents again or my 18yo brother :( Not sure how WW will go when I go home, as my dad does all the cooking and won't let anyone else in the kitchen :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I haven't had the best week :o I qualified this week, so there was lots of celebrations. I've used up some of my weeklies but I don't think it will be a great week on the scales :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

lizt wrote: »
    I haven't had the best week :o I qualified this week, so there was lots of celebrations. I've used up some of my weeklies but I don't think it will be a great week on the scales :mad:

Hey its not something that happens every week so dont beat yourself up about it, just enjoy in and get back into the swing of things again, if your up it will be gone in no time and I bet it was worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

LizT,congrats on qualifying! Sur you need to loosen the reins once in a while and this was surely an occasion for that!

Got my walk in first thing this morning cos the forecast is dire If it stays ok might go for a small one again later, had planned on doing a really long one as we didn't go yesterday.trying to absolutely do 5 days a week anyway.

We're going to The Old Convent restaurant in Tipperary next Friday night and staying overnight too, they serves an 8 course type of taster menu,been looking forward to this for so long. Gonna keep all my weeklies for it!

I know some of ye are into cooking, I always get the Good Food magazine and we often do a dish or two from it. At the end of each recipe it gives nutritional info which is really handy.

Gonna make a big pot of soup now, this week I'm going with carrot and coriander for a change.

Hope ye're all having a good weekend!

Oh meant to ask, does anyone use a skipping rope for exercising? Our leader recommended it at the meeting Thursday, said they were mighty for toning up etc. Must invest!

Caros wrote: »
    Oh meant to ask, does anyone use a skipping rope for exercising? Our leader recommended it at the meeting Thursday, said they were mighty for toning up etc. Must invest!

Skipping is great for everything! It really helps to build up stamina which is also great for the other types of exercise you do. You can skip in your own time at your own pace and it's very cheap to buy a rope. (At any decent sports shop)

There are lots of 'work out' style plans online with a rope which are good for starting off.There are plenty of variations and jump styles so you can build up intensity as you go on.

It is high impact though so if you haven't skipped much before don't start off doing too much and go for a swim to loosen up at the end of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

mullerlight Inspired by: yoghursts are DELISH! only 2pp a pot...going to use them instead of custard!

newyork cheesecake flavour! YUMMMMMMMMMM!

Also got Options Hot chocolate...Banoffee flavour! Cos I'm drinking Way too much caffine but I love my hot drinks!

Got my salad dressing, my pears, cous cous and some ww chocolate rolls thingys. My friend calling up tomorrow with her little person...so 1 packet of them covers us all...chocolate to keep him quite....and at least its low fat if me and her end up picking LOl

have pasta bake in the fridge defrosting for dinner :) Must make Lasagne later, as i have open carton of Passata in the fridge :)

I got a 12 pack of diet coke last weekend...and I've only had 2 cans all week hehe :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    kind of a productive morning I've had so far

• Bacon is currently boiling(for my salads during the week)
    • Meringues are currently cooling(added some strawberry syrop to 1/2 the mix to get some flavoured ones)
    • all the meat bought yesterday has been devided out into single portions and is in the freezer.
    • small man's bottles for the day are made
    • small man's bottles for tomorrow are washed and in the seriliser(?)

I do that aswell....portion my meat, just easier that way! Now especially as I have alot of the crap that was never going to be eaten thrown out...space is valuable in the freezer!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    mullerlight Inspired by: yoghursts are DELISH! only 2pp a pot...going to use them instead of custard!

newyork cheesecake flavour! YUMMMMMMMMMM!

Also got Options Hot chocolate...Banoffee flavour! Cos I'm drinking Way too much caffine but I love my hot drinks!

Got my salad dressing, my pears, cous cous and some ww chocolate rolls thingys. My friend calling up tomorrow with her little person...so 1 packet of them covers us all...chocolate to keep him quite....and at least its low fat if me and her end up picking LOl

have pasta bake in the fridge defrosting for dinner :) Must make Lasagne later, as i have open carton of Passata in the fridge :)

I got a 12 pack of diet coke last weekend...and I've only had 2 cans all week hehe :D

Are you sure they are not more? I had them before and thought thet were at least 3....:eek:

Micki wrote: »
    Are you sure they are not more? I had them before and thought thet were at least 3....:eek:

these are the 160g pots in the multipack not the 190g single pots

http://www.mullerdairy.co.uk/nutrition-information/muller-light-inspired

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hope ye're all having a good weekend, well done on all the great losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    guys,

these are the results for week 3. well done to all.

I'll remove the names of those that havent sent me a weight since week0 next week(however if thos people want to join again all they need to do is send my their weights again)

keep up the good work all

need to get me skates back on and get back up into the leaders slots

I need to up date my mini goals as I have recenty finished my last mini list which ended with getting into the 13'stone bracket

So here is the new list

I have lost 44lbs already

-48 20% starting weight gone....

-50 FIFTY BLOODY POUNDS GONE

-56 8 silver sevens

-58 12'stone bracket

-60 No longer offically Obese( still overweight)

Need to lose 2 a week for next 3 weeks as 1 of July was original target for 50lbs ....Yeek it will be first target missed if I do Whole load of other targets in me book but this is enough for NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

large eggs are 3pp. (large is 65g+)

medium eggs are 2pp (medium is 45g)
    1 medium egg is 2pp
    2 medium eggs are 4pp
    3 medium eggs are 5pp

I'm doing WW online with the UK site. Thats what there own database has them as

thanks lainy, everytime i weigh my medium eggs that are meant to be 45g, they actually seem to weigh nearer to 65g so thats why i was wondering so i consider them large eggs, thanks again, went to tescos myself today to fill up for the week

If you increased your exercise are you are probably retaining fluids to help repair the muscles you are working. Generally you weigh more after exercise so don't be disheartened. You'll see the difference after your rest day I'm sure.

thanks but i've already taken my rest day during the week so exercising now unitl wed, weigh in day!!! I increased my spinning class to four times a week so think i regret it now, was in the low tens and was hopefully aiming to see 9's for the first time ever in my life, will have to wait for another while i think

thanks lainy, everytime i weigh my medium eggs that are meant to be 45g, they actually seem to weigh nearer to 65g so thats why i was wondering so i consider them large eggs, thanks again, went to tescos myself today to fill up for the week

yeah i've noticed that too...but i'm in my bubble when it comes to eggs and ww! the box says medium i point as medium LOL i'm playing dumb and hoping for the best! LOL

Lots of cooking tomorrow :D Lasagne with a mix of chicken and quorn mince...an experiement....and also making that quiche tortilla thing for lunch
    (while the oven is on might as well try it)

• Advertisement

thanks but i've already taken my rest day during the week so exercising now unitl wed, weigh in day!!! I increased my spinning class to four times a week so think i regret it now, was in the low tens and was hopefully aiming to see 9's for the first time ever in my life, will have to wait for another while i think

Maybe you have plateaued, if you're going to a gym get one of the trainers to look at your exercise.. Your body could be so used to what you're doing it's no longer working you the way it was.. A simple change could make a huge difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gia K

the pasta bake is all made from scratch...there isnt any white sauce in it. and i make it with passta and Quorn. Altho tomorrow i'm making it with Chicken mince...cos i dont want to get sick of quorn.

It serves 4 (but i have it devided into two big portions...I like my BIG dinners...and i wont have it with any sides)

I got it from a cook book, and just pointed it my self.

Just posted a great Thai Beef Chilli Curry Recipe.
    Haven't made it yet, but might try it next week :D

How long do you cook Bran muffins for & at what temp?

aspie mum wrote: »
    I need to up date my mini goals as I have recenty finished my last mini list which ended with getting into the 13'stone bracket

So here is the new list

I have lost 44lbs already

-48 20% starting weight gone....

-50 FIFTY BLOODY POUNDS GONE

-56 8 silver sevens

-58 12'stone bracket

-60 No longer offically Obese( still overweight)

Need to lose 2 a week for next 3 weeks as 1 of July was original target for 50lbs ....Yeek it will be first target missed if I do Whole load of other targets in me book but this is enough for NOW

Fantastic achievement so far and you're so close to the rest of your goals too, well done!!!!
    I love how a lot of them are in 2 pound blocks!
    How long has it taken you to get to the 44 pounds?

Maybe you have plateaued, if you're going to a gym get one of the trainers to look at your exercise.. Your body could be so used to what you're doing it's no longer working you the way it was.. A simple change could make a huge difference!

ya but i have changed it in the last wk r 2, i have taken up jogging and swimming with less walking. Ya might say it to them anyway the next day im in, thanks, just going to keep doing my spinning this week and maybe a change for the following week, i just find it so disheartening after making such an effort this week that it hasnt shown. Someone was saying to eat a high protein diet and it should make a difference,so might try that, ill see, so depressed over it!

Gia K wrote: »
    How long do you cook Bran muffins for & at what temp?

25 - 30 mins. at about 180 or so....

recipe says 30 mins...but i turn off oven at 25 mins...and leave them go cold in the oven. they'll finish cooking in the heat of the oven

Fantastic achievement so far and you're so close to the rest of your goals too, well done!!!!
    I love how a lot of them are in 2 pound blocks!
    How long has it taken you to get to the 44 pounds?

Caros I lost 13 pounds last year between June and december joining and leaving and rejoining..........

Since Christmas and pro points started I have reguarly gone every week I have not missed one no matter how bad even the week I was up 8lbs from serious partying It is so Important to go every week if possible I and lost 31 pounds since christmas despite some serious blowouts but fiond that by drawing the line under them and getting weighed each week helps

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi all hope ye are all having a great weekend?

Lainy fab result on the WI well done you!! delighted for you :D

So pretty good weekend for me. Today has been so horrible out that I decided to do a massive cook off!

1. I made a lovely chilli - which is 3 dinners for me for the freezer and which is so so filling I love it with brown rice and am always stuffed after it!
    2. my favorite meatballs, with homemade Tomato & Basil sauce which is also 3 dinners 1 for today and 2 for the freezer & it leaves me with an extra portion of yummy Tomato and basil sauce which I freeze and pull out to do with a chicken breast or something so delighted with that 7 dinners done!
    3. Also made some summer BNS, pepper & tomato soup 1 jug for the freezer and one for the fridge, and
    4. I cooked a salmon fillet for my lunch tomorrow and some baby potato salad, and a mixed green salad, I have a long work day tomorrow so wanted to be pre- prepared with a nice protein rich lunch
    5. Chopped up 2 pineapples and one melon for the fridge which is for my lunches and afternoon snacks over the next few days!

So delighted with myself after that and a nice productive way to spend a miserable wet sunday - no I didn't go out for a walk or do any exercise! but I can't be a total saint!!

So Friday was a great test! one of the girls wanted to cook dinner and us all go over and catch up on the news and drink some vino, the last 3 times we've done this I've offered to do the cooking so I could control the food and what I eat and plus I don't mind cooking!! She decided to do home made Ravioli and salad, I was really good I only ate half of what she put in my bowl (which I counted as about 16pp) and I had no dressing on my salad and picked out the feta cheese - terrible to do to a host I know but eh my PP comes first!! I had 2 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of prosecco so yep serious dint in my weeklies which I don't mind but the best bit of the evening?! I didn't eat any of the snacks, she had bowls and bowls of tortilla chips, crisps, malteasers, jelly babies and peanuts out in the living room for ppl to snack on while she was cooking and to eat afterwards (we were up till 4am chatting!! LOL) I purposely sat in the chair furthest from the goodies and therefore was not in temptations way so my skinny mini friends had them right in front of them and were diving in all night! I swapped to sparkling water once I had finished my second glass of wine. So I was not dying with a hangover when I got up yesterday and I drank a litre and a half of extra water on Friday too so woo hoo!

She also had appletart and icecream which I can't eat so didn't have to worry about dessert either! I know this will sound silly but I was so thrilled with myself that I can have the willpower to avoid the sh1te food and not pick just cos it's there and not feel under an obligation to just eat whats in front of me in it's entirity. I just said that I was full when she queried why I didn't finish the pasta!

Also had some lovely compliments from some of the girls who said I was looking great and yesterday I was at my mums and one of the neighbors called me over and said that she's seen me lately and she doesn't know what I'm doing but whatever it is keep it up cos I'm looking great and quote 'the weight is falling off you'!!! woo hoo okay the weight is not fecking falling off me 22 pounds in 22 weeks so slow and steady but I'm loving that its now becoming noticeable! I think it's the 3rd half stone which is showing the difference!

I've also decided to switch my WI day from Friday's to Saturday's It'll suit my schedule a bit better because I find that I eat my dinner quite late on Thursday's and I find it affects my WI!! I have been weighing myself on both friday's and saturday's for the last 3 weeks and I'm always lighter on Saturdays! LOL so i decided to switch it but keep my Points as Friday to Thursday. But I've only counted the weightloss that show's on Friday not the extra on the saturday!

woo sorry for the long post folks! lets hope we all have a great week this week and that this rain does not stay down for the week so we can get out for our walks and runs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gia K

25 - 30 mins. at about 180 or so....

recipe says 30 mins...but i turn off oven at 25 mins...and leave them go cold in the oven. they'll finish cooking in the heat of the oven

Thanks a mil, gonna give the a go tmaro.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

Hey Lady Lainy i tried those Tesco Fish Cakes...nyom!!! and i also bought the tesco chocolate wafer bars, very nice also and get substitute to the expensive ww brand. OH is making zero point tomato soup now too : ) Great to have the support of the OH. He even updated my Tracker online while i was making the dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Had anyone tried the quorn chilli beef. I got it yesterday as I was really hungry after work and was looking for a really quick fix. I pointed the whole pack 400g at 6 points. You just needed to add a can of chopped tomatoes:) I had it with tesco steamed wild rice, 3 pp for a sachet! I had half the quorn yesterday and the other half today. I don't mind eating the same thing at at 6pps for each meal I was delighted.. Still sinking the water too so hoping for an okay Wi Tuesday.. Hoping not to be up after my hols.. Oh god I soooo missed my Wi last week!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement