Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ooooh so theres a few of us hitting 3stone mark around the same time :) i'm 4.4lbs away from 3stone.

Yaay - I'm 4.5 lbs off 3 stone too. :)

Some great losses here - well done everyone. And to those who gained - draw a line under it (like Monife - with a cheeky chipper! Love it!:p) and move on to this week.
    Good luck to all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

kashmir wrote: »
    :

Why don' t you just say, shut up you smart ar** :D you're so polite. Btw, you write-off this week and be good going forward.

Ok so.... shut up you smart @rs3!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Woo hoo :D Just in from my first WI and down 5 pounds, so chuffed, so loving the pro points and those 49 weeklies that allowed me to have a few drinks, a pack of crisps and a couple of chocolates! Happy day!

Thanks to everyone here who's been so inspirational!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Well yesterday was a disaster, so I'm going to forget about it and start fresh today. Have had 40g of rice krispies with 100ml of 1% fat milk for 5pp for breakfast.

Going to have a salad with 50g ham for 1pp and a hard boiled egg for 2pp for lunch, with balsamic vinegar - 0pp.

Not sure about dinner, it's payday tomorrow so there's feck all in the house :P

Going to also try and drink 3l of water today, and get at least 8hrs of studying done.

It's all planned, now all I have to do is stick to it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Just back and after the disaster that was Sunday and monday I am delighted to say I am down 0.5 lbs ( I had 2 eggs)..........oops

I really should be good this week in case it catchs up with me but have a big party tomorrow night( mum and Dad are married 50 years) so i have to go to limerick for the weekend as all the family are comming and all the english cousins are flying in plus 10 of us are going to the munster Match on saturday i think i will just write off friday and saturday and work the rest of the week with out weeklies....wont be drinking friday night so I should have some control of my self at the buffett then sat i will just have to stay away form the dogsN burgers at Thomond park :pac::pac:

Well done everyone who lost this week and start again thosse who had a gain...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

By the way I am 3 pounds off 3 stone as well....yipee

:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Lost a ridiculous 10 this week!:eek: was expecting maybe 5 because I'm on holidays this week and have walked every inch of the mountain. Makes me a little scared for next week though, really hope it wasn't too much of a false loss. That brings me to 6.5 stone in 6 months. I just keep repeating "this time I'm losing weight for the last time" to myself, it's like my mantra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Caros wrote: »
    Woo hoo :D Just in from my first WI and down 5 pounds, so chuffed, so loving the pro points and those 49 weeklies that allowed me to have a few drinks, a pack of crisps and a couple of chocolates! Happy day!

Thanks to everyone here who's been so inspirational!

Well done, Caros, great result for your first week.

I 'thumbsed up' a few posts to say well done to all the losers. Great weight loss again this week.

I was actually down a lb last night. Cldn't believe it, was really expecting to see +2 or 3. Really think it was the pasta for lunch that put me up the week before, so I feel like I've STS for two weeks. Delighted!

Last nights class was brilliant! Our usual leader was on holidays, but the lesson was all about refocusing your mind. It was like she had read my posts here yesterday. She talked about spring cleaning and used cleaning products like finish (what will finish off your weight loss i.e. hinder it), pledge (pledge a new, achievable goal), mr muscle (he won't help with weight loss unfortunately, but symbolised that hard work that has to go into losing weight), bold washing powder etc etc. She had a sweeping brush and asked what did we need to brush up on...things we were really good with at the start, but had let slip.

I thought it was genius. Everytime I walked through my utility last night and seen all the cleaning products, I was thinking about what I needed to do.

@Bubaloo and Lady Lainy...I'll have great company in the 3 stone club. I'm hoping to achieve mine by June Bank Holiday weekend now, that's roughly 1lb a week. Shld be doable, fingers crossed.

aspie mum wrote: »
    I really should be good this week in case it catchs up with me

I know I'm probably boring everyone with my leader said this, but I really did feel inspired leaving the class last night.
    She gave us a few great tips to stretch your dailies out over the day so you have a bit of a stockpile for going out that night.
    Eg fruit salad with WW yoghurt for breakfast (1pp). banana sandwich for lunch instead of normal hand sandwich (4pp) and bowl of no points soup before you go out, so you're not starving. You've still got 24 of your 29 dailies left.
    I know it might not be practical for you this weekend, but even the breakfast option would save you 4/5points, depending what you normally have.
    mcb81 wrote: »
    Lost a ridiculous 10 this week!:eek: was expecting maybe 5 because I'm on holidays this week and have walked every inch of the mountain. Makes me a little scared for next week though, really hope it wasn't too much of a false loss. That brings me to 6.5 stone in 6 months. I just keep repeating "this time I'm losing weight for the last time" to myself, it's like my mantra.

10lbs????? Oh my god...I nearly fell off the chair! Well done, that's fantastic. I see your in Carlow too...were you walking Mount Leinster? If that's the result you have from walking it, I'm so gonna have to try it out!ha!

Flippin' hell - that is unbelievable - both the 10lb loss this week and the total loss of 6.5 stone in such a short time!! :eek: Well done you!!
    What did you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Thanks! Yeah its Mt Leinster. I'm really lucky to have it on my door step. I'm really after getting into the hill walking and actually find it quite difficult to walk on the flat now. I alternate between the looped walks in Kilbrannish and the actual mountain itself. Have yet to pluck up the courage to walk up to the mast though!

Delighted about the 6.5 but still haven't reached half way yet. Still have 8 stone to go, but I'll get there. This site is great for encouragement and motivation

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Wow mcb81! ten pounds - fair play to you! fantastic loss!!!

Does anyone know the propoints per raw weight of monkfish/scallops please??? Had some in the freezer and wanted to do something tasty with them tonight.

Caros wrote: »
    Wow mcb81! ten pounds - fair play to you! fantastic loss!!!

Does anyone know the propoints per raw weight of monkfish/scallops please??? Had some in the freezer and wanted to do something tasty with them tonight.

The WW book says 2PP for 100g of raw scallops - no mention of monkfish though.
    Bon Apetit! :)

I love the hillwalking too. Got a lot of the gear in the sales in the regatta shop in Carlow Town. We've done Glendalough and have been threatening to do Mt Leinster for a while now. Maybe Saturday.
    Well done, that's a fantastic weight loss over all. Have you much more to loose?
    Thanks! Yeah its Mt Leinster. I'm really lucky to have it on my door step. I'm really after getting into the hill walking and actually find it quite difficult to walk on the flat now. I alternate between the looped walks in Kilbrannish and the actual mountain itself. Have yet to pluck up the courage to walk up to the mast though!

Delighted about the 6.5 but still haven't reached half way yet. Still have 8 stone to go, but I'll get there. This site is great for encouragement and motivation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kildareash wrote: »
    I love the hillwalking too. Got a lot of the gear in the sales in the regatta shop in Carlow Town. We've done Glendalough and have been threatening to do Mt Leinster for a while now. Maybe Saturday.
    Well done, that's a fantastic weight loss over all. Have you much more to loose?

keep an eye out for lidl and aldi specials they always have walking gear on offer, rain gear, ruck sacks, walking poles, wool socks for inside boots,

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

lost half a pound today and i'm thrilled..after having a bottle of wine,,garlic chips and curry chips then 1 and half easter egg,,i'm well chuffed:Di'm now 1.5lb UNDER my Goal weight,,really loving mainaining!!! well done to everyone and keep up the good work!!!

I know i'm committing the biggest sin there is my constantly checking the scales....looked this morning.....no change! i'm seriously busting my ass this week. tracking EVERYTHING, exercising LOADS, using my dailies, and activity pp. i had no easter eggs. the only bit of chocolate i've had is ONE skinny cow ice cream. I'm lashing the water into my like there is no tomorrow...and i dont feel or look bloated :( hopefully some loss will show by saturday when i have my official WI...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

10lb wow Congrats, I haven't even lost that in 3 months...

Lainy STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES and DON'T STEP ON AGAIN TILL SATURDAY! I will come to Cork and find you if you step on them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

aspie mum wrote: »
    Just back and after the disaster that was Sunday and monday I am delighted to say I am down 0.5 lbs ( I had 2 eggs)..........oops

I really should be good this week in case it catchs up with me but have a big party tomorrow night( mum and Dad are married 50 years) so i have to go to limerick for the weekend as all the family are comming and all the english cousins are flying in plus 10 of us are going to the munster Match on saturday i think i will just write off friday and saturday and work the rest of the week with out weeklies....wont be drinking friday night so I should have some control of my self at the buffett then sat i will just have to stay away form the dogsN burgers at Thomond park :pac::pac:

Well done everyone who lost this week and start again thosse who had a gain...

I always find if I chew gum it stops me picking when I don't need any more to eat. Fill up on the healthy stuff & then pop a stick into your mouth.

That's a fantastic result, today & over the last 6 mths. Even if you have a gain next week (has happened me twice now after a bigger than normal loss), it'll come off again the next week. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Why am I sabotaging myself?

The last few weeks, I have just gotten into the mood of "Ah sure, feck it, why not, need to enjoy life etc." That is what got me to this weight.

Lunchtime today, didn't bring lunch, was going to be good and get a sandwich and pack of treble crunch in the canteen, but instead got a 1/4 pounder burger (PP?) and chips!!!!!

Yesterday, felt like having chocolate with morning break (most of the girls do and I can usually resist) but went for one of the worst choices, a galaxy caramel... when I could have gone for maltesers or a kitkat.

I was so good for the first 5 months but the last few weeks I don't know what has happened to me. And I am off work tomorrow so me and the OH were going to have a few drinks tonight and I know I shouldn't after what I have eaten today but I just don't care, I want them. I was even thinking, ok I won't have dinnner just some fruit so I can still have the drinks, but then there is the nibbles (crisps) that come with the drinks and I thought if I don't have dinner then i'll end up eating more of them and again to myself, I thought, I don't care.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Advertisement

Don't let a Bank Holiday throw you off course
    You’ve been eating well all week, sticking to your daily ProPoints allowance and regularly exercising to earn activity ProPoints values. With a little planning, you can ensure it's full steam ahead into a healthy long Bank Holiday weekend.

Keep tracking
    The weekend may only be two days out of seven, but it’s still important to keep on track, especially in the case of the impending Bank Holidays when your weekend is four days. As our weekday routine changes, we’re often more likely to stray from the plan. If you want help in keeping to your ProPoints budget, use the ProPoints Tracker.

Earn to burn
    Gather up some family or friends for a game of tennis or a country stroll or take the kids to the local park and kick around a football. This is your chance to earn activity ProPoints values while enjoying the great outdoors and spending quality time with loved ones.

Be fruitful
    Don’t forget about your fruit at the weekend! All fresh fruits are zero ProPoints value foods. They are packed with fibre and other nutrients, and will help keep you feeling full between meals. Enjoy munching on apples while on the go, or toss a banana, berries and skimmed milk into the blender for a protein-packed smoothie – remember to count the ProPoints values for the milk!

Dining out
    If you've got meals out planned, remember restaurants sometimes serve large portions, but you don’t have to eat everything on your plate. Take home a ‘doggie bag’ with left-overs. Ask for a half serving with a side of salad or vegetables. Choose dishes that are grilled or baked and keep away from anything creamy or deep fried. And check out the dishes you're likely to eat using Find & Explore before hand.

Hangover help
    So you had a big night, huh? And you've got a hangover? If you are one of the many that swear by a cooked breakfast the morning after a big drinking session, why not keep on track by grilling, rather than frying,Dehydration is one of the causes of hangover, so drink plenty of water!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Don't let a Bank Holiday throw you off course

Earn to burn
    Gather up some family or friends for a game of tennis or a country stroll or take the kids to the local park and kick around a football. This is your chance to earn activity ProPoints values while enjoying the great outdoors and spending quality time with loved ones.

Thanks for the great article. I was losing all hope of this weekend (going to my dads in Sligo) with all the drinking and eating (and not knowing what is in the food) but reading that has made me think that I will get everyone out to go for a long walk and will bring lots of fruit to snack on and hopefully will stay on track. Hopefully I will snap out of my "Ah sure feck it" mindset soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

In spite of my rant earlier about not wanting to be up, I haven't exactly behaved myself at work today. Normally on WI day, I eat normally up to lunch time after which I might have a yogurt at 3pm but don't eat anything substantial until after my WI at 7pm.

So far today, I have had:
    30g Porridge,
    0.25l Slimline milk
    2 bananas,
    Some blueberries & grapes
    1 diet yogurt
    1 bowl spicy lentil soup
    3 S&V rice cakes
    1 low low cheese triangle
    1 fairy cake :(

I've only eaten 5pp more than I would normally but feel like I might have blown it, all because I made fairy cakes last night and brought them to work where I hoped they'd be devoured but I caved in and had one at 12 with a cup of tea! Do you think this will show on the scales? My losses have been getting smaller and smaller the nearer I get to goal, I really want to see a loss tonight :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Flurry

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this thread. Decided to join WW on Tues. I joined it a few years ago and successfully lost about 20lbs to get past goal...but over the years I have regained those 20lbs...plus about 2 stone more. Eeek!
    To get into the healthy BMI range in the ww book I need to lose about 3 stone. Yikes!

Anyway...I was hoping you might be able to help me point some foods/drinks?
    I am still getting used to the new points system, so am unsure which foods are the best choices at times.

Would anyone be able to point the following for me pretty please:

- 330ml bottle of Coors Light
    - 500ml can of Coors Light
    - what are the lowest pro point crisps and snacks?
    - are tangle twisters still really low, or are there better alternatives?

It probably sounds like I am just worried about junk food, but that isn't the case at all. I find it easy enough to choose low point foods for lunch and dinner etc. It's just when I get to a shop and am peckish and am with friends who want to get an ice-cream, I'd like to be prepared by knowing the best "bad" choices, if that makes sense? :)

Any other "bad" foods that are reasonable enough in ProPoints?

I'm thinking of making the Fritata from the WW book today. Anyone tried it before?

Sorry for all the q's!

I'm hoping to be on here alot, as reading all the posts is great motivation.

Here's to week one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

For anyone stuck in a rut or looking to get their weight loss going again, my leader gave us a different option last night. For a week you don't use your daily points at all. Instead for your 3 main meals you just have the healthy filling foods that are marked green in your folder. Then if you want anything else on top of that you use your weekly points for it.

I'm gonna give it a try when my exams are over. Don't have time now to plan meals. It should be only done on a once off basis every so often when you need a kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Monife wrote: »
    Why am I sabotaging myself?

The last few weeks, I have just gotten into the mood of "Ah sure, feck it, why not, need to enjoy life etc." That is what got me to this weight.

Lunchtime today, didn't bring lunch, was going to be good and get a sandwich and pack of treble crunch in the canteen, but instead got a 1/4 pounder burger (PP?) and chips!!!!!

Yesterday, felt like having chocolate with morning break (most of the girls do and I can usually resist) but went for one of the worst choices, a galaxy caramel... when I could have gone for maltesers or a kitkat.

I was so good for the first 5 months but the last few weeks I don't know what has happened to me. And I am off work tomorrow so me and the OH were going to have a few drinks tonight and I know I shouldn't after what I have eaten today but I just don't care, I want them. I was even thinking, ok I won't have dinnner just some fruit so I can still have the drinks, but then there is the nibbles (crisps) that come with the drinks and I thought if I don't have dinner then i'll end up eating more of them and again to myself, I thought, I don't care.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I hear you! I have been doing the exact same, using excuses of exams and the good weather and easter and that but its really that I am just self sabbotaging! I have put on 2lbs this week, which doesn't sound like the end of the world until you know that I have only been doing WW a few weeks and had only lost 6lbs (now 4lbs). I'm trying to start fresh today with positive attitude but gosh its hard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Eabhabear wrote: »
    For anyone stuck in a rut or looking to get their weight loss going again, my leader gave us a different option last night. For a week you don't use your daily points at all. Instead for your 3 main meals you just have the healthy filling foods that are marked green in your folder. Then if you want anything else on top of that you use your weekly points for it.

I'm gonna give it a try when my exams are over. Don't have time now to plan meals. It should be only done on a once off basis every so often when you need a kick!

I'm not sure I get this - are you still pointing your main meals? Because everyones meals are different pp, for instance my main meals might only add up to 20pp per day, but someone elses could be 35pp a day! And then using weeklies on top of it? I must be missing something, I'm slow on the uptake sometimes :o

Flurry wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this thread. Decided to join WW on Tues. I joined it a few years ago and successfully lost about 20lbs to get past goal...but over the years I have regained those 20lbs...plus about 2 stone more. Eeek!
    To get into the healthy BMI range in the ww book I need to lose about 3 stone. Yikes!

Anyway...I was hoping you might be able to help me point some foods/drinks?
    I am still getting used to the new points system, so am unsure which foods are the best choices at times.

Would anyone be able to point the following for me pretty please:

- 330ml bottle of Coors Light
    - 500ml can of Coors Light
    - what are the lowest pro point crisps and snacks?
    - are tangle twisters still really low, or are there better alternatives?

It probably sounds like I am just worried about junk food, but that isn't the case at all. I find it easy enough to choose low point foods for lunch and dinner etc. It's just when I get to a shop and am peckish and am with friends who want to get an ice-cream, I'd like to be prepared by knowing the best "bad" choices, if that makes sense? :)

Any other "bad" foods that are reasonable enough in ProPoints?

I'm thinking of making the Fritata from the WW book today. Anyone tried it before?

Sorry for all the q's!

I'm hoping to be on here alot, as reading all the posts is great motivation.

Here's to week one!

Welcome to the thread. Try and read the posts as often as you can, great source of motivation and help.

Bottle of coors light is 4PP.

Twisters and Loop the Loop's are 2PP.

Velvet crunch, skips (from multipack), snax (from mulitpack) and meanies (from multipack) are 2PP.

Salt and Vinegar snack a jacks (from multipack) are 2PP and the larger singular ones are 3PP.

Don't know the PP in the cans sorry, but I would assume you could work it out based on the PP for the bottles and a bit of mathematical work.

Don't worry about the amount you have to lose, I have lost 3 stone in 6 months (I know not a lot in the amount of time but happy with it) and I still have 5 stone 8lbs to lose to get to goal. Just think of mini goals, which I think all of us on here do. One silver seven at a time or a bigger goal of the first stone and the next one after that.

Good luck.

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I'm not sure I get this - are you still pointing your main meals? Because everyones meals are different pp, for instance my main meals might only add up to 20pp per day, but someone elses could be 35pp a day! And then using weeklies on top of it? I must be missing something, I'm slow on the uptake sometimes :o

No you don't point your main meals. You just use the healthy filling foods. But you need to make sure that the foods you are using are definitely the healthy filling foods that are highlighted in green in the book.

Then for any snacks or anything else you eat/drink you use your weekly points.

Last night was the first time I heard of this but I think its supposed to have a similar effect to the fast start week on the old plan.

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »

Twisters and Loop the Loop's are 2PP.

Velvet crunch, skips (from multipack), snax (from mulitpack) and meanies (from multipack) are 2PP.

Skips and super splits are also 2pp!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement