Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

jackmax wrote: »
    wooohooo back from WI and down 3.5lbs :D only 1lb away from a total of 3 stone lost :D I had my own personal goal of 3 stone by the 14th of may for my step daughter's communion so im really pleased. never thought back in January that I could actually do it :D only 5lbs from WW goal too but I still have about another stone in my opinion to lose after that but im so thrilled with how its going for me :D

Ah thats fantastic well done to you. 3 stone is amazing! Just wait til you go to the communion now and all the compliments you will be getting will spur you on even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jodibobs

i've pointed chilli/salt and vinegar rice cakes at 1 p point each. did i see on here that you get 3 for 2 p points?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

As expected, up at WI. Up 1lb, which I am grand with, I deserved it but anymore and I would have been annoyed :)

Just had a cheeky chipper and now drawing a line under this week. Tomorrow is a new week.

Going to be very hard to stay on track with another bank hol weekend and being away in my dads so don't know the PP of the food but going to try and make the best choices and bring diet 7up in case for the wine in case they don't have any.

Well done on your losses girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

ooooh so theres a few of us hitting 3stone mark around the same time :) i'm 4.4lbs away from 3stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Like a lot of you, I was up this week too. Half a pound which brings me back to a total of 21.5 gone, but 47 to go :eek:

I am totally back on track now and hoping to have a really good week. I will keep u posted as with the long weekend, i may not manage it!

Lainy - my leader has said on a load of occasions that you should aim to eat all your daily's and as many of your weeklys as you feel comfortable with (if thats them all, then go for it [which i do]).

If you're on 29 pp and only eat 27pp its not too much to worry about, but if you only manage 20 or so that you really need to add (like you mentioned!) some extra protein or a high fiber roll to your meals to increase your points in a healthy way. She is dead set against adding a biscuit to increase ur points unfortunatley :P

Well done everyone on the losses, some huge ones up here for the week. Really impressive :D

P.S. i ate a good 30 over my daily and weekly's so thats why i'm up not cos I ate the weekly's !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Well I had my WI tonight and I was down 2lbs!!! :D

I couldn't believe it I really thought I was going to be us this week. I'm so afraid next week I'm going to be up.

I was just wondering if his has happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Sorry about lack of posting have been reading on iphone, its great reading when you need to be motivated. I'm expecting to be up or sts 2mo but I have done a lot of exercise since Monday so should be down next week.

So in humour of something nice this evening so trying to hold off as otherwise i'll keep going back to press.

Dee01 wrote: »
    Like a lot of you, I was up this week too. Half a pound which brings me back to a total of 21.5 gone, but 47 to go :eek:

I am totally back on track now and hoping to have a really good week. I will keep u posted as with the long weekend, i may not manage it!

Lainy - my leader has said on a load of occasions that you should aim to eat all your daily's and as many of your weeklys as you feel comfortable with (if thats them all, then go for it [which i do]).

If you're on 29 pp and only eat 27pp its not too much to worry about, but if you only manage 20 or so that you really need to add (like you mentioned!) some extra protein or a high fiber roll to your meals to increase your points in a healthy way. She is dead set against adding a biscuit to increase ur points unfortunatley :P

Well done everyone on the losses, some huge ones up here for the week. Really impressive :D

P.S. i ate a good 30 over my daily and weekly's so thats why i'm up not cos I ate the weekly's !!!

lol and thats exactly what i did few digestives with coffee.

so far this week i've used all my dailies every day :) I've all my weeklies left, but that's only cos i'm eating my activity instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Was down 1lb tonight slightly disappointed as I thought it might have been a bit more but I will take the lb :) It's my first consecutive loss since Jan :eek: Finally feel like I'm back on track. Thanks to everyone here who gave me support and ideas and for putting up with my long posts as to why I wasn't losing!

Tucking into an easter egg that my mum got for me. She gave it to me tonight as she knew I had WW on tonight!

Well done to everyone who had losses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

this will probably sound a bit mad but i've never tasted hot chocolate, have heard great things about it though, anyway i see cadburys highlights is 1PP so what i'm wondering is it as good as 'normal' chocolate? also i don't want it to be like those fecking sun rice things where i can't stop after 1!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Frozen raspberries ideal for smoothies only €2.99 in Lidl for a pretty good sized bag, i know they are much more expensive in Dunnes/Super Valu. I don't eat whole fruit so I try to have a smoothie every day made with 3 different types of fruit and a Dunnes 0% fat yoghurt for 1pp. Usually have it for a mid morning snack around 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

intouch44 wrote: »
    this will probably sound a bit mad but i've never tasted hot chocolate, have heard great things about it though, anyway i see cadburys highlights is 1PP so what i'm wondering is it as good as 'normal' chocolate? also i don't want it to be like those fecking sun rice things where i can't stop after 1!!

I don't think you could really overindulge with hot choc. Maybe 2 in a day/evening but that wouldn't break the PP bank.

As for those damn sun rice things, I am going to have to do everything in my willpower not to buy them next time. On Monday, I had 4, yes 4 of them ha ha :D They are too easy to just have one, and then a while later ah another one.

Monife wrote: »
    I don't think you could really overindulge with hot choc. Maybe 2 in a day/evening but that wouldn't break the PP bank.

As for those damn sun rice things, I am going to have to do everything in my willpower not to buy them next time. On Monday, I had 4, yes 4 of them ha ha :D They are too easy to just have one, and then a while later ah another one.

plus the hot chocolate good way of getting bit of extra water in, without caffine! oh i'm never again having those sun rice things.

The Aldi low cal hot chocolate is really nice too, and cheaper, and in different flavours. :) comes mint, plain and orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Got to class tonight & I was 2lb down. Makes up for the 1.5lb gain last week! Loads of people were talking about all the Easter eggs they had eaten.

Got a letter today from the doctor to say that my daughter with the chicken pox will be fit to fly on Monday. Just hoping now that the other one doesn't get it until we get home again so we can get away & have a great time next week. A friend of mine texted me today to see if she could bring her 3 kids round because she wants them to catch it!

So no WI next week (hopefully) & plenty of walking while I'm away so I just have to make good food choices (if that is possible at Disney) to stay on track.

Well done to everyone with a good result today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

LollieB25 wrote: »
    Well I had my WI tonight and I was down 2lbs!!! :D

I couldn't believe it I really thought I was going to be us this week. I'm so afraid next week I'm going to be up.

I was just wondering if his has happened to anyone else?

I was up 1.5 one week, had a shocker of a week following that with loads of booze and food and way over my points, missed my class, didn't have a great week again being over points again but I was down 5.5lbs. However, the following week I excercised a fair bit, kept well within my points and tracked absolutely everything. I was down 0.5lbs. I do think that the previous two weeks indulgences had finally appeared that night.

At our meeting last night our leader said that everyone who came to the scales was dreading it (herself included) but that for those of us who had losses we really weren't expecting, we need to be extra careful this week as it can show on the scales the following week. I plan to be extra good this week, even just to give my liver and my belly a break from all the crap I've had over the past two weeks. Feel like I need some serious detoxing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I had a shocker of a day, it was so bad, I ate and drank to try and get merry. It didn't work.

I went to Nandos for dinner, was quite reserved and only had chicken in a wrap but I came home and made a jug of sangria. But its okay, theres no points in it - it has fruit :D

I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Ya get some the skinny cow ones are lovely it a nice treat ans as its hot you cant glup it all down in a minute

I would have been a real hot chocolate addict before cream marshmallows etc........and enjoy the "diet ones" now but dont worry they are not a low cal trap like the sun rice..i just dont buy them to much damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi Everyone, was down 2lb this week and need to be extra careful this week as next weeks weight in is crucial!!

Just a quick question, does anyone know how many pro points are in smoked coley...red fish?????

Thank you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conaid

fofany wrote: »
    Don't give up, you are doing to well to have almost 3 stone off so far. That's a great achievement. After your break from WW & then coming back onto this forum will help to remotivate you & you'll get back into the zone again.

And, about the redness in your face, I have been suffering from it for about the last 6 years. I would also have rarely worn makeup before this, but now if I'm going out, especially if I'm going to be drinking, I do & I wear green coverup under my foundation. I also find too much sun, exercise or spicy foods (in other words anything that raises my temperature) has the same effect. I don't know if there's a cure, but I know how annoying it can be.

Good luck with WI tonight. I hope you feel a bit better coming on here - I find even reading how others are getting on helps to see that you're not the only one going through it & puts you back in the right mindset.

I have the same problem called rosacea. Dermotologist recommends cleanser called Cetaphil, You can get a cream on prescription called Rosex and if your doc willl prescribe for you the antibiotic is minocin. Clears it all up really well. You should avoid spicy food if possible . Easier avoided than red wine which really brings on the red face.:( All the rosaliac products in La roche posay are really good. Stress doesnt help either!

Agree that coming on here helps the mindset. Have lost the first stone. 2nd moving really slowly...not helped by 4lb gain at weekend. Still back on track now.....I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Just a quick question, does anyone know how many pro points are in smoked coley...red fish?????

Thank you! :D

It's 2pp per 100g of non smoked (checked the nutritional value in Aldi) and I just point the smoked the same as smoked haddock as it's not an oily fish and it's actually a white fish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

kashmir wrote: »
    Or maybe you are just eating less and exercising more :D
    that's probably it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Down 5.5lbs tonight, delighted with that, have walked 30 miles this week between golf and walking the dog, plus i had no easter eggs as im not to fond of chocolate.

Only 1lb more to my first stone.

fecking hell seeing some massive losses gang...well done! I'm totally jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi all, well my waggon fall showed on the scales tonight...Up 1.5lbs:eek: feck feck feck...I know exactly what I did,no point kidding myself....gave me a kick tho, didnt even have my WI night treat (pizza)....hungry now tho, think I'll have some porraige!
    When ever I mention to my sis in law, (who is a fitness instructor) that I'm treating myself with pizza or chocolate etc...she says you are not treating or rewarding yourself, you are punishing yourself!!!! harsh but true! but until I can control my treats and excuses I think I'll take her advice...old habbits creep in so quickly..I'm doing loads of exercise so in my head I'm saying sure yeah I can have chocolate ( 4 bars) or pizzza ( large).....but exercise will make no diff if I'm eating crap!! 80% diet 20% exercise......:rolleyes:
    Just have to put it all in to practice now and make it stick...for LIFE!
    sorry for the ramble! well done on all the losses, its great to see people saying "almost 3 stone"...FANTASTIC:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    plus the hot chocolate good way of getting bit of extra water in, without caffine! oh i'm never again having those sun rice things.

The Aldi low cal hot chocolate is really nice too, and cheaper, and in different flavours. :) comes mint, plain and orange.

Good point.

Pembily wrote: »
    It's 2pp per 100g of non smoked (checked the nutritional value in Aldi) and I just point the smoked the same as smoked haddock as it's not an oily fish and it's actually a white fish!

Is it nice? I love fish but have never had it, have seen it in supermarket and on menus but as I haven't tried it have been nervous of getting it and not liking it......and being left hungry,(God love me). I don't like oily fish and for some reason seemed to link it to that, have no idea why. Thanks, will give it a go now... Let me know what you think who have tried.

:
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    that's probably it:D

Why don' t you just say, shut up you smart ar** :D you're so polite. Btw, you write-off this week and be good going forward.

For first time in ages didn't WI this week, had visitors weekend and birthday this week so having a great time indulging..will start afresh next week, but will not be mad every day.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    fecking hell seeing some massive losses gang...well done! I'm totally jealous!

Ditto. Would make you proud :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Shanasue from my personal weight loss experience you need treats (small pizza / homemade pizza / small bit of chocolate)! You're not going to live the rest of your life not having the odd treat so you can't cut it out for weight loss either... This isn't for just while your losing weight its life and life habits! I cut out junk initially lost 1.5 stone, fell off and put on 1stone!

Kashmir it's a bit bland but it's gorgeous in a chowder :D:D:D Chopped carrot, turnip, potato (optional), butternut squash cook that in stock and then add the fish(coley, haddock, salmon, prawns etc) that's been cooked in milk! Omnnyommy :D

Totally off topic but the hot boy is on the dart again :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

jodibobs wrote: »
    i've pointed chilli/salt and vinegar rice cakes at 1 p point each. did i see on here that you get 3 for 2 p points?

The S&V ones are 3 for 2pp, but the chilli ones are 2 for 2pp! Have the S&V ones with me today for lunch with a Low Low Cheese Triangle - nom nom, can't wait :)

WI tonight, dreading it :( Not because I was bold, I was actually very good given the weekend that was in it, but I've eaten 38 weeklies which I never do and it's TOTM, so I hope I'm not up. I thought yesterday that I felt slimmer but that just might have been the pair of trousers I was wearing, in jeans today and feel the exact same as last week :( I think I'll cry if I'm up because I busted myself last week and this week exercise wise and I only lost a miserable 0.5lbs last week :(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement