Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

If a few people think the same thing, then I'd be inclined to send an email or a letter to WW head office. Let's face it, we're paying a LOT of money to Weight Watchers!! If all we're paying that €10 a week for is a weigh in and a bit of a group chat, then we might as well just weigh ourselves at home and chat on this thread for free! I'm not saying leaders should spend 5 minutes with every single member, but if someone is feeling demotivated or stuck in a rut every once in a while, it's their job to offer support and guidance.

I totally agree with you.
    Some folks don't seem to mind coz they just get weighed, listen to whatever she says at the meeting, and then leave. But if you do want some sort of motivation or guidance then you're just not getting it.
    Hence why I come on here to get all that!
    You guys should be getting paid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Well I was up 0.5lb this week. I'm annoyed with myself for being up yet again. But today is a new day and the start of a new week, and I'm determined to do well this week. I'm going to make 0ppts soup, bake something low and stock up on supplies from tesco. Hopefully the league table will spur me on to stick with the programme. I'm also going to try and step up the exercise this week. As my meetings motto says "I can, I will and I'm starting now"

Good on ya, keep at it!

Am I the only one who's never made no-point soup?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

dammitj wrote: »
    Good on ya, keep at it!

i dont do soups either lol

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Good on ya, keep at it!

i dont do soups either lol

Me neither! Not a huge soup fan at all. Have tried making a few types of 0/low point ones in the past but I didn't like them.

• Advertisement

I'm totally not a soup girl either!

I can't make stuff like that just for the sake of it, I tend to stick to the things I like and just eat less of them.

For example I'm NEVER giving up bread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Have to say I'm a big fan of the soup! Go through stages of making it tho. Just found it was so handy to just grab the tub out of the fridge in the morning and have it for lunch.
    The WW mag this month had lovely baked potato suggestions for lunch. Might try these over the next few weeks.

Was down 1.5 this wk. Really delighted.

I think if you're not getting the support from your leader then you shld complain. I really like my leader but when I seen her 11 reg parked outside just got me thinking bout how much were paying for her services. (part of me was jealous too)
    If your not getting anything out of the meeting then you are just paying €10 to be weighed.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

What iphone app are you gals/guys using to calculate your points?
    Would be handy to have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Jewow wrote: »
    Hi guys I had my wi tonight and was down 3LBS :D this is my biggest loss since i started PP in jan.
    Like alot of people here i was getting quite frustrated with either 0.5/1LB a week so i was thrilled to be 3 down this week!! and i used every single daily & weekly point this week!!
    I've been drinking at least 2L of water every day for last 2 weeks r so - thnaks to advice from here - I think it might be that finally showing and i've been very strict with my tracking but i also had mcdonalds and chinese this week :p
    I just wanted to share this as i know people are finding it hard and i've been so encouraged by this board so hope i can motivate someone

That's great - well done!
    Maybe that's where I'm going wrong - I tend not to eat all of my weeklies.
    How does everyone do it? A little extra each day? Or save it all for 1 'cheat' day?

Well I save all mine for the weekend and I always eat them!

However I don't point my exercise so I guess it balances out.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

i have to the say Iwatchr on the iphone is bloody great to have and use

it has its own ww calculater so when you'r in the supermarket you can point on your phone and store it as a favourite , instead of looking weird with pen and paper , you can store foods in it and their values and just log them in each day and to be honest i think its great and only cost €0.99 , its for the lazy people ( me ) who forget their paper trackers etc

Is there an app for Windows 7 phones yet? :confused:

I'm going out to buya HTC HD7 tomorrow:cool:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

its being launched soon (in the uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

just get an iphone ( most complete smart phone out there ) consistantly voted for

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

IWatchr app is great, as recommended by Eircom_Sucks. Thanks

And I've never made soup either!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

just get an iphone ( most complete smart phone out there ) consistantly voted for

boooooo! nah, dont like apple( and iphone4 is €250+ vs €90 for the HTC)!

and then there is the reception issue on the iphone4 .....

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

IWatchr app is great, as recommended by Eircom_Sucks. Thanks

And I've never made soup either!

The last 4 posts are like a foreign language to me!! :D
    (apart from the soup comment - I love the soups!)

I had a hot chicken salad for lunch - trying to keep my lunch points fairly low - and when I pointed it afterwards it was 13PP !!! :eek:
    Which leaves me with just 9PP for dinner tonight! I shouldn't have had the two slices of brown bread and butter with it!!
    I haven't used any of my weeklies but I'm trying to keep them for tomorrow because we're going to a 1 year old's birthday party and then out for dinner - so there's going to be lots of cake/junk followed by a 3 course meal!!

Happy weekend everyone! :)

boooooo! nah, dont like apple( and iphone4 is €250+ vs €90 for the HTC)!

and then there is the reception issue on the iphone4 .....

far far better than the HTC and great re-sale value on em

i was a nokia man all my life and couldnt function without one , now i can't function without the iphone

i mean , ipod + phone + hd recording + 5m camera + endless apps = Winning ( charlie sheen ) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

+1million for iwatchr.
    I'm wracking my brains trying to think of which one of the lovely ladies on here recommend the in app upgrade, think it was about 79c. It has weight tracker on...the graph is deadly you can really see it going down whereas other ones I've used didn't show it as clearly.
    I also use map my fitness for timing Walks. Great for measuring your progress to.

kildareash wrote: »
    +1million for iwatchr.
    I'm wracking my brains trying to think of which one of the lovely ladies on here recommend the in app upgrade, think it was about 79c. It has weight tracker on...the graph is deadly you can really see it going down whereas other ones I've used didn't show it as clearly.
    I also use map my fitness for timing Walks. Great for measuring your progress to.

+1

i use map my run or map my ride

or i have a garmin forerunner 405 for running + cycling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

kashmir wrote: »
    Ah, Ok, you're getting some support from your leader anyway, that is good. I know everyone's weight loss is different in amount and time, but not losing anything at all since January must have your head done in, especially when you are being good and exercising.

My leader has been amazing. She can see I'm getting frustrated and wants to help. If I had a leader like some of the girls just posted about I think I would've fallen off the wagon by now. It just clicked now that not only have I not lost weight but I've lost €140 for no reason :mad: The meetings are helpful but still.

On a plus side I had an amazing night last night at a college ball in my size 12 dress ;) My first night drinking in ages and the food wasn't great so didn't eat much. Stepped on the scales this morning to see how much damage was done and I was down 4lbs all the dancing paid off :D Gonna hope it'll last until my official WI next week!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

I'm totally not a soup girl either!

I can't make stuff like that just for the sake of it, I tend to stick to the things I like and just eat less of them.

For example I'm NEVER giving up bread!!!

I love my soup but I'm NEVER giving up bread either.....or potatoes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

far far better than the HTC and great re-sale value on em

i was a nokia man all my life and couldnt function without one , now i can't function without the iphone

i mean , ipod + phone + hd recording + 5m camera + endless apps = Winning ( charlie sheen ) ;)

Still love my nokia phone, but do have an iTouch and iPad. Would agree about the iphone (hubbie has one), when my nokia dies might consider. Can't really beat Apple.

kashmir wrote: »
    I love my soup but I'm NEVER giving up bread either.....or potatoes!! :D

Oh you cant beat a spud! I will never give up potatoes...and they dont seem to do me any damage, like i dont eat them every night, but at least 3 times week i'd have baby potatoes. love them, cos no fecking peeling! plus the skin is good for ya. bit of extra fibre :)

When i do the cottage pie i use baby potatos and leave the skin on them when mashing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

I had a good loss on Wednesday down 7.5 pounds, it was my first week so i was a expecting a big loss. Anyway my housemates got a takeaway wednesday night to celebrate the end of the year which was grand, I got dry duck chow mein pointed it at 19 to be on the safe side, didnt get rice or chips and didnt drink any alcholol despite peer pressure! none the less I went into my weeklies.

So I though I could draw a line under my treat and move on. Yesterday gave in to a fry, I had grilled bacon medallions, tomatoes and mushrooms AND sausages pudding and eggs! i felt awful after it - as in nauseous! im sickened that I overindulged and im not long enough into the program to know how to fix it. Has anyone any advice on how they deal with 'cheating'?! I want a loss next week - its so important that I get a loss for the first couple of weeks to keep me motivated! How can I get back on track?

mdbatches wrote: »
    I had a good loss on Wednesday down 7.5 pounds, it was my first week so i was a expecting a big loss. Anyway my housemates got a takeaway wednesday night to celebrate the end of the year which was grand, I got dry duck chow mein pointed it at 19 to be on the safe side, didnt get rice or chips and didnt drink any alcholol despite peer pressure! none the less I went into my weeklies.

So I though I could draw a line under my treat and move on. Yesterday gave in to a fry, I had grilled bacon medallions, tomatoes and mushrooms AND sausages pudding and eggs! i felt awful after it - as in nauseous! im sickened that I overindulged and im not long enough into the program to know how to fix it. Has anyone any advice on how they deal with 'cheating'?! I want a loss next week - its so important that I get a loss for the first couple of weeks to keep me motivated! How can I get back on track?

Just draw a line under those two days and start afresh right now! I know how easy it is to say "well I've started bad, I might as well keep going" but don't do it! You'll feel SO much better if you get back on track. You're more than likely still within your weeklies after your fry and chow mein (presuming you stayed within your dailies for those days too) so just try your best to stay within your dailies until next Wednesday and you'll be fine :)

Just draw a line under those two days and start afresh right now! I know how easy it is to say "well I've started bad, I might as well keep going" but don't do it! You'll feel SO much better if you get back on track. You're more than likely still within your weeklies after your fry and chow mein (presuming you stayed within your dailies for those days too) so just try your best to stay within your dailies until next Wednesday and you'll be fine :)

Thanks a mil, just needed to hear some motivation! I reckon the chinese played havok with my bloodsugars so I craved crap the next day aswell. So annoying! anyway Ive been doing good today and its a long time until wednesday. Its my birthday Wednesday week so I hope I can get a good bit off before then! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

+1 to this. That was my main problem before I joined WW. This week is already ruined I'll start next week mentality. Start afresh NOW! You still have plenty of time between now and Weds to have a loss. Try and exercise if you can and just plan your meals in advanced. Track, track and track :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    +1 to this. That was my main problem before I joined WW. This week is already ruined I'll start next week mentality. Start afresh NOW! You still have plenty of time between now and Weds to have a loss. Try and exercise if you can and just plan your meals in advanced. Track, track and track :)

Yep I was the same. It was ALWAYS "the diet is starting on Monday." Then if I'd a really heavy weekend and still feeling a bit hungover on Monday I'd be craving junk for lunch. And sure by that stage I might as well continue with it, since I can't possible start a diet on Tuesday or any other day besides Monday :D

Ya eabhabear im goin to save some dailys and bulk up on the veg! ive a lovely stirfry to look forward to look forward to this evening. And i hope to pack in a few walks between here and wednesday. Thats what happened me the last time aswell. at least the weeklys are there to prevent a lapse! Hope everyone has a great weekend, one last weekend to be really good so I can enjoy easter sunday! :)

• Advertisement

just made my dinner for later....at least now i have to have a healthy point friendly dinner cos its already made.....

cos i was in seriously tempted to just throw on a 20pp pizza :O but instead having a 13pp Quorn Cottage Pie :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement