Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just watched the christmas tree in the shannon sink

Options
  • 09-03-2011 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

It came awfully close to hitting the quay when it toppled over.
    How come limerick council hasn't dismantled it before now
    Disgraceful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Lol @ council in general. Let's hope it's not a slow news day in the national media!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

tagoona wrote: »
    It came awfully close to hitting the quay when it toppled over.
    How come limerick council hasn't dismantled it before now
    Disgraceful.
    Are you serious? :(
    I'ts embarrassing isnt it!. Its the city wide tacky version of leaving your Christmas icicle lights on the front of your house year round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

pics???

also in other news the cranes at crane valley are coming down....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Photos or it didn't happen. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Looked like it was sinking yesterday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭BobMc

good, scrap it now, cheap bastards in city co. trying to save money, now its gonna cost em another packet to rescue the damn thing AGAIN, consign it to the scrap yard now please

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah jaysus, that's shocking! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

They won't be putting coloured lights on it now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Oh no!!!! There goes one of Limericks famous landmarks ........What are we going to do to draw tourists now? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Jofspring wrote: »
    Oh no!!!! There goes one of Limericks famous landmarks ........What are we going to do to draw tourists now? :eek:

Its an awful shame. €10 million worth of revenue for Limerick City gone down the drain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jofspring wrote: »

Burger King statue on Bedford Row? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

You just cant make this s**t up! :rolleyes:

Next all the trolleys will get caught in it..... Voila, then we will have a piece of art!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Now is the time to get the councillors down to turn on the lights , get them all to hold hands and pick one to flick the switch .

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Limerick city council are probably thinking of excuses right now, like the freak tide, the swans, the weather, some lame excuse.

Instead of just saying we were stupid, we should have taken the christmas tree down after christmas.

So has it sunk yet? Or is it still lying sideways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

RonMexico wrote: »
    I hope it sinks...if only so we will never again have to hear the words "landmark" and "tourist attraction" associated with a scrap metal traffic cone.
    :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Well it has made breakingnews.ie, which claim it will be removed from the river once a crane arrives around lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

so the tree that was a tree at christmas, even though the people of limerick didn't think so, then after christmas the city said it wasn't actually a tree, but was actually a sculpture....doesn't float...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

That tree is possessed and evil and needs to be put down.
    First it tried to smash up the Shannon Bridge, now it's after attacking the Dockers statue, what next?? A full scale assault on King Johns Castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

pics???

also in other news the cranes at crane valley are coming down....
    Thought they were being sold on site,ganly craige having a big auction selling of these cranes,romania seems to be a high bidder,all due respects and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    now it's after attacking the Dockers statue,

I only saw that statue the other day , my wife and I were passing in the car and she said " why have they a statue of two men throwing rubbish into the river ? " . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Ah jaysus, that's shocking!

Anyone find swearing offensive?
    Call me old-fashioned but I find this sort of thing offensive, esp. form a mod.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Only in Limerick...

Just in time for it to be removed for paddys day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

tippman1 wrote: »

John.

Are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

delighted, it looks awful at Xmas, awful after Xmas and even worse now.

Nasty heap of scrap metal with a few cheap lights on it,

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

John.

If what Insect Overlord said is offensive to you, then I would advise you not to use the After Hours forum here on Boards.

I guess it all boils down to what a person regards as swearing though. Personally I don't see any swearing in what he said, but I suppose if a person was religious or believed in Jesus then maybe it could be taken as swearing.

But one thing I am sure of is that IO was not trying to be offensive or anything like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I like it at Christmas, but glad it's gone if they were actually serious about leaving it up all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

John.

I don't believe in jaysus, being a christain. Doesn't he run that new kebab shop on ellen street?
    I do believe in jesus though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

John.

Ahh Jaysus tippman, you must be very easily offended.

Christ almighty like, what would you do if someone called you a really bad swear word?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Advertisement