Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

The OH is away so decided I'd walk to Aldi to do my fruit/veg shop. Phew - what a work out. I'm about a 15/20 min walk from Aldi so heading over was grand, power walked over. I walked around from about 20 mins conscious that i would have to carry the stuff home so tried to make lighter choices - well thats what I thought, the feckin weight! It's taken me over a half hour to get home and i'm shattered :eek:, few activity points earned there i think :P

Well done Lainy - great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tralalanin

kashmir wrote: »
    I LOVE BNS chips! I must try putting them in the microwave first. I have been cutting them in 1/2 and removing the seeds, then bunging them in the oven while it's heating up so that the skin is easier to remove, but the microwave might speed it up, they do take a while to make! But totally worth it! :D

That's exactly what I do! going to try the micro now, don't know why I never thought of that before dah!! :rolleyes: They are so tasty and 000000 points yeh!!

Oh, meant to say, for those who like paprika, sprinkle a little on top, yummy or Cayenne Pepper (but very hot).[/QUOTE]

the BNS soup is unreal too and filling...if you make it with red peppers the recipe is in the old WW boooks... i think in the new book there is a another BNS soup with tomatoes but im yet to try it so can recommend it... but ya BNS soup with just LOTS of free veg so its 00pp and its so filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Woohoo down 4lbs :) that's 21lbs since Jan 4th am delighted know the tummy bug may have had something to do with that but it's made ne super determined this week :) I will be below 16st and into the 15's next week :) only 2lbs I can so do that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Woohoo down 4lbs :) that's 21lbs since Jan 4th am delighted know the tummy bug may have had something to do with that but it's made ne super determined this week :) I will be below 16st and into the 15's next week :) only 2lbs I can so do that

Well done Layla. U will feel great when u get into the 15's. I was delighted. 15stone 10.5lbs now :) Hope to never ever ever see the 18's again!!! Onwards and downwards for us, I am going to get my ass out for a walk now, chat laters :)

Just back from Week 1 Day 1 of the couch to 5k. Man it was tough, but really happy that I could do it. Legs like jelly now but so happy, feels way more productive than my usual walks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi all hope the weekend is going well so far? Well do e on the losses Lainy & Layla that's fantastic!

So I'm off out tonight for my best friends birthday we're going to saba so I've already scoped the menu I'm going for hake baked in banana leave which is served with steamed rice veggies & red curry sauce. I was there a few wks ago & a friend ordered it. It looked fab & the curry sauce was served on the side so I'll basically eat the fish, veg & half the rice!

So far so good today I've only had 10pp today so I've 19 left for tonight & all my weeklies - which once again I'll blow on alcohol!! Hmm I know that's not exactly healthy & 3 weekends in a row but RL gets in the way sometimes, I'm keeping within my points & upping the exercise!

Hopefully gonna get a weekend in nxt week I'm bloody knackered! :P

A quick Q for YE, do any of YE feel really cold all the time?? I've really noticed it the last few wks & my mother reckons it's my metabolism kicking in & that's why I'm cold??! Ie my body is burning energy & the colder I am the more I burn?! I dunno is she right just thought I'd check with fellow WW

Have a good rest of weekend all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hi all hope the weekend is going well so far? Well do e on the losses Lainy & Layla that's fantastic!

So I'm off out tonight for my best friends birthday we're going to saba so I've already scoped the menu I'm going for hake baked in banana leave which is served with steamed rice veggies & red curry sauce. I was there a few wks ago & a friend ordered it. It looked fab & the curry sauce was served on the side so I'll basically eat the fish, veg & half the rice!

So far so good today I've only had 10pp today so I've 19 left for tonight & all my weeklies - which once again I'll blow on alcohol!! Hmm I know that's not exactly healthy & 3 weekends in a row but RL gets in the way sometimes, I'm keeping within my points & upping the exercise!

A quick Q for YE, do any of YE feel really cold all the time?? I've really noticed it the last few wks & my mother reckons it's my metabolism kicking in & that's why I'm cold??! Ie my body is burning energy & the colder I am the more I burn?! I dunno is she right just thought I'd check with fellow WW

Its funny you mention that, I've noticed recently that I'm feeling the cold like never before, I'd put it down to the fact that fat is an insulator and I'm not carrying as much around anymore! but if anyone has an actual explanation I'm curious too!

Hey Kay, havent experienced that myself. But im a hot blooded person and hate the heat so I like the cold lol well not too cold.

One thing I have noticed, is on a night out, i cant handle as much drink as i used to, which is great, less money. But I havent found my threshold yet and still drink the same speed and then end up in a hoola hoop lol I used to drink a shoulder of vodka before we even hit the clubs!! Last time I was out with my friends, got a shoulder, but was fairly drunk by the time I was only half way through it, so left it when we headed out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Psychobabble

Would anyone be able to reccommend a good WW Class anywhere in Drumcondra/Glasnevin/Clontarf/North City Centre. I'd be happy to travel for a good class Leader as I know how helpful that would be. I've been to two different classes in recent years - one very good and the other not great. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done Lainy! That's a great result, but you really deserve coz u work so hard at it!

On the cold issue, I am the coldest person in the world but actually think I'm feeling the heat more now!

Totally agree with u Monife re the alcohol. I had four drinks a couple of weeks ago and was nearly on my ear!
    I'm a terrible drinker tho...I'm like a hare...drink really fast at the start of the night but am first home too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Well done L.Lainy, you're doing so great!!
    Fat actually loses energy very quickly compared to muscle so it doesn't provide the insulation we hope (or so I think!) I think feeling the coldness is just probably due to eating less and it pretty much happens to everyone when they're dieting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Hey Kay, havent experienced that myself. But im a hot blooded person and hate the heat so I like the cold lol well not too cold.

One thing I have noticed, is on a night out, i cant handle as much drink as i used to, which is great, less money. But I havent found my threshold yet and still drink the same speed and then end up in a hoola hoop lol I used to drink a shoulder of vodka before we even hit the clubs!! Last time I was out with my friends, got a shoulder, but was fairly drunk by the time I was only half way through it, so left it when we headed out :)

same thing has happened to me! I'm practically on my arse at the door going into clubs these days :p i used to be able to drink like a sailor....i can still drink...oh boy can i still drink...but it does hit me A LOT sooner..

I'm ALWAYS cold...i've always been like that
    but as someone above said....less insulation now as there is less fat, plus i think our weather for winter/autumn/spring is alot colder than it used to be in other years....my toes are FREEZING at the moment...been sitting here ALL day studying :( just taking a half an hour coffee break to get the brain fired up and woken up.

I cant wait for the summer...exams and projects are killing me...Dont know how I'm making my self do this all over again next year!...six more weeks...six more weeks and i can spend the whole summer on me my self an I...

I'm exactly the same never used to feel the cold but now I'm always cold no matter the weather I thought it was my circulation my OH keeps telling me it's coz I've lost my insulation :) wonder why it is though have 25pp left for dinner so making sloppy joes (they're delish actually a slimming world recipe which I've tweaked and pointed)

Oh anyone tried the Sun Rice lil square choc rice cake thingys from Aldi they're yummy and only 2pp a square so if you wanted something sweet and choccy they're perfect :)

Layla0509 wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same never used to feel the cold but now I'm always cold no matter the weather I thought it was my circulation my OH keeps telling me it's coz I've lost my insulation :) wonder why it is though have 25pp left for dinner so making sloppy joes (they're delish actually a slimming world recipe which I've tweaked and pointed)

Oh anyone tried the Sun Rice lil square choc rice cake thingys from Aldi they're yummy and only 2pp a square so if you wanted something sweet and choccy they're perfect :)

Slimming world actually have ALOT of good recipes, just a matter of tweaking and pointing....hmmmmm sounds like a yummy filling cold day dinner...would love to get the recipe sometime if you had the time to share it.

I think there's a few folks on here from Cork.....The English Market in the city, The butcher in THE CHICKEN INN, nicest guy ever! I went in yesterday to get some chicken mince....and he minced up fresh there and then for me! Pure Lean chicken breast mince! €3 a lb!

Going to make a few chicken cottage pies tomorrow and freeze them for later in the week.

150g chicken mince = 4pp
    150g turkey mince = 5pp

150g pork mince = 6pp
    150g lean pork mine = 6pp

150g beef mince = 9pp
    150g lean beef mince = 7pp

150g lamb mince = 9pp
    150g lean lamb mince = 9pp

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Oh anyone tried the Sun Rice lil square choc rice cake thingys from Aldi they're yummy and only 2pp a square so if you wanted something sweet and choccy they're perfect :)[/QUOTE]

I LOVE sun rice they are soooo yummy :D its great the way Aldi have the nutritional information on their stuff :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Slimming world actually have ALOT of good recipes, just a matter of tweaking and pointing....hmmmmm sounds like a yummy filling cold day dinner...would love to get the recipe sometime if you had the time to share it.

I think there's a few folks on here from Cork.....The English Market in the city, The butcher in THE CHICKEN INN, nicest guy ever! I went in yesterday to get some chicken mince....and he minced up fresh there and then for me! Pure Lean chicken breast mince! €3 a lb!

Going to make a few chicken cottage pies tomorrow and freeze them for later in the week.

150g chicken mince = 4pp
    150g turkey mince = 5pp

150g pork mince = 6pp
    150g lean pork mine = 6pp

150g beef mince = 9pp
    150g lean beef mince = 7pp

150g lamb mince = 9pp
    150g lean lamb mince = 9pp

It's funny how the lean lamb and pork mince are the same points. And we think we are being good ha ha

What is the chicken mince like? Really dont like the sound of it, but would try for the amount of points it is :)

jackmax wrote: »

I LOVE sun rice they are soooo yummy :D its great the way Aldi have the nutritional information on their stuff :)[/QUOTE]

Are they like the cereal bars? like the coco pops bars? or more like the krispie marshmallow square thing.

going to aldi on monday....wanna stock up on low point snacks...i think i'm going to need them this week! Oi! I dont do well in exams situations...projects and essays i will rock the socks...but Oi! pressure!

Monife wrote: »
    It's funny how the lean lamb and pork mince are the same points. And we think we are being good ha ha

What is the chicken mince like? Really dont like the sound of it, but would try for the amount of points it is :)

haven't tried it yet...but i like chicken :P and i always use turkey mince in anything that calls for mince. I think it'll alot nicer than the turkey mince,
    Fresh market/butcher stuff is seriously a million times nicer and full of so much more flavour than off the shelf packaged stuff...like the chicken breasts i get in the market barely shrink at all...but supermarket ones will cos all the water they pump into them seeps out....so your really pointing water weight...which sucks!

i think pork and lamb are just such dense meats protein wise, that makes them high in points even when all the visible excess fat is removed...red meat in general is just that bit higher in points.

We only have lamb couple of times at year, easter being one of them :D mmmm lamb and mint jelly.....i can smell it already.

right....back to the studying.....:(

Sure I'm just off to collect my LO from my MIL's I'll pop it up here later on

I LOVE sun rice they are soooo yummy :D its great the way Aldi have the nutritional information on their stuff :)

Are they like the cereal bars? like the coco pops bars? or more like the krispie marshmallow square thing.

going to aldi on monday....wanna stock up on low point snacks...i think i'm going to need them this week! Oi! I dont do well in exams situations...projects and essays i will rock the socks...but Oi! pressure![/QUOTE]

they are squares of chocolate with like rice cake in them. they are really really nice.
    good luck with your exams bet you'll do great :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 newtorunning

Hi, how are you finding the Couch to 5K, i'd love to do something like that??

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Hey gals, just popping in to say hello! Everyone is doing so well, although weekends seem to be a stumbling block at times. Hey, you have to live too..!

I'm doing well, almost 12 weeks now. Trying to be good foodwise so that I don't pile on the weight too early :-) just a tip I came across on another board that I know the chocoholics will love - Tesco lighter choices chocolate mousse - only 2 ppts per pot & delish frozen and eaten like ice cream!! I can even eat them as there is no raw egg in them- happy days!! Oh and you get 6 pots for 95c..bargain..!
    Will keep reading this, you guys are inspiring me not to eat all round me (although I am having serious sugar cravings today!)

how you doing today? Better i hope :)

Oooooh just finished my Thai green curry that i've been dying to make for like two weeks...devine...the house is just smells of exotic holidays...

I am stuffed....the way i had it tweaked was 18pp including rice...but i couldnt even finish it left loads of the rice, behind...i say i only had about 15pp of it...

Think i'm going to make it my weekend treat :) even my mom liked it...she's on her own eating plan so was doing her own dinner but she had taste of my dinner.

Going to get some of that Tilda rice....will make it even lower in points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Fab day today.

I stuck to my points and stayed on the low side as i wanted a few glasses of wine tonight, so ate 16 pp (used well, so STUFFED).

I'm just starting into my first glass of wine now - a lovely rose sparkling number.

I worked my @ss off today. I had that walk this morning then worked for over 2 hours digging the garden. I can feel the muscles tightening already, so it better be worth it. I think this is the first Saturday I have actually been good (I even said no to a night on the tiles) :D

I'm going to be the same tomorrow (have to finish the feckin garden now that I've started it :mad:), but the OH half is back from business in Germany tomorrow night so I'm sure we'll be going out to dinner on Monday. I really am going to try to be super good.

I really think if you have a good day or two, your motivation soars. Its a great feeling and even if the scales don't show a big loss, I am happy with how I have been this week. I'm down nearly a stone and 3.7 more to go (eek), but i am going in the right direction. I can't wait to go shopping again and not feel like a blob!

Have a great weekend guys and keep up the good work. I am loving the tips and advice and motivation. I think I'm going to try the couch to 5k thing next ;)

I just did week 1 day 1 today. Start off with brisk 5 minute walk then 1 minute of jogging, 90 seconds of walking, repeat until you have done 20 minutes, and then 5 minute cool down walk. It changes every week (like it increases).

As I have never run before, I found it hard when I was doing it, my calves were killing me but I managed it. It will get better with time, I hope. Felt great after it.

There is a couch to 5k thread in the Training Logs. They have podcasts (also in MP3 format) which have dance music on them and then they make a distinctive noise when you have to start running/walking. They're great.

Here's the link to the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056143231

I was going very very slow because people said the slower you start the longer you will last. The OH came with me and was like come on faster, I was like P**S off ha ha

Dying to get back out and do it again, but you have to have a rest day in between so I am just going to go for a walk tomorrow.

Dee01 wrote: »
    Fab day today.

I stuck to my points and stayed on the low side as i wanted a few glasses of wine tonight, so ate 16 pp (used well, so STUFFED).

I'm just starting into my first glass of wine now - a lovely rose sparkling number.

I worked my @ss off today. I had that walk this morning then worked for over 2 hours digging the garden. I can feel the muscles tightening already, so it better be worth it. I think this is the first Saturday I have actually been good (I even said no to a night on the tiles) :D

I'm going to be the same tomorrow (have to finish the feckin garden now that I've started it :mad:), but the OH half is back from business in Germany tomorrow night so I'm sure we'll be going out to dinner on Monday. I really am going to try to be super good.

I really think if you have a good day or two, your motivation soars. Its a great feeling and even if the scales don't show a big loss, I am happy with how I have been this week. I'm down nearly a stone and 3.7 more to go (eek), but i am going in the right direction. I can't wait to go shopping again and not feel like a blob!

Have a great weekend guys and keep up the good work. I am loving the tips and advice and motivation. I think I'm going to try the couch to 5k thing next ;)

Hey Dee. Yeah when you have a good day you really feel better for it. I did the same as you today, I have eaten 21 out of my 34PP because I wanted to have a few drinks tonight.

Although havent been as good as you all week. Blew my weeklies and prob more on Thursday and Friday, just hoping being good from today on will be enough damage limitation and hopefully be down a lil bit. :)

This is from the ww uk site, but i tweaked it to make it suit one serving.
    Tonight I used Uncle bens rice, but below is the points worked out if I'd used the Tilda rice :)

ProPoints® Value: 14 Servings: 1

(Propoints calculated using recipe builder, so its gotta be right)

Ingredients
    2 medium Shallots
    2 clove(s) Garlic
    2 teaspoons (grated) Ginger, Root
    5 stem Lemon Grass Stems
    2 teaspoons Thai Fish Sauce
    2 teaspoons (level) Coriander, Dried
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 teaspoons Salt
    1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black
    1 1/2 teaspoons Green Curry Paste,
    175 g Chicken, Breast, Skinless, Raw
    80 g Tilda Tilda White & Wholegrain Basmati
    120 ml Blue Dragon Coconut Milk, Reduced Fat
    75 ml Chicken stock, made with oxo cube
    40g Frozen Peas
    40g Frozen Corn

Instructions
    Heat a wok or large frying pan and mist with low fat cooking spray. Add the shallots, garlic and chicken and cook over a medium-high heat for 4 - 5 minutes, or until the chicken is sealed and browned.

Add the lemongrass, ginger, coconut milk, chicken stock and curry paste. Stir in the fish sauce or soy sauce and coriander. Simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced a little.

Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with cooked rice
    I mixed the cooked peas and corn into the rice to bulk it up

Tip: I mixed all the sauce ingredients in a jug beforehand so then just added that to the chicken, instead of adding them one by one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hi everyone...

just back from eddie rockets used all my dalies and 17 of my weeklies:o but god if was so worth it... i am craving something nice this tonight but trying not to :D... week going well so far and really want to be down alot this week as i was only down 1lb this week... how is everyone elses week going??:D

Anyone know how to make baked apples?

My mom going making fruit cake tomorrow so the house is full of brambly cooking apples...my gran used to make them when we were kids in her Aga cooker,

Oh so YUMMY! and with apples being 0pp :)

• Advertisement

Hi Im on the second wk of it. its hard work!! I have done 2 days of the second wk and am doing the third one tomorrow. its 90 seconds of jogging and 2 mins of walking. It is getting easier to manage the more I do it. I dread doing it but once its done i feel great :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement