Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

tantipie wrote: »
    me me me:Dand i'm so jealous that ye all had such a good time:(

Yeah but you won't be the one sweating it on the scales this week!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

me me me:Dand i'm so jealous that ye all had such a good time:(

Don't be, the guilt is awful today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

college work done for the day spent 9am-1.30 doing a project! Just had lunch....feck it was gorgeous! ended up having to put on extra sausages....my mum nicked the two i cooked for my self....my god....its been SOOOOOO long since i've had sausages...those hodgins low fat ones are lovely!

Going to leave lunch settle for a while....then hit the treadmill...havent used treadmill properly in about two weeks :O been so busy with college coming up to midterm!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

is tomorrow pancake tuesday??

I think it's the 8th of March?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

fecking kids trying to pull a fast one:):)

fecking kids trying to pull a fast one:):)

Lol! Fair play to them!

Mmmmm pancakes, yum!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

In the end, I wasn't too bad yesterday. I only went about 2pp over my weekly 29. After posting here, I went and had a diet yogurt (2pp), then a WW Chocolate Pudding (5pp) with 1 Tbsp Linessa Spray Cream (1pp), then a chomp from the Cadburys Variety Pack (1pp).

So don't feel too bad today. Have a nice dinner lined up as well: fillet Steak, Butternut Squash Chips and low fat Coleslaw :D Can't wait

Have defo been less manic about my points counting this week, still tracking everything but being a bit easier on myself and using some of my weeklies too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

dammitj wrote: »
    I was there a couple of weeks ago and ate tapas and drank wine the whole time! But we walked to all the sites, which was basically about 6 hours of walking every day so I had lost another pound when I got home!

Thanks for that. That is deffo the type of holiday I can handle! You're my inspiration now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    .those hodgins low fat ones are lovely!

where did you get those sausages lainy, i've tried everywhere?

• Advertisement

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Thanks for that. That is deffo the type of holiday I can handle! You're my inspiration now!! :D

No probs!

I did the same thing in Berlin last year (although I ate WAY more unhealthy stuff) but since we walked everywhere I lost weight that time too!

Barcelona is the perfect city for walking as you get to see all the stuff you wouldn't see if you were on a siteseeing bus or whatever.

And don't forget to watch out for the pickpocketers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just had a gorgeous lunch of 2 Ballyfree Turkey sausages and a boiled egg with some lighter than light mayo. The sausages are 2pp each and they are much nicer than I expected.

mcb81 wrote: »
    .those hodgins low fat ones are lovely!

where did you get those sausages lainy, i've tried everywhere?

I got them in my local super value....first time they've ever been in stock...everytime i go to pick them up there out of stock :(

Tesco do them aswell...again been out of stock everytime i tried to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Just had a gorgeous lunch of 2 Ballyfree Turkey sausages and a boiled egg with some lighter than light mayo. The sausages are 2pp each and they are much nicer than I expected.

What do those sausages taste like, Eabhabear? Do they have an overwhelming turkey taste? I never buy turkey mince or anything in case it tastes horrible. I think I need to branch out and give them a go!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    What do those sausages taste like, Eabhabear? Do they have an overwhelming turkey taste? I never buy turkey mince or anything in case it tastes horrible. I think I need to branch out and give them a go!

I love turkey and chicken mince :) Chicken mince is lower in points than turkey which i found astonishing!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Thanks Lady Lainy they do seem to fly out of stock! I've tried the ballyfree turkey sausages too and would agree with Eabhear that they are gorgeous. was a little apprehensive about them as i've tried chicken ones before that were horrible but was pleasantly surprised:)

Shoe Lover wrote: »

They weren't overwhelming. I grilled them and was surprised at how they tasted similar to pork sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I didn't fall off the wagon over the weekend, but am heading away for a few days this week so worried! Got the eating out guide- the points of everything in restaurants seem so high, how do ye stick to the programme when ye go away? Weigh in tomorrow, kind of nervous because I had such a big loss last week, will be happy if I even stay the same:)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

started the couch to 5k today. :eek: it was hard!! i was bet after it he he. oh well it has to be done i suppose.
    starving now and dont know what to have for dinner. hate these kind of days!!

jackmax wrote: »
    started the couch to 5k today. :eek: it was hard!! i was bet after it he he. oh well it has to be done i suppose.

I was doing that last year and found it very difficult!

I must try to get back to it again when the evenings get longer!

• Advertisement

jackmax wrote: »

I started that last year, got to week 3 and then the dark evenings came and I stopped. Was to self conscious to run along the road!
    I was really enjoying it tho. Found day 1 hard going, but day 2 was a little easier!
    I had an app on my phone That I could use my own music with and record my feelings after I had completed the run.
    Must go at it again tho, were planning to climb croagh Patrick this summer.
    Was also thinking about doing this mud fun run, it wld probably have killed me tho! I'm not available on the date this year, but will definately do it nxt year when I'm a skinny mummy and I won't be dragging around all this extra weight :)

kildareash wrote: »
    I started that last year, got to week 3 and then the dark evenings came and I stopped. Was to self conscious to run along the road!
    I was really enjoying it tho. Found day 1 hard going, but day 2 was a little easier!
    I had an app on my phone That I could use my own music with and record my feelings after I had completed the run.
    Was also thinking about doing this mud fun run, it wld probably have killed me tho! I'm not available on the date this year, but will definately do it nxt year when I'm a skinny mummy and I won't be dragging around all this extra weight :)

I only run where there's the min amount of people too!
    Wish I had a treadmill! :cool:

dammitj wrote: »
    I only run where there's the min amount of people too!
    Wish I had a treadmill! :cool:

Yeah, wldnt mid one either. But I love getting out in the fresh air. I was just starting a wii fit workout yesterday when the OH came downstairs insisting on opening the curtains to let in some natural light!
    He said no one wld be able to c me from the estate, but I think he just wanted to sabotage my workout so he cld watch cartoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

@ Bubaloo.. Ha thats mad were both in the same city.. I cnt wait and i really do hope to be godd apart from the drink told the bf the runners are coming with me so I hope he will be ready haha!!

@Dammitj.. Thanks for your advice.. iv heard such good things about Tapas! :) Looking forward to seen all the nice sights and have planned a trip ice skating :) uber exciting!!

Im starving today for some reason! Melt :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Crispoholic

Well done to all who lost this week....

I am due to go to my WI 2mor morning but I am thinking of not going lol I cant face been told you have put on or stayed the same!

Anyway what I wanted to know was I have cremé fraiche in fridge and I am curious to try it. Has anyone any suggestion on what I can use it with? How to use it? I have chicken fillets that I would like to use up so can I create a dish using these??[/QUOTE

I have a good recipe for paprika chicken

Ingredients: Serves 4 11pp per serving

4 Chicken breasts
    500mls chicken stock
    200g Pasta
    2 Onions
    12 Mushrooms
    Salt & Pepper
    100mls Creme Fraiche
    2 tablespoons of paprika
    1 green + 1 red pepper

*Peel and chop onion,slice peppers and mushrooms
    *Cut chicken into chunks
    *Heat a tsp oil in pan + fry onion
    *Add chicken,mushroom + paprika and fry for 2 mins
    *Stir in stock + seasoning. Bring to the boil. Add peppers + pasta and cover.
    *Simmer gently for 20 mins until chicken + pasta are tender
    *Stir in creme fraiche

Its yummy

Anyone got a recipe for home made burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I dont have a recipe Lainy but I can imagine making them the way I make meatballs and they are yummy.

Get your mince, mix it in a bowl of diced onion, garlic, herbs and 1 or 2 egg whites depending on how much you are making. Mix all together and then form the burgers with your hands.

The egg keeps them together.

Have meatballs on the stove. Nom nom nom im starving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

kildareash wrote: »

OMG me too, I hate running when people are around and only do it for about 30 seconds when there is no one around. Actually not able for jogging yet but sometimes try and incorporate a little into a walk (sometimes) when its dark and no one is around. The OH laughs when i say that but he doesnt understand that all we think when we run is, I bet those people are thinking "OMG look at the fat girl run" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

I just had meatballs for dinner and I added in minced garlic, herbs and black pepper...yummy

• Advertisement

I'd give you my mother's recipe only it involves mixing the mince with lots of bread and eggs. They are yummy. You could just mix the mince with 1 egg and then egg white. Then add an onion and some garlic.

Monife wrote: »
    "OMG look at the fat girl run" lol

This is my big fear but then in my head I'm like well at least I'm doing something about it. Don't worry what people think at the end of the day you are doing it for you and you only :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement