Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

You could try using a program called slimdrivers. It found a driver for my ancient wifi dongle http://www.driverupdate.net/

http://lifehacker.com/5633722/slimdrivers-offers-easy-windows-driver-updating-scheduling-and-restoration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I got er done ! Thank god ! It actually needed the audio driver to be installed after the modem driver to work. How odd, and I dont think Ive ever been as glad to hear the Windows XP boot noise as I am just now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Bargian of the century right here.

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=7435&agid=221

Card reader, only €433.91 :pac:

Edit: Back to €12.99 :(

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Bargian of the century right here.

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=7435&agid=221

Card reader, only €433.91 :pac:

Edit: Back to €12.99 :(

Damn...didnt jump on it quick enough :(

Ive gone from not knowing about monitors at all to having pretty decent knowledge of them in the last week. Oh I cannot wait for christmas :D

Not sure where to ask this question so I'll just ask here, I want to sort out the cables behind my desk so i need some velcro cable ties, anyone know of any brick and mortar stores in Dublin that sell them ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Euro City or whatever its called sells nice coloured ones in packs of a dozen for €2 ;)

Solitaire wrote: »
    Euro City or whatever its called sells nice coloured ones in packs of a dozen for €2 ;)

Cheers Sol ! :D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to any of you folks who somehow navigate to this forum during the festive season! :)

Just ordered my new screen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

I think i remember a certain someone fitting the cpu cooler for you at midlans CM ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I think i remember a certain someone fitting the cpu cooler for you at midlans CM ;)

ARE YOU STALKING ME?!!?! WHO ARE YOU!!!! :pac:

You know well who this is Callum ;)

You know well who this is Callum ;)

*digs out picture of Ryan holding a flower* :pac:

*digs out picture of Ryan holding a flower* :pac:

Good memory ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

2 men and there is a flower involved?

cool story bro :D

Good memory ;)

Oh that's not all I remember! Like being thrown into the back of a van to go get some food :pac:

btw, I actually do have that pic :p;)

Atleast you didn't get molested!

I wonder what that could be a euphemism for? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Good memory ;)

DDR3???

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

The H70 looks nice, but it's €15 more for a slightly louder and warmer (ok it's like 1 or 2 degrees more but still) cooler.

I'd only get it if I didn't have the obese 922.
    Deano12345 wrote: »
    Nice, those dual tower coolers are a PITA after a while, im thinking of sidegrading to a H70 for ease of use.

The 5850 is getting a twin, and im getting another 4GB of these XMS3's (60 quid for the set, nice one :D ) Cant wait :D

BTW....and Hmmm ...Does this seem like on-topic hardware discussion:D

• Advertisement

I like the idea of turning a rad into a pump top, but when you consider the prices of the components in question... does €40 plus €40 really add up to €180? :eek::o

Solitaire wrote: »
    I wonder what that could be a euphemism for? :pac:

Let's not get into that, otherwise you can start working out what "Thermal paste" would be! :pac:

:eek:

Lads, ive got a guide to customizing Windows (the aesthetics that is) but im not sure what section to put it in

Help !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Lads, ive got a guide to customizing Windows (the aesthetics that is) but im not sure what section to put it in

Help !
    Operating Systems -> Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

main.php?g2_itemId=9951
    main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=9951&g2_serialNumber=1

:o

Oh my days... I want that. PC Cases are soooo 2010, lets just screw out components to some plywood and hang it on the wall.

But seriously, where did that pci-e extender cable come from?

But seriously, where did that pci-e extender cable come from?

Funny, considering you work for a company that supplies computer parts... you should know these things!:pac:

Hah, hold up there Rick. I know what they are, just no idea where to find one. Google isn't much help unless i want to order it from china, and be in with the chance to win an iPad.

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm surprised no one is complaining about the latency that the PCI-E expander introduces :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement