Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

watched step brothers last night, i forgot how funny that film is since the last time i watched it!

what a film:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Great film ,really enjoyed this film big time!.Ben Affleck is top notch acting in this and did a great job directing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

unthinkable starring samuel l jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The Prestige. It's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Prestige. It's awesome.

Completely agree.. Can't believe I missed it during it's release... Saw it a few months ago. Absolutely fantastic. One of those movies you want to see again straight after it.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Completely agree.. Can't believe I missed it during it's release... Saw it a few months ago. Absolutely fantastic. One of those movies you want to see again straight after it.

That's what it said on the back cover and it wasn't wrong! But it was nearing 2am last night when I finished it, so it had to wait.

I'd missed a lot of Nolan's films, only saw the Batman ones. I have Inception to thank for making me see the rest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I seem to be slumming it at the moment, catching trashy films on TV that I would never pay to see:

Last Thursday: Harold and Kumar go to White Castle (a.k.a. Get the Munchies in Europe). Completely round the bend, up the wall, and over the top. Neil Patrick Harris steals the show, slightly. Epic Quest.

Saturday Night: The Glass House: Leelee Sobieski as a teenager whose parents die in a car crash, and is taken in (with her little brother) by the neighbours (Diane Lane and Stellan Skarsgård), who seem to have a lot of money. What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

Sunday evening: 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl and James Marsden. Though I've seen a few rom-coms, I was never quite clear on the concept of the "meet cute", but this one has a text-book example:
    she gets knocked flying by bridesmaids fighting over the bouquet, he's there to pick her up.

After the last week, I may have to pitch a tent in the IFI lobby, just to try to absorb some movie credibility ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Hitcher (The original...........of course)

Still an awesome movie. Rutger Hauer plays the unsympathetic, soul-less lunatic perfectly. It also has a certain edge over other horrors by it's cinematography which is first class.

The 2007 version is a load of old pants.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Took a while to come together but once it did it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 keary79

cruel intentions is a really good film

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Just watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles there. Haven't laughed that hard in ages. RIP John Candy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

The Faun's Labyrinth: (Pan's Labyrinth)
    Couldn't help being slightly disappointed with this one given the big reputation. It was a good movie but it was no "The Fall" or "Labyrinth (1986)" by any stretch of the imagination. It almost got gets going both times she ventures into the fantasy world but each venture was over far too quickly and it dwelled overlong in the real world. A bit predictable with stereotypical characterisations throughout but a good story nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Batman Begins: saw this for the first time Saturday night, I was a bit apprehensive because I had seen the Dark Knight already and was worried that would pale this prequel in comparison. I was really plesantly surprised by it though, Liam Neeson in particular I really liked and of course Michael Caine. The only thing I didnt like was Katie Holmes, definalty much weaker performance than what Maggie Gyllenhall played in Dark Knight.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

City of God - great film. Cant believe I hadnt seen it before now. So City of Men, the sequal - any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

City of God - great film. Cant believe I hadnt seen it before now. So City of Men, the sequal - any good?

well woth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Watched The Shining again last night, just brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Thunder Bay - James Stewart. Yes, I know no-one else has seen it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Matinee, love me some Joe Dante and its a charming little movie. Set in Key West during the Cuban missile crisis, a young boy who is a huge monster movie fan is going through teenage stuff while the Hitchcockesque showman movie producer Lawence Woolsey (John Goodman) brings his latest monster flick Mant! to the town for its premiere to capitalise on the impending nuclear war hysteria gripping the town, nice little movie, pity it didnt do so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

dinner for schmucks- dont bother utter pointless dribble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Winter's Bone - Excellent piece. Go see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Voltwad wrote: »
    Winter's Bone - Excellent piece. Go see it.
    Yep, itching to see this.. have the Region 1 DVD pre-ordered.

basquille wrote: »
    Yep, itching to see this.. have the Region 1 DVD pre-ordered.

Personally I'd wait for the R2 Blu Ray.

Personally I'd wait for the R2 Blu Ray.
    I presume you mean Region B! ;)

Will that even be released this side of Christmas? Might wait to see if the Region A Blu-ray is region-free.. it's out in 3 weeks time in the US on DVD and Blu-ray.

EDIT: Not out til January 24th 2011 on Region 2 DVD / Region B Blu-ray. Feck that!

I presume you mean Region B! ;)

Will that even be released this side of Christmas? Might wait to see if the Region A Blu-ray is region-free.. it's out in 3 weeks time in the US on DVD and Blu-ray.

I've grown tired of explaining to people that R2 and RB are the same so I've returned to simply calling it R2.

I would imagine that the RA Blu will be region free but you never know, a few reports have said it is region locked hat's yet to be verified. I have a copy preordered for months now and really can't wait to sit down one cold evening and watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 NBCPass

"The A Team"

I thought it would be a load of dribble, but I was surprisingly entertained. Good action and they made the story as original as they could.

7/10

I've grown tired of explaining to people that R2 and RB are the same so I've returned to simply calling it R2.
    Agreed.. was just in a pedantic mood tonight! ;)
    I would imagine that the RA Blu will be region free but you never know, a few reports have said it is region locked hat's yet to be verified. I have a copy preordered for months now and really can't wait to sit down one cold evening and watch it.
    Lionsgate are releasing it who have released roughly 60% of their titles as Region-Free.. it's not much of a margin, but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Black Dynamite. Brilliant!

Lionsgate are releasing it who have released roughly 60% of their titles as Region-Free.. it's not much of a margin, but here's hoping.

Could be worse, I've picked up Blu Ray series which were advertised as being region free and discovered that 1 of the discs isn't region free. The most ridiculous thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

saw the town a few hours ago, what else can i say but go see it,

currently give it a 9/10, will get another point if i get a real itch to watch it again on DVD,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Date Night. Thought it was alright. A little disappointed to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement