Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your first mobile?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

3310 god they were the days. It could not be broken. God we were easily pleased as youngsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a nokia ringo, i thought it was the dogs bollix at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kiwi123 wrote: »
    a nokia 5110 that i shared with my dad.

Ditto. Well shared, stole from, same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The Panasonic GD35, was fairly good actually (2001).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The Panasonic GD35, was fairly good actually (2001).

i had that phone for years, i loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Do you get the feeling you drop pretty much the same amount of calls now as when you started using a mobile?

Well.. maybe not drop, but having to 'move about' to hear the person again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Karsini wrote: »
    Panasonic GD-50 on Digifone. Didn't really want a phone at the time but it was bought for me.
    I had the GD92 with Esat, they were a way ahead of its time, 4 different lcd screen colours, programmable recurring alarm, vibration, heaps of ring tones. slim design. I don’t know why Panasonic lost the market in mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

A Nokia 3310

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Alcatel 311. Came with a free cd player in Woolworths :P
    http://www.canadiancontent.net/mobile/phone_pictures/alcatel-ot-311.jpg

Traded up to a 3210, then 3310, then that one you could make your own covers for, then a couple of motorola flip phones, then a sony ericsson. Still on that three years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

Nokia 3210 (2000) now I have the iphone 3g, can you imagine if i went back in time and gave myself the iphone in 2000, wouldn't of left my bedroom with the amount of po po on the thing! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

All Nokias: 3310, 3200, 6101, 6300 and now the one I have is a 3120 Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭D4NI3L88

Nokia 3310.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Siemens C25 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Nokia 5110 . Animal of a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Nokia 3210, the coolest phone ever

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Corkladddd!!

Motorola T191, bought it out of my summer job painting fences at 11 :D I bought another one about 6 years ago from an electrical shop that was closing down just to have it really, think it was €10.

My second phone was a 3310, still the back up to this day!!! Doesn't have the same email capabalities of my current phone(Nokia E63) though!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Nokia 3210, the god of all phones

I miss the original Snake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Nokia 3210 which I painted with nail varnish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MazG

I must say, I'm quite enjoying this thread. My first phone was a Motorola something which I got free when I opened an AIB student bank account way back in 1998. I've had a quick search to see if I can find a pic, but haven't been successful.

I traded up to a Nokia 3310 about two years later and I held on to that for about four years (although I had to get a new battery for it). I really loved it, especially 'cos my brother had gotten me a really nice cover for it that no one else had. It was kind of orangey with sort of Egyptian type designs on it. In fact, I think I still have the cover at home somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

First phone was a Motorola M3888:

http://www.spanjersberg.org/bilder/handys/m3888.jpg

Then I got a Nokia 3210 when it was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Nokia 5110, had it for three years. I tend to get three or four years use from each mobile

Then I went to college and AIB & ESAT gave us free mobiles in 2000 and Meteor did the same in 2001 or maybe that was 2002

Good times :D

I'm not sure if these offers happen anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Mine was the GD 30

I can still remember the conversation in the pub one day

Her: Hey have you heard of this "text message" thing ?

Me: No ?? Whats that ?

*Shown what it does*

Me: Sure that will never take off, what a stupid function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

Just bought me a refurbed 5110 on ebay yesterday. Looking forward to firing her up. Such a weapon.

First phone was a Trium Galaxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Nokia 3310 :cool:

My boyfriend still uses his 5140i as his work mobile I keep telling him to upgrade but he loves it too much. It has thick rubber case so you could throw it against a wall and it would still be perfect! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

The motorola ready-to-brick (088 2109888:cool:). When someone would ring it just said 'call' or if you missed a call because you were trying to extend the neverending aerial it said 'call' again. Then I nicked/inherited my mam's phone, some siemens model, it had a clicking noise when you texted. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

nokia 3210 every one had one at the time it seemed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

A 'brick'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

My first motorola brick didn't have silent mode. Had it for three years too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jonnreeds

cooltown wrote: »
    What was your first mobile?

The very first mobile I had was the analog type
    Ericsson SH888

Advertisement