Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Spoke to Youtravel who have said that they can rebook my hotel for me, but at higher price than 1800. Decided not to go for it and after checking with Bookings.com got same place for €100 cheaper than my original.. So if (when) I get cc to refund, should work out ok. Must say I was very nervous pressing that "purchase" button at end of the transaction tho'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

xraylady wrote: »
    Spoke to Youtravel who have said that they can rebook my hotel for me, but at higher price than 1800. Decided not to go for it and after checking with Bookings.com got same place for €100 cheaper than my original.. So if (when) I get cc to refund, should work out ok. Must say I was very nervous pressing that "purchase" button at end of the transaction tho'!!

If it was booking.com you should be fine they are owned by priceline and are a nasdaq quoted company.
    They are a large global company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sp_en_ny

Hi Everyone,

I hope this might be of help to you. I would not contact the hotels if your checking your booking is still booked. On your voucher it will say who the reservation is payable by, such examples will be Travco, GTA, Hotelbeds, Tourico, Hotel Connect to name a few.

It is these companies you need to telephone if you want to know for sure what has happened to your booking. The majority of suppliers for reservations that have not yet arrived will be or are in the process of being cancelled. This is becasue they have not been paid for past bookings and therefore have no alternative but to cancel to minimise any further loses.

If your booking has been cancelled then its worthwhile calling the hotel to see if you can rebook it and negotiate a rate with them as opposed to paying them at their rate.

If you booked by credit card you should be entitled to chargeback the amount you paid for your reservation through your bank.

If your booking is with Travco or anyone else for that matter I would advise all passengers to rebook with Travco's retail partner www.onhotels.com. Unfotunately Travco cannot handle the reservations themself because they are simply not geared up to make reservations with the general public and dont have a payment mechanism in place that would be suitable.

All of the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the suppliers can easily be obtained if you google them. Bearing in mind there may be many thousands of people trying to contact these suppliers my advice would be to telephone them rather then e-mailing them, unless of course your reservation is some way off and you have time on your side to get an answer.

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 LauraMcGonigle

Hi Sp_en_ny,

Thanks a lot for the advice.

I booked through HotelBeds, but cant find a phone number anywhere - tried the contact section of their website and it keeps throwing up an error.

Any chance you have contact details for them?
    sp_en_ny wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I hope this might be of help to you. I would not contact the hotels if your checking your booking is still booked. On your voucher it will say who the reservation is payable by, such examples will be Travco, GTA, Hotelbeds, Tourico, Hotel Connect to name a few.

It is these companies you need to telephone if you want to know for sure what has happened to your booking. The majority of suppliers for reservations that have not yet arrived will be or are in the process of being cancelled. This is becasue they have not been paid for past bookings and therefore have no alternative but to cancel to minimise any further loses.

If your booking has been cancelled then its worthwhile calling the hotel to see if you can rebook it and negotiate a rate with them as opposed to paying them at their rate.

If you booked by credit card you should be entitled to chargeback the amount you paid for your reservation through your bank.

If your booking is with Travco or anyone else for that matter I would advise all passengers to rebook with Travco's retail partner www.onhotels.com. Unfotunately Travco cannot handle the reservations themself because they are simply not geared up to make reservations with the general public and dont have a payment mechanism in place that would be suitable.

All of the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the suppliers can easily be obtained if you google them. Bearing in mind there may be many thousands of people trying to contact these suppliers my advice would be to telephone them rather then e-mailing them, unless of course your reservation is some way off and you have time on your side to get an answer.

Many thanks.

Hotelbeds is the more awkward of them all becasue they have offices all over the world which then fall under regional/global offices. What country were you going to stay in ?

• Advertisement

Hotelbeds is the more awkward of them all becasue they have offices all over the world which then fall under regional/global offices. What country were you going to stay in ?

hi sp_en_ey - staying in Agadir in Morocco, not til December thou...

Not sure what office this would fall under. try calling 0034 971 624 245 if this is the wrong office then you should be able to get the correct number you need. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Newbee09

How would i get in touch with TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO ??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Newbee09 wrote: »
    How would i get in touch with TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO ??!

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=TRANSFAR+AGENCIA+DE+VIAGENS+E+TURISMO

Maybe the third option? I'm assuming you are going to portugal.

I have to say this company rings a bell with me but i have come across so many companies with a similar name but different variations. Firstly have you booked hotel accommodation through them or is it a transfer/sightseeing tour ? I am not sure but i think they could be based in Brazil. I will look into it some more and if i find out anything concrete will let you know. Sorry i cant be of more help for now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Newbee09

Thanks so much for the help guys! It was a present for my mums 60th birthday so as you can imagine were tryin to get it sorted before she finds anything out!! thats what the voucher says payble through TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

It's on LiveLine NOW again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 24hrhotels

In the event your booking is cancelled www.24hrhotels.com is an Irish Company and an agent for Youtravel, HotelConnect and many others.

You can pay by Paypal or Credit Card through paypal which is a very secure method of payment.

You can search the site and rebook your accommodation if you are unfortunate enough to have encountered a cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kerjb

Hi All,

The same has just happened to me. I contacted the hotel today and they had cancelled my booking. however when i went to re-book it the price had jumped from €2020 to €3231. extremly unfair and they would not negotiate the the price as they have huge demand for their hotel.

I am so angry as I have booked the flights etc... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

HI All,

I just received the following mail from Youtravel bout my trip due to leave next Thurs...

Original Message
    From: 1800Hotels EMAIL="1800Hotels@youtravel.com"][U][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]mailto:1800Hotels@youtravel.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/EMAIL][SIZE=2 [/SIZE]
    Sent: 14 July 2010 13:26
    Dear Mrs O'Connell
    As you are aware 1800 hotels have ceased trading.
    Your booking has not been cancelled but in order for us to reconfirm it with the hotel we do need to collect the amount of xxx due within the next 48 hours.

We accept all major credit cards, please note a credit card will incur a 2.5% surcharge and debit cards will be a 1% surcharge.

Once you have made payment we will issue you with a new accommodation voucher within 24 hours of the payment being authorised.

Please advise by email if you wish to make the payment and we will arrange for someone to call you to take your card details.

Alternatively if you no longer wish to travel please advise us so that we may cancel your booking.
    Kind regards.
    Emmeline Broad
    Customer service Administrator
    YOUTRAVEL.COM,
    Regus, 3000 Cathedral Hill, Guildford GU2 7YB, United Kingdom.
    t: 0871 426 1681
    f: +44 (0)208 588 9940

Not sure what office this would fall under. try calling 0034 971 624 245 if this is the wrong office then you should be able to get the correct number you need. Good luck.
    thanks sp_en_ny - got onto them and they confirmed that the booking has been cancelled. They were quite surprised that I was able to get a contact number for them thou! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Hi SP would this be the same number if you booked a hotel in the USA, specifically Florida. Thx, W

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Someone just told me they're affiliated with Hotels.com - is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Noel Gibbs

NO ITS NOT TRUE..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Volviclady

Hi

Has anyone got a satisfactory response for Tourico?? I just got this..........

You will need to contact 1800hotels with questions. Tourico is unable to
    comment further.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Noel Gibbs wrote: »
    NO ITS NOT TRUE..
    Didn't think so alright.

Cheers Noel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

Volviclady wrote: »
    Hi

comment further.

I'm also waiting for a reply from tourico,..just heard disturbing news on joe duffy,..one caller who booked using tsb visa said they will not cover his loss :eek: other banks aib,boi say they will...me thinks tsb are trying their luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Mine was booked through HotelConnect and I have to say they have been ever so helpful. The reservation ahs gone through to the hotel but they have to wait and see the outcome of the courtcase to see what the next step is i.e. having to pay again is probably the most likely outcome.

I rang the crowd I bought travel insurance from when booking my flight and it looks like liquidation of a company is not covered which is not good news as I paid via Laser. I'm going to get on to the bank and see what my chances are of ever seeing that money again. It's more complicated than if I had booked via Credit Card but it has been known to happen.

Lesson learned though, not booking via Laser card again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 katcali

Found a list of contact email adressess for different countries at http://suppliers.hotelbeds.com/infoSoporte.jsp#ukireland . I emailed Lanzarote which is where we are booked to go and got this reply:
    Dear xxxxxx,

unfortunately this is true and we have not received any payment from this touroperator. Our central has started cancelling all the reservations with this Touroperator 2 days ago. Yours has not yet been cancelled but will be.

In order to find out about your rights and possible reimbursement we suggest to all the guest affected to get in touch with an association called ABTA.

The contacts are the following: email: ABTA@abta.co.uk or the phone number is: 0044(0)2076372444

Also, if you are still interested in coming to the island you have the option of either booking with the hotel directly or via another website that works with us which is HOTELOPIA (where we have had no problems in the past).

Hoping this will help you get this issue solved, I remain.

Kind regards,

Maren Rittner

Cristina Calin
    (Booking Department)

Hotelbeds Accomodation & Destination Services
    Tel: (+34) 928.51.14.09 Fax: (+34) 928.51.09.91
    C/Garajonay, 18 izquierda.
    35510 Puerto del Carmen- LANZAROTE.
    www.hotelbeds.com
    At least we know where we stand in our situation now. We are going to try and rebook our originial rooms. We are lucky in a sense that we know there is availability and if the hotel want to keep our booking (3 apartments) they should honour the originial booking and price. If they dont there are plenty of reasonable places to stay in lanzarote. Different story for those in more expensive places. Hopefully we will get our refund from the bank. Thats another story altogether as we paid by Visa Debit card with Ulster Bank and are giving us conflicting info....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aoifemangan

Volviclady wrote: »
    Hi

comment further.

i rang them again today and got no joy, they have cancelled all 1800 bookings they have. The woman on the phone was very rude, just kept saying it wasnt her problem then hung up.

their phone number is 001 407 667 8700
    all bookings with them have been cancelled and cant be rebooked through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭aidanodr

http://www.protectmyholiday.com/purchase-cover.aspx?oid=13f48354-139d-48a5-85e4-f6c2a6f1fb13

I know its after the horse has bolted, but this might be of interest for the future. Their are too many airlines, travel companies and so on going bust. This crowd have policys that COVER:

- intermediary and/or booking agents
    - airline
    - pre-paid end suppliers

IF YOU WANT this covered.
    If any of these go bust you are sorted it seems. OK, you might pay a bit more, but alot less than if you loose all the money you paid for your holiday.

Newspaper articles about this crowd:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/2823147/Website-to-provide-cover-for-airline-collapse.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/sep/07/insurance.theairlineindustry

Cheers
    Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 8 griffinj

i have been onto ulster bank regarding recharge on my mastercard. They need a letter from the liquidators. Has anyone any idea how i will get this info i don't even know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

Hi all,

I called Hotelbeds (got their number from http://www.linkedin.com/companies/hotelbeds) I wast transferred a number of times but eventually got through to a lady in Spain who explained to me that they cancelled all 1800hotel bookings at the start of the month.

She said that I should contact the hotel or use another booking company to reconfirm. Unfortunately the hotel now tell me everything is booked up and their is nothing available in the area.

This just gets more and more confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

i rang them again today and got no joy, they have cancelled all 1800 bookings they have. The woman on the phone was very rude, just kept saying it wasnt her problem then hung up.

their phone number is 001 407 667 8700
    all bookings with them have been cancelled and cant be rebooked through them.

shower a bastards :mad: if our booking is cancled I intend to contact hotel direct & offer to pay original booking cost,..whilst claiming a refund through the CC company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elaine08

Hi,

I emailed my apartments and they said they still have my reservation but it can be cancelled 2 - 3 days before arrival. Now i'm not going to September so at least i have time to get this sorted. I have got the email address from earliers posts for hotelbeds and see what they will say. I just want to check will i get a refund from the booking with 1800 hotels before i rebook with someone else

Advertisement