Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Met the rnb singer Chris Brown after a show in a nightclub in Dublin he was sound, got a pic and didnt even see him hitting any women, very nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Met the rnb singer Chris Brown after a show in a nightclub in Dublin he was sound, got a pic and didnt even see him hitting any women, very nice :D

No matter how nice that man was to my face I'd still think he was a spineless little prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

No matter how nice that man was to my face I'd still think he was a spineless little prick.

Yeah I agree with you, domestic violence is one of the worst things a man can do, no matter how pissed off you are with your missus should never resort to violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

xxchloexx wrote: »
    Fatboy slim , Complete and utter douchebag! Was at a gig and got backstage cause knew a guy doing security , It was really warm out and when i seen the "star" he was wearing a big coat and a pair of sunglasses? , why wear the two ha , i said to him "i can understand the sun glasses but you must be warm in the coat" he looked at me and said "unless yor getting your t**s out i suggest you shut your mouth" ... nice guy :rolleyes:

A real-life "Tits or GTFO", I'm hoping someone will come on with a story that someone said to them "I'm afraid that I'm having trouble believing you without photographic evidence." :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 HarlowLux

Jonathan Rhys Meyers,....but maybe only cause he was off his face!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Jonathan Rhys Meyers,....but maybe only cause he was off his face!

No, it seems to be a consensus that sober or drunk, the Cork langer is...well a bit of a langer!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

robodonkey wrote: »
    Michael O'Doherty of VIP "fame". Not a nice person. Long story but you get the picture.

Is this clown even a celeb:confused:

This is the "brains" behind that abomination VIP magazine which tries to convince pi**heads from around town that their sh*t dont stink and gives them a vehicle to make them become even more obnoxious :rolleyes: Someone mentioned Brian Ormond earlier, seriously WTF !

Used to work with a girl who would go to an opening of an envelope just to get her mug into VIP every other issue, there was mention of her in the "showbiz" diary in one paper one week and said she was a businesswoman, eh lets just say that slightly exaggerated her position in the organisation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Michael O'Doherty=Brendan O'Connor: two tools who fancy themselves as a Simon Cowell but are totally devoid of any of Cowell's charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Michael O'Doherty=Brendan O'Connor: two tools who fancy themselves as a Simon Cowell but are totally devoid of any of Cowell's charm.

Or money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 CK75

Good one Rochester!!!!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Jack Charlton: Came into a shop I used to work in a few yrs ago. Friendly enough. Signed an autograph for me.
    Paul Noonan (BellX1): Really nice guy. Have met him and the other lads from the band twice, and very nice on both occasions.
    Des Bishop: Rude and arrogant.
    Glen Hansard: A bit of a knob. Met him after a gig in Ennis a few yrs back. Was signing autographs but didnt seem too happy about it. I toyed with the idea of asking for a picture with him, but because he seemed all moody and grumpy, I decided not to in the end.
    Keith from Fair City: (If you'd even grant him celeb status) Total sleeze, possibly because he was langers, but you know what they say about first impressions!
    Mundy: Really nice guy. Posed for a pic and had a nice little chat.
    Mundy's wife: Impatient and rude!
    Josh Ritter: Now this is a guy that alot of celebs could learn a thing or two from. Absolute gentleman.
    Mario Rosenstock: Sound out and down to earth. Was at the live breakfast show in Limerick yesterday and met him. Took time afterwards to pose for pics and chat to everyone, and spent so long talking to ppl that the queue moved really slowly!
    Ian Dempsey: Same as above. Very impressed by his manner!

Oh, and I also met Rick O'Shea from 2fm. He was djing at a pub gig during rag week back during my college days, and wasnt at all nice. We went up and requested something (cant rem what exactly) from the charts at the time, which he refused to play (didnt offer any excuse or explanation). We attempted to chat to him, but he just came across as sarcastic and arrogant, and like someone who just didnt want to be there. And if that were the case, then he'd right to stay at home! Its one thing being rude when your out doing your own thing on your time off, but he was being paid to be there, and surely he should have anticipated that ppl would try talking to him. He reluctantly posed for a pic in the end, and he had a big sour grumpy head on him in the pic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Twink was actually lovely when we worked together for the Nazis in the concentration camps. She really enjoyed her work and was very enthuisiastic.

At least I think

That was the same Twink.;)

blinding wrote: »
    Twink was actually lovely when we worked together for the Nazis in the concentration camps. She really enjoyed her work and was very enthuisiastic.

At least I think

Love it!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

blinding wrote: »

At least I think

Probably, she's done a few FG Ard-Fheises in her time.

Her great mentor Mauren Potter once danced for Hitler (true story) shortly before he annexed the Sudetenland. Coincidence? We think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

Her great mentor Mauren Potter once danced for Hitler (true story) shortly before he annexed the Sudetenland. Coincidence? We think not.

That wasn't Maureen Potter but another cabaret artist who died a couple of years ago. Her name escapes me at the moment but she was Austrian, Swiss of German and settled in Ireland. Not remembering her name is gonna drive me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Condi wrote: »

Agreed, full of self importance.

Dolores O' Riordan (The Cranberries) was lovely though. Really down to earth, very polite. No "I'm a star" nonsense about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I stand corrected re Maureen Potter. I have been told that she was in a dance troupe that travelled to Germany and performed for Hitler.

The other cabaret artist I was trying to remember was Agnes Bernelle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Condi wrote: »
    I have to ask but are you joking there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

NikkiXxX wrote: »
    Seems like Kian egan is an absolute p***k, Everyone hates him..Makes me not ever want to meet him.:mad:

i went to school with someone who was an absolute dead ringer for kian egan , this guy was arrogant , vain , smug and a thuggish prick at times , id always assumed egan himself was a git but this thread has removed all doubt

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Trying to think back on any celebrity encounters and this reminded me :D Met Packie in Mantra nightclub in Castlebar 2 years ago and he told us to fuck off as soon as we spotted him.

Now Shea Given on the other hand, there's a friendly keeper!

most over rated keeper that ever put on a pair of gloves , my granny could get up quicker and shes been dead nine years , not often mentioned but bonner cost us entry into the 1992 european championships , the guys been living off that save from a crap penalty ( against romania in 1990) ever since

A friend of mine had an encounter with Rosanna and her boyfriend - she had nothing bad to say about Rosanna, but the boyfriend was an arrogant, jumped-up little **** apparently. (Stealing Emm511's phrase, but damn it, it's a good one!)

I know some people can be a bit snotty about Gráinne Seoige, but she was utterly lovely to me in a scenario where she had absolutely no need to notice me.

I worked in a clothes shop in Dublin a few years ago, when a then prominent Fair City actress came into the dressing rooms, and was horribly dismissive of all the staff there. She just flung her clothes in my direction when she was finished, without a word or a look. This isn't that common, especially as the store attracts an older clientele. I was pretty disgusted. Karma must have struck though, because her character was written out and she hasn't been back since :D

my sister works in tv production and worked on the last two seasons of the all ireland talent show , she says grainne seoige is an absolute joy to work with , a delight , keith duffy is a player and blaithnaidh is as reported , a diva

she also worked on celbrity banesteoir , katherine lynch is great , andrea roche is however ( unlike repoted in the media ) very difficult and demanding

davy7 wrote: »
    met pele in manchester airport about 15 years ago. he was walking along with 5 minders surrounding him, i ran up to him (bearing in mind i was only about 12 or 13 at the time!), the minders went mental pushing me away and Pele shouted at them to leave me alone and called me over for a photo and autograph!!

What a legend!!!

you can now die a happy man and tell god you,ve already met him

carmel27 wrote: »
    Oh, and I also met Rick O'Shea from 2fm. He was djing at a pub gig during rag week back during my college days, and wasnt at all nice. We went up and requested something (cant rem what exactly) from the charts at the time, which he refused to play (didnt offer any excuse or explanation). We attempted to chat to him, but he just came across as sarcastic and arrogant, and like someone who just didnt want to be there. And if that were the case, then he'd right to stay at home! Its one thing being rude when your out doing your own thing on your time off, but he was being paid to be there, and surely he should have anticipated that ppl would try talking to him. He reluctantly posed for a pic in the end, and he had a big sour grumpy head on him in the pic.

he,s just an oddball that guy , cant stand the sound of his voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Butterbox

Jack Charlton very nice. At an opening my 10yr old son asked for a photo with him. This photographer tried to pull my young lad out of the way so he could take his photos but Jack red him.

Richard Branson an absolute gent.

It is impossible to know if there are circumstances contributing to a celebs bad mood when you happen upon them. So possibly excusable for out-right rudness were Jennifer Saunders and Ade Edmondson.

No possible excuse for Frank Hall and Eugene Lambert. Dickh**ds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

A neighbour of mine had a very sick child, kid was a huge Man Utd fan and loved Roy Keane. The neighbour was at Old Trafford and left a note for Roy Keane at a reception desk. Roy Keane rang him back and gave him his number, said he would sort him out for match tickets anytime! Even spoke to the kid over the phone. Very sound of him.

Met Liam Gallagher at Knock Airport, legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Mary Harney dreadful lump

Advertisement