Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 summer2010

Also met Kate Hudson in Boston near in the park near the Park Plaza... She wouldn't let anybody near her, but it was understandable since she was filming at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭nehpets10

summer2010 wrote: »
    Also met Kate Hudson in Boston near in the park near the Park Plaza... She wouldn't let anybody near her, but it was understandable since she was filming at the time.

So you met her or saw her?

I've never met a celeb or anyone famous. I don't go actively hunting them out though. What do people even do with signatures, frame them? :o

If I was famous I wouldn't do autographs. I would do pictures though.

Douchbags:

Jonathan Rheyes Meyers: Acted like a real prima donna when I was on the set of the Tudors. Told a number of people that he did not associate with extras.

A few more douchbags but I'll save them for again

Nice as pie:
    Gillian Anderson: Met her at a film premier, when I told her I was a massive X-Files fan she spent a good 20 minutes chatting to me. Gave me a kiss on the cheek before she left.

Paul Kaye: An absolute gent. Took time to have a chat and take a pic even though he was all ready 10 minutes late to catch his plane.

Martin Sheen: A gent of the highest order. Met him in Galway and chatted awhile. I told him I was a massive Emilio Estevez fan and as he was leaving he asked me for my address. A short time later I get a large envelope in the post, inside a signed picture of Emilio.

Sam Neill: Another gent, had some spaghetti bolognaise with him and a truly great chat.

Jeremy Northam: Top bloke, a nice guy who spent a good hour chatting with me.

Rob Zombie: Was supposed to interview him but he had to cancel. Ended up ringing me and spent a good half hour just having a chat.

James Hetfield: Met him walking around Dublin after a gig and he was a complete gent. Took a photo and chatted a bit even going so far as to laugh at my Lars Ulrich joke.

There's more but I'm tired

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Martin Sheen: A gent of the highest order. Met him in Galway and chatted awhile. I told him I was a massive Emilio Estevez fan and as he was leaving he asked me for my address. A short time later I get a large envelope in the post, inside a signed picture of Emilio

Legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Not a celeb but met Nicola from Fair City in RTE a few years ago and she wasnt very nice at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Fatboy slim , Complete and utter douchebag! Was at a gig and got backstage cause knew a guy doing security , It was really warm out and when i seen the "star" he was wearing a big coat and a pair of sunglasses? , why wear the two ha , i said to him "i can understand the sun glasses but you must be warm in the coat" he looked at me and said "unless yor getting your t**s out i suggest you shut your mouth" ... nice guy :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Douchbags:

Jonathan Rheyes Meyers: Acted like a real prima donna when I was on the set of the Tudors. Told a number of people that he did not associate with extras.

this is different and I'm sure they werent his exact words, he was working and wouldnt want distractions, an extra should never aproach an actor on a film set, if an actor says hello to you and a few words you can possibly engage in a conversation with them but most of the time they are working hard.

they should acknowledge you but dont have to talk to you

this is different and I'm sure they werent his exact words, he was working and wouldnt want distractions, an extra should never aproach an actor on a film set, if an actor says hello to you and a few words you can possibly engage in a conversation with them but most of the time they are working hard.

they should acknowledge you but dont have to talk to you

Fairly certain they were his words as I was standing not 4 foot from him when he said it. You've obviously never been on a set as most of the time the actors are waiting around for the next set, I've been on sets where in a 12 hour day the main actors have been needed for maybe 4 hours on set. This occurred in the break between shooting and as such he has no excuse especially when other actors on the set whom I mentioned in my post had time to chat to anyone who approached them.

Dara O Briain

met him before he made it in the Uk, I was an 18yr old chap working in a venue, he was a nice guy and seems like he still would be

Fairly certain they were his words as I was standing not 4 foot from him when he said it. You've obviously never been on a set as most of the time the actors are waiting around for the next set, I've been on sets where in a 12 hour day the main actors have been needed for maybe 4 hours on set. This occurred in the break between shooting and as such he has no excuse especially when other actors on the set whom I mentioned in my post had time to chat to anyone who approached them.

Ive worked on many sets, 4-5 movies, 5-6 tv shows and a tv ad. Im a trained screen actor. If he was being rude there is no excuse for that but some actors dont like to talk to anyone, others will say hello, young guys usually like to chat to the pretty female extras during breaks.

• Advertisement

Packie Bonner.

he was on flight to Donegal and didnt seem to mind a few guys chatting to him on the airport bus and plane about the thiery henry handball(and other football stuff) even tho Packie was prob sick of it by that stage, think it had been a few weeks since the incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

xxchloexx wrote: »
    Fatboy slim , Complete and utter douchebag! Was at a gig and got backstage cause knew a guy doing security , It was really warm out and when i seen the "star" he was wearing a big coat and a pair of sunglasses? , why wear the two ha , i said to him "i can understand the sun glasses but you must be warm in the coat" he looked at me and said "unless yor getting your t**s out i suggest you shut your mouth" ... nice guy :rolleyes:

pure legend im starting to imagine fatboy slim now as eye ball paul from kevin and perry go large :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭asomeday

peaches geldof v rude and horrible

fragma just pure mental

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jemflux

They are only human I agree, but when you sell your talents and make your living from the Public you owe that Public at least a little respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Blobby George

I saw that woman who used to play Fidelma in Glenroe getting all uppity in a Galway hotel once. She even said 'do you know who I am' to the receptionist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 fitch34

Saw Glenda Gilson recently, Not Nice from what I saw!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I saw that woman who used to play Fidelma in Glenroe getting all uppity in a Galway hotel once. She even said 'do you know who I am' to the receptionist.

She was my drama teacher when I was younger. She's a tool. Even 12 year old me could tell that.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mcdermla

Leigh Arnold- uppity bitch who's in love with herself

Rosanna Davison- actually very quiet

Wesley Quirke- very childish acts like an 18 yr old lad, but harmless

Pippa O'Connor- kinda keeps to herself, better looking in pictures though

Brian Ormond- the typical 'do you know who i am' breed of non-celebrity; twat

Claire Tully- down to earth sweet girl, didn't go to VIP section as soon as she came into my bar, stood in a corner most of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Quilly

Ken Doherty :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

Michael O'Doherty of VIP "fame". Not a nice person. Long story but you get the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

fitch34 wrote: »

Met her once and she was friendly, quick chat and a photo no probs at all.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

fitch34 wrote: »

+1.

"LIKE":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Met several very sound soccer players. Not just Irish ones but Kevin Kilbane stood out as the soundest.

Robbie Keane is a **** though!

Nicest celeb I ever met was Eric Clapton.

I could give names of one or two not nice but I won't speak ill of the dead.

Kian Egan is one I will back up as being a cnut.

Disagree with one or two I've seen on this list. I think Keith Duffy is sound but I met him in the context of charity work. So maybe it depends.

Tiger Woods is a pure dick and it's interesting that he doesn't even bother trying to hide it anymore since his fall from grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok when I think about it I have actually met a few celebs in my time, and here is my list.

Had a job years ago at horse-racing and you got to see a few celebs. A lot of horsey people really do have their heads stuck up their arses but there were some nice ones.

Nicest of them all was Vincent O'Brien (RIP) the man was an absolute gentleman.
    Folllowed by Michael Smurfit, a real gent who would always say hello.
    John Oxx, Dermot Weld were also sound.
    Tracey Piggot is also a lovely lady.

The worst was Jim Bolger......one moany fcuk, with a 'Do you know who I am attitude' not a nice person at all.
    A lot of the jockeys were assholes as well, worst was Mick Kinnane, a grumpy miserable sh1te who wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire.

Also met lots of footballers, despite what people say here I met Robbie Keane a few years ago and he was sound. I was annoyingly drunk but he was sound with me.
    On the same night met Matt Holland, Shay Given and Andy Reid, and they were grand. Also met Brian Kerr, and he was all right too.

Saw Martin O'Neill late one night on Stephen's Green. Didn't want to bother him but loads of people were being rude to him by just going up to him and taking pictures with their phones, so I just went up and said 'Hi Martin, sorry to bother you just wanted to shake your hand'. He seemed to like that and spoke about the Ireland match he was going to the next day. More people came up to him for pictures which he handled well and then went out of his way to come back and shake hands with me again and say goodbye. I was very impressed.
    Did a day as an extra on 'The Treaty' years ago, and worked with Brendan Gleeson (sounds good doesn't it!). He wasn't as famous then as he is now but he was very nice.
    When travelling in Austrailia in 97 I worked in an Irish bar and Henry Thomas came in. 'Henry Who' I hear you ask, well he's not so famous now but he was the kid Elliot in 'ET'. He was a very quiet & polite person who minded his own business.

Met Steve Davis & Dennis Taylor (separately) years ago as well and they were great.

Most legendary person I ever met was years ago, when I was a kid in a bar in Bray on Saturday afternoon. I was about 8 and went to the toilet and stood next to a black guy with mad hair. He said 'Howya, are ya well?' in a Dub accent. Only when I pointed him out later to my Dad did I realise that I'd just had a piss with Phil Lynott.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Once had a piss with Gary Breen (footballer) and as he was there for a function for somebody that got hurt at work I was impressed that he showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Contrary to a post above, I met Ken Doherty last year at a snooker event, was sound out. Never met a celeb who was a pr!ck actually.
    Met Bernard Dunne last month in Dublin, he was happy to stop for a photo.
    Met David O'Leary the same day! He was nice aswell.
    Ryan Tubridy was surprisingly very nice, and Ray d'Arcy was sound enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

IrishKev wrote: »
    Contrary to a post above, I met Ken Doherty last year at a snooker event, was sound out.

What about indoors? Was he sound indoors too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Vladidim

xxchloexx wrote: »

Ha nice retort from Fat Boy Slim

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

beauty101 wrote: »
    David Walliams...not as nice as you'd expect, in fact he was downright rude

Met David Williams at The Panel Live a few years ago, sound man. Thought he'd be a bit uptight tbh from what you'd see of him on TV, but he was sound out :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Rudest celebrity I ever met was Alex Higgins, about 25 years or so sitting behind him in Geoffs, Had a nephew of mine with me who adorned him. I approached him during the break and asked him for his autograph for the Nephew, he turned around and told the 8 year old to go fcuk off.... I told him he was a total dick head... Shortly after I was asked to move to another seat..

He used to drink in my grandfathers pub and god did my old pair hate him. He used to play all the working men for what little money they had. My mam said my granddad literally kicked him out manys a time.

I would echo twink. I was leaving Dundrum cinema and as I was just coming up to the door Twink burst through and whacked me a shoulder running towards the cinema she turned around a shouted "For christ sake will you watch where you are walking!!!!"

A Classless bint and this thread proves it.

Advertisement