Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auschwitz Museum Director Reveals 'Gas Chamber' Hoax

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

The name in polish language is Oświęcim also. It is the name of the village where the camp was built. Oświęcim in german language is Auschwitz. It was built in the end of the 1939. Before, there were polish army barracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭T "real deal" J

Absolute garbage. 1 million people simply disappeared into thin air? Cop on.

Anyway this Holocaust denial argument is irrelevant when you take into account the extermination camps (ie. Treblinka 800,000 jews killed)....every single jew that arrived there sent straight to the gas chambers. 310,000 Warsaw jews were sent there.

Anyway this Holocaust denial argument is irrelevant when you take into account the extermination camps (ie. Treblinka 800,000 jews killed)....every single jew that arrived there sent straight to the gas chambers. 310,000 Warsaw jews were sent there.

Auschwitz was no individual camp. It was the group of camps:Auschwitz I, Auschwitz II ( Birkenau) and Auschwitz III (Monowitz).
    About 80 % arrived people were sent straight to the gas chambers, rest of them were killed in many different ways.
    There were killed:
    1,1 milion Jews from all over Europe
    about 150,000 Polish people
    over 20.000 Romanian people
    and about 30.000 from different countries.
    (ie. Treblinka 800,000 jews killed)
    There were Treblinka I and Treblinka II.
    Treblinka(SS-Sonderkommando Treblinka) I it was the work camp and Treblinka II extermination camp.
    Most people died in the second one. About 713 555(German date) Jews. Not only in the gas chambers. As well from diseases, starvation, tortures, and many different ways(ie. when there was nothing to do, SS guards(Waffen-SS and Ukrainian guards) just shot to the prisoners, because they were bored)

I can recommend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz:_The_Nazis_and_the_%27Final_Solution%27

Sorry, if I made some language mistake(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

em...which 1 million people are you talking about?

Pre 1990 Auschwitz claim
    plaq4m1.jpg

Post 1990 Auschwitz claim
    jewsauschwitzplaque2.gif

because it seems 2.5 million disappeared in the blink of an eye beteween 1989 & 1990 (45 years after the end of the war), if the 2 pics above are anything to go by

which is true ? that's the basis of the whole discussion here, seperating information from disinformation, while we're still allowed to.

marcsignal wrote: »

The 1 million people who were sent there and didn't make it out alive. The Germans meticulously recorded these movements in their paperwork. The germans have paperwork for every single person (jewish or otherwise) that was sent there. Read Martin Gilbert's "the holocaust". He references german records of jewish extermination.

Now, you've posted 2 photographs here. The 2nd one could be from anywhere. They prove nothing and this is just speculative holocaust denial. Who put them up? Why? This garbage is weakly speculative, devious and not researched in depth. It is an insult to the former jewish population of europe completely wiped out.

• Advertisement

The 1 million people who were sent there and didn't make it out alive. The Germans meticulously recorded these movements in their paperwork. The germans have paperwork for every single person (jewish or otherwise) that was sent there. Read Martin Gilbert's "the holocaust". He references german records of jewish extermination.

So let me get this straight, you're claiming only 1 million people died at Auschwitz? despite the fact the plaque currently on display at Auschwitz says 1.5million people, so who exactly is the Holocaust denier here ? you or me ?
    Now, you've posted 2 photographs here. The 2nd one could be from anywhere. They prove nothing and this is just speculative holocaust denial. Who put them up? Why? This garbage is weakly speculative, devious and not researched in depth. It is an insult to the former jewish population of europe completely wiped out.

you may well believe it's from anywhere, but it just so happens to be the one on display in Auschwitz today, unless it's recently been lifted along with the 'Arbeit Macht Frei' sign ?

Pre 1990 Auschwitz claim
    plaq4m1.jpg

Post 1990 Auschwitz claim
    jewsauschwitzplaque2.gif

because it seems 2.5 million disappeared in the blink of an eye beteween 1989 & 1990 (45 years after the end of the war), if the 2 pics above are anything to go by

which is true ? that's the basis of the whole discussion here, seperating information from disinformation, while we're still allowed to.

In 1945 Russian counted about 5 milion killed people. They have counted how many gas chambers were in the camp and how many people could be killed there every single day.
    It was official version till 1989. Polish historians could do nothing because communist party stopped them.
    The germans have paperwork for every single person (jewish or otherwise) that was sent there
    Not exactly. Most of them were killed in Birkenau and they have been not counted before they were sent to the gas chambers. Most of the German paperwork was devastated and this is very difficult to count victims.

Artur.PL wrote: »
    In 1945 Russian counted about 5 milion killed people. They have counted how many gas chambers were in the camp and how many people could be killed there every single day.
    It was official version till 1989. Polish historians could do nothing because communist party stopped them.

Thanks Arthur.PL, that touches on some of the points I raised in post #15, that much of what we have been told has been heavily influenced by Communist Cold War tension between the USSR and the Americans.

also, your spelling is fine, I'm sure everyone reading can understand what you mean without any problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

yet most of this paperwork was lost, and the Arm tattoos of the survivors dont add up if there were so many people being processed, cones to around 30% of the claimed number.

this Sort of Sh t really annoys me, you obviously havent read the thread, you obviously have no Idea where the 2 photos are from or what the significance of them is, but imediatley you jump on the offensive and Accuse Marc of Being a "holocaust Denier" Even tho your figures are clearly Pulled out of your ass and his are meticulously researched.

its the same old ADL line, unless you speak about it in hushed reverend tones and vilify anyone seeking the Truth you are an Anti-Semite

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Artur.PL wrote: »

This also begs the question that, if the official death toll for Auschwitz was exposed as bunkum, then the deathtolls for other Polish camps could be suspect too, as the vast majority of information about them came from the Soviets as well.

• Advertisement

As I've written before, tilll 1989, official version was Soviet version. Polish researchers had no right to change it. They tried to do that in 1968 when the new version of the Polish encyclopedia was printed.
    Polish, communist, authority stopped them and they had to change it again with apology.

ie. Majdanek
    The official Soviet count was about 250.000. It was estimated.
    From 2005 we know, there were about 80.000 death toll.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majdanek_concentration_camp
    http://www.majdanek.pl/?lng=1

Victims are estimated in many cases because it was almost impossible to count it. German paperwork has been destroyed already and very often they did not do paperwork because they were in hurry.

Tony EH wrote: »
    other Polish camps
    They were not Polish. Please remember about that, because it is very important for us Polish
    people. Nazi camps in Poland not Polish camps

@ T "real deal" J

look, despite what you might be thinking, nobody is just getting on your case here, nobody.

the whole point of the thread here is 'open discussion about the Holocaust', and everybody's contributions are welcome. It's in nobodys interest that this thread turns into a cat fight and ends up being closed.

I think it might be an idea that you read the thread from the start just so you can see for yourself where everybody stands on this, and I think it's important to point out that the thread is not a platform for anyone who thinks the Holocaust was a good thing, nor is it a platform for 'Jew Baiting' or hatred for other races.

The Holocaust, just like everything else, has been, and still is in my opinion, embroiled in politics. Some of it has been embroidered by interest groups to push their agenda, and in the course of that, has been presented to the world with heaps of poetic licence.

The object of the exercise here is to seperate the wheat from the chaff, and to try to determine what was feasible, possible, and factual. It's a very sensitive subject, everyone here acknowledges that, and by and large, these sensitivities are respected.

this thread is about opinion, everybody's opinion. Luckily we can still have free opinion about this subject in Ireland, because here we don't have insane 'thought policing' Holocaust Denial laws..... yet...

on that note, for anyone who has just arrived on this thread...

PLEASE read the thread from the beginning. It's unfair for anyone to just wade in at the end and make self righteous assumptions about people, and please try to remember, that being called a 'Holocaust Denier' is not nice, it's right up there with 'Paedophile' and 'Rapist' in many people's eyes.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

gizmo555 wrote: »
    This is a complete falsehood. Or maybe you can provide a reference to where the author, the publishers, the makers of the film version, or anyone else connected with this book claimed it was a true story?

I was reading back over the thread and I believe this part here about the holocaust story sold as true but uncovered as fiction may have been due to some crossed wires along the way.

There was a story written as fact which was later uncovered to be pure fantasy.

I remember this story -the guy was on oprah with his wife - both lying through their teeth for the $'s.

Herman Rosenblat's Holocaust memoir of love is exposed as a hoax

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5409220.ece
    A heartwarming Holocaust memoir that is to become a big-budget film has been exposed as a hoax by a Jewish survivor in Britain only weeks before it was due to be published.

Herman Rosenblat's Angel at the Fence: The True Story of a Love that Survived, tells how he met his future wife as a girl when she threw apples to him over the barbed wire fence of the concentration camp where he was held.

Oprah Winfrey, who twice invited Mr Rosenblat on to her talk show, hailed the book as “the single greatest love story ... we've ever told on air”. The still-unpublished memoir became the basis for a children's book and $25 million (£17 million) feature film, The Flower of the Fence, which is due to start shooting in March.

The February 3 publication date was abruptly cancelled at the weekend, however, when Berkley Books, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA), said it had received “new information” from the author's agent.

Mr Rosenblat, 79, a retired television repairman living in Miami, said that he met his future wife while he was a teenage boy in Schlieben, a sub-division of the Buchenwald concentration camp.

The nine-year-old girl, he said, tossed him an apple. The two met again by chance when Mr Rosenblat agreed to a blind date with a Polish immigrant named Roma Radzicki in Coney Island in 1957, and recognised her. They married soon afterwards.

Holocaust scholars doubted the story, and it was exposed by the New Republic magazine. Ben Helfgott, a former Schlieben inmate, told the magazine that Mr Rosenblat's story was “simply an invention”. Mr Rosenblat joins the swelling ranks of discredited memorists. “I wanted to bring happiness to people,” he said. “I brought hope to a lot of people. My motivation was to make good in this world.”

The film's producer plans to go ahead. Harris Salomon, of Atlantic Overseas Pictures, said he had always planned a “loose and fictionalised adaptation”.

____

The fact is that in some european countries if you had said that this story was garbage you could have been fined or possibly imprisoned for your troubles. You can not accept these multitude of stories as gospel truth if there is no coroboration whatsoever.

Believe it or believe it not - there is a new book in the pipeline which now claims that yes this guy made the whole thing up - but that the reason why he invented the story was the fault of the nazis as he had been so traumatised that it led him to create the story. Write the novel. Pocket the money sign the film contract and appear repeatedly on oprah etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭CuriousOne

@ marcsignal

I would like to thank you for your contributions to this extremely interesting, informative, emotive, and sometimes, controversial thread. You, in my opinion, expressed well-informed views in an intelligent, cohesive, and respectful manner and refused, through your integrity, to allow this sensitive discussion to degenerate, while others, who also should be commended for their contribution, unfortunately, could not resist, albeit in another thread.

It is my experience, when one observes that the accepted wisdom/history/science does not make sense, then a re-examination is imperative, regardless of the resistance to and the implications thereof and the responsibility for that re-examination rests on the shoulders of the individual observer.

marcsignal, you have a new fan.

CuriousOne wrote: »

wow! ..... em... I dunno what to say, except thanks for your vote of confidence CuriousOne, i'm genuinely speechless :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

I went on a transition year trip to Auschwitz 2 years ago with my class..... a harrowing experience indeed. I found it hard to believe that all those people were killed there... for instance the chambers themselves (the demolished ones) seemed so small, I was expecting something much bigger. The exact numbers don't matter, imho many innocent people died there and it is indeed a reminder of mans inhumanity to man. I have many memories of the day but one sticks in my mind more than anything....

After the guide showed us around the places were all these people had been killed(I was AMAZED by the amount of smiling happy tourists-my group was completely shell shocked into silence, a respectful one), the wall of execution, the chambers, the places were the ashes were dumped, the collection of hair, glasses, children's toys(that was very distressing) etc the final stop was the place of execution of the camp commandant...

The guide told us "not to feel sorry for this, this is a good thing"
    I didn't know quite what to make of that, and still don't.

the whole point of the thread here is 'open discussion about the Holocaust', and everybody's contributions are welcome. It's in nobodys interest that this thread turns into a cat fight and ends up being closed.
    I don't see what the point of this thread is. "Open discussion on the Holocaust" you say. Bull. "Auschwitz Museum Director Reveals Gas Chamber Hoax" is quite more directional and implicative. A more open discussion would discuss the collaboration of other countries with the germans in the holocaust or the Catholic church's collaboration in the rounding up of jews. Holocaust perpetrators flocked to the vatican post war so they could get false documents from the Monsignors to go to south america. This is fact. Not opinion.
    I think it might be an idea that you read the thread from the start just so you can see for yourself where everybody stands on this, and I think it's important to point out that the thread is not a platform for anyone who thinks the Holocaust was a good thing, nor is it a platform for 'Jew Baiting' or hatred for other races.

As above, yes I have read the start of the thread. Fact. Dr. Franciszek Piper established 1.1m (1m jews) were sent to and killed at Auschwitz. But this is besides the point. This is not an "open discussion" on the holocaust.
    The Holocaust, just like everything else, has been, and still is in my opinion, embroiled in politics. Some of it has been embroidered by interest groups to push their agenda, and in the course of that, has been presented to the world with heaps of poetic licence.

This sounds like palestinian cause rhetoric. I surmise that this implies that Israel is exaggerating the Holocaust for it's own political ends (what else would you be pointing at). I sympathise with the Palestinian situation but the suggestion that Israel is using the holocaust as a preempt for incursions into the west bank and gaza is incorrect. This would display a lack of understanding of the Israel-Palestinian conflict. Fact. 6 million jews were killed by genocide in WW2. What are you on about with your poetic licence. If 6 million weren't killed then what are you saying?

this thread is about opinion, everybody's opinion. Luckily we can still have free opinion about this subject in Ireland, because here we don't have insane 'thought policing' Holocaust Denial laws..... yet...

No, this thread is about facts. Opinions? 6 million jews were either killed or not. fact. I have relatives that were sent to auschwitz and I find it grossly insulting for people to question the existence of the gas chambers, when my own relatives never came out of there alive. Yes it is illegal in Germany and Austria to publish "Gas chamber hoax" stories and this is correct. People like President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad question the existence of the gas chambers. In this 'open discussion about the Holocaust' these "Holocaust is exaggerated" conspiracies are not welcome.

Originally Posted by marcsignal View Post
    This sounds like palestinian cause rhetoric. I surmise that this implies that Israel is exaggerating the Holocaust for it's own political ends (what else would you be pointing at). I sympathise with the Palestinian situation but the suggestion that Israel is using the holocaust as a preempt for incursions into the west bank and gaza is incorrect.

To say that israel and pro-israel advocacy groups use the holocaust for political gain is not palestinian rhetoric.

I would agree with the israeli columnist here on this issue ;

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1145670.html

Holocaust remembrance is a boon for Israeli propaganda

Israel's bigwigs attacked at dawn on a wide front. The president in Germany, the prime minister with a giant entourage in Poland, the foreign minister in Hungary, his deputy in Slovakia, the culture minister in France, the information minister at the United Nations, and even the Likud party's Druze Knesset member, Ayoob Kara, in Italy. They were all out there to make florid speeches about the Holocaust.

Wednesday was International Holocaust Remembrance Day, and an Israeli public relations drive like this hasn't been seen for ages. The timing of the unusual effort - never have so many ministers deployed across the globe - is not coincidental: When the world is talking Goldstone, we talk Holocaust, as if out to blur the impression. When the world talks occupation, we'll talk Iran as if we wanted them to forget.

It won't help much. International Holocaust Remembrance Day has passed, the speeches will soon be forgotten, and the depressing everyday reality will remain. Israel will not come out looking good, even after the PR campaign.

On the eve of his departure, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke at Yad Vashem. "There is evil in the world," he said. "Evil must be stamped out at the beginning." Some people are "trying to deny the truth." Lofty words, said by the same person who only the day before, not quite in the same breath, uttered very different words, words of true evil, evil that should be extinguished at the start, evil that Israel is trying to hide.

Netanyahu spoke of a new "migration policy," one that is evil through and through. He malevolently lumped together migrant workers and wretched refugees - warning that they all endanger Israel, lower our wages, harm our security, make us into a third-world country and bring in drugs. He zealously supported our racist interior minister, Eli Yishai, who has spoken of the migrants as the spreaders of diseases such as hepatitis, tuberculosis, AIDS and God knows what else.

No Holocaust speech will erase these words of incitement and slander against migrants. No remembrance speech will obliterate the xenophobia that has reared its head in Israel, not only on the extreme right, as in Europe, but throughout government.

We have a prime minister who speaks about evil but is building a fence to prevent war refugees from knocking at Israel's door. A prime minister who speaks about evil but shares the crime of the Gaza blockade, now in its fourth year, leaving 1.5 million people in disgraceful conditions. A prime minister in whose country settlers perpetrate pogroms against innocent Palestinians under the slogan "price tag," which also has horrific historical connotations, but against whom the state does virtually nothing.

This is the prime minister of a state that arrests hundreds of left-wing protesters against the injustices of the occupation and the war in Gaza, while time grants mass pardons to the right-wingers who demonstrated against the disengagement. In his speech yesterday, Netanyahu's equating Nazi Germany with fundamentalist Iran was no more than cheap propaganda. Talk about "degrading the Holocaust." Iran isn't Germany, Ahmedinejad isn't Hitler and equating them is no less spurious than equating Israeli soldiers with Nazis.

The Holocaust must not be forgotten, and there is no need to compare it with anything. Israel must take part in the efforts to keep its memory alive, but in doing so it must show up with clean hands, clean of evil of their own doing. And it must not arouse suspicion that it is cynically using the memory of the Holocaust to obliterate and blur other things. Regrettably, this is not the case.

How beautiful it would have been if on this international day of remembrance Israel had taken the time to examine itself, look inward and ask, for example, how it is that anti-Semitism has reared its head in the world precisely in the past year, the year after we dropped white-phosphorous bombs on Gaza. How beautiful it would have been if on this International Holocaust Remembrance Day, Netanyahu had declared a new policy for integrating refugees instead of expulsion, or lifted the Gaza blockade.

A thousand speeches against anti-Semitism will not extinguish the flames ignited by Operation Cast Lead, flames that threaten not only Israel but the entire Jewish world. As long as Gaza is under blockade and Israel sinks into its institutionalized xenophobia, Holocaust speeches will remain hollow. As long as evil is rampant here at home, neither the world nor we will be able to accept our preaching to others, even if they deserve it.

Here is another less formal example, this is from boards.ie today.

The point of posting this is to illustrate the widespread prevalence of this tactic in the area of day to day conversations and to illustrate just how much mileage pro israel advocacy groups clamour to wring out of this subject ;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64495929&postcount=79
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64496998&postcount=98
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64497956&postcount=126
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64498948&postcount=153

That was one thread by one GIYUS type of israeli advocacy poster. To say that pro israel advocacy groups do use the holocaust to justify israeli warcrimes is not accurate at all.

I don't see what the point of this thread is. "Open discussion on the Holocaust" you say. Bull. "Auschwitz Museum Director Reveals Gas Chamber Hoax" is quite more directional and implicative.

Well... I believe you'll find, that I didn't start this thread. If you have some issue about the thread title? take it up with the OP, Polishpaddy. It just so happens that the thread has since evolved, into what I still believe, is an open discussion regarding the Holocaust, generally. Or perhaps you'd prefere the term 'open debate' ? I'm easy either way, as long as nobody's right to free speech, free opinion, and freedom of expression is infringed upon. We are living in Ireland here, a constitutional democracy, NOT Nazi Germany, or some other country where questioning the status quo on this issue, can land you in jail. I will reserve my entitlement to ask questions about this issue freely if I wish. This is a free country, and as a citizen, that is my right.
    A more open discussion would discuss the collaboration of other countries with the germans in the holocaust or the Catholic church's collaboration in the rounding up of jews. Holocaust perpetrators flocked to the vatican post war so they could get false documents from the Monsignors to go to south america. This is fact. Not opinion..

Nobody's disputing Holocaust complicity, in terms of other countries, the Catholic Church or Vatican. Those facts are documented, and I'm pretty sure everyone here is aware of that, but you seem to be under the impression that complicity was confined to the territories occupied by the Nazis. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Not only did the British Foreign Office scupper any attempts to enable large amounts of Jews to enter Britain before the war, but flat refused to bomb Auschwitz Birkeneau later, despite the fact that bombing missions carried out on the Auschwitz Monowitz complex (which they were attacking because of the production of synthetic fuel there) would have brought them directly over the Birkineau complex. Furthermore, despite pleas from Jewish lobbiests based in Britain, a directive was issued to junior officials in the Foreign Office to 'Not entertain any further requests of this nature' with regard to bombing Auschwitz Birkeneau. Pretty noble of the British, wouldn't you say ?

Jewish refugees encountered similar problems trying to enter the US, with large corporations like 'Chase Manhattan Bank', extorting monies from only the wealthiest Jews, in order to get into the country. Oliver stone is currently in the process of making a movie highlighting the level of Holocaust complicity on the Allied side, implicating Organisations such as Chase Manhattan, and IBM. So yes, it would seem that Holocaust complicity has cast a very long and embarrassing shadow. It's just that it stretches far beyond the borders of Nazi occupied Europe. The problem is, that most of us that have been aware of the fact for years, have been labeled 'quacks' up to now, but it is certainly no secret, just a huge embarrassment for the Allies, AKA 'the good guys'.

In fact, digging a little further, you'll find that certain occupied European countries have a far better track record for protecting their Jews. Denmark for example shipped nearly all of their Jews to the safety of Sweden in a very short period of time, to prevent them falling into the hands of the Nazis. They did so, ironically, on the basis of an overt tip-off from the leading Nazi in charge of the country. The Italians, and Mussolini in particular was very very reluctant to co-operate in the rounding up of Italian Jews, and many bureaucratic efforts were made to throw a spanner in the works for the Nazis in this regard. It would seem, despite Nazi occupation, both countries (& one an Axis Ally of Germany) did more to ensure the safe passage of European Jews than the Allies did in most cases.

You are absolutely correct to point out Vatican complicity in aiding war criminals like Adolf Eichmann and Joseph Mangele to obtain Red Cross documentation, in order to evade capture, and the role some Monsignors had in this. However, you neglect to mention the role of Irish Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty, who was instrumental in helping Jews flee the Nazis, through the Vatican, during the war. In fact he practially taunted the Nazis to try to catch him doing so. Nor do you mention Clemens August Graf von Galen An outspoken critic of the Nazi regime, who issued forceful, public denunciations from within Germany, of the Third Reich's euthanasia programs. An integral part of, and arguably the beginning, or the experimental stepping stone, of what could be called the Holocaust.

Despite these oversights, I'll refrain from making any inferences of 'Anti-Christianism' on your part, for only seeming to notice the negative, in this instance, with regard to the Vatican, and the Catholic Church, an organisation I might add, for which I have no special love anyway.
    As above, yes I have read the start of the thread. Fact. Dr. Franciszek Piper established 1.1m (1m jews) were sent to and killed at Auschwitz. But this is besides the point. This is not an "open discussion" on the holocaust.

You seem to have great faith in the integrity of Dr. Franciszek Piper, it's the second time you've cited him. That's something I must admit I find rather remarkable, considering it was his on-screen admission in the 'Cole in Auschwitz' video which lead to this thread being started in the first place.

Are you aware of the fact Dr. Franciszek Piper (the man you have cited twice to support your claims) has publicly admitted that the 'Gas Chamber' in Auschwitz I, was in fact, fabricated after the war by the Soviet Union? Apparently on the direct orders of Josef Stalin. What Piper said, in effect, and on camera, was that the explosive 1988 Leuchter Report was correct, and that no homicidal gassings took place in the buildings designated as 'homicidal gas chambers' at Auschwitz I.

So, that considered, do you still think Dr. Franciszek Piper is a man of honourable integrity? or might he fall into the catagory of a Holocaust denier?
    This sounds like palestinian cause rhetoric. I surmise that this implies that Israel is exaggerating the Holocaust for it's own political ends (what else would you be pointing at). I sympathise with the Palestinian situation but the suggestion that Israel is using the holocaust as a preempt for incursions into the west bank and gaza is incorrect. This would display a lack of understanding of the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

The point I was making with reference to 'politics' here is the simple fact that the Nazi Holocaust is frequently dragged into the equation by Israel, with regard to the Middle East, and used as an idealogical weapon, to 'bludgen critics of Israel into silence'. Professor Norman Finkelstein touches on some of what I mean @ 09:00mins into this YouTube lecture. That is the only context in which I meant 'embroiled in politics' with regard to the Holocaust.
    Fact. 6 million jews were killed by genocide in WW2.

Early calculations range from 5.1 million from Raul Hilberg, to 5.95 million from Jacob Leschinsky, and British historian Martin Gilbert, who you have already mentioned, arrived at a number of 5.75. So despite the fact that those 3 respected academics can't agree on a figure, you are absolutely sure of the 6million figure?
    Is that what I am to understand?

Out of those 3, Raul Hilberg is the one I would be given to relying upon most, for 2 reasons. Firstly, because his first edition of 'The destruction of the European Jews' was written in the 50's, not long after the event took place, and the availability of living witnesses, and documentation, more likely, and Secondly, in my opinion, any work written after 1967 is unfortunately, more likely to be contaminated with Middle Eastern politics. If you're unsure about what I mean there, I will be a little more specific.

Prior to 1967 there were only 2 proper scholarly works written about the Holocaust, Hilbergs 'The destruction of the European Jews' and another Jewish scholar, whos' name escapes me at time of posting, wrote a very detailed, and well researched piece of work on the Gestapo. Since 1967 there have been thousands of so called 'scholarly' works written on the Holocaust, many published by what are called 'Vanity Press Publishers' where you essentially pay to have your work published, and these works, by and large, are not peer reviewed by any respected Historians of the period.

Also, what comment do you have to make regarding the Letter published in 1919, by Martin H Glynn which was posted earlier in the thread, and who cited the 6million figure 6 times ? coincidence ?
    What are you on about with your poetic licence.

Here's what I'm on about with my poetic licence. Let's just take Schindlers List for starters, as an example, since it's very possibly the best known movie, relating to the Holocaust.

1: Here is a well known still picture, taken from Schindlers List, showing SS Kommandant Amon Goth, shooting at prisoners in the Plaslow KZ from the balcony of his house located on the complex.
    plas18.jpg

There's only one problem with that, if we're going by the book here. It's a simple impossibility for that to have ever happened, as it's been presented to us by Stephen Spielberg. Why ? Because Amon Goths house was located on the other side of the hill, and didn't overlook the Plaslow camp compound. Also The Stable boy who helped Amon Goeth was not shot, and he in fact survived the Holocaust.

Here is a real picture of Amon Goth and a friend sitting on his actual balcony, and as you can see,the camp compound is not visible from his balcony..
    plas16.jpg

See ? Poetic Licence, and factually untrue.

(The following 3 points are taken, more or less, directly from the source cited below piont 4)

2: Another point is with regard to Itszak Stern (69518) working for Schindler in the “Emalia” factory as his accountant. Stern never worked for Schindler. Schindler's accountant and factory manager was the Jew Abraham Bankier (69268). Bankier was the previous owner of “Emalia” under the commercial business name “Rekord”. Ousted from his own factory by bankruptcy, Bankier became the manager for Schindler and to many of the “Schindler Jews” was the “king-pin” behind most of Schindler's activities.*

3: The “List” of Oskar Schindler is not as straightforward as one might think. Although it remains the framework from which everything radiates, it takes on different and perplexing guises as the Schindler story unfolds. What we must appreciate is that the “list” we identify with Schindler, i.e., the list of names he selected for the exodus of his “Schindler Jews” on the transport from KL (Concentration Camp) Plaszow to Brunnlitz in October 1944, should not be directly identified with the “list” that can be located in the archives at Yad Vashem. The Yad Vashem “list” is a German document drawn up from a list of names presented to them on behalf of Schindler and subsequently initially processed (with alterations and replacement names made for personal gain) by the Jew, Marcel Goldberg (69510) in the labour office of Plaszow and later in the administration department of Gross-Rosen Concentration camp.*

4: The basis of Schindler's original list was the 300 Jews retained for decommissioning purposes in the “Emalia” factory when it was being closed down in August 1944. It was these Jews who were the first batch to be transferred to Brunnlitz. The remainder of his workers, some 800, had been sent to Plaszow. Apart from a small number of personally sanctioned Jews chosen by Schindler, the names of the remainder that were to make up the Brunnlitz transport were left in the hands of Marcel Goldberg (69510) and SS-Unterscharfuhrer (Corporal) Smith of the Jewish labour office in Plaszow. This is when the wheeling and dealing and the corruption took place and the corruption when diamonds talked. Some of the most distinguished community leaders were removed from the list and replaced by those who could pay. Schindler had almost nothing to do with the list as he was in Jail at the time.*

*Source for points 2, 3,& 4

5: The girl in the red clothing, seen by Schindler as she tried to escape the ghetto, later reappears dead, exhumed and burned at the Plaszow camp, still in her red clothes. All Jews were told to disrobe completely before they were gassed at the camps, and their clothes were sent to Germany as part of the "Spinnstoffsammlung" action - collecting of clothes, boots etc. for the purpose of German soldiers and their families. It is very unlikely that the Germans made an exception and left one girl dressed.

should I move on to the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas ? Not to mention the hoax uncovered in Morlars post # 134 here

Finally, I think you should remind yourself of exactly what I do believe about the Holocaust, from things I have previously posted here, like some of the extracts below.
    Post#15 - Now there is absolutely no doubt, historically, idealogically, or otherwise, that the Nazis hated Jews, and that hundreds of thousands of Jews were singled out, rounded up and shot in pogroms all over Eastern Europe. There is plenty of newsreel showing this to be the case, particularlly the mass executions, and pograms by locals, in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuainia.
    Post#17 - Firstly, I'm not saying NOBODY was ever gassed in a concentration camp by the Nazis. I am simply questioning the numbers, and disputing whether Zyklon B was used to gas hundreds of thousands of people at Auschwitz, because given the evidence I cannot see how it was logistically possible. If anything, I'm actually looking for answers here......There is every possibility the Nazis tried using Zyklon B to gas people, but it is not a suitable chemical at all, for gassing executions. Even under the right conditions, it simply takes too long to work.

Post#24

Post#48 - Let's be honest with each other here, there's a lot of **** on the interweb about the Holocaust, coming from both sides of the divide..........Between us, we may disagree on figures here, but nevertheless, millions of people did die.
    It's a serious business we're discussing, let's treat it with the respect it deserves.

It's late, so with all due respect, I will deal with any typos etc, tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Sgt. Sensible

CuriousOne wrote: »
    @ marcsignal

I would like to thank you for your contributions to this extremely interesting, informative, emotive, and sometimes, controversial thread. You, in my opinion, expressed well-informed views in an intelligent, cohesive, and respectful manner and refused, through your integrity, to allow this sensitive discussion to degenerate, while others, who also should be commended for their contribution, unfortunately, could not resist, albeit in another thread.

It is my experience, when one observes that the accepted wisdom/history/science does not make sense, then a re-examination is imperative, regardless of the resistance to and the implications thereof and the responsibility for that re-examination rests on the shoulders of the individual observer.

Dunno what your game is or whether there's a bit of sockpuppetry going on here but all of marcsignal's arguments are cogged from Fred Leuchter who, if you have a look at expert witness Robert Jan Van Pelt's report during the Irving v Lipstadt libel case 10 years ago, has zero credibility.

http://www.hdot.org/en/trial/defense/van

For example:
    Van Pelt wrote:
    "The adjacent crematories are a potential danger of explosion," Leuchter observed. His reasoning was based on the fact that hydrogen cyanide is combustible, and that because the gas chambers were located not too far from the incineration ovens, there ought to have been a danger for explosion. Yet during cross-examination Leuchter had to admit that hydrogen cyanide became combustible at 60,000 parts per million, and that it was lethal at 300 parts per million, that is at 0.5 percent of the combustion point.

Q.: "And I want to ask you about your answer to me. I said it takes a higher concentration of hydrogen cyanide to exterminate insects than it does to kill human beings. You said no. We go to the Degesch manual and it says that it requires twenty times as much to kill beetles as to kill rats and it takes three times as much to kill rats [than] it does to kill humans."
    A.: "Maybe it depends upon the insects. Most of the work that I've been looking at, they've been killing lice and ticks. And their recommendation for general fumigation purposes is three thousand per million."
    Q.: "What is twenty times 833 parts per million?"
    A.: "What is twenty times 833 parts per million?"
    Q.: "Right."

A.: "16,600."
    Q.: "16,600. So what Degesch are saying, the people who make the product, is that if you want to kill beetles, you should have a concentration of--of what, sir?"
    A.: "16,600, apparently."
    Q.: "Right, And it takes three hundred parts per million to kill a human being in a matters of minutes?"
    A.: "Or more."
    Q.: "In a matter of minutes."
    A.: "Twenty minutes, fifteen minutes, yes."
    Q.: "Right. And here they're talking about a time of exposure from 2 to 72 hours, right?"
    A.: "Right."
    Q,: "Now, you gave us as a conclusion about the danger of explosion, didn't you?"
    A.: "Yes."
    Q.: "This was a big factor in your mind, this possibility of explosion. Did you look at the Degesch manual when it talked about inflammability?"
    A.: "I'm looking at it now, counsellor."
    Q.: "Page five?"
    A.: "Yes."
    Q.: "'Liquid HCN,' that is hydrocyanic acid, right?"
    A.: "Correct."
    Q.: "'... Burns like alcohol. Aaseous [H]CN forms an explosive mixture with air under certain conditions. The lower explosion limit, however, lies far above the concentration used in practical fumigation work.' So, they tell us that if we're going to exterminate beetles, we have to have a concentration of 16,600 and they tell us if we have a concentration of 16,600, the lower explosion limit lies far above that concentration."
    A.: "The lower explosion limit is six per cent."
    Q.: "And what's six percent?"
    A,: "Six thousand."
    Q,: "Isn't it sixty thousand, sir?"
    A.: "Correct. Sixty thousand."
    Q.: "Sixty thousand parts per million of air. Right?"

A.: "Correct, but you must understand that at the Zyklon-B material, when the gas is being given off, you have a percentage per volume of air of ninety to one hundred per cent. That means you have almost pure hydrogen cyanide at the carrier."
    Q.: "At the point where the Zyklon-B is vapourizing, I agree, you have a ninety-nine per cent concentration level. But how far did you tell us these ovens were from the chamber we are talking about?"
    A.: "150, 160 feet."
    Q.: "And doesn't gas diffuse, sir?"
    A.: "It may or it may not."
    Q.: "And what would its concentration be 150 or 160 feet away?"
    A.: "I have no idea and no one could answer that question for you."
    Q.: "Right, you don't know, do you?"
    A.: "Most people would tell you it's very dangerous."

Pathetic or what.

Anyway, pretty much all the material on the libel case is worth reading if anyone's interested in the truth about Auschwitz and where holocaust deniers get their rubbish from.

http://www.hdot.org/en/trial

Dunno what your game is or whether there's a bit of sockpuppetry going on here but all of marcsignal's arguments are cogged from Fred Leuchter .........

Uh, no they were not actually. Did you even read what you posted ?

Dunno what your game is or whether there's a bit of sockpuppetry going on here

I'll leave it up to Curious One explain why he/she made that post. I'm confident he/she doesn't need any help or encouragement from me.

However, For the record, I absolutely RESENT the inference that I had anything to do with influencing Curious One to make the post in Question. Just so you are clear on this, and with all due respect to Curious One, I am well capable of fighting my own battles, thank you very much.
    but all of marcsignal's arguments are cogged from Fred Leuchter.......

VERY IMPORTANT Correction here... I have no arguements about this subject, only questions. Something I have stated very clearly from the beginning. I might also point out that I have also stated quite clearly here in post#5 in relation to the Tobin Video, where I acknowledged:
    ....some parts are poorly done, and some of the comparison 'experiments' they do are, admittedly, not 'fair' comparisons in my opinion.

I have also read the Leuchter Report, and have my own questions in relation to it. I certainly don't take it as gospel truth.
    ....who, if you have a look at expert witness Robert Jan Van Pelt's report............
    An expert witness who has absolutely no experience working with gas ? interesting..... and they called Leuchter a chancer :D

from Robert Jan Van Pelt's wiki:
    At Leiden University, van Pelt obtained an undergraduate degree in art history and classical archaeology, a graduate degree in architectural history, and a PhD in the history of ideas. While pursuing his studies, he worked as an architectural historian, involved with the restoration of the Royal Palace in The Hague.[1] He joined the University of Waterloo in 1987 and has taught courses pertaining to the cultural history of the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and Enlightenment periods, the 19th century, and also participates in topics including urban history and film history.[2] He is currently Professor of Cultural History in the university's architectural faculty,[3] and lives in Toronto.

what are the chances he has an electric cooker i wonder ???
    Anyway, pretty much all the material on the libel case is worth reading if anyone's interested in the truth about Auschwitz and where holocaust deniers get their rubbish from.

http://www.hdot.org/en/trial

Yes, I'm familar with that too. I have looked at nearly all of the 'for and against' arguements in relation to this subject. That's what one is required to do if you want to examine any subject objectively.

In relation to the Van Pelt material you quoted....
    Originally Posted by Van Pelt.......
    A.: "Correct, but you must understand that at the Zyklon-B material, when the gas is being given off, you have a percentage per volume of air of ninety to one hundred per cent. That means you have almost pure hydrogen cyanide at the carrier."
    Q.: "At the point where the Zyklon-B is vapourizing, I agree, you have a ninety-nine per cent concentration level. But how far did you tell us these ovens were from the chamber we are talking about?"

In bold above is the one area of this (which seems to be the crux of his arguement) that has a gaping hole in it. A hole that I will address later, because I will need to support my suggestion with a simple diagram, and a SAFE experiment that anyone can try themselves at home. I don't have time to do it now, but will in the next 24 hours.

Sgt. Sensible, thanks for your contribution, as I have said before, this is an open discussion about the available facts relating to the Holocaust, not a platform for Nazism, Racial Hatred, or indeed Anti-Semitism, so your contribution is very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭CuriousOne

I apologise to subscribers of this thread who may have received an email concerning an inappropriate and infuriated post by CuriousOne today, which, by the poster, was immediately and appropriately deleted.

I am not a contributor to this discussion; nevertheless, I admire conscientious objections to acceptable paradigms.

I hope this apology is acceptable and my rash actions do not deter the main protagonists from their respective paths.

This is an extremely interesting, informative thread, and will remain so, when the text of each post, accurately reflects the integrity of its contributor.

^
    ^
    ^
    Why am I always in the pub when something exciting happens ??:pac:

Sorry for the delay in posting. I know I said 24hrs, but I have a life aside from asking awkward questions about touchy subjects.

Ok, in relation to the Van Pelt material I mentioned in the end of my last post, relating to the gas diffusing.
    Originally Posted by Van Pelt.......

Ok, before I get to the diffusion issue itself, consider this.

How many people reading this have ever lived in a house with an open fire ? Well those people should be able to relate easily to what I'm about to suggest here, you can try this yourselves safely at home. However, a modern type gas fire wont have the same effect, because a clear chimney flue is required.

Now, this is schoolboy science, so you don't need to be a physicist to understand the principle.
    You are in your front room with a reasonable sized coal or wood fire burning in the grate, and you have the door(s) leading into that room tightly closed.

Go over and open the door slightly (a few centimeters) and what will you find ?
    I'm sure you will feel a pretty strong draught coming through the slight opening. Why is that happening ? Well, the fire going in the grate requires oxygen to burn, and consequently, air will be sucked through the opening in the door, from outside, to feed the fire going in the grate.

Still not convinced ? Ok, close the room door again, and preferably get someone else on the other side of the door to light a scented candle or scented cone in the outer room/hall, and place it within 10 feet of the door.
    After a few minutes, and with the candle/cone smouldering away on the other side, slightly open the room door again, and go stand in the middle of the room.

I guarantee you within 2 minutes you will smell the scented candle/cone in the room where the fire is going, because the scent is being sucked through the slight opening of the door, along with the oxygen required to feed the fire. The heat rising through the chimney flue and leaving the building, will also add to this suction effect.

I'm sorry if that is long winded, but it's important.

Here is a plan of the structure in question. The different areas are numbered.

k2reconstuction.jpg

The arguement put forward in the Van Pelt quote, is that the gas from the gas chamber (Area marked 9&10) will diffuse, thus eliminating the risk of an explosion?
    My question is this, where will the gas diffuse to ?

The gas chamber is a long room built underground (Area marked 9&10), and only a series of much smaller rooms, and a lift shaft (used to move bodies from the basement to to the crematorium at ground level) (5 & 6) seperate it from the room with the creamtory ovens (1).

Given that the gas has nowhere else to escape to, would it not be the case, that when the chamber door is opened (underneath the area 4, 5 & 6) that the flue effect of 5 large industrial sized ovens, burning at full tilt, would suck that gas from the basement, up through the stairwells, and in through the narrow doorway leading into the crematory ovens(1), just like gas coming out of a gas jet? I would have thought so.

That considered, I cannot see where else the gas (and there would be quite a lot of it, given the size of the gas chamber) would travel to.

If the gas was escaping from the gas chamber, into a larger room, or indeed, to the outside of the building altogether, diffusion would certainly be a factor. However given the fact it's escaping into a series of smaller rooms directly underneath and adjacent to the cremation area(1), even if it is 110 feet away, I cannot see how the diffusion issue is relevant.

All I'm trying to do here, is demonstrate how gas will behave and travel through a building, and there is a general rule with regard to safety in this respect.

It goes something like this "If there is any risk at all, DON'T take it"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Morlar wrote: »
    Here is another less formal example, this is from boards.ie today.

The point of posting this is to illustrate the widespread prevalence of this tactic in the area of day to day conversations and to illustrate just how much mileage pro israel advocacy groups clamour to wring out of this subject ;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64495929&postcount=79
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64496998&postcount=98
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64497956&postcount=126
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64498948&postcount=153

That was one thread by one GIYUS type of israeli advocacy poster. To say that pro israel advocacy groups do use the holocaust to justify israeli warcrimes is not accurate at all.

Sykes is a troll who was banned. I don't think you can use one troll as an example of anything.

The baseline intent of this thread seems to be towards disproving the extent of the holocaust and the means used to carry it out. It seems to me this thread would be better served in the conspiracy theory forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

this thread is qustioning the amount killed by gassing.
    the offical estimate for jewish deaths is 5.1-6.0 million and 15- 17 million people in total (secondary school book), of course this is not just by gassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Sykes is a troll who was banned. I don't think you can use one troll as an example of anything.
    Oh that it were only one.
    The baseline intent of this thread seems to be towards disproving the extent of the holocaust and the means used to carry it out. It seems to me this thread would be better served in the conspiracy theory forum.

Why so you could casually dismiss it as fringe/Loony ramblings safe in the knowledge that what you have been told is absolute truth and theres no need to question it, even when the evidence contradicts itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Sorry for being silly, but I don't get the thread.

Was there a gas chamber there and it was destroyed by the Russians and then ordered to be rebuilt?

Or are we saying that there never was any gassing?

• Advertisement

gbee wrote: »
    Sorry for being silly, but I don't get the thread.

Was there a gas chamber there and it was destroyed by the Russians and then ordered to be rebuilt?

There were gas chambers in Auschwitz, called bunker 1 and bunker 2, (also called 'The little red house' and 'The little white house'). They were 2 old farmhouses that were adapted to use as chambers. Gassing took place in these buildings from march and june 1942 respectively, until mid 1943. They were then completely destroyed by the Germans themselves.

some info and pics here. This is where I believe most of the Auschwitz gassings took place.

This building in Auschwitz 1 is shown to tourists today as a gas chamber, and it is that building that has come under scrutiny.
    gbee wrote: »
    Or are we saying that there never was any gassing?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have never claimed no gassings ever took place in Auschwitz, only that the buildings shown to people today were not the gas chambers.

I personally do not believe the building in Auschwitz 1 (This building) was ever used for a gassing, because, in my opinion, it is unsuitable, and would be unsafe.

There is also a claim that the buildings in Auschwitz 2 were 'purpose built gas chambers' and I don't believe they were, because they couldn't be more badly designed for this purpose.

Thanks to the link posted by Sgt. Sensible a few posts back, Van Pelt even as good as accepts this, because he has uncovered evidence that there was an 'attempt to convert the basment area' of these buildings (a morgue) for use as a gas chamber.

Personally I believe any attempt to do this would be fraught with techinical problems, such as explosion risk, difficulty in ventilation and the fact that Zyklon B needs a temp of 25degrees C to work. So this cold damp basement room would have had to be pre heated.

What we are led to believe is that the gassing process was an easy thing to do. That you simply pile 1500 people into these rooms, throw in the zyklon B, wait 20 minutes, empty the rooms and then burn the bodies. That would suggest a fast turnaround, thus enabling hundreds of thousands of people to be killed. I personally do not think this could have been achieved, because of the technical considerations involved.

Belief in a fast turnaround might explain why the Soviets arrived at a figure of 4 million victims, initially, for Auschwitz. A slow turnaround, or gassing in much smaller buildings, like bunker 1 and bunker 2, would, in my opinion, be more likely, and would thus explain why the 4 million figure has, since 1989, been revised down to 1.5 million people (if you trust the plaque on display) or 1 million people (if you trust Dr Piper, the Museum Director.

Here are 2 good comparison links, one from a revisionist site and the other from a holocaust memorial site

compare them, it's interesting.

Bringing this back to the thread title, in relation to the gas chamber below, shown to tourists in Auschwitz 1.
    11Auschwitz1GasChamber.jpg

The assertion in the OP was that this room was never used as a gas chamber, despite the fact it is shown to thousands of tourists every year, as a homicidal gas chamber.

There are some things everyone should see in relation to why the building has come under scrutiny.

Check these photos of other gas chambers located in the Majdanek and Stutthof camps.
    I'm using these examples because they illustrate very clearly, their suitability for use as gas chambers, and show the tell tale signs of repeated exposure to Zyklon-B gas.

Majdanek Chamber showing the blue staining caused by repeated exposure to Zyklon-B...
    03-Majdanek.jpg

....and take note of the fact that the door opens outwards.
    01-Majdanek.jpg

Stutthof gas chamber. The chamber is a free standing detached structure, is above ground, and take note of the fact that the door opens outwards.
    stutthof16a.jpg

Stutthof gas chamber showing the blue staining caused by repeated exposure to Zyklon-B
    AGasChamberatSutthof.jpg

More examples of blue staining, and an example of a gas tight hatch.
    BlueResiduefromCyclonBinMajdanek-1.jpg

MajdanekGasChamber.jpg

Below are pics of the Interior of the Gas Chamber in Auschwitz 1, shown to thousands of tourists every year as a homicidal gas chamber.

No blue staining visible ?
    04aGasChamber.jpg

2 Doors, one not gas tight, that opens inwards, as opposed to outwards, as in the chambers at the Majdanek and Stutthof camps.
    05-ChamberDoor.jpg

A roof hatch that is far from gas tight.
    07ChamberCeilingHole.jpg

A picture showing a large opening between the chamber area, and the cremation area, showing the ovens to be less than 10feet away.
    07ChamberandCrematorium.jpg

Relevant points.

The doors in the chambers at the Majdanek and Stutthof camps open outwards, which makes sense. However the door in the Auschwitz 1 chamber open inwards.
    If you're wondering why this makes any difference, consider this.

A group of people are brought into the Auschwitz 1 Chamber to be gassed.
    The doors are closed, and a few minutes later, the gas canisters are thrown in through the roof.
    What are the people in the room going to do ?
    They are all going to run towards the door, in order to try to force it open and escape, aren't they ? There is, after all, plenty of anecdotal evidence about people banging on the inside of the doors, isn't there? So, they eventually succumb to the gas, and die piled up on top of each other where they fall, against the inside of the door.

How are the Sonderkommando gas chamber workers going to get that door open again to remove the bodies ?? Remember, the door opens inwards.

Assuming they could open the door by brute force, how is the room then ventilated? Are the ovens then fueled, fired up, used for the cremation of those victims, and then extinguished again before the next gassing ? Whatever is suggested about diffusion, and ovens being 160feet away (as in the building in Auschwitz 2), I can't see how it would be safe to have the ovens smouldering away in the next room while a gassing is taking place, especially, in the case of the Auschwitz 1 chamber, where there isn't even a door seperating the 2 rooms, just an opening in the wall.

Does that not seem perculiar to anyone else ??
    It seems to me this thread would be better served in the conspiracy theory forum.

I don't think it belongs in conspiracy theories myself.

If the claim being put forward was that 'No gassings took place during the Holocaust' or indeed that 'The Holocaust did not happen' then yes, that would constitute a conspiracy theory. However what is being examined here is whether the building in Auschwitz 1, shown to tourists every day, was in fact ever used as a gas chamber, thats all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement