Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right.. can I get a ride out of this?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Abigayle wrote: »
    Have any of you thought that chick is in the wrong relationship, and like her guy is like cheating on her.. and well she needs a guy to put it all right?? It happens, oh yeah. It happens!! Go get her Tom, AH backs this love!

*claps hands*

/beats her ex up down dark side-street

Thats right.. maybe its her fault..
    This is EXACTLY why I voted for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

brummytom wrote: »
    I'm not gay; you can call me it, I really won't mind.
    GHEY (dammit):rolleyes:
    I know I'm not because I really, really like this girl. One night, just before Christmas, she was really upset. She texted me said "Can I ring you in a bit? I need someone to talk to" I said of course she could.

I had that phone next to me all night waiting for her to ring, when it got really late, my heart just sank. She'd fell asleep! Thats when I realised. OK, that might sound a bit pathetic but I really don't care. I know I'll regret this in the morning anyway.

friendzone me thinks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

brummytom wrote: »
    You know what? I can't be arsed with this. Me on boards just isn't me. Most of the time I'm the same on here as I am in real life.

But I'm not some kind of teenage hormonal sex-hungry pest. In fact, out of my mates, I'm the least interested in it. This is just some strange persona I've became here.

I'm not gay; you can call me it, I really won't mind. I know I'm not because I really, really like this girl. One night, just before Christmas, she was really upset. She texted me said "Can I ring you in a bit? I need someone to talk to" I said of course she could.

I had that phone next to me all night waiting for her to ring, when it got really late, my heart just sank. She'd fell asleep! Thats when I realised. OK, that might sound a bit pathetic but I really don't care. I know I'll regret this in the morning anyway.

I started the thread for a laugh, and it's taught me something now. I don't care about her for that, I care about her for her.

Fuck it, if I wasn't so addicted to boards I'd leave now because I'm gonna get it ripped out of me now, I know it - but I don't care. I'm a mature, decent person. That really doesn't come across here at the moment, it really should. I'm bored of playing up to a character.

And 'Dull and Boring' you better be a Black American. If you're not, talk properly.

I need to be up in just over 5 hours, bloody hell. G'night all

Why couldn't you just say that from the beginning?

Rather than going down the "Oh dear, I'm in AH let's try to be funny" and posting about getting your end in and making a silly joke about Rohypnol.

If the post I quoted is the real you, stick to it. The boards persona you're playing up to with your OP, is merely an annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Man,from the sounds of it you are most definitly in the friend zone and you are gonna be suffering from a bad case of blueballs at this prom.

My advice: Chicks who say they will ring and then dont are to be put in the bin my friend...not worth holding out for someone in case they like you.You know your better than that.

And hey,**** the begrudgers..bit of honesty never hurt anyone!Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Bonito wrote: »
    This is EXACTLY why I voted for you :D

I worry for you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bonito wrote: »
    YES YES YES YES YES.

Calvin Klein fan yourself Bonito? :)

Ah don't worry about me :D

You should really change that sig, distracts me everytime I go to reply to a thread you've replied to :pac:

Oh wait it's a girl in a nut job jacet :o There was me thinkin it was a lady grabbin her tata :rolleyes:

Ah feck it the 1st image was better :D

All my votes were from the Springsteen fans :cool:

:p

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Calvin Klein fan yourself Bonito? :)
    I am indeed! Haven't had eternity in about 2 years though! I miss it TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

original poster - you missing the point man! You said she wants to ride in the Limo with you? correct? This is clear evidence of self-delusion I think. What you meant to say I suspect was... she wants to ride in the Limo REGARDLESS of you. Look at the positives however, I could be saving you years of mental anguish here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Poccington wrote: »

Rather than going down the "Oh dear, I'm in AH let's try to be funny" and posting about getting your end in and making a silly joke about Rohypnol.

Its amazing where you can get in life by just being honest!

I had a teacher who was saying it seems young people nowadays grow up without knowing how to interact with each other in a sociable manner. They see the opposite sex as aliens! Not saying this is what it is with Tom but the amount of social misfits around now is crazy,they all try to be someone else,what they think is normal when its the opposite end of the spectrum!

Anyway,this is getting serious for AH. Say whats on your mind and people will respect you ten times more for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

The great thing about being human is that we have an infinite ability to rationalise almost anything which enables us to do anything we please with a clear conscience. Its this ability that allows us to cheat without feeling guilt or remorse.

Haters gonna hate

Poccington wrote: »

Because this is After Hours where any sign of vulnerability shown will result in you been torn limb from limb, like a wounded deer would be by a pack of wolves.

Because this is After Hours where any sign of vulnerability shown will result in you been torn limb from limb like a wounded deer would be by a pack of wolves.
    Only when you're disliked or have said something extremely stupid ;)

I speak from 1st hand of being on the receiving end many times, just don't get neg'd out it's just an internet forum :)

Because this is After Hours where any sign of vulnerability shown will result in you been torn limb from limb like a wounded deer would be by a pack of wolves.

The trend is changing though,demostrated by this thread!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Get a piece of paper and write 'smile if you want to sleep with me' on it. slip it to her at some point of the night, she'll smile if she has a sense of humor. even if she doesn't want to sleep with you she has smiled, this is a legally binding contract take it by force.

seriously though, been in this situation myself, be charming, talk to her, let her know you're into her, make her laugh, they like that. hence the piece of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

To be brutally honest Tom, I don't think this will end up well.

If she's doing the talky thing to you, and he's treating her like a ****, and she keeps going back, well, there isn't much you will be able to do.

People have this amazing habit of doing the worst possible things, repeatedly!

BUT, and I know this from once being a youngster, and its not too long ago, you'll get over it. But be nice to her, you never know.

Probably NOT what you wanted to hear, but thats life. Thats what all the people say.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I dislike posts like this, I really do.

After Hours is like your local pub and conversations in the forum are alike to what you would find in said local pub.

Vulnerability when shown by a poster in trouble or a sad announcement by a poster is treated with the utmost of respect by the posters here.

After Hour posters are the very best at gathering around someone in need of true assistance and no one can fault them for that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Good for you Tom, you've advanced to level 63!

That is of course the wonderful thing about growing up. Cherish these moments of clarity. I think you just stumbled upon the truth behind Honesty and Pretension.

When you go to this prom think of nothing else but enjoying life. Life will often deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Mousey- wrote: »
    friendzone me thinks :(

Sounds very much like it, the shoulder to cry on.

But feck it Tom go for it, hope for the best, be prepared for the worst and if she's not interested then it's her loss. and then go to plan b:roofie the be-jaysus out of her

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Sounds very much like it, the shoulder to cry on.

Do know believe in the "Friend Zone"? Like honestly believe in it?

For me I just find it hard to believe that no relationship in this world could be formed on an emotional base rather than a physical one. Sure it can happen and once a physical one is formed it can lead to emotional one,but it seems it can never be vice-versa :confused:

I know I would much prefer to have a girlfriend that I got to know as a good friend before I shag her!! After all a solid relationship is not all about the physical moments.......

I dislike posts like this, I really do.
    They aren't nice, but there is a truth to them :/
    After Hours is like your local pub and conversations in the forum are alike to what you would find in said local pub.
    Thats the bit we do love !
    Vulnerability when shown by a poster in trouble or a sad announcement by a poster is treated with the utmost of respect by the posters here.
    It's the ideal world :)
    After Hour posters are the very best at gathering around someone in need of true assistance and no one can fault them for that.:)
    In genuine need, then yes. If not, look out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DoorPortico

Sorry dude, got to agree it's not sounding good for your chances alright.

See how it goes all the same though. But, and this is VITAL, you can't just leap in with a big massive spiel about how you really like her. Flirt. A lot. Keep her on her toes. Tell her about other girls you're interested in. DO NOT GIVE HER COMPLIMENTS WHEN SHE'S SEEKING THEM. Do not be a constantly available shoulder to cry on. Don't let her walk all over you, basically. That screams needy and neediness is an unattractive trait.

Its threads that turn out like this that make me want a cuddle :o

/Waits for the ghey bashing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

They aren't nice, but there is a truth to them :/

Thats the bit we do love !

It's the ideal world :)

In genuine need, then yes. If not, look out :pac:

We are in agreement then.:)

After Hours posters in the main are fairly alright imo.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Do know believe in the "Friend Zone"? Like honestly believe in it?

Yes.
    For me I just find it hard to believe that no relationship in this world could be formed on an emotional base rather than a physical one. Sure it can happen and once a physical one is formed it can lead to emotional one,but it seems it can never be vice-versa :confused:

All relationships are based on emotions, regardless of what anyone says. Lust is an emotion too.
    I know I would much prefer to have a girlfriend that I got to know as a good friend before I shag her!! After all a solid relationship is not all about the physical moments.......

There's nothing stopping anyone from doing that, but you have to keep the attraction going and if you fail to do that you fall into the friendzone.
    Sorry dude, got to agree it's not sounding good for your chances alright.

See how it goes all the same though. But, and this is VITAL, you can't just leap in with a big massive spiel about how you really like her. Flirt. A lot. Keep her on her toes. Tell her about other girls you're interested in. DO NOT GIVE HER COMPLIMENTS WHEN SHE'S SEEKING THEM. Do not be a constantly available shoulder to cry on. Don't let her walk all over you, basically. That screams needy and neediness is an unattractive trait.

That's mostly good advice. Also don't be too available, what's scarce is precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Are you Ross O'Carroll-Kelly???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_O'Carroll-Kelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

me too, shall we? i don't think there's much point givin tom any advise, either this girl likes him or she doesn't. he's had his moment of clarity now, he's on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Theres PLENTY of advice on the "Grinds teacher" thread. ;)

• Advertisement

John I am wrote: »
    Easy mate just tell her you will respect her in the morning, that works for me everytime.

Whats the name of that book?

Advertisement