Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Yeah there was a banner saying 'SUPPORT THE AWOLs!' which was quite tongue-in-cheek, probably stood out a mile beside the 'Chuckies' (OUR LAW!) protest.

Funny enough, I have one! Not personally, but my dad swapped a Dublin Fire Brigade shirt for one with a barman in Enniskillen years back (FAIGH AN BALLACH or whatever the funny spelling is) My Dad grew up in Ballyfermot and one of the local lads ended up in the RIR too. Career Opportunities. A lad I went to school with is considering it now too, recessionary times. Think he'll become one of the AWOLs himself, too much time in the cinema more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Whats going on?

Beau wrote: »
    Whats going on?

We're lost in the lingerie section.
    No, I mean like in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

I have two mates who did it, both because they couldnt get into the Irish army as they were colour blind, According to them, lads from the south are goin in there droves these days (this was my plan if college didnt materialise).

in other news

I gave platelets today....

Anyone else here donate Blood or Platelets???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ah, I give blood, but I'm not eligale for platlets... :(

I'm O neg though, so that makes me feel a little better! :P

• Advertisement

Ah, I give blood, but I'm not eligale for platlets... :(

I'm O neg though, so that makes me feel a little better! :P

I'm O neg too:D,

I hate the fact that they never have the pencils with O neg on them :(.

I decided to do the whole platelet thing as they are used on premature babies and cancer patients, and seeing as i was a premature baby and my ma had cancer it seemed like the right thing to do....

though the first Q i asked when i was assesed for platelets was as an O neg Donor which they needed more, the platelets or whole blood, and they said that platelets were needed more.

Can i ask why your not alowed to donate platelets?

My white cell count was too low.

Not dangerously low, just too low to donate... :(

Probably the reason I get colds all the time ! :D

at least your still able to give blood that has to be a plus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Fibbers is a bad place, so is work.

We need to organize a 'welcome back' beers in teh roost.

Teabag! wrote: »

Aww yeah, its nice alright, but I really should do it more often. Everytime it comes round to maynooth I have a cold or the flu or something! :o

+1 on Rozabeez's plan. I'm around from the 7th or so. I believe I also owe banquo a pint and a chat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Teabag! wrote: »
    Always a plus indeed, I'm permanently excluded from giving blood, it's a real bummer. =(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Fibbers is a bad place, so is work.

We need to organize a 'welcome back' beers in teh roost.

Do it, Roz!

I'm feeling so crappy today considering I didn't drink last night. Not fair.

Teabag!, spent the day out in Swords at Salute, its on again tomorrow, you been?

Basically for sad cases like eh...us (:rolleyes:) to look at tanks, hold WWII guns in our undeserving hands and talk military history.

Few too many oul lads dressed up as SS Officers for my taste, but I picked up some nice pieces (I collect odds and ends relating to the 1913-22 period in Ireland) We should bring our shiney things to History someday.

---

Seen a young 'un representing the cause in McDonalds Grafton Street last night, NUIM hoodies for all!

Awh, I want to touch some guns :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Awh, I want to touch some guns :

:D

Heh heh heh!

Sunday.

What a day, what a day.

Can't sleep, so going to watch Juno (which is apparently a load of pretentious ****e?) and wake up tomorrow 'morning' about 4pm and go buy The Sunday Tribune and The Observer (which is apparently a load of pretentious ****e?)

I'll tell you what is brilliant though, The Young Ones. Thats probably not breaking news to ANYONE else, but I just decided to start watching it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭wha

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I'll tell you what is brilliant though, The Young Ones. Thats probably not breaking news to ANYONE else, but I just decided to start watching it tonight.

Let's get married and stay in bed together every Sunday watching the Young Ones. It will be magical.

^ :pac:

I'm going to go buy it on DVD now. I only have Father Ted, Arrested Development and House in the 'big blocky DVD sets' collection, but I think The Young Ones will be a welcome addition.

Now, before sleep:
    For anyone who is lucky enough not to get my ramblings on Facebook posted to their homepage, have this:

God its the best minute and a half ever, angry manchild.

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Teabag!, spent the day out in Swords at Salute, its on again tomorrow, you been?

Basically for sad cases like eh...us (:rolleyes:) to look at tanks, hold WWII guns in our undeserving hands and talk military history.

Few too many oul lads dressed up as SS Officers for my taste, but I picked up some nice pieces (I collect odds and ends relating to the 1913-22 period in Ireland) We should bring our shiney things to History someday.

no not been, all my buddies ran the parachute stand there, http://www.pathfinderireland.com/

i was out with them lastnight, and they were talkin to a lad who had a

"liebstandarte SS on tour" t shirt,

certainly makes you question the grip on reality that some people have....
    i would liked to have gone (y'know anorak that i am) but i had to work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Hey, anyone know of any part time jobs going in the Maynooth area such as in Dunnes,Tesco, Super Valu, Londis, etc, etc..??

Thanks for any help you can give :):)

The ice cream stand in Manor Mills.

Dunnes aren't hiring, don't bother with a CV until November or thereabouts because they'll throw it in the bin.

The new Heatons are no longer taking applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

Thanks a million for that:)

Wheres the new Heatons?

Over beside the big shiny new Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Over beside the big shiny new Tesco.

Speaking of which, does anyone know would Tesco themselves be hiring?

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Speaking of which, does anyone know would Tesco themselves be hiring?

I was up there last week and there was nothing up there saying they were hiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Tesco generally don't advertise though, do they? I presumed they just hire when they need the staff

Tesco aren't either =[

• Advertisement

Can't hurt to hand in a CV or ask for an application form. Let me know if they are?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement