Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

it's so big :)

That's what she said!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Bleugh, don't want to babysit tonight. I had a loooong day... I need to nap. Long but awesome day. :D

Fabulous was it?

Yeah, fabilis. :P

You've spelled that wrong!

• Advertisement

Oh my bad. Hurt myself somehow... it hurts to walk. I won't be able to walk for a while by the feel of things. :(

Ok, time to sit on some kids.

I mean.... Nevermind :S

Jeez, sounds sore. Both your injury and squishing kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

/bored.

Anyone heading out tonight?

Yep. Me and mp3guy are having a mini boards reunion. By that I mean it's purely coincidental that we're going to the same 21st :p

Add that to the convergence of me, you and banquo on main street last week there's be two reunions really. You all missed out

• Advertisement

Are any of ye having it off with each other yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Went to No Disko in The Academy last night (dont bother) and my head still feels like absolute mush. I have spent today watching House (series 3, represent)

I've been there a couple of times, didn't think it was that bad. Except for the dancefloor... something about it is really off-putting.

I feel for you though, hangover-wise.

Way to dodge my question.

. Except for the dancefloor

Exactly.

The lack of a dancefloor is the places fundamental problem, leads to standing around awkwardly drinking or fighting for a space! Friday night isn't the best in town anyway truthfully I'm all about midweek. If we could have the nitelink back I'd be very happy! 15 quid back to Palmerstown from town if the mates aren't heading that way.... :rolleyes:

Ouch. I do like the private room with all the soft cushiony couches and seats though. That's a definite plus for the place.

Its got quiet round these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Its got quiet round these parts.

Not just the forum but Maynooth itself is dead around this time.

Are there summer activities on in Maynooth? I saw scores of young people wandering around campus the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Could they have been foreign students?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Probably foreign youngsters learning English ... the place is usually swarming with them around this time.

I remember being down there one day just before one of the last matches in the world cup, and ending up in the middle of a gaggle of them who were sitting on the grass and shouting at one another and arguing (good-humouredly).

I wasn't winding them up or anything, I swear!! >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

one week til results for first year!

anyone scared excited???

also doe's anyone know if its just posted out to you, or can we check it online???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Terrrrrrrrified.

Just hope I passed everything, although falling asleep in an exam and going on the lash before another one really doesn't bode well.

*slaps self and promises to get a first in everything in final year

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

They'll be posted out and online. I used to find they were up on the net before I got them by post. So I used to check every couple of hours for a day or 2 before they were due in the post. Obsessed so I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Gah! I hate results.

But I love the few weeks between exams ending and results coming, it's like eye of the storm territory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I can't wait for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Do not want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

I know all but one of my results (well to some degree) and I felt it was my worst exam out of the lot so it looks likely that I will have to repeat that one but as it stands at the moment I dont have repeats. But I haven't been thinking about results at all this year.
    26th June 2009:
    Students should receive their Examination results in the post
    http://examinations.nuim.ie/dates.shtml

Last year they said we should get them in the post on a Monday but they were online the Thursday before that and the year before that it was the Wednesday. But this year they are out on a Friday so I've no idea what day they will be up.

They are put up after the results are ratified by the examination board so does anyone know when that meeting is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

well i have linked my nuim and gmail so if its by email i'll have it as soon as they come out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭pakblue

Teabag! wrote: »
    well i have linked my nuim and gmail so if its by email i'll have it as soon as they come out!

You wont get them by email you get them by Student Web Services the link is beside Webmail on the nuim.ie homepage.

Then
    >>Student Enquiry
    ->> Examination Results

https://studentweb.nuim.ie/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement