Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Spotted one of ye on Philipsburgh Avenue this morning, maybe around 10:45-11 ish.

Puts hand up... was ducking and diving from the showers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Spotted ROK_ON yesterday around 5:20 in the Pheonix Park heading towards the Castlenock exit, I was heading into town on the fixie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Spotted ROK_ON yesterday around 5:20 in the Pheonix Park heading towards the Castlenock exit, I was heading into town on the fixie.
    Thought it may have been you. But couldn't be sure - sort of short sighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

And I spotted you in town on the Bowery, flying up Constitution Hill.

I was erm...driving, on the other side of the road:o

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Spotted a Boardsie this evening about 6.45 on Bohernabreena Rd near the Dodder bridge. I was wearing a bright orange jersey and shouted Hi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hey jimm, that was me. Took me a few seconds to register what you shouted at me. Next time I'll shout back.:D

Thank god we passed each other along that stretch of road and not somewhere on the hill. You'd of spotted a contorted mess on a bike wearing a Boards jersey.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

About 6pm on the quays in Dublin near the Customs House?

Saracen (I think) road bike - red tyres and bar tape.

Yaaay! I was getting so close to the end I was thinking I hadn't been spotted... "but how!? It's so...red!"

Yup, that was me. my usual route home from college! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

spotted a boards jersey this morning around 11am on a decent in laragh, i was in a group of about 6-7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Spotted one in Aughrim co. wicklow today (sunday) on a focus i think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Glitterangel76

I saw one changing a bike tyre (last week I think) on the side of the bike path in Clontarf, near Castle Avenue. I think it was raining, I was on my way home and he looked like it was all under control so I didn't stop to offer assistance. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Spotted one in Aughrim co. wicklow today (sunday) on a focus i think....

That was me after a super bowl of pasta in that nice cafe on the corner.

TomC

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

E@gle. wrote: »
    spotted a boards jersey this morning around 11am on a decent in laragh, i was in a group of about 6-7

Could have been me also, stopped in Laragh at exactly 11 :D

I think 3 of us spotted you too at a restaurant. We did say 'hello boards' ... but had no ides who that was :)

Boardsie spotted doing laps in the Phoenix park at around 1'ish today. I was doing a couple of laps on my fixie. Was wearing a Z jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Boardsie named "Heinzie(?)" spotted yesterday evening at around a quarter to six in Spiddal, Co. Galway. Seems likes a nice lad, despite my excited yelping when I saw him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Boardsie named "Heinzie(?)" spotted yesterday evening at around a quarter to six in Spiddal, Co. Galway. Seems likes a nice lad, despite my excited yelping when I saw him.
    That was me, nice to meet you Noemi Flaky Warfare. Now that I've been spotted I can retire my boards jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Boardsie spotted doing laps in the Phoenix park at around 1'ish today. I was doing a couple of laps on my fixie. Was wearing a Z jersey.

Yeah that was me. Glasnevin - Howth - Park x3 laps - Glasnevin. Was a glorious day out yesterday i can see the cyclist tan lines starting to appear already. Phoenix part was abit crazy yesterday with that bloomsfield festival (garden show ?). The zoo cycle lane was a no go forcing me onto the road with cars lined the entire strip. I was sure i was going to get doored. The solar powered women didnt help concentration levels either.

Good day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Gardiner street today at about 4:20pm. one boards jersey in a group of four cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

clown bag wrote: »
    Gardiner street today at about 4:20pm. one boards jersey in a group of four cyclists.

Might have been some folk heading home from Swords CC tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

where do I buy and how much for a jersey lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Spotted someone pulling into the esso garage in Kilmocanogue (that was me beeping)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

violator13 wrote: »
    where do I buy and how much for a jersey lads?

Usually about 45 quid. Orders happen on a random basis when some sucker nice person says they will organise it

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭stopped_clock

passive wrote: »
    Yaaay! I was getting so close to the end I was thinking I hadn't been spotted... "but how!? It's so...red!"

Yup, that was me. my usual route home from college! :)

I was in the car. Just off the boat from Holyhead. Stopped in Snowdonia for a spot of cycling en route, so had bike + boards jersey in the back somewhere. Communicating this across the junction may have been difficult.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Spotted a lone Boardsie cycling through Roundwood at about 12:30 on Sunday afternoon.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

clown bag wrote: »
    Reckon that was me in the Boards jersey, was with I think The Claw, Rottenhat and maybe petethedrummer, not 100% sure, my memory is very bad. Rottenhat was there anyway. Heading back from the Swords thing as Raam said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

More of a Boards Bike Sighting than a Jersey, but I bumped into Lumen around College Green this morning - just a few minutes post incident too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wasnt you that rran into him was it ?
    heard there was loads of jerseys in wicklow last weekend for some unfathomable reason as well
    (sorry feel a bit isolated up here in donegal)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

More of a Boards Bike Sighting than a Jersey, but I bumped into Lumen around College Green this morning - just a few minutes post incident too!

I recognised your legs from the Wicklow 200. Saw Gavin this morning also. We were both stopped at red lights :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

More of a Boards Bike Sighting than a Jersey, but I bumped into Lumen around College Green this morning
    Should have been looking where you were going :)

I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

can you still buting boards jerseys??

Advertisement