Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I went to the local sports shop at lunch time to spend my way outa my bad day, but no plastic in my pocket:eek:.
    I left everything at home, all I had in my pocket was a few quid for lunch so I saved myself a fortune:D

Must do that more often me thinks......:rolleyes:

Actually, you haven't saved anything actually:)

You need to buy something that's on sale, then you can say you've actually saved something.

or

You can buy stuff from the UK. I've saved loads of money that way, including another fiver this morning for a jersey from Chain Raction!

Soon I'll have enough saved to buy some cycling gear for the autumn!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i've order's on the way from crc and wiggle, though i can't remember whats in them :s damn silly bike sites can't go on them without ordering something....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

i've order's on the way from crc and wiggle, though i can't remember whats in them :s damn silly bike sites can't go on them without ordering something....

No one can resist. You'd need to be seriously strong minded not to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

3 orders on the way, from CRC, Wiggle and Prendas. Have a 4th purchase sort of gestating too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

1 order (3 items) on the way from CRC

The order from Wiggle arrived this morning.......the shorts will be getting their first airing in about 30 minutes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Polar CS200 Cad and a new cassette have just been purchased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Two orders from Wiggle arrived today, one on the way from CRC and just placed another order with Wiggle - funny thing is that I don't have a bike yet (hopefully later this week though).

I can see this becoming a disease :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

245 wrote: »
    Two orders from Wiggle arrived today, one on the way from CRC and just placed another order with Wiggle - funny thing is that I don't have a bike yet (hopefully later this week though).

too late.If you have come this far then infection is in deep

bcmf wrote: »
    too late.If you have come this far then infection is in deep

He's definitely a bad case. The worst I've seen in quite some time. At least he is amongst people who have been through the same as him. The first step in dealing with this is to admit you have a problem, then do nothing about it and keep buying new kit :)

Bah, sterling is getting stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

La Vie Claire stuff arrived from Prendas this morning and they threw in a matching musette for free. Thought that was nice of them.:)

All I need now is the socks and I've the full set.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Just took delivery of my new frame last friday

Now I'm gonna have to sell off my Battaglin frame, Sintesi 10 spd Chorus bike, and possible even my 8spd Trek 8500 mtb :(
    I've decided that one carbon road and one carbon mtb is enough for any man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Jawgap wrote: »
    Actually, you haven't saved anything actually:)

Soon I'll have enough saved to buy some cycling gear for the autumn!

Jebus you sound like a girl I went out with years ago. She went to london on a spending spree, blew about €1000 on clothes in the January sales but reckoned and insisted that she actually 'saved' €300... there's logic for ya. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

My italy jersey arrived today. Now all I need are the campag shorts to complete the look.

Unfortunately I still ride Shimano, my bank account prevents me from avoiding this wardrobe clash. The clothes are italian, but the bike she is Japanese :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

This thread is introducing me to more and more online retailers I've never heard of before.

Mods for the love of god delete this thread.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

245 wrote: »

i feel your pain, i currently have a frame... tools and such to build it but i still have to buy a groupset and wheels, but already 500 in it, at a guess, very likely more. dont worry i bought shorts and matching jersey to go with all the above (you know you're addicted when you choose cycling over alcohol).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Xacobeo/Galicia 2009 Jersey - Short Sleeve

Ezequiel Mosquera, David García, David Herrero, Gustavo Domínguez, Gonzalo Rabuñal, Iban Mayoz, Vladimir Isaychev

20090519_XG_SS.jpg

Still, I think that it looks lovely. Just ordered alon with matching bib shorts, to match my new Orbea bike.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    My italy jersey arrived today. Now all I need are the campag shorts to complete the look.

Unfortunately I still ride Shimano, my bank account prevents me from avoiding this wardrobe clash. The clothes are italian, but the bike she is Japanese :(

I'm there dude. On Sunday I will be on an English designed bike, with Japanese groupset, US cycling shoes, wearing the Giro jersey, campag shorts and Colnago gloves.

(BTW, the Colnago gloves are the best I have worn and I have tried a hell of a lot of gloves).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Bonus points if you can pronounce "Xacobeo" correctly.

el tonto wrote: »
    Bonus points if you can pronounce "Xacobeo" correctly.

Xacobeo

10 points for me please.

• Advertisement

Jacko bay oh

On 2nd thoughts it sounds more like yack??

http://forvo.com/word/xacobeo/

Haghobeo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

abcdggs wrote: »
    (you know you're addicted when you choose cycling over alcohol).

Please God never let me get this bad:eek:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    Haghobeo

If it was Spanish, then that's how it would be, but it isn't.
    ROK ON wrote: »
    Jacko bay oh

That's cheating.

More like Sha - co - bayo.

el tonto wrote: »
    If it was Spanish, then that's how it would be, but it isn't.

That's cheating.

More like Sha - co - bayo.

Oh. I got the pronunciation from my Spanish friend :)
    Is it Basque?

Oh. I got the pronunciation from my Spanish friend :)
    Is it Basque?

Gallego. The language of Galicia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Jacko bay oh

I thought it would be a 'ch' sound, as per Catalan, but Galego is tricksy I see :pac:

Now all I need is some nice new white shoes and matching pedals for the complete look (oh, and shave the legs - but wife has siad that she is simply not prepared to accept that).

(oh, and shave the legs - but wife has siad that she is simply not prepared to accept that).

This is easy to get around. Just do it. Worst that can happen is that she divorces you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This is easy to get around. Just do it. Worst that can happen is that she divorces you.

Or "I didn't shave my legs. The pressure from my firehose-like veins forced out all the hairs".

Advertisement