Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been robbed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

In the Summer of '07, in a dodgy part of Belfast, a complete scumbag robbed my lovely pink digital camera.
    Sob, I was too afraid to tell my mother I was being drunk and irresponsible at the time, so fabricated a nice oul' story for her on the 7 hour journey home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My rabbit was robbed out of my luggage on a flight from Dublin to Rome!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Few years ago while in school i worked my ass off to save enough money for a lovely new bike shiny blue it was with over size front shocks and disc brake (was the first lad in school to have a bike with a disc brake) Came out one day after school and some chav had robbed the whole front shock and wheel, the very thing that made it so special. Man i felt depressed for weeks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i was mugged when i was a kid. They wanted cigarettes and money, i could only offer golf ball chewing gums

someone tried rob me there a few years back, poor dumb bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bastards robbed my bike on me when i was a kid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Quality wrote: »

haha
    catholic Customs eh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

Pighead wrote: »
    This bit reminds me of the old Jack Handy quote "Even though he was an enemy of mine, I had to admit that what he had accomplished was a brilliant piece of strategy. First, he punched me, then he kicked me, then he punched me again."

Ahhh pighead used the word 'me', the world is coming to an end....

you fail at your running gag sucka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

My sister bought be a second hand bike for my birthday after my other one was stolen. She gave it to me on a Thursday evening. I parked it at the side of the house and secured it to a concrete pillar with a thick chain and a good lock. I didn't take it with me that day but was planning to use it that evening. When I returned home and went to unlock it I found that my own lock had been removed and replaced with another different lock. This made me late for a football match. Later that evening I was able to release it using bolt cutters that I borrowed from an ambulance crew. A week further on the chain was getting caught in the rear wheel and eventually broke. I carried it into the bike shop to get a new one . The following day the pedal fell off as the Polish guy fixing it had failed to secure it properly. I left it locked in college on a Friday evening as I was heading away and didn't have time to get it fixed. Upon returning on the Monday I find the bike knocked to the ground, reflectors kicked off and the front wheel buckled. As I didn't have time to haul it in to the bike shop to get it fixed so it sat there for two weeks. When I went to open the lock the only key I had for it broke off inside it and I couldn't open it. As I didn't have bolt cutters I decided to leave it where it was and let the bike thieves do the work. So anyway it was sitting there for a month when in I come Monday morning and the bike is free and placed neatly up against a nearby tree allowing me to now take it into the bike shop to get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

just for curiousity why is this stickyed?
    Because it's not about the recession.

Thread of the day
    Terry started it yesterday with the bus driver piss one.
    New stupud thread stickied everyday.
    All hail the Terry overlord for this magnificent bounty of threadyness:pac:
    There will be no stupid threads stickied.

My mums home got broken into just before Christmas 2007. The guy was as a high as a Kite, didnt bother stealing anything, but fancied some Tea, Toast & a bowl of my mums crunchy nut cornflakes....then fell asleep on her couch! Mum didnt bother waking him and called the cops, who woke him up and hauled his ass outta there.

Of course he didnt do any time behind bars either, I think its called probation
    Many years ago there was a crazy alco living across the road from me. One Christmas he broke into his neighbour's house and stole a bottle of vodka.
    He left a note saying he had done it.
    The neighbours called the cops and he was done. Did a few years sholtly afterwards. Lots of crap built up.

tech2 wrote: »
    some thug in Corbally robbed an mp3 out of my car 2 years ago. Was a zen but I left my window half open. The lads at work said they didnt rob my car cause noone would rob a golf!!:pac:
    I used to drive a Charade van and would often leave the windows open and the keys in the ignition in my driveway overnight. It was never taken.

On topic, shortly after moving from a nice cosy council estate to a private estate up the road, I had my bike stolen.
    Now it wasn't as classy as Pighead's, but it still stung.
    Back in the council estate you could leave anything in your garden and know that it wouldn't be taken. Not in the upmarket private estate though. ****ing scumbags from there stole anything they could get their hands on.

I'm happily back in my council estate now.
    A few years back I had another bike. It was a piece of crap, but it was good enough for my then daily 10/15 mile cycle.
    I was in the local one night, left it outside while I had a few pints and when I came back out it had been moved. Turns out that someone had stolen it. They were spotted my a neighbour of mine and told to leave it back.
    A few weeks later I came home and it wasn't in my driveway. The kids on the estate told me that it was my (then) young neighbour who had taken it. She dropped it back the following morning.

On that day I had a bitching hangover. I walked downstairs after the postman had been and there was a tax rebate cheque there. So I got on my bike and went to the bank. Changed the cheque and cycled to the nearest pub (25 yards away).
    So I proceeded to get completely hammered, as is my style. Didn't think about the bike I had left outside the pub at all. Then I walked out and saw it had been taken. Granted, that was a good 6 hours later.
    I later found out who had stolen it. The guy was cycling down a steep hill, wasn't used to how I had set the brakes and went flying over the handle bars. Broke his wrist. Justice served. Never got the bike back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

My wallet was nicked twice, and someone stole one of my L plates at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Blush_01 wrote: »
    My wallet was nicked twice, and someone stole one of my L plates at Christmas.

One of your L plates? That's not a robbery, that's just...strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Were you bringing it to the Vatican for blessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Probably borrowed it to jump start the engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Few months ago, my wallet was robbed in D'icon!

And then when i was in Dublin, my digi camera was taken!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Abigayle wrote: »

On topic, Ive had my bag stolen before. Purse, phone etc. Scum.
    You had scum in your bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭reggiethefirst

Am I the only one who first thought "WTF, she had a live rabbit in her luggage?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Am I the only one who first thought "WTF, she had a live rabbit in her luggage?"

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭reggiethefirst

Abigayle wrote: »
    Yup.

Feck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Ah, yes I remember now... a long time in my local pub my phone was stolen. It was my own fault for being so trusting in my fellow locals. I went to get a pint at the bar, left my phone on the table, my friends were at the table at the time. When I came back it was gone, I had a unique cover and I noticed an elderly woman with it a few days later. I didn't say anything. I wasn't sure.

The same pub you could leave your wallet and whatever on the table and it wouldn't be touched. I was more pissed off about all my numbers. Ah well... lesson well learned :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Was mugged on O'Connell Street. My wallet, atm card, credit card, boots card, library card and about 50 other cards were taken. Plus my mp3, drivers licence and lots of other stuff.
    Was held up at gunpoint in an armed robbery at work too.

The mugging was much worse because the stuff taken was mine. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

No.

Really haven't most people who attempt to mug me are armatures

"giz yur fone!"

"No." *continues walking*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep lost about 600 euro worth of gear when I was in college. Was out playing football and had left my stuff in the dressing rooms as per usual. 4 of us got done over and I lost my phone, mini-disc player, watch, chain and football jersey that I'd just bought. Got a small but back on insurance but the college didn't want to know and basically told us tough shit even though it was on their premises.

My mate even had his runners nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Had my bike robbed when I was a young'un (about 11). Two older lads rode their bike in front of mine so I had to stop. One hopped off and asked for a go of my shiny done up to the nines BMX. I said no and got an almighty dig in the head (my first proper punch :(). Bye bye bike.

My brother saw it later on in the possession of some future well-known gangland figures of Dublin. Not worth the hassle.

I miss my bike. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

javaboy wrote: »
    My brother saw it later on in the possession of some future well-known gangland figures of Dublin. Not worth the hassle.

I miss my bike. :(

Chin up Jav. Ride his missus instead. Then run fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭another world

After drinking far too much I decided to walk to my place in Rathmines from town. The long distance it was and heavy drunken legs on me I decided to take a break at someones doorplace. Someone approaches me, asks if I´m ok and then robs my glasses. Too paraletic to do anything about it, even though I could seem him doing it (well, for a bit anyway).

Who robs glasses? It´s like robbing someone´s walking stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

After drinking far too much I decided to walk to my place in Rathmines from town. The long distance it was and heavy drunken legs on me I decided to take a break at someones doorplace. Someone approaches me, asks if I´m ok and then robs my glasses. Too paraletic to do anything about it, even though I could seem him doing it (well, for a bit anyway).

Who robs glasses? It´s like robbing someone´s walking stick!

That is the weirdest thing!? Why would they rob them unless they knew your prescription and had the exact same as you!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Three armed robberies. Took the guards over an hour to show up after the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 J a m e s

Locamon wrote: »
    Does this mean Dublin is overseas for ya??! :)

Had my mobile pick-pocketed once and a couple of junkies tried to rob me in Dublin city centre one time but managed to push one down and run away like a big chicken...met a couple of gardai and reported it and they took my details and promptly went in a different direction :confused:

Yeah mate im living in australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sputnik101

some skinny little twirp tried to mug me in dublin before xmas.. didn't work out to well though he nearly got busted and fell off his bike! Cycled away before he could be held! Twatbag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 J a m e s

Christ is sounds like a Ruff place... I didnt think it was that bad when i was there!

Advertisement