Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been robbed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Pighead wrote: »
    Non Eagle owners can't even begin to understand the beauty and sheer wonder of those bikes.

It's true. Sometimes, in moments of weakness, I wonder whether the pain of losing it was worth it all. But then I come to and realise that those three weeks spent floating into college were probably the greatest three weeks of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Been robbed loads :(:(

Someone stole my Cindy doll when I was 6.:rolleyes:

My wallet was robbed when I was doing exams in college.:o

My car window was smashed and stuff taken out of the car.:confused:

Wheelie bin robbed and burnt out in the local park.:mad:

OH's car was robbed. It had been laid up for a while needing work done on it. It wouldn't start so the scumags broke in, pushed it up the road, broke into a Civic and took the battery out of that to put into OH's car. They still couldn't get it started.... dopes. :P

Glad to get out when we did or who knows what was next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 J a m e s

Never had a problem with it before until i went Overseas. Had a few close calls in london and dublin. A family member was robbed of cash in west and and then when parked outside tescos in sligo was surrounded by a gang in her car trying to nick her camera!
    Glad to get home I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Was held up at knifepoint back when I was 13/14, just a few doors down from my house. Two lads followed me and a friend from the shop. They took a fiver, a litre of milk and a packet of Walkers Prawn Cocktail off us :rolleyes:

Made the front page of the Kerryman newspaper, big photo of my mug on it, and got a wee mention in the Irish Independant too!

For about 3 weeks after, every knacker in Tralee knew me as 'the fella from the paper'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

My car got broken into a few months ago. Stole my ipod, my bf's ipod, my bro's ipod. My hair straightner, my radio, and my dog's mat for the back seat.

Bastards. Then another time I went swimming in London, came back to lockers and someone had stolen my clothes, my fecking ipod.
    They thoughtfully left me one of my brand new converse runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

LeahBaby wrote: »
    My car got broken into a few months ago. Stole my ipod, my bf's ipod, my bro's ipod. My hair straightner, my radio, and my dog's mat for the back seat.

Bastards. Then another time I went swimming in London, came back to lockers and someone had stolen my clothes, my fecking ipod.
    They thoughtfully left me one of my brand new converse runners.
    I dont think you should be allowed have an ipod:pac:

I dont think you should be allowed have an ipod:pac:

Just lost my new one. Poxy Nanos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just for curiousity why is this stickyed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Check if you swallowed it. I sat on mine once and it...well..
    just check anyway.

Wagon wrote: »
    Check if you swallowed it. I sat on mine once and it...well..
    just check anyway.
    Where'd it go?

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

J a m e s wrote: »
    Never had a problem with it before until i went Overseas. Had a few close calls in london and dublin. !

Does this mean Dublin is overseas for ya??! :)

Had my mobile pick-pocketed once and a couple of junkies tried to rob me in Dublin city centre one time but managed to push one down and run away like a big chicken...met a couple of gardai and reported it and they took my details and promptly went in a different direction :confused:

I rest my case :D

Thread of the day
    Terry started it yesterday with the bus driver piss one.
    New stupud thread stickied everyday.
    All hail the Terry overlord for this magnificent bounty of threadyness:pac:

I rest my case :D
    Have to make do with a shuffle clipped to my unattended handbag for now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭LoveDucati2

ZiMZuM wrote: »
    My old car was broken into bout 1 1/2 yrs ago and all they took were my seat covers and floor mats,didnt even try to hot wire it or take the radio!!

worst thing was to get into the car they shoved something in the top of the door and bent it away from the car completly,cost of a new door was alot more than a couple of mats and seat covers!!!gits :mad::mad::mad:

I saw a 16 year old fiesta broken into.
    Had my mobile stolen a good few years ago, when i was in the gym. Thieves were kids, who got a crisis of consience when the guards got brought in. Yay for sign in sheets in sports facilities!

Two roma gypsies accosted me at the atm machine late one night last summer, covered the screen with a newspaper, hit the 200e button hoping to keep me distracted by continually asking fro change. I grabbed the money and called the guards on their sorry asses. They were arrested and i had to make a statement. and apparantly there were a gang of them picked up that same night.

So two near misses. . . .

Great, garda arrest them, 1 hour later fu*kin gypsy c*nts out robbing and begging again.
    ah women...would't know a trolley jack if it came up and bit them on the ass.

I bet she got in the car and started it and only checked after the car wouldn't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Terry stole Pighead's thread. :(

Have to make do with a shuffle clipped to my unattended handbag for now:D
    I give it a week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Pighead stole my innocence.

Where'd it go?

Huh?

Take a wild filthy guess :(

Wagon wrote: »
    Take a wild filthy guess :(
    Hope you at least had a very bass heavy song playing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

So whats the greatest thing that the robbers have stolen from you?
    My faith in humanity.
    My sense of personal safety.

Material things can be replaced, but discovering what fúcking scumbag turds walk the earth stays with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Material things can be replaced.
    Not always

Hope you at least had a very bass heavy song playing ;)

Is that so it could cause me to move my bowels so i could **** it out again? Well i didn't think of that and took some laxitives instead. I was too polite to do it in the kitchen so i went to the toilet instead. It died when it hit the water which i had also pissed in in the process :( The screen froze on the final song it every played and i watched as Yellow Submarine went under to start a new life in the sewers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

it was a wonderful afternoon.

back from a tiring school day(from 7.30am till 3.30pm)on the bus home.

i was texting me girl friend(ex now).the full 120 characters of every text warms me up and i was cuddling myself on the bus imagine she is beside me at that moment.i hold my phone right beside my heart(literally), waiting for the next love message and fall asleep peacefully.

woke up from a sweet dream after awhile.

GONE!!!!my phone along with my more than 200 of love txt messages!!!

It was a heart broken day.

p/s:if i ever find that son of $£%#;* stole my nokia 7210,he and his sons/grandsons/grandgrandsons are all so $£^£#%£&

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

They could replace it with one of those plastic He-Man swords that were popular in the 80's... it wouldn't be a like-for-like replacement, but a replacement none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭northwestguy27

My mums home got broken into just before Christmas 2007. The guy was as a high as a Kite, didnt bother stealing anything, but fancied some Tea, Toast & a bowl of my mums crunchy nut cornflakes....then fell asleep on her couch! Mum didnt bother waking him and called the cops, who woke him up and hauled his ass outta there.

Of course he didnt do any time behind bars either, I think its called probation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Nothing that I can remember... Some of my "friends" when I was younger, have stolen from me.

A house which I rented with 3 other people was broken into, it was great because one of my housemates was a junkey, they stole his car... hehe :) I kept all my stuff in my room and locked my room at night...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,266 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

my virginity was robbed many years ago by a hideous looking creature. She violated me and stole my cherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hollywood stole my childhood!!!!! /michael jackson ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

some thug in Corbally robbed an mp3 out of my car 2 years ago. Was a zen but I left my window half open. The lads at work said they didnt rob my car cause noone would rob a golf!!:pac:

Advertisement