Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left 4 Dead

Options
  • 05-11-2008 7:59pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Well the Left 4 Dead Demo is out tomorrow on Steam for those who have pre-ordered it on the PC and is suppose to feature single player and co-op content.

I know the Xbox 360 version is available tomorrow to those that pre-ordered it as well but I'm not sure if thats exclusive to North America.

The demo goes fully public on the 11th for both platforms.
    Game is out the 18th on Steam and the 21st retail on both Xbox 360 and PC.

Anyway I have got 2 other people along with myself ready to go through this in co-op and COD War at War in co-op (nazi zombie killing ftw).

If your interested in being the 4th person on our team then either page me here or contact me. My steam ID is simply Azza. I should be the boards.ie steam group anyway. The only other thing is we are using ventrillo for voice coms which is free of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There is a boards.ie steam group?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yup it has 216 members.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i just pre ordered it. kinda disappointed its not pre loading.
    do you know what time the demo is out at? i'd be up for some co-op. consider this a pm until we hammer out some details.

dont have COD though.

Hopefully as its a Valve game they will allow pre-loading soon.

Should be out some time after midnight tonight but no exact time.

Call of Duty World At War is not out till Friday week the 14th. A multiplayer beta is free to join if you go to the offical site but the beta has no co-op mode in it at the moment.

i dont think im arsed with COD, are you looking for the same people for both?

• Advertisement

No but myself and and 2 team mates had intend to go through COD: WAW in co-op and since thats 4 players as well it just be handy if the person was getting both but it does not matter.

Besides there is a 4v4 football match style mode in Left 4 Dead so the more we get from Ireland the better.

grand, im heading out now so we'll talk details some other time unless you have something in mind and just want to pm me.

Add me to you steam freinds list and if we spot each other online we can talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Any reviews around for it yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

After initially glancing over the thread, i thought it was out today :( But i will be getting it when its released. Will wait till its out though. I know i will like it, so i dont think i will bother with downloading the demo. No reviews out yet, though its Valve, so it will be good.

Co-op Zombie killing? Yes please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Azza wrote: »
    Yup it has 216 members.

Where can I sign up?

Tks

Yeah Valve are great but I've heard zombie players have a 30sec respawn time. Now I am patient but that's a bit much.

Post back with impressions!

the zombie players get to play super zombies, it would mess up the balancing if you had constant streams of super zombies along with hordes of normal zombies.

think counterstrike rather than quake, longer respawns doesnt mean a worse game.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-nov5-preview-3

Good preview here.

Just finished updating now, demo is ready to be played.

Telgere wrote: »
    http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-nov5-preview-3

Good preview here.

Just finished updating now, demo is ready to be played.

Where is the demo?

can't see any on steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

I'm downloading the demo now off steam. You need to have preordered the game to see it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Where is the demo?

can't see any on steam?

For those of us who didn't preorder, the 11th is the day we get to play the demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I just bought it today and demo is ready in 8 mins

For those of us who didn't preorder, the 11th is the day we get to play the demo.

I did preorder. hmm i be investigate this

EDIT: restarted steam and demo appeared

**waits for mini-reviews**

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

silvine wrote: »
    **waits for mini-reviews**

It's amazing! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

My internet keeps crashing out, but single player feels like it will be amazing in co-op. I'm thinking mics will be a must have.

How does the game deal with my biggest concern, that being that every second person online is a total dickhead?

Is there anything to stop someone from ruining the game by gunning the rest of the team down at a crucial moment? Does the game have any ability to blacklist people or something like that?

TEEEELLLL MEEEEEE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

How does the game deal with my biggest concern, that being that every second person online is a total dickhead?

Is there anything to stop someone from ruining the game by gunning the rest of the team down at a crucial moment? Does the game have any ability to blacklist people or something like that?

TEEEELLLL MEEEEEE!!!!!

This is why I'm getting it for the PC. Less dickheads.

grizzly wrote: »
    This is why I'm getting it for the PC. Less dickheads.

In much the same way that 9000 is less than 9001, i suspect.

Online PC gaming is as bad, if not worse than Xbox live when it comes to people being cunts.

In much the same way that 9000 is less than 9001, i suspect.

Online PC gaming is as bad, if not worse than Xbox live when it comes to people being cunts.

Depends on the game to a certain extent, PC TF2 community seems pretty mature to me most of the time. I do think that XBL is worse than PC I must admit, generally speaking.

Depends on the game to a certain extent, PC TF2 community seems pretty mature to me most of the time. I do think that XBL is worse than PC I must admit, generally speaking.

I'll see your XBL and raise you CS: S
    :P

I'll see your XBL and raise you CS: S
    :P

Well like I say, depends on the game. But yeah, point taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Went and bought a 3v voucher to the value of €40 cos I saw the game is advertised at $44.99 (which works out at €35), then realised they add €9.45 in tax after entering CC details (works out €41.98), aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :eek: ****, what do I do now? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Went and bought a 3v voucher to the value of €40 cos I saw the game is advertised at $44.99 (which works out at €35), then realised they add €9.45 in tax after entering CC details (works out €41.98), aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :eek: ****, what do I do now? :mad:

.... wait for the exchange rate to fluctuate in your favour?

Sorry. :p

... or this, you could do this! [Link]

Advertisement