Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Ring

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Just an update - went to jeweller yesterday to see this infamous new ring. It is gorgeous. Anyway, we all left happy. Because the jeweller is a friend of ours he just said leave a deposit and we could take the ring with us and we can pay in installments that I will chip in towards.
    When my boyfriend (finace, I suppose I should say :D) saw the ring from himself, he nearly cried it was done so nice. It was such a special moment and we are so happy.
    Thank you all for your advice and comments x x

Aaww...glad you got your special moment op :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ah, he was just scalded at the double goolie-kick of having his nice-ring-on-the-cheap plan blow up then being emasculated by the jeweller demanding over a grand to fix his mistake, with no room to haggle as the job was done (and not in Israel).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Shivers, I'm really happy that everything worked out ok. I feel bad for you the way the engagement worked out, it's not a story you want to tell your grandkids is it! I also can't believe the abuse you've got on this thread! You stated several times that it wasn't anything to do with the cost of the ring but the fact that you hated it, do people on here really expect you to wear something that you hate for the rest of your life (yes, I'm an optimist!)

To be honest, I think you let your fiance off the hook a little, he should have known better than get a friend to buy your ring and then to have the nerve to act like such a baby because you didn't like it, male pride is a funny thing :rolleyes:.

Ah well, all's well that ends well, i'm sure you laugh at this story in years to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Ah..... I dont see it as letting him off the hook. I love him to bits so we shall just build a bridge!! We are both very happy so thats the main thing.

I wouldnt let the abuse on here bother me. I try to be an optimist too.

Oh and pink fluffy bunny.... the ring is just a fraction too tight so it wont fall off :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement